Apollo Answering Service Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Just forewarned...
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2019
This company requires you to be on webcam at all times. They will tell you this is not to watch you, but don't believe that. They want to see your FACE at all times. It's like micro managing remotely. I really didn't know how crazy this was until I experience it for myself. I have never been watched on camera like that in several years of working from home. The system they use is also very tedious and such a cluster. It's like an old DOS system, learning all kinds of shortcut keys (you will be memorizing these) to get around in the system. There are buttons at the top of the screen but you are not allowed to use these. You have to use the short cut keys, and here are at least 20 different ones, if not more. We got to meet a 'team lead' as well. This really was the most unprofessional meeting of a 'leader' I have ever had. She never addressed any of us new people, in fact she really didn't say much at all. Just went back and forth with management in a conversation that had nothing to do with welcoming the new people, introducing herself, letting us know that she was there for us if we needed anything, nothing. I really got a bad gut feeling about this person from the very start. I would not recommend working for this company. More cons than pros. The only pro is being able to work from home, but remember Big Brother is watching you.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Being watched by webcam and poor leadership
Great management, awesome co-workers and relaxed atmosphere
Virtual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I love the management team, co-workers and the job itself. I get to work from home and yes we do get to wear our pj's. I like being on camera with my co-workers and management team because I don't feel like I am working by myself plus I get to see them when they are smiling or laughing because of something silly going on. Management is the best and very professional. They make you feel like you are more like family instead of an employee. I have never had a boss ask me how I was doing and really meant it or want to work with you anyway they can to make your personal life good. We are the receptionist basically for a variety of companies, which is great because we are busy and you don't get bored answering calls for one company all the time.
Pros
Awesome management & co-workers, work from home, no more commute or expensive clothes/uniforms to buy.
Working From Home is not the dream
Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 7, 2018
Work in your pajamas? I think not. This phone job requires everyone to be on camera during their shift. So you might as well be at an office because every move you make, every breath you take is being filmed. This is great for them to make sure you are on task and doing your work but you still feel like you can't be home comfy if you're going to be on camera.
It is back to back calls-and if they call just to find out if a location is open you still have to take down ALL of their information in order for the company to get paid for the call. Imagine calling Wal-Mart to find out if they are open and you get asked for your address, email, phone number, name etc. You would probably hang up.
They are also very strict on attendance and overall call center jobs are being tied to a computer all day.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything else
Easy going/ family own company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
I love the company/ love working from home.. The ability to be at home with my family and still work. Your hours are broken up in the day so you have time to rest.
Great growing place to work
Telephone Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
It was really great to work for at a place that actually cared about their employees. I would have stayed but I have some personal issues that prevent me from working. I am thinking about reapplying when my situation changes. I really liked that I could work from home and talking to people on the phone.
Pros
Benefits, work from home, great managers
Cons
Shift work, difficult callers, strict attendance policies
Horrible place to work.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of answering the phone and correcting information that was given incorrectly. Horrible work ethics and there was no signs that anything would get better or change.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great atmosphere
Telephone operator/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2015
Apollo answering service was a small company, but I enjoyed working for the company It was very fast paced and kept you busy with taking the various incoming calls and dispatching.