ApolloMD logo

ApolloMD Employee Reviews for Emergency Medicine Physician

ApolloMD insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

Job insecurity

They lost the contract at our hospital within 2 years of obtaining it. New management cut existing hours. Overall though they are supportive of mid-levels

A great place to start and continue to grow

I started my career in Emergency Medicine with ApolloMD and it has been a great organization to work with over the years. There have been bumps in the road, but in the end, I always feel like they provider's best interest at heart. The ED I work in has a very collaborative culture between the physicians, PA/NP, and nursing staff. The pay is very competitive for the market I work in and there is bonus potential every month.

Pros

flexible scheduling, competitive pay, leadership oportunities

Cons

CME stipend could be more competitive

Great company, very positive experience

I have worked for ApolloMD as an emergency physician for several years. They have always been responsive to my needs and paid me competitively, timely and accurately. The scheduling has been fair and equitably and great effort has been given to accommodate my schedule requests and preferences. When I have had questions, someone from Apollo has been readily available to answer them. My contract is easy to understand and does not contain non-compete clauses. I have had a very positive experience working for Apollo.

Pros

Professional, responsive, provider friendly

Official response from ApolloMD

August 30, 2017
We appreciate your positive feedback! We are glad to hear about your positive experience as an ApolloMD physician. We are continually reviewing the practices of our corporate operations teams and providing ongoing training to ensure we are successfully meeting the needs of our physicians. Your feedback will serve as guidance for us to focus on continuing to improve in this area. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Worst company ever

I have never met the person who wrote the march 22, 2016 review but it is spot on - i could have written it word for word. This company is all about the numbers. And you are treated like a number. I am not one to constantly want acknowledgement or appreciation but in the 2 1/2 years of working there, i never received a "good job" or "good catch on that diagnosis" or "thanks for what you do." You are a number in the machine and that is all. There is no sense of team, no comraderie between the docs and the midlevels because the way that the machine is set up, there is hardly any interaction between the two. Two years ago there was talk about productivity bonus but that never materialized - when asked about it, corporate said it has some 'formula' that was never shared with the employees. You are scheduled to work all shifts and can go from being on night shift to 7am shift with one day in between - no consistency whatsoever. Sometimes they'll schedule you with only 8 hours between shifts - no joke! There is no sick or personal time. If you are sick or have a family emergency it is your responsibility alone to find someone to cover your shift. And if you don't find someone, you have to work. Forget about any opportunity for advancement because there is none. Turnover is about every 2-2 1/2 years - that is the life expectancy of an employee. And you are required to give 90 days notice if you want to leave. So if you want a job to just get the "experience" and then move on, this is probably fine for you.

Pros

Pay is on the higher end of the spectrum for the area

Cons

Poor to no management, no feedback - good or bad, no sense of team, inconsistent schedule, no sick or personal time

Official response from ApolloMD

June 22, 2017
ApolloMD promotes a model of local practice autonomy led by the Medical Directors and Lead Advanced Practice Clinicians, and we strive to provide the administrative support that fosters a positive, productive and rewarding local group culture. To that end, our Medical Directors and Lead APC’s participate in leadership training, leadership conferences, and regional leadership roundtables to share their positive culture building techniques and ideas on how to improve physician-APC relations and communication. We believe strongly in creating bonus compensation for our Advanced Practice Clinicians that rewards them for the broad range of roles they play in our emergency departments. To create a structure that best represents the dynamic nature of APC utilization, the bonuses typically include a blend of productivity, metrics, and patient satisfaction. However, every facility faces unique challenges, so we never approach a bonus structure as “one size fits all.” If a bonus structure is needs to be adjusted to better represent the team’s efforts at a given facility, we are always willing to explore potential alternatives. Our goal is to create a transparent bonus structure that rewards the full scope of our APC’s efforts, and be willing to adjust things quickly if it does not. By the nature of what we must measure, bonus models (blended or not) can be confusing to develop, communicate, and understand. ApolloMD is committed to providing equitable scheduling for all of our providers. In the 24/7/365 demands of emergency medicine, this is an ongoing challenge. We have innovative -

don't do it

promise you one thing and then 5 months later after your credentialing is complete (yes it takes that long!!) you will find yourself working mostly nights. there is a small group of people who work the days shifts and good luck getting them to share the wealth. the pay is good but money isn't everything. you couldn't pay me enough to stay. quit after one month

Leave a review. Help people like you.