Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I loved working for this company but.. Im not sure why i havent been able to reach them
Dell EMC (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2018
I live this company.. Everything about it, is great.. Only problem is that.. The first job I was placed for I really didn't know much about, it was an entry level job.. At the end of the training period I was the only one out of 20 people to be asked to leave, and I was let go. I then tried calling my supervisor with Apex, none of my calls were responded too. I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Apex Systems
Poor work environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 13, 2018
Solitary admin in office of 85 - no support or management. Poor salary for position/work performed.
Most days spent sitting alone at front desk. Little or no work to do. Information provided was inconsistent and inaccurate. Culture was that of college dorm; young people with no respect for office or equipment.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
Lack of management
Not my advance or training opportunity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 12, 2018
Doing the short experience I had with Apex, they appear to be the all about them company. For the small amount of wages I excepted because I had no other choice, it appeal as though they took advantage of my situation and gave me whatever and not hurt they pockets.
Cons
Great opportunity, but constant grind
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 10, 2018
Ability to make a ton of money very quickly, and sustain it long term if that's what you want. You're running a full desk in terms of sales cycle, cold calling, managing accounts, and closing business. It's a lot for one person to handle but they pay very well.

Management was fantastic in my office, and they try to promote internally to other areas when they can and when people really want it.
Short term assignment
Sr Project Implementation Manager - Spectrum (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2018
I did not have a long term assignment at Apex systems. My tenure at Spectrum did not provide adequate training to fully get on board with implementation of software enhancements in a very fast paced environment. The compensation was very nice and they pay weekly.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short assignment
Where I was, the people werent to bad
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 1, 2018
Management does not communicate what so ever. I was contracted by Apex and working at another company, any time i had to get a hold of Apex. I never received a response.
Pros
People working with
Cons
Communication lacks. No paid time off.
No Comment
Electronic/Electrical Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 30, 2018
No Comment, I did not work here long enough to make any type of opinion on any issues or questions asked. This was a short time. short term contract job.
Training sessions
Inbound insurance sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 30, 2018
Trained for insurance testing and prepare for open enrollment of health insurance products. Needed security clearance to go to restrooms and cafeteria. Uncomfortable with the need to ask security for access to common areas due to delayed security clearance for new hires.
Pros
Effective training courses, successfully reinstated insurance license
Cons
Commute to location, and unusually slow to give security clearances
Contract Transparency
Lead Business/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 28, 2018
The recruiters were great, however, I would have preferred more transparency in relationship to the length of the contract and the needs of the contract.
Temporary Position
Help Desk Support/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214July 26, 2018
I was only employed on a contract business to help complete a contract so there is little that I can add. I was given the correct tools to perform my function at the time I was employed until I was laid off.
Everybody works hard
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
There is plenty of work to keep you occupied. Its seemed there was a disconnect between desktop support and the systems engineers. It seemed a little disorganized but the small group in my office was welcoming.
Pros
People
Cons
Miscommunication
Opressive Management
Contractor - IT Support Specialist - Provide IT (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJuly 17, 2018
I was contracted to Kohls.com for IT support. All APEX personnel were great work with and they were very responsive. On the other hand the Kohl's Management team very very condescending to their subordinates and contractors. They created an an environment that was submissive.
Pros
Working with the onsite team
Cons
Managment wa a nightmare
Great Work Experience
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
Working with Apex Systems was a great and exciting opportunity in which I hope to continue pursuing after a medical convalescence. Working with the San Diego Miramar MCAS team broadened my knowledge and understanding of the IT world. It also gave me the benefit of knowing if this was the career change I hoped to gain along with experience. The most important aspect of work that I've learned, not only with Apex, is that You must make yourself an asset and in doing so you become must more than a regular team player, you become a pillar.
Pros
rental car, hotel, transportation to and from home, and food reimbursement
Cons
you're bond by the job scope of the contract.
Not Great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2018
Claim that it is a great environment with tons of growth, not really true. They give everyone a shot to get in the door, but that's about it.

Very unorganized, AWFUL benefits, and even worse compensation.
Pros
Young crowd
Cons
Environment, benefits, compensation
Not a great place to work
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Racist and prejudiced management and HR Nightmare . working here is very uncomfortable and i could not wait to leave. The worst experience i have ever had working in recruiting
Not a great balance, dead in my role
Customer Support Manager at Dell Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2018
Typical day of work for me was going into the client, disciplining their agents (as instructed by management) including firing some, and on-boarding people to replace them.

I didn't learn anymore that I knew going into this job. I take that back, I learned how to fire several people in one day.
N/a
Product Support Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 9, 2018
Apex was a great company but the company I was sent to was the worst. I appreciate the opportunity but I truly dislike the manager staff for the department
If you like being an overworked robot...
N/A (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2018
Apex was okay in the beginning, but I quickly learned that you are there to make them money and they could care less how they treat you. I am speaking about the sales side of things, I cannot speak for back office. Before I left, I found myself overworked for mediocre pay and constantly being told reasons why things are not working out for me (which was 110% untrue). Apex seems to believe that you have the power to control other people and their decision making and when a client does not do what you want, it is your fault somehow. This is a high turnover, overworked, and high stress company. It is great for certain people, but for the majority, it just takes years off your life.
Pros
bonus structure, gym reimbursement
Cons
overworked, high stress, base pay is not great, low PTO
Apex places short term contracts
Project Manager & Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 2, 2018
Apex places people in short-term high-intensity projects. They are quick to onboard and make sure you get paid on time. They interview both the project seeker and the job source for a good match
Pros
Great projects when they get them
Cons
Long waits between projects.
Contractor
Web Developer contractot (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2018
Really good as Contracting firms go, the people were nice, they were responsive to my needs, and the compensation was fair and fairly open. The account manager, consultant, and be other staff were helpful and went above and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight