Apollo Answering Service

Apollo Answering Service Employee Reviews

Great work from home job. All the training and interview process is strictly done from home and you work remotely as a “virtual receptionist”. Small group of team members which is nice because you are able to build a relationship with your bosses. While working you are required to be in zoom meetings during your scheduled shift along with your fellow coworkers. I like it because you can build relationships with your team members even though you don’t physically get to work together. Most team members are very nice and welcoming to new trainees. Training can seem intense but if you take good notes and ask a lot of questions it will help. You also meet with a Guide so they can help improve your calls and answer any questions. I have enjoyed my time working with Apollo so far and would recommend this company to my friends and family.
Pros
Nice team members, work from comfort of your own home
I've been with Apollo for approximately 2 and a half months now and I have enjoyed each moment working here. It offers a base salary much higher than what many other similar jobs offer, a very friendly and casual work enviornment, 3 weeks of basic training and a 3 month training period to ensure you're doing well at your job, not to mention biweekly pay with bonuses that are applied every pay cycle and every month.Apollo makes working from home very comfortable and a welcoming experience for anyone beginning their first remote job. The shifts last typically between 3-5 hours with breaks ranging from 30 minutes to 3 hours (depending on the schedule). While the schedule does change weekly, you are notified a week in advance of what your schedule will look like, and based on your personal needs you can request work starting as early as 6AM and ending as late as 10PM. The workflow and method of work is easily facilitated and learned within the first 3 weeks of training, with additional guide and training sessions planned out periodically over the course of your stay with Apollo. Both the trainer and the guides are incredibly helpful in providing refreshers, tips, and suggestions for improving your overall performance within the company.Needless to say, I am very satisfied with my job, and I am excited to continue working with Apollo for the forseeable future.
Pros
Adjustable Hours, Short Shifts With Plenty Of Break Time, High Base Pay + Bonuses, Work-From-Home Exclusivity, Friendly and Dependable Co-Workers
Cons
Weekly Changes To Schedule, Required Office Applicanes Needed To Initiate Job (Double Monitors, Mid to High End PC/Laptop)
We've all been through listing after listing of work from home jobs that offer low wages, stressful working conditions, or are just flat-out scams.Apollo Answering Service is NOT that kind of company. Management at Apollo is transparent every step of the way - they even bring in an employee during your interview to show you exactly what the work is like! They are thorough with interviews to help you see if you are right for them and if they are right for you. Upon being hired, you will undergo three weeks of comprehensive training learning software, procedure, how to handle a plethora of situations and clients, and your coworkers and history of Apollo. They make sure you are well prepared to handle all of your job responsibilities. You get to know your team members from day one and are exposed to an environment that, while focused on giving A+ client service, is also very relaxed and NEVER expects more than what is necessary.During my time at Apollo I was shown nothing less than the utmost professionalism from start to finish. I have the deepest respect for those who are leading the way at Apollo. If you are a Reliable, Respectful, and Cheerful employee looking for a company that offers the highest standards while working from home, then please give Apollo Answering Service serious consideration. You will get out of working here every ounce that you give.
Pros
Thorough training, Understanding Leads, Extremely welcoming atmosphere, Professional environment, Hard working Coworkers, Family owned
Perfect job if you are looking to work from the comfort of your own home. Everything is strictly done from home including training. You do need to have a dedicated work space free from outside noise and distractions as you are getting live calls. The biggest plus to this work from home job is there is no sales involved you are strictly working as a "virtual receptionist" answering calls for various types of companies, no selling involved which is what lead me towards applying to this company. Small family owned business and a small team of coworkers. If you are looking to get some income while working from home this is the perfect job. Can be hard to get a shift covered if something comes up and you are already scheduled to work, but some people will take the extra hours if they can.
Pros
work only from home
The thing i love the most is working in my pajamas and being able to eat at home. No commuting an hour away or having to get ready before work. I also love the my bosses, they really care about each of us and try their best to make work a more pleasant one. When i say work from home, it doesn't mean you can go around the house and do what you like, no, you really need to be at your desk at all times and be working when calls come in. There is a lot of constructive feedback and they will take the time to train you and work with you at your pace (training is a month and after that you get a mentor to help with questions that you may have). This is a great place work and you really get to bond with your bosses unlike other jobs. Once a year they host a company party so we can all meet in person.
This is a great work from home job. Management was very supportive and available to help you succeed. They have a great system of recognition that includes props, compliments, and bonuses. You are always in touch with your coworkers through camera and Slack, their employee interaction application and every employee is assigned a guide that they meet with each week to help you. It's a great set up. Working full time from home turned out to be not for me, but if you like working from home, this is a great company to work for.
Pros
Work from home (if you like working from home), great management. Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Scheduling variances with no set days off.
Pros Work from home, Flexible hours, Nice co-workers, Great management team, benefits, Paid holidays, Nice training program Cons: Irregular weekly schedule
Team lead is unprofessional. Other leads under her are very helpful. Once the schedule is made it can be difficult to change or switch shifts. Only a couple of people will trade with you. Management is very uncaring about medical issues that could arise in a moments notice. It is a fun place to work because the callers can be fun to talk to. If you know your job and can show empathy to help them they seem to be very responsive. All you do is take a message in 1 min or less.
Pros
Fully remote, Once a year company meet up is fun
Cons
Not much flexibility and every thing is misspelled
This job provided excellent detailed training, online in my home. The entire application and interview process was also done online- never had to leave my home! The management is very caring and meets with employees regularly on a one on one basis. I appreciate seeing other employees working with me via camera as I can get to know them better and don't feel like I'm working alone. Plus the other employees are very helpful, just a question away if I need any assistance. There is a lot to learn and seems like I'm always learning, but this prevents boredom. I also appreciate that it is a small family owned business.
This company requires you to be on webcam at all times. They will tell you this is not to watch you, but don't believe that. They want to see your FACE at all times. It's like micro managing remotely. I really didn't know how crazy this was until I experience it for myself. I have never been watched on camera like that in several years of working from home. The system they use is also very tedious and such a cluster. It's like an old DOS system, learning all kinds of shortcut keys (you will be memorizing these) to get around in the system. There are buttons at the top of the screen but you are not allowed to use these. You have to use the short cut keys, and here are at least 20 different ones, if not more. We got to meet a 'team lead' as well. This really was the most unprofessional meeting of a 'leader' I have ever had. She never addressed any of us new people, in fact she really didn't say much at all. Just went back and forth with management in a conversation that had nothing to do with welcoming the new people, introducing herself, letting us know that she was there for us if we needed anything, nothing. I really got a bad gut feeling about this person from the very start. I would not recommend working for this company. More cons than pros. The only pro is being able to work from home, but remember Big Brother is watching you.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Being watched by webcam and poor leadership
April 13, 2019
We do require everyone to be on camera while at work, and we do want to see your face. What is the point of being on camera if we can't see you smile, or frown? We don't want to see your eyebrows, or your hairline, we want to see you! We know remote work can feel isolating and believe strongly in making real connections with each other. This is also why we have company events, remotely and in person. We want to build connections with each other. The software we use for answering calls is antiquated, but it still gets the job done. We are in the process of upgrading to something people may feel more comfortable with, as the interface will be more familiar. However, we will continue to use function keys as short cuts to perform tasks inside the software. Using screen buttons takes to much time and impacts the caller experience negatively (but we programmed a few to be on the screen in case you get stuck).We are a small business and believe in building connections with each other. Often when we meet new team members, we show our casual environment and our close connections. If you are looking for a very large company where no one knows who you are, this is not the place for you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apollo Answering Service?
I love the management team, co-workers and the job itself. I get to work from home and yes we do get to wear our pj's. I like being on camera with my co-workers and management team because I don't feel like I am working by myself plus I get to see them when they are smiling or laughing because of something silly going on. Management is the best and very professional. They make you feel like you are more like family instead of an employee. I have never had a boss ask me how I was doing and really meant it or want to work with you anyway they can to make your personal life good. We are the receptionist basically for a variety of companies, which is great because we are busy and you don't get bored answering calls for one company all the time.
