Apollo Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2017
Enjoyed working there for nearly 20 years. I was able to make some great and lasting relationships while there. It all fell apart when the corporate mentality took over and it was decided that outsourcing my position was best.
it was mediocre
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2017
The opportunity seemd to be the right fit at first hoever, it is my opinion that a for profit school will be hard to keep strict ethics when they are concerned about the bottom line versus the educational piece.
Good
AC (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2017
The company is going through several changes due to a recent sale, so expect lots of new training. Managers are lifers and act as such, now scared they may lose there jobs to outsourcing.
Working for University of Phoenix
Adjunct Associate Faculty - University of Phoenix (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
Since the drastic drop in student enrollment the university is struggling to become stable. This instability has impacted the job security of adjunct faculty.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Reduction of teaching contracts
Productive work environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
Most of the day is spent working on the computer. They spend a lot of time training staff members and they pay well. The hardest part of the job can be meeting productivity.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Company Summary
Buyer II/Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2017
Overall, I am not impressed with the company culture, although, it has been some time since I have worked there and many things have changed over the years.
Disorganized
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2017
System challenges are the organizations weakest point. Improvements for the financial department to better service the students and internal customers. At this time there are long waiting periods for financial information to be resolved. This has caused a lot of dissatisfaction to the students.
Pros
Job security
Cons
system challenges
Fun
Sr. Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Awesome place to work, a company that believes in diverse workforce and ensure that employee are part and parcel of its profit sharing.

Customer satisfaction is a must.
Enjoyed my time working there
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2017
I owe so much to Apollo Group. I started out at an entry level position answering phones and worked my way up to a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer. Along the way, I made a tremendous number of good friends who I still keep in touch with 5 years after leaving the company. The best part about working there was the teamwork and comradery. The worst part was the politics and power struggles at executive and senior levels.
Pros
Amazing people, strong teams, work/life balance
Cons
Highly Political
Started great, ended not so well
Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2016
Apollo used to be a great place to work, unfortunately the leadership focused more on the executive level initiatives as opposed to taking care of the ground level, revenue generating initiatives.
It's okay
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2016
Although it's nice to teach here, but the lack of curriculum writing can be frustrating. It seems more like a check list instead of facilitation or teaching.
Easy job and good pay but no room for advancement.
Senior Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
There was no room for advancement and the day to day tasks got to be really monotonous. A lot of the students were difficult to work with as well.
Pros
Good pay, easy job.
Cons
Upper level management is awful and there is no room for growth.
Great Culture and Ethics
Business Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 30, 2015
Loved working for this company it was the most awesome and life changing Experience. Truly a company to promote you to the next level, challenge you to change with change.
Pros
Very competitive Salary beautiful work Environment.
Cons
Wish I could have been there for ever.
Apollo Education Group Inc - University of Phoenix
Contact Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
Apollo used to be a great place to work. I started there in 2008 and my employment ended in 2015. I held four different positions while there and while it is easy to be moved from department to department you have to be in the good 'ole boys network to do so. Apollo used to show their employees that they cared and would do their best to motivate you; however, over the years the morale has exponentially declined.
Depends on Division and manager
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
Excellent Benefits Package. Hardest part of job-Insecure work environment with quarterly lay-offs. Management in each team determines the work environment. Enjoyable part of job-In my particular division, jeans were allowed everyday. Team builders
Great Place - Great Benefits
Senior Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2015
Worked there for almost 10 years and really liked it. Great benefits and the management staff I reported to was great! I will miss working there.
Fun and family like work place with supportive management
Disbursement/Refund Officer/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzOctober 3, 2015
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Apollo group
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive middle management. Care about personal growth and development. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
great cafe
Competitive Pay
Financial Aid/Disbursement Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2015
Working at Apollo Group has opened many doors to success. Being apart of this team enables skills and impacts in everyday life.
Pros
Pay, Schedule, Growth
Cons
Location, job security
This was a new position that had little guidance
Corporate Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
This was a new position that had little guidance. It was fun to work with my superiors to develop job tools and procedures for future training and job definition. This was a great position that encouraged creativity and free thinking. I really felt like I was a part of something great in this position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss