Apogee Physicians Employee Reviews

Pays well but no job security
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 4, 2018
Loved working there at first, but in the end they expect WAY too much out of one person and will let you go for no reason at all. Only job security is having a close relationship with someone in the company that has any kind of power.
Not a great place to work.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 18, 2018
Apogee Physicians is not a great place to work unless you are willing to become close friends with management, have no opinion of your own, allow your coworkers to slack on the workload and enjoy management not following the companies policy and procedures.
Great and fun Company
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 4, 2018
Loved working here. The doctors are great. The hours are great. Got to travel for training which was awesome. The benefits are excellent as well. The pay is also great .
Great
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 7, 2018
Excellent job. Lots of administrative work. Scheduling, patient interaction and great schedule. Good starting wage. Local to my home. Highly recommended
No Growth
Lead Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 21, 2018
Great company to work for if you are satisfied with being complacent. No room for growth, professionally or personally. Start off pay is great especially considering that they do not require experience.
Pros
Time off, flexibility, hours, holiday pay
Cons
No growth, pay is capped after 3 years
Laid Off
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 2, 2018
I would say that if you do not fit in with the other ladies working there then you are not going to fit in. I was laid off out of the blue before Thanksgiving. I enjoyed my work, but was not liked by some of the ladies who had been there for years. The doctors are very nice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lay off without notice
Very fast paced but enjoyable.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with the Physicians and learning new skills. Patients were absolutely great to help with their needs. The hours were a bit stressful because of the time you had to start. However it was manageable.
Pros
Step away from you desk as needed
Temp job at apogee physicians
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
I rarely saw management. My desk was secluded. I rarely had job assignments. I was reception, we only had one person come in for a meeting during my time there. Other than that, I spent most of my days with nothing to do.
Pros
Relaxed job
Cons
Too relaxed
Great company with opportunity for advancement
Lead Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 20, 2017
Office job, interacting with physicians, patients, and hospital staff on a daily basis. Mangement is always available and willing to help, however, no direct mangement on site, other than program director who is very busy.
Teamwork is a MUST.
The hardest part of the job is working with physicians who can sometimes be hard-headed and non-compliant with requests.
very competitive
Lead Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 12, 2017
very fast paced and competitive. can be treated unfairly at times. shows favortism to certain employees. physicians are very nice and considerate sometimes
Pros
free lunch for meeting
Cons
healthcare
Patient Information Coordinator
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 6, 2017
There is a female manager (MPIC) who flirts with all the girls (PICS) and users her authority to intimidate anyone from reporting her. Management is completely aware of this. If a male supervisor were doing this it would not be allowed. Disgusting!
Pros
Everyone in a department is offered the same starting salary and benefits
Cons
Corporate employees expect you to suck up to them in order to advance yourself
Great compensation, unbalanced life/work expectations.
Physician resources specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 18, 2017
Upper management cares about employees, but middle management has unrealistic expectations and acts as a "boss" and not a "leader." I work to live, not live to work, so this position was not for me. I was not willing to sacrifice my family and my life for a job.
Pros
Great compensation, travel opportunities, office perks
Cons
Unstable work/life balance, stuffy atmosphere
Decent Company - Bad Management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 13, 2017
For the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area the pay is decent. The main issue I experienced was that Apogee has grown too quickly and has not trained any of their middle management to actually manage their employees. Not only did I experience this, but I had employees in other departments tell me the exact same thing. Very disappointing. Health insurance is not good. They don't do yearly reviews and you only have the opportunity for a small raise in the beginning but in my experience they didn't even follow through on that. My recommendation - do not work in the marketing department!
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Bad management
Truly enjoyed the job, it offered the right mix of routine and new experiences, daily.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2017
Apogee, in the right atmosphere would most likely be the best company out there. However, job security is not up to you. So many variables involved in the job. I left a secure job to take a job with Apogee. Then Apogee decided to pull their contract with the hospital.
Unless you have the flexibility to be out of work with 90 days notice, you might want to pass on this job.
Pros
Your job duties are very clear, not micro managed
Cons
Egotistical providers causing drama
Great group of people to work with!
Receptionist Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
The team that I worked along side of were very intelligent and responsible individuals. They help me to discover who I was professionally and how great I could be. It was a different culture than I was use to, but that is what made it so Great!!
great
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 15, 2016
Loved it here. Miss everyone I worked with, wish I could go back to work here. Miss all the patients and employees. Always busy and never a dull moment.
Working at a hospital for doctor's
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 23, 2016
My day starts by making the doctor's list. I do insurance. I visit patients and make call's to them. It's just me and one other co-worker in the office, small and quaint. Not really any hard parts to this job. I consider myself a secretary.
Cons
would like better compensation
n/a
Payor Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2016
The company itself is great, management (my area) was not what I expected. I did not see myself advancing at all. The physicians I dealt with on a daily basis were wonderful to work with.
Great company to work for
Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 6, 2015
I am currently employed with Apogee Physicians. They are focused on quality care for patients, and work hard with the hospital to get us the help we need and adjust compensation accordingly. The PICs (the folks that make your rounding list and make your life easier) where I work are extremely involved and helpful. Of course, your experience may vary based on where you are working. But the regional director is extremely passionate and helpful, doesn't mind if you call or text him, and responds promptly and appropriately.
Excellent Organization
Chief of Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2015
Apogee Physicians has a great vision and patient focused care culture is promoted and delivered by corporate leadership and permeates throughout the organization.