Pros
Awesome management & co-workers, work from home, no more commute or expensive clothes/uniforms to buy.
Great job. You can absolutely wear pajamas to work everyday! Work attire with this company is pretty much anything you want to wear as long as it includes a top and bottom. Very easy place to work once you get a hang of the keyboard shortcuts and information about it's extensive list of clients. Everyone is very easy to get along with, especially management. Management treats you really well and really tries to work with you on your needs and schedule as best they can, which is all I could ask for. Also, it's not all just work and no play. You can pretty much talk about whatever you want with your fellow employees on the specified chat channel. Very relaxed atmosphere. Management also arranges play dates and trips for the employees! And, if you don't live in the area, they will actually reimburse you for travel! Definitely a place I'd recommend to others that live in the Texas area!
Pros
Management, co-workers, schedule
Cons
Not many
Work in your pajamas? I think not. This phone job requires everyone to be on camera during their shift. So you might as well be at an office because every move you make, every breath you take is being filmed. This is great for them to make sure you are on task and doing your work but you still feel like you can't be home comfy if you're going to be on camera. It is back to back calls-and if they call just to find out if a location is open you still have to take down ALL of their information in order for the company to get paid for the call. Imagine calling Wal-Mart to find out if they are open and you get asked for your address, email, phone number, name etc. You would probably hang up. They are also very strict on attendance and overall call center jobs are being tied to a computer all day.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything else
April 13, 2019
We have a casual dress environment. You can definitely wear pajamas if you feel comfortable working with them. As long as your body is clothed and covered, you can pretty much wear anything you would like! Some people like to get dressed up for work like they would if they went into an office, other people like to keep it ultra casual and do wear pajamas. Most of us usually fall somewhere in the middle. At work, we are on camera. Remote work is isolating. Seeing each other helps to build stronger connections. We can see when each person smiles or when someone is feeling frustrated and everything in between. We also hold remote hang out's where we can all meet up and just chit chat, or discuss a selected topic. In addition to in-person events for family and friends as well. Events help us further our connection with each other. The work we do is fast-paced, and there is not a lot of downtime. Most of your time at work will be spent on the phone, helping people solve problems. We do document the calls, so our client can see all the wonderful work we have done for them.We do not work with Wal-Mart, or any other similar retail clients. We mostly work with Doctors, Lawyers, Plumbers, Electricians, Oil & Gas, Shipping, Manufacturing. These clients need to know when and why people are calling. When someone calls and asks for a fax number or an address we ask that you say "who's calling please" and then answer their question, import the caller ID and then type in the message "Gave caller fax number," it is really that simple. Yes, we do have a strict attendance policy. - more...
I love the company/ love working from home.. The ability to be at home with my family and still work. Your hours are broken up in the day so you have time to rest.
It was really great to work for at a place that actually cared about their employees. I would have stayed but I have some personal issues that prevent me from working. I am thinking about reapplying when my situation changes. I really liked that I could work from home and talking to people on the phone.
Pros
Benefits, work from home, great managers
Cons
Shift work, difficult callers, strict attendance policies
September 2, 2019
We are thrilled, you enjoyed working with us! It is really fantastic to see that our employees know we care about them. We actively seek out feedback, through one on one meetings, and ongoing surveys. Plus we take action on this information. If we see an opportunity for improvement, we try it. It doesn't always work, but other times the new idea really knocks things out of the park! We often re-hire former employees as long as they leave giving proper notice.
A typical day of work consisted of answering the phone and correcting information that was given incorrectly. Horrible work ethics and there was no signs that anything would get better or change.
Pros
Cons
everything
April 13, 2019
We do spend most of the day on the phone. If being on the phone isn't something you enjoy then we will not be a good fit together. Representing hundreds of different businesses can be challenging. In addition to the clients themselves changing personnel and their instructions. Information does have to be updated, and clarified, it is part of the work we do, but it is not all we do. Apollo has three very clear values; Cheerful, Respect & Reliable. I'm sorry that you had that experience. We are constantly innovating and improving.
Apollo answering service was a small company, but I enjoyed working for the company It was very fast paced and kept you busy with taking the various incoming calls and dispatching.