Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the best company to work for.
Merchandiser Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 18, 2018
They are not the best company to work for. The management system does not build a stronger workforce, but they debuilitate the workers chances for success.
Pros
They hire lots of people
Cons
The workers get burnt out, and don't stay.
It was a good way to make a living.
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Throughout the United States.July 17, 2018
I had great supervisors and co workers. We all worked very well together as a team. I enjoyed my time with the company but I moved on for a higher rate of pay elsewhere. It's been a few years since I worked for Apollo so all of the information I've provided is what I can remember.
Pros
Hotel Accommodations.
Cons
None.
Great Worklife/Balance!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
I've been with the company for over a year. There have been so many changes for the better and I feel that my work doesn't go unnoticed. There's a great culture here: potlucks, bbs, yoga, corn hole games, ice cream socials, etc. Overall really happy with the company and the people here.
Pros
cultural events, wellness events, Pto
Cons
far drive from home
Market Specalist / Trainer
Trainer/Marrket Specalist (Former Employee) –  UPstate SCJuly 8, 2018
20 plus years while company was bought and sold. salary went down. Management terrible ! treated like you owe company something never in trouble always completed work given always on time. Treated like I was worlds worst person.
great place to work
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  travelingJune 19, 2018
Great pay, and great work if your willing to learn and willing to work you will do just fine and opportunities to move up if you want it you just have to reach for it
Excellent Place to work
Storage Building installer/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2018
There was a lot of traveling love the job.This job was like a money train when I worked there until management realized how much I was getting paid on average $326 a hr. to assemble storage sheds two months later I was fired.
Pros
excellent pay traveling
Awsome
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2018
Great work environment. Beautiful management coordination. Everyone seemed to enjoy being there. training provide as needed to ensure that work procedure was accomplished.
Unorganized
MERCHANDISER, SAS MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 21, 2018
The scheduling was unorganized and often times the teams were understaffed. I found myself working from early morning to late night, just to complete my work.
Great Part Time Work, Lots of Driving
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 9, 2018
I liked this job because I could dress however I wanted and worked on my own schedule. I had plenty of experience going in so the job was easy to do. The only things I didn't like where that the hours were so scarce and I had to do a lot of out of town driving, which the paycheck didn't really make up for.
Pros
Easy work, open schedule, no dress code
Cons
Lots of driving, few hours
Good work, but lack of work provided.
Remote market specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 28, 2018
Worked for this company more than 10 years, has been 3 different companies since than. Over 10 different managers and schedulers. From the beginning it was remarkably busy and exciting. Over the years the work has slowed down, management is less responsive, stores have retired there contracts, which has lead to less or no work at all. Love this job, but need more work and hrs.
Pros
Rental car/hotels paid, mileage and time pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of work

Want to know more about Apollo Retail Specialists?

Ask a question
Great Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2018
Apollo is a great company to work for. The culture is very enjoyable and it is easy to come to work everyday. The company has a social committee that will plan special events such as birthday breakfasts, holiday events and food trucks. I have learned so much at this company from my fellow co-workers. It is a team effort from start to end through all of the departments.
Great People, Great Culture.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2018
Apollo is a great place to work. From the time I've started, it's grown and grown and grown. We would only have social events that were few and far between. Now in addition to the holiday events, Apollo has created a social committee so they do movie screenings, bring in food trucks, we just got a keurig for the office (we have to bring in our own coffee pods, but it's still a nice gesture). The work environment is laid back. If you stay away from the office drama queens you'll have a great time working here. I also heard they are starting Wellness Wednesdays so I'm looking forward to seeing what they will roll out for that.
I can't speak for the field employees, but I do know that Apollo is trying to include everyone more through a digital culture they've created on social media with contests and also recognizing the field techs who really stand out with a bimonthly newsletter. They are really trying and doing their best to make better changes.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Company Culture
Cons
Terrible traffic on way to new location
Hectic Workplace
Merchandiser, Electrical Support (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 14, 2018
The schedule was very hectic, always traveling on the road to different states. Making sure that products were in the right area and make sure store managers understand how the merchandise should be displayed.
enjoyed the job, but!!!
SELF EMPLOYED (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2018
Loved the job, but unfortunately I was hired during a buy out and management was being moved and relocated and all this was going on during the Christmas holidays. I was working out in the field and needed management to make a decision and no one was there and I had to leave the job unfinished. I felt forgotten and abandoned by the big wigs. I didn't like that, so I abandoned them.
Pros
the job its self
Cons
management
As good as any part time job
Retail assembler (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2018
If you want part time work, it is as good as any other, you can to a point set your hours as you like, they do as with any company push to get the most out of you.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
Some processes are not always clear
good place to get some experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  SouthMarch 5, 2018
An ok place to get started but after that no so good. This is a fast paced job which leads to poor workmanship and call backs. The FOM and team members are good. Way to many questions on survey when the job is completed, some are asked 3 times in different ways.
Pros
Team work and manger
Cons
Poor pay, poor training on new projects, the videos only help a little. Poor hotel choices when you travel, very low perdiem for food
It is a great job to have.
Remodeler (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2018
It is an awesome job. The traveling is amazing. You get to see a lot of new things and new places. The people are great to work with. You will meet a lot of cool people.
A really exciting job. Never boring
Merchandising Field Rep (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 2, 2018
The company is currently merging with several other companies that they had bought out. So there is much confusion and the Field Reps don't get any information. My first manager here was very impressive, he communicated well and seemed to really care for his employees. The second manager I had did a horrible job. There was no communication and we ran out of work and she wouldn't just tell me. She kept stringing me along. Now I have another new manger, so we shall see. But over all I love this job and the company is about par for corporate America
Pros
Self guided, no boss breathing down your neck, pay is good, travel was fun
Cons
they hire part time but work you full time. (Thanks Obamacare)
Learning experience great job!
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Great company would work there again..Managment was great no complaintes there. It was a learning experience and once again overall great job. Would return again.
Fast Paced, sense of accomplishment
Reset Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 23, 2018
Full reset job:
Knew what was expected of me, per daily review with supervisor and local store management.
Gained new experience in fixture assembly.
Management was supportive, and concise.
Good vibe, liked knowing what was expected of me.
Difficult to locate and obtain needed fixture items, at store level.
Enjoyed working within a team, and placed on individual tasks.
Pros
Good teamwork