Apogee Telecom Management reviews

Grow with Apogee
Junior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
When I joined Apogee several years ago in a customer service role, my skills were still rusty from the lack of exposure to an innovative environment. Management saw the potential I had lost sight of and continued to challenge me with increasingly complex tasks to renew my confidence. The departments here work closely together to resolve the issues we encounter, and it was through that interdepartmental cooperation that I obtained working knowledge in several different technical fields. My aptitude was noticed as I was encouraged to seek a more technical role, and was promoted when I followed through. Training is provided with the evolution of the systems we support and revelations are added to our shared knowledge as we push the limits of those systems. If you're looking for a stimulating technical environment in which to grow, join us here at Apogee!
Pros
Comprehensive Healthcare, Clean New Office, No Politics, Holiday Parties, Taco Tuesdays, Thirsty Thursdays, Ping Pong Tournaments!
Relaxed, but interesting work
Field Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 17, 2018
Great place to intern while going through college. Very flexible with schedules and paid decent. They always made sure I got my desired hours. Management was very nice and considerate.
Relaxed environment with supportive coworkers
Installations Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Each day can be different as an intern. Sometimes, you are traveling to a site and sometimes you are in the office. I was given numerous responsibilities that prevented the experience from being dull. I was surprised at how much the company let us handle. The management was relaxed and all the people were friendly, willing to give us advice about our futures. The hardest part of the job can be the number of hours spent on site. Working overtime for multiple days can be tiring and stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly atmosphere present each day in the office.
Pros
Free drinks, frequent company social events, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Unscheduled Overtime
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Project Management/Installations Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2017
a typical day at work what i learned was culture and management. the hardest part of job was the most enjoyable part of job. im not including financial information.
Bad People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
These folks dont care about their employees...Its all about the bottom line regardless of how bad the end product turns out. Good workers dont stick around this place very long.
Great Company that takes care of their people
Lead Data Network Installer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Apogee is about family. There is definitely a family environment as the upper management really look out for their employees. I have worked there for going on 3 years now, and if there was ever an issue or a personal problem they were there for me. I love the travel with this job and the every day challenges that come with each new project. Every college that we install in, has each of their own challenges.
Growing company with lots of opportunity
Manager, Field Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 5, 2015
Apogee is still growing and expanding, which provides a lot of opportunity for people willing to work hard and shine in their current roles. Extra responsibility and experience with various types of projects are regular opportunity for many employees. Depending on your ability level, you will likely be challenged in your role.

Work/life balance is a tough one for Apogee, but that pertains more to managerial roles than coordinators/technicians. Management cares about the employees and does their best to help train, teach, and help others succeed. It's nice for someone to have your back if there is ever a question too. If you work with them, they work with you. Open, honest, reliable, and consistent communication is huge.

Coordinators, very similar to a technician role, have a wide variety of responsibilities and often wear many hats. This makes everyday different. Within certain guidelines, coordinators make their own schedule, they have a fairly well defined task list and they are required to get it done. Regular checks to these things are in place and utilized. They are on-call 24-7-365, but Apogee provides flex time to try and make this reasonable.

You get a lot of tools, including a tablet for work use. They try to get coordinators to the headquarters once per year. Certifications are paid for and they're expanding the training they already have, which is fairly extensive but still being built. I've been very happy with Apogee thus far.
Pros
Minimal supervision, lots of tools/toys
Cons
Work/Life balance
Great place with complex projects.
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxApril 3, 2014
Great place with complex projects. Management team seems to understand the goals and value of the company.
worst place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2012
don't work for this company

you ll regret it. i would not advise anybody to work for this company.
Very small company , run on the fly without any professional planning.
Network run on the fly, no planning.

Non existing human ressources, in case of trouble there is no way to complain or have any hearing from management, there is no human services (ressosurces).
Please, don't work there.
Pros
bad management
Cons
unprofessional