Apogee Telecom Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Amazing company.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2019
Actually an amazing company to work for. They're everything a company should aspire to be. Relaxed managers that will still put you in your place. A slough of benefits that they provide at little or absolutely zero cost. 401k matching. An amazing pay rate for an up and coming worker. The only downside is the on-call and how hectic it can be around move-in's.
Grow with Apogee
Junior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
When I joined Apogee several years ago in a customer service role, my skills were still rusty from the lack of exposure to an innovative environment. Management saw the potential I had lost sight of and continued to challenge me with increasingly complex tasks to renew my confidence. The departments here work closely together to resolve the issues we encounter, and it was through that interdepartmental cooperation that I obtained working knowledge in several different technical fields. My aptitude was noticed as I was encouraged to seek a more technical role, and was promoted when I followed through. Training is provided with the evolution of the systems we support and revelations are added to our shared knowledge as we push the limits of those systems. If you're looking for a stimulating technical environment in which to grow, join us here at Apogee!
Pros
Comprehensive Healthcare, Clean New Office, No Politics, Holiday Parties, Taco Tuesdays, Thirsty Thursdays, Ping Pong Tournaments!
Cons
Great, fast-paced place to work
NetSuite Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I have been with Apogee for almost two years and have really enjoyed working here so far. There are always the people who throw off the culture, however, there are so many positive people who are focused on client success and getting the job done that they far outweigh the few.
Relaxed environment with supportive coworkers
Installations Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Each day can be different as an intern. Sometimes, you are traveling to a site and sometimes you are in the office. I was given numerous responsibilities that prevented the experience from being dull. I was surprised at how much the company let us handle. The management was relaxed and all the people were friendly, willing to give us advice about our futures. The hardest part of the job can be the number of hours spent on site. Working overtime for multiple days can be tiring and stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly atmosphere present each day in the office.
Pros
Free drinks, frequent company social events, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Unscheduled Overtime
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Project Management/Installations Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2017
a typical day at work what i learned was culture and management. the hardest part of job was the most enjoyable part of job. im not including financial information.
Bad People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
These folks dont care about their employees...Its all about the bottom line regardless of how bad the end product turns out. Good workers dont stick around this place very long.
Great Company that takes care of their people
Lead Data Network Installer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Apogee is about family. There is definitely a family environment as the upper management really look out for their employees. I have worked there for going on 3 years now, and if there was ever an issue or a personal problem they were there for me. I love the travel with this job and the every day challenges that come with each new project. Every college that we install in, has each of their own challenges.
Great place with complex projects.
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxApril 3, 2014
Great place with complex projects. Management team seems to understand the goals and value of the company.
Fast paced constantly changing
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2013
Very wide range of skills and knowledge necessary. Company is growing and expanding at a rapid pace.
Enjoyable people to work with
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2013
College students trying to set up all their internet, computers, printers is an adventure within itself. I rather enjoyed it.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
short breaks
worst place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2012
don't work for this company

you ll regret it. i would not advise anybody to work for this company.
Very small company , run on the fly without any professional planning.
Network run on the fly, no planning.

Non existing human ressources, in case of trouble there is no way to complain or have any hearing from management, there is no human services (ressosurces).
Please, don't work there.
Pros
bad management
Cons
unprofessional