Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Very good company
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 11, 2019
It was a good company to work for. They treated me very well. They always answered all my questions when I had them. People were very friendly and courteous. I would recommend them to any one of my friends if they needed a job.
Contractor review
Disaster Recovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 11, 2019
I was assigned to Ahold/Delhaize in Salisbury NC. My experience with Apex was great and Apex did respond to all my needs or concerns. The client was however very ambiguous in the job requirements and did not support the contract very well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
None really
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2019
If you work hard and follow their model, you will succeed. Whether you are recruiting or an account manager you are able to make uncapped commission. In a good market for their services.
First time Contracting
Telecom Analyst - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2019
Apex is my first time to work as a contractor. My manager is always available with answers to my many questions. He also makes sure that the company I contract for is aware of my work and that they like me as me liking them.
Exciting, growing company to work for
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Overall, I'm very pleased with Apex. They give you all of the tools to succeed and foster an environment of growth. I enjoy working everyday here with my colleagues and managers.
Great support
PC Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
I always felt that Apex had my back and did the best for me. My recruiter was always will to listen to any concerns I might have had. I would work for them anytime.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
No support, no feedback, incompetent.
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJanuary 6, 2019
I was hired to work an IT help desk job for a very large e-commerce warehouse on a 18 month contract. Not long into the contract, I and the other contractors were told we were being moved onto a different kind of contract that enabled us to work uninterrupted for three years. My recruiter was from out-of-state and constantly had wrong information for me. They kept in touch frequently at first but after two months I barely heard from him again.

Pay was poor. They started me at $15/hr which was the same rate they gave unskilled labor client-side. The health insurance was expensive with an enormous deductible. No paid time off or sick leave at all. No compensation for working third shift either.

Shortly after 18 months there, I discovered job postings for my own position and shift had been posted on the usual boards. My contacts at Apex lied to me, claiming it was automated and a mistake. My supervisors client-side stonewalled me, so I kept my desk cleaned out and endured two more excruciating months before Apex finally called and let me know not to come back.

Never once had my performance been criticized by either client or contractor. I fulfilled all my responsibilities and had a single sick day over a year and a half.
Pros
No micromanagement (quite the opposite), Free IT training resources, bi-annual $25 gift cards as bonuses
Cons
Dishonest management, ignorant recruiters, low pay, no PTO
great place to learn new things
product sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 3, 2019
I got to work with new tech every day . Worked with great people and learned a lot .Plus helped me understand the other side of table .Would enjoy working for them again .
Pros
learning something new each day
Cons
sometime contracts are shorter than your told
apex
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Cons

It's a huge company. You can get placed on an awesome team or a bad one. Some people have great bosses some don't. If you aren't read to work hard or have the mentality of "I need to be the best performer here", you're not going to make money and you're not going to make it long term. It's not always a fair playing field. You may have more talent and dedication than the person next to you but if the account that their assigned to performs better/has better business to recruit on, your less hardworking peer will eventually outrank you and ultimately make more money than you strictly because of luck.
Contractor with Apple
GIS Technician at Apple Inc. via Apex (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Worked as a contractor for Apple. Hiring process was quick and easy. However, Apex hiring managers leverage the NDA over the work to make the mundane work that is actually done seem more appealing and alluring, even in the very late stage interviews.
Productive workplace and enjoyable atmosphere.
Clinical Support/Helpdesk Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 1, 2019
Apex Systems was a very productive and enjoyable place to work. Helping hospitals to get they're computer systems up and running when they failed was always a big achievement.
Pros
Work environment, Management, Traveling for the company.
Cons
Being away from original home.
Good Company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2018
Overall good company. Management and HR very responsive to their contractors. Benefits are not the greatest but very competitive salary in regards to industry.
A typical day was attending meetings and testubg reports
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 20, 2018
I learned quite a bit while working for. I had plenty of support from my co-workers and supervisors. I learned new tools and to guesstimate how many hours it would take me to complete a task.
Pros
Excellent boss.
Cons
Temp job
Great relationships with employees
Project Coordinator/ Verizon Business Markets (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 19, 2018
Management really makes an effort to be available for their employees. Open door policy, Flexible hours, work from home available, always available by phone.
Pros
super flexible
Cons
Healthcare benefits are not great
Fun atmosphere
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 18, 2018
Had a great time while on asignment.
Too bad it had to end. I would still be there if wasn't contract.
The recruiters were kind and great staffing....
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Contract work
Help Desk
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2018
I worked for this company as a contractor. I worked at KCSouthern Railroad for a short term contract. This company puts you out there to gain more experience and is very helpful with any issues concerning their clients.
An outstanding place to work.
Facilities Project Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, vaDecember 14, 2018
Excellent place to work. Top management always informed us of changes and clear instructions on each job to be accomplished each day. Team members were great to work with. Each team member is very knowledgeable of their position.
Pros
Work with employees
Cons
Health care
Grateful
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 13, 2018
I am extremely grateful for Apex because of them I am able to work on a military base. They were the only company that decide to take a chance and sponsor my clearance. It has always been a lifetime goal of mine to work on a military base and thanks to Apex I am able to fulfill that box on my bucket list.
Pros
Great schedule, Great Pay, Management is superb, Prompt turn around with communication.
Cons
Contracts can end at anytime with little notice.
Good pay and people to work with
Drafter and Designer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2018
Apex is a contractor that places you in an IT environment. They pay more than most companies can because they do not offer PTO, holiday pay, and there benefits package is expensive. They do however offer a 401k which is a plus. They are very good at answering questions, concerns and phone calls if you have questions or need help. For some one fresh out of school with no family this company is great for getting your feet in the water and starting a career. I would not recommend this company to people who have a family.
Pros
Decent pay and Good people
Cons
No Benefits/PTO/Paid Holidays.
Good place to start a career
Technical Recruiting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Apex for the time I was there. Not much room to be anything other than an account manager or a recruiter so I felt that there was no room for me to grow there. The workplace culture was pretty good. I worked with some nice/ not-so- nice individuals. Overall it's a great starting point if you are passionate about staying in recruiting or selling staffing solutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight