Apollo Retail Specialists
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Apollo Retail Specialists insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Not many hours given

The work is good and fast paced. Everybody is helpful and willing to teach you. But lack of projects give you very minimum hours per week. Travel is required if your wanting more hours..

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Lack of hours

October 11, 2021
Thank you for your rating of our company. It is unfortunate that we cannot guarantee work in your area after a project is finished. We are working hard at acquiring more and more projects daily. Also have you tried emailing marketing@apolloretail.com to see if you can take work from other divisions? Please do! We try to leave no stone unturned.

Okay as a Temp Job

This job is okay as a temporary job, not long-term. They give you your assignment on short-notice and leave out details about your work assignment. There isn't a whole lot of support. Co-workers make the job tolerable.

Easy job

Easy and you meet a few good people along the way but the leads for the most part do not care about you. But have no problem wanting you to care and have sympathy for them.

Pros

Travel

Cons

No growth

October 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had while working with us. We do care for our employees greatly. We take your concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to speak with you and get a better understanding of the situation. Please reach out to HR@apolloretail.com so we can work through these concerns.

Unprofessional company

Please do research before working for Apollo. You'll end up filing wage claims just to get what you're owed,and pay dates are constantly pushed back. If you say anything negative publicly about them,they will harass you over it.

Pros

Cons

The entire company is a con.

Productive, high pace, high energy, never a dull moment

Enjoy working with different people each day. The managers are great communicators and receptive to all issues. I am able to work flexible schedules.

Pros

Teamwork, Relaxed Culture, lots of all day resets (full day work)

Cons

challenges of new hires in current work environment

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Do not work here unless you have no other alternative

The company only cares about the bottom line. Management cares about numbers and no matter how well you perform. Teamwork is nonexistent and if working with others everyone looks out for themselves your a one-person army.

September 14, 2021

Lacks proper training, pay is laughable.

I enjoy the work this company offers but would enjoy it even more If there was any real training. The company seems to rely on employees with little or no knowledge to train new employees. You will put thousands of miles on your own vehicle.The .25¢ they pay for milage doesn't come close to covering fuel, depreciation, and the oil change every 3 to 4 weeks. Your pay check will often leave out travel pay. Never assume you are paid correctly.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Incompetent management. Pay does not reflect the hours.

Simple

Sweet I don’t know what else I could say besides it’s a great flexible place to work at honestly I’d recommend to anyone who has a car and doesn’t want to worry about paying rent but be sure you’re either single or don’t have kids at least, then this job would be considered perfect for you

October 11, 2021
Thank you so much for providing such great feedback. We’re truly grateful that you took the time to send our such positive vibes.

Good workplace but some projects have poor management

It is a project based job doing retail reset merchandising where you do store resets. A lot of the time you are waiting on an email showing what projects are available, when you do get a project its generally a semi-decent drive with minimal pay and management at the projects can sometimes be uptight and "in it for the money"

Ok job if you need it

if you need the money then go for it. It is a job not a career. It will help you get the experience that you need in order to have experience on your resume. Not horrible, however, not long term.

Pros

Lunch breaks

Cons

Compensation

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to be able to work with you at some point in the future if the opportunity arises!

Never dull or boring

I absolutely LOVE my job with Apollo! I’m a very organized and meticulous person in my every day life, as well as being a perfectionist; so this job fits me to a tee. I also love the feeling I get from taking a dirty, dusty, disorganized, old, and tired cosmetics aisle to one that’s clean, organized, refreshed, stocked, and front faced to absolute perfection! I even enjoy the remodels and new store set-ups that require a great deal more of physical activity. Customers frequently stop by while shopping and express to me what a tedious and great job I’m doing; and that they think it’s beautiful; and that they appreciate and respect what I do. One customer even told me that I was a worrier for God and sent to that particular store to do His work. She said, “you never know what a person is going through” and my “conversation, smile, and assistance would brighten anyone’s day”. Although being a Team Lead for Apollo can be stressful, I really enjoy that aspect of my job as well. I like the added responsibility and the opportunity to teach and train others.

Pros

Paid drive time, mileage, per diem, company shirts; availability of DM and other management; flexibility; travel and meeting new people

Cons

No additional pay for being a leader and training others (assuming the role of Team Lead), inability to have parts orders sent to yourself so you can locate them on return visits, somewhat lengthy and time consuming reporting for Team Leads, being short staffed and having to stay longer than scheduled hours (or even additional days), etc

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're so happy you're a part of our team. We will pass all your comments to hire ups. Thanks for the input.

Excellent Employer

There is never a dull moment at Apollo Retail. There is plenty of work to keep you on your toes, with certain months being busier than others. Suggestions for ways to better things are valued and listened to, and they're always looking for ways to grow. Merchandisers who want to work and are willing to travel, can stay busy. Those that will only travel 5-10 miles are the ones who find they have less work.

Pros

Co-workers, stability

Cons

High cost of benefits

July 22, 2021

The company was very cheap.

the company wanted you to travel but the put you in terrible hotels and most the time not even close to the work site. The people leading the jobs most of the time had no idea how to do it or manager a crew of people. The company would hire anyone even if they had no idea how to perform task.

Pros

got to travel

Cons

The people in charge of the jobs were not good managers or leaders

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We will pass all your comments to hire ups. Thanks for the input and we're sorry you had a less than pleasant experience with us.

Good opportunity Not The Best Higher Ups

Its a cool experience to travel and have it paid for but a lot of times work is very unorganized and the higher ups are very inconsiderate and rude, but other than that its overall a job that can help you save and travel through different states.

Pros

Per diem, decent pay, lodging paid for

Cons

Inconsiderate, pay changes

Negative work place

Very frustrating. Everybody just ends up getting mad and yelling at eachother. Management from Walmart that you’re remodeling treats you like you’re beneath them and incompetent of retaining any instructions given from them. If you miss a day for whatever reason you’ll get a call and possibly written up. They pay for your hotel but sometimes you have to travel up to an hour for work but won’t be compensated for gas or tolls you have to pay. They pay for your travel when you first get the job to get there and when the project is over to get back home. If you have no other options in life and need quick money every week then this is the job for you. They hire literally anybody

Pros

Travel pay (sometimes ) paycheck every week, free hotel room

Cons

Higher ups are terrible

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're so happy you're a part of our team. We will pass all your comments to hire ups, however, we'd love to hear from you directly to resolve these issues as we take your concerns seriously. Please email hr@apolloretail.com with your concerns.

Great job!

Great people to work for! Management is good about helping with learning new things. I like that I can choose the jobs I want to work. The pay is better than most jobs.

Pros

Fun learning experience.

Cons

Wish they had more local jobs.

Great fast pace work and travel

Pretty simple work. You need basic tools for assembly of furniture and other items. Independent work flow unless the job requires more hands on deck. No office setting but you work with the public and individuals around your tasks.

Pros

Great compensation, work with public, fast paced

Cons

Short breaks, travel, computer reporting

July 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us - we sincerely appreciate your response :D

July 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us ! We're so happy you're a part of our team :D

It was ok

Just different. It wasn’t great culture. Did not seem as if there was an opportunity to be able to move up in the organization. The job was easy and not difficult.

Pros

Lunch breaks

Cons

Culture. Environment

July 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us ! Can you email us to let us know how we can improve our environment for future employees? Your feedback would be great.

Satisfying and rewarding

I feel supported and recieve recognition for my efforts and hard work. I enjoy traveling and the challenges involved in my line of work. You reap what you sow with this job.

Pros

Support and pay

Cons

When youre good at what you do youll get alot of work that will keep you from home

July 6, 2021

Part-time, fits with a busy schedule

- part-time schedule makes it easy to fit it in between drop off / pick up the kids from school. - Managers are easy to work with. They are not local so they will not meet you in person, but they will reach out via phone, email, and occasional have team meetings. - When training is done you know what is expected of you. As long as you are doing what is expected there is no micromanaging of you at your work. - Flexibility, most of the positions have a flexible start time. You have set hours to fill, meaning you need to work a certain amount of hours that day but start time can be on your terms at certain jobs.- The job I do involves setting planogram and cleaning furniture. Organizing the furniture showroom at Office Depot Stores.

Pros

Work on your own, part-time, doing the type of work that I love

Cons

Trace, some stores are spaced out further than I like to trace too, however they do pay mileage and drive time

July 6, 2021

Apollo Retail is flexible.

This is a great job they are very flexible in sending you to the closest location to you. Management is also more than reachable and more than willing to answer and questions.

Pros

Free hotel, and extra $20 a day for food, pay for mileage

Cons

Not too many cons apart from being away from home sometimes a long period of time.

July 6, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.0Personal Development
1.0Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight