Apex Systems Employee Reviews

A one year contract to pay the bills
Data Editor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2018
It was decent. No great perks but it kept me busy for a year. Low stress and no overtime was nice, but the benefits were terrible and the pay was nothing to get excited about. It was a year for contemplating what I really want to do.
Typical of agency
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILSeptember 14, 2018
This is a temp agency. They found me a position in a timely time period
I work a call center each day was busy.
Learned a new database system
Management was ok
Hardest part of job was location
There was not joy it was just a job
Cons
Very good temporary company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Assist the Director of Policy and Preparedness with day to day Administrative needs such as travel, schedule meetings, prepare agendas, order supply.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
No paid holidays
contracting company
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28204September 12, 2018
I work for Apex but and contracted to Wells Fargo Bank, Working as a contractor is moderate at best. they do not offer time off or sick time. benefits are OK but costly and the company puts in very little.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
time off, health care cost.
Decent Company
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasco WASeptember 12, 2018
Working with Apex Systems was a pleasure. The contract positions however do not offer much in flexibility with work life balance. So make sure you investigate the contract before you agree to it. Management was very helpful, benefits packages and Payroll systems are solid and dependable.
Pros
Pay systems, benefits, friendly staff
Cons
Contracts can be rigid
Great opportunity / Respect of employees / Excellent living arrangement
Driver / Data Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 9, 2018
You have the ability to earn a good amount of money and will be treated as a professional and giving the respect as so. You will have leadership that is willing to help when issues occur. Excellent work environment!
Great Place to Work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 9, 2018
Working at Apex Systems as a Recruiter has been great.

The only con here is the low base salary, and of course, the flaky nature of contractors and candidates.

The company culture is amazing here.

The work life balance is very good. 8-5 Monday-Friday. You can choose to stay late if you'd like.

No weekend or nighttime work.
Pros
Great Commission, Great Culture, Great Management
Cons
Very Low Base Pay, Can't control What candidates and contractors do
Worked onsite in Birmingham, Alabama
Consulting Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 9, 2018
My time working with Apex was a rewarding experience. The people were wonderful to work with sharing knowledge and customer expectations. Personnel development would be an opportunities for growth.
Good Company to work for.
Contractor, Assembly Language SME (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Good Contract Employer. Was contracted to a Govt organization and that environment was typical. Not to fast and constantly changing directions. Several companies involved so it was difficult to come to a consensus on project direction.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Constantly changing direction, costing the taxpayers millions.
Pay out of your own pocket
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Usa militaryAugust 29, 2018
A meatgrinder job promising reimbursement for travel expenses only to back away and/or pay only a few expenses even when following their guidelines. Job pays hours worked with no overtime, lunch is taken only at leisure otherwise you MIGHT have an 8 hr day. Most of times you will have 3-4 hrs a day and company will not care. Dont work for them.
Pros
Cons
Out of picket job
overall good
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 29, 2018
Management in the office ere great but the managers I had worked remotely and set unrealistic expectations. It is a gloried call center that weighs heavily on numbers. It is a great position for a recent grad.
IT Project Management Consultant
Project/Program Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2018
Apex was very good at providing me the right opportunity and management when I needed it.

Apex is a consultant company that placed me in a Financial Services position.
It was a very large State of GA - REFRESH project that took several technicians to complete. 50,000 comouters ti backup and reload to tje new
Desktop Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
It was a fun 4 1/2 months. Met angeeat bbn people and hats off to the State od GA's employees. You were very patient and kind to us all. Wonderful experience.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Project could have been more organized.
Good Company
Sr. Delphi Developer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 25, 2018
This company is the same as most contracting companies. I would recommend working for APEX, Good benefits will work with the client to get the highest salary possible.
Nice culture
Dell Install Team Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2018
I configured routers and switches, as well as troubleshoot them when they went down.
I maintained this network, and provided updates to upper management as needed.

I learned to work with a team of people.
nice people some easy work
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJAugust 22, 2018
it was a nice place to work, no drama free coffee, mostly i pulled staples and made copies then refiled the original document It was a temp job only 3 months but if they were closer i would do it again
Only a temporary consultant position
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
As a temporary consultant position APEX is as good as they come. They do offer virtual training courses to stay current in your field which is unique and above many. Your job is only as good as the client contract however and there is no holiday or PTO pay, which I'm told is standard. I have worked for other staffing agencies that did give you holiday and earned sick pay, so I'm not sure why APEX's preference is to not offer this valuable benefit to their contractors?
Pros
Very professional
Cons
No holiday or earned PTO time.
Its a great entry level company
Help Desk Support Break/Fix (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2018
So far my only complaint is the stressful nature of the job, difficult quotas and the low pay. It can be a difficult job at times and maintaining a 95% customer satisfaction goal can be difficult. All it takes is a few bad reviews over things that are out of your control and your customer satisfaction rating drops below the 95% requirement.
Pros
Great foot in the door
Cons
Low pay, little notice for overtime, and difficult quotas
N/a
IT PROFESSIONAL - CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Apex provided an opportunity to work for another company as an IT professional that suited my needs at the time. The position eventually lead to being hired on by the company full time.
I loved working for this company but.. Im not sure why i havent been able to reach them
Dell EMC (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2018
I live this company.. Everything about it, is great.. Only problem is that.. The first job I was placed for I really didn't know much about, it was an entry level job.. At the end of the training period I was the only one out of 20 people to be asked to leave, and I was let go. I then tried calling my supervisor with Apex, none of my calls were responded too. I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Apex Systems
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight