Apothecare Employee Reviews

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 10, 2019
This place is run with a dictatorship mentality. There is no chain of command just one boss/owner who likes to belittle his employees to boost his own self-esteem. He only cares about one thing and that is making money off of the back of his employees. Very arrogant,extremely rude, insensitive, and egotistical. A true one of a kind personality. Great place to work if you need a quick go to job while looking for something stable.Very high turnover rate new faces will greet you weekly.
Do not recommend
Data entry pharmacy technician. Cpht (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 3, 2019
Mostly great co-workers. that is the only plus . Stressful, long days. expect to always stay longer than your actual shift. Be prepared to work in a very chaotic atmosphere. There is only 3 paid holidays per year and basically no vacation until one year anniversary, then only 3 days. You will more than likely be talked down to by upper management. Biggest turnover I have ever seen.
July 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. As a growing company, we recognize that there are always areas where we can improve. We have put in place new leadership committed to creating an amazing work environment and a supportive culture here. Respecting and valuing our team members is a top priority, and we will continue working to demonstrate that.

okay place to work at
Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 10, 2019
apothecare is okay but i am soon to graduate so i need full time job and apothecare can’t make that possible for me because they have a bunch of morning staff .
May 21, 2019

Thank you for your review, and congratulations on your accomplishments! We are sorry to hear that our current openings did not align with your desired schedule, but we encourage you to come speak with us in HR to see if we can make something work. Staff development is very important to us, and we would love to continue to help you meet your career goals!

Apothecare in Elizabethtown Kentucky
MTM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 1, 2019
This is a great place to work. All of the employees are very friendly and the management is fantastic. Highly recommended. I really enjoyed working there.
Awful place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Brockton maOctober 17, 2018
The owner is one of the nastiest people I’ve ever met. I only worked there for one year, it was too much stress. You only get three holidays, and you get grief every time you ask to take one of your vacation days. There are no bonuses, and you only get considered for a measly raise if you beg for it. They want you to work overtime, but if you do too much you get yelled at. Someone gets fired once every week or so, or quits because they can’t take it any more. The only plus is that it’s a good start if you’re looking to become a pharmacy tech.
Pros
Pizza on Friday
Cons
Only 3 holidays
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to ensure that our employees feel valued and respected. We are sorry that you did not feel this way. We encourage any staff who do not feel they are valued to share that feedback with HR confidentially. We also respect our employee's time both at and away from work, and encourage anyone feeling their schedule needs adjusting to speak with their supervisor to provide them with a better work/life balance.

productive and balance schedule
Pharmacy Tech/bagger (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 7, 2018
It's a great job but the people at work make it so stressful, not enough team work. some are great people. flexible schedule and HR people really nice
Cons
Break a bit short
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your review! We recognize that providing our services to patients can sometimes result in a stressful work environment. We respect and value your hard work. Thank you for all you do. Feel free to visit with your supervisor if you're schedule needs adjusting to give you a better work/life balance, or if we can offer you any other form of support. Thank you for all you do!

Need Improvement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 12, 2018
From a broader perspective, the company is not bad . However, as for leadership, management, employee appreciation company culture and working environment - regarding the delivery department - that aspect is less encouraging.
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't feel you had the support you needed from your manager that we strive to have. We value and respect all of our great staff, and encourage any staff who do not feel that way to share their feedback confidentially through Human Resources. We are here for you.

lots of community involvement and a good place to workt
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYFebruary 10, 2018
The employees are wonderful. Its not a big pharmacy, but we get the job done. There are wonderful customers, who loves to talk. You must love to talk and listen. Sometimes the customers just want someone to talk to. We fill scripts and deliver to our customers.
Pros
christmas party, healthcare
Cons
na
Unfair rate place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 19, 2018
Could be a good place if the owner wasn’t too full of himself . You’re can be very stressful as you know job is not easy to find. Some employees don’t feel secure.
Pros
Pizza on Friday
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that the services we provide to patients can create a stressful work environment at times. We appreciate all of the hard work that you put into what you do. We encourage you to speak with your supervisor if your schedule needs adjusting to achieve a better work/life balance. We also want all of our staff members to feel valued and respected. Any staff who do not feel secure in their jobs to visit confidentially with Human Resources, or with their supervisor.

It is a bad place to work mangment is bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 27, 2017
Managment bully drivers talks down to employee. They see who they can bully and who the can not
The job is very unprofessional they stand around and gossip
Pros
Work just to make money
Cons
In long run not good place to work.
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As a growing company, we have realized that this is one area which we can improve. Since your review, we have put in place new leadership dedicated to creating a positive culture. Valuing and respecting our employees is a top priority, and we will continue working to demonstrate that.

Owner and management was very unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 11, 2017
overworked underpaid, yelling at your worker in front of others very unprofessional did not want to take ownership of a failing business people not getting medication in a timely manner pharmacist was very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
everything
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As we have grown, we've seen that the this is an area we need to improve. We have placed a new leadership team who are dedicated to creating an amazing culture here. This is a top priority for us, and we will continue striving to ensure our employees feel valued and respected.

Filled scripts in blister packs
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02302December 1, 2017
I learned how to read and fill prescriptions. Management was fair. The culture was adverse. There wasn't really a difficult part to the job. I really didn't enjoy the job that much.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not enough pay
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are glad to hear that you were able to learn and grow with us. Providing competitive compensation and benefits is important to us. Any team members with concerns about their pay or benefits are encouraged to speak with their supervisor or HR to learn what might be available.

Could be better pay
sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Could be better pay for what they have you doing for the job, the management is not very well at all to their employees, but the employees stuck together no matter what.
Horrible- stay away
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2017
One interview in two weeks time then NO communivation about the status of the application. Rude, condescending and unprofessional. Stay away.

No work life balance either and the vacation amount stinks!!!
Staff RPH (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 4, 2017
Long term care pharmacy dispense, deliver medications to group homes and hospice patients. Rphs rotating different work stations daily. There's lots to learn and a place to practice pharmacy
Pros
flexible
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your review! Apothecare is proud to offer an environment where our team members can learn and develop their skills. We are so grateful to our staff that have helped us create this atmosphere. Thank you for all you do!

Best local pharmacy!
Cashier at the Drive (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 12, 2016
I loved waiting on customers at the drive-thru every day. Most of the people were very pleasant and hated to see me leave the company.
Locally owned pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 3, 2016
Phenomenal place to work. Great owners, great co-workers, and a very happy work environment. I loved every second I spent there. Gary and Janice are amazing!
very respectable and caring people
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Meadville, MSFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work. Everyone gets along. Ive been here a year and half and I'm not very happy with the drive. I receive and enter the order. Fill and enter prescriptions.
Pros
very understandable
Cons
long drive
A complete waste of time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 18, 2015
The place is owned and run by a very young egotistical guy. Who wants to make some quick money off of the backs of young high school and college kids. Not for individuals who are trying to raise a family and build a stable future and career.
Pros
Mon-Fri. job 9-5pm
Cons
short lunch breaks, Never leave work on time, minimal pay, lots of favortism towards under dressed women
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have noticed areas such as this in which growth and improvement were needed. Since your review, we have put in place new leadership team members and managers. Valuing and respecting our employees is a top priority, and we will continue making improvements to demonstrate that.

Spent a rewarding thirty-five years at Apothecare Pharmacy.
Co-owner/pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 15, 2015
Owning and working at Apothecare Pharmacy was a wonderful career choice. The work environment was excellent! During the thirty-five years, I worked with many wonderful interns, technicians and fellow pharmacists. In addition, I gained many life-long relationships with physicians and customers.

Apothecare was sold to Eastside Family Pharmacy in Snellville. The owners will continue the same quality care to the customers and physicians that they care for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apothecare. Our community is ready to answer.