Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2018
productive management is easy to get along. quick to respond to issues. Pay is good for a start out job I would recommend others for a job with them.friendly people
Worked for them for only few months
Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2018
The staff is wonderful and everyone is nice to work with. They are very helpful with providing what you need to be successful.

Company training and orientation are provided, however you must be with the company for 6 months to qualify for additional training on any skills you would like to learn.

Benefits are only offered after completing 60 days, 401k is offered, but only matched after 12 months, and at a low rate.

Health benefits are really expensive, it was cheaper for me to get this elsewhere.
Pros
Team outings
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
A short experience
Technical Call Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2018
I worked as a contractor for Apex. My assignment was at SunTrust. I worked for Apex less than a year. It has also been more than 13 years since I have worked at Apex.
My experience
Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 16, 2018
Great coworkers but lacked empathy for people with families. Definitely worked with some people who treated me with no respoect no matter how hard I worked. Felt like more of a sorority versus workplace.
Traveling
Seat Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Multi-SiteMay 15, 2018
Multiple supervisors. Depending on job site you may not get full 40 hours of work every week. Other companies pay more than Apex for doing the same work.
Pros
Expenses. Easy work.
Cons
Travel. Almost always with different team.
stepping stone job
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 13, 2018
It was great at first, with great work culture. However a year past and no raise or talks of moving up with a higher tier or cyber security job. I had to do what i needed to do to get more compensation though.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
they do not tend to move you to better positions.
Resume in the void.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 9, 2018
I had a dismal experience with Apex. I worked with a very inexperienced (and tactless) recruiter who basically refused to answer my calls or emails after submitting me to jobs....not even to tell me whether I was submitted. Rude and unresponsive.

My experience with this awful firm really was the catalyst for me to move away from consulting back into FT work, as I could not feel good about people like this taking a cut of my wage.
Pros
The rate was ok
fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Great company was at a time in my life were i want more not just sitting behind the wheel no advancement but had great time owner topnotch great equipment if you get hired here your a good driver
Wonderful company
Senior Project Manager (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Apex is the best consulting firm I've ever worked for or hired from. The only downside is the benefits package for their consulting team. The recruiters and staff are amazing, take care of their teams and will help you grow
Hired Gun
SR. PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
Apex focuses on getting the right candidates to their customers only. They will pay near top dollar to get the right people hired, however, they have no issue replacing people on the spot when/if hiccups occur in their performance. It was very challenging to build out a team for them.
Pros
High pay
Cons
No job security
They work well with all there associates.
Root Cause Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 5, 2018
I enjoy working with them. I'm currently involved with a project with Panasonic Automotive. It has worked well with me. The compensation is competitive.
Worked a short time under Apex
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 4, 2018
My time with Apex was not too long. I did have a good experince with the onboarding process with the contract i was working on. I did get an offer to stay permanent with the primary contracting company but offer was late. Not on Apex at all
Straight forward contracting company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 3, 2018
Management is very supportive and works diligently in keeping you informed with any changes. Anything that you need was quickly resolved and delivered. The on boarding process is a little tedious but they work hard to make you look like a prime candidate for their client.
It's okay
PC Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 25, 2018
The benefits aren't really that great. I'd suggest finding a different company that can offer you a little more. I would recommend talking to a few people before committing to this company.
felt valued for my knowledge and expertise
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 25, 2018
typical day at work:
commute to customer location
log in to customer proprietary network
receive new work, or continue work in progress
order new circuits and circuit reconfigurations
hardest part of job was over abundance of meeting requirements
most enjoyable part was working with so many employees of the customer (Verizon Wireless) both locally and across the West Area and beyond, as well as LECs and providers from other companies
Pros
clean, safe customer location
Cons
work environment (cubicle) was overcrowded
Great management locally, terrible benefits
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2018
The local management does a great job staying engaged and doing their best to take care of the employees.
They do a great job as a staffing agency. Terrible as an employee.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Medical benefits are the worst I have ever seen. No vacation
Apex
Criminal Investigative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2018
This company usually recruits for other contracts so employment with them doesn't usually last long. benefits are not very good and pay for me is hourly and a significant pay cut for me.
My apex point of contact has been very communicative about the conversion process.
great entry level job
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 16, 2018
Apex was a great place to gain experience. It doesnt pay well at all, but the company culture is great. There is a high turnover due to the lack of growth you can experience and also the low pay
Easy interview
Call Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  WFHApril 16, 2018
Easy interview but long wait to start but probably due to the hollidays /end of year.
WFH issues with computer security and access removed when date not entered correctly with the contractor but not APEX issue
Pros
Working from home
Cons
security issues
fun good people
Windows 10 Deployment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCApril 13, 2018
Job was for Windows 10 Deployment, Co workers are fun a lot to do throughout the day to keep you busy, Job was only temporary 6 month contract. Apex is descent no long term security
Pros
people enviorment
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight