Apogee Employee Reviews

worst place ive ever worked
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2019
this place was so horrible i dont know where to start. firstly the schedule is 3 12 hour days then one 6 hour day because for some reason that makes sense. then your schedule switches every month. so if you get hired on to work sunday through wednesday then the next month you'll work wednesday to saturday again because for some reason i never figured out that makes sense. they'll tell you 6am to 6pm but really its 6 am to at least 6pm though 7pm or even later which is more likely.though your shift is that long you only get the breaks you would get for a 8 or ten hour shift. Two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break with almost 4 hours in between each one. next the pay you start at is the pay your going to have for as long as you work there which i confirmed with people who had been there a year or more and still making their starting pay. which means the hr manager straight lies to your face about advancement. even going so far as to site people who moved from the production line to other areas. although if you ask the people that work there those people were moved under dubious circumstances i.e. moving a teenager because one of the middle aged managers couldnt stop leering at her. next you have the fact that everyone on the production line save a few people only speak spanish. which means you'll get basic instructions for one job then be stuck there if all you speak is english. i started with 4 people in my hiring group i made it two and a half days and abandoned the place. a girl i started with didnt even show up after two days and from what i heard this is about their  more... usual rate of turnover for employees. the pay is not remotely good and you will hate this place. most grocery stores pay more is the level this place is on.  less
Pros
not one single thing
Cons
everything you could think of
Production worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas County, TXMay 5, 2019
We have to rotate with the other team. Every 4weeks. Sometimes we have to work 7days straight. Then we be off 7days straight. No advancement in the company because they only hire people that don't speak English. Never people of color. Somedays they don't have ingredients to make and that means we don't have to work the next day.
Great Learning experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 8, 2019
As an intern I was required to get on one conference call a week. My boss was very understanding and was always willing to help me out if i had any questions or issues.
Pros
Marketing skills
Cons
not paid
Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2019
I particularly enjoy working directly for the VP of Talent. She mentored me and helped me grow my skill set. Her insight on people and recruitment was invaluable.
Very poor upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 26, 2018
High turnover rate in upper management and accounting. Place is being run by accountants their is no educated leaders left theyve all left.
Or have been replaced by cheaper options stay away especially if you have an education
Read the wall street journal it's all there lawsuit city. Seems even their top manager is a poor liar and you would want to work for them? Don't risk it .....stay as far away as you can.....also their stocks have crashed it seems even the investors have jumped ship
Pros
Come and go as you please
Cons
Terrible benefits. Very poor management
Company left the area
Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 1, 2018
It was a company that called on behalf of charities for household items and they kept calling the same phone numbers over and over after people had told them to remove them from their calling list 7 days a week day or evening shift.
not sure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Was not employed there for too long. Pay was not too good. Employees were enjoyable, I loved my supervisor she was such a doll and so super sweet. Does not pay much but good experience
No fum
Helper (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 19, 2018
The only fun I used to have it’s when i travel to go pick up the donations I used to travel from state to state I meet up good people also my cowork was nice to
reallyfast paced competetive job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2018
on a regular day everything goes by smoothly but when there are big sales which include mandatory overtime it gets messy. alot of customers, alot of messes. store cant be closed until it is at least presentable for the next business day.
Pros
two ten minutes breaks
Cons
only 30 minutes to eat even on 12 hour mandatory days.
Fayetteville Apogee
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 6, 2018
The Apogee office in Fayetteville is not a professional office to work in. The managers are not allowed to manage the site properly and the company does not follow their own policies and procedures.
Enjoyed working there
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 14, 2017
You stay busy throughout the day.
Scheduling. Insurance.
Over managed.
Relaxed.
Having too many people telling you what to do.
Meeting the new patients.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Got laid off.
Creative company in niche industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2017
Good place to work with creative management.. Niche industry which is growing. Cross training is encouraged. Advancement is possible with motivation.
Apogee
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 14, 2017
I made calls and scheduled pickups. I liked it there because there were opportunities to get overtime, the hardest part of my job was the disgruntled customers
Fun place to work
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Great fast paced hard work. Ok pay but should be more for what is expected of you. Outstanding co workers. Fun energetic. Day starts 6:15 and ends anytime til dark.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No set schedule. Low pay
Enjoyable office managent and co-workers
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2016
Overall great experience.
Learned a lot from employees.
Learned what it takes to start a major project.
No major hiccups.
Needs to better help new employees who very fresh to drafting and design.
Pros
Hour lunches, good and caring staffing
Cons
Little mistakes show up
Unprofessional Property Management
Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2016
My typical day at work was very stressful. I was always made to feel like my job was in jeopardy. There was no continued training so what I learned on the job taught me how to do my job successfully. The management staff treated me very unprofessional and there was no code of ethics. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the unprofessionalism of the property manager. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was teaching co-workers and the appreciation I felt from helping the tenants because ultimately that's who we work for.
Pros
Overtime pay and convenience of living on site.
Cons
Property Management
Boring Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 24, 2016
Very boring but paid well and was easy. Breaks every 2 hours with close places to eat. A tyical day would be going in to work and talking to around 200 people a day.
Fun and great enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 23, 2015
Answering 80-100 inbound calls per day.

Learned how to handle my patience with customers better, and helped with my phone skills.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks.
I would still be there if they had not shut the mines down.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Yolyn, WVSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed my job and what I did, I never expected to be out of the coal industry, but since the War on Coal, I am. But I am seeking work elsewhere that I may apply my equipment skills with, I can run just about anything and work on it at the same time.
Pros
Health and retirement benefits at the time
Cons
Lack of management
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2015
Working as part of the IT team we worked together to support each other. Managment was reorganizing but finally stabled out. A very good company to work for.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Pay was not the best.