Apothecare Employee Reviews in Brockton, MA

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 10, 2019
This place is run with a dictatorship mentality. There is no chain of command just one boss/owner who likes to belittle his employees to boost his own self-esteem. He only cares about one thing and that is making money off of the back of his employees. Very arrogant,extremely rude, insensitive, and egotistical. A true one of a kind personality. Great place to work if you need a quick go to job while looking for something stable.Very high turnover rate new faces will greet you weekly.
Do not recommend
Data entry pharmacy technician. Cpht (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 3, 2019
Mostly great co-workers. that is the only plus . Stressful, long days. expect to always stay longer than your actual shift. Be prepared to work in a very chaotic atmosphere. There is only 3 paid holidays per year and basically no vacation until one year anniversary, then only 3 days. You will more than likely be talked down to by upper management. Biggest turnover I have ever seen.
July 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. As a growing company, we recognize that there are always areas where we can improve. We have put in place new leadership committed to creating an amazing work environment and a supportive culture here. Respecting and valuing our team members is a top priority, and we will continue working to demonstrate that.

Awful place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Brockton maOctober 17, 2018
The owner is one of the nastiest people I’ve ever met. I only worked there for one year, it was too much stress. You only get three holidays, and you get grief every time you ask to take one of your vacation days. There are no bonuses, and you only get considered for a measly raise if you beg for it. They want you to work overtime, but if you do too much you get yelled at. Someone gets fired once every week or so, or quits because they can’t take it any more. The only plus is that it’s a good start if you’re looking to become a pharmacy tech.
Pros
Pizza on Friday
Cons
Only 3 holidays
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to ensure that our employees feel valued and respected. We are sorry that you did not feel this way. We encourage any staff who do not feel they are valued to share that feedback with HR confidentially. We also respect our employee's time both at and away from work, and encourage anyone feeling their schedule needs adjusting to speak with their supervisor to provide them with a better work/life balance.

productive and balance schedule
Pharmacy Tech/bagger (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 7, 2018
It's a great job but the people at work make it so stressful, not enough team work. some are great people. flexible schedule and HR people really nice
Cons
Break a bit short
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your review! We recognize that providing our services to patients can sometimes result in a stressful work environment. We respect and value your hard work. Thank you for all you do. Feel free to visit with your supervisor if you're schedule needs adjusting to give you a better work/life balance, or if we can offer you any other form of support. Thank you for all you do!

Need Improvement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 12, 2018
From a broader perspective, the company is not bad . However, as for leadership, management, employee appreciation company culture and working environment - regarding the delivery department - that aspect is less encouraging.
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't feel you had the support you needed from your manager that we strive to have. We value and respect all of our great staff, and encourage any staff who do not feel that way to share their feedback confidentially through Human Resources. We are here for you.

Unfair rate place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 19, 2018
Could be a good place if the owner wasn’t too full of himself . You’re can be very stressful as you know job is not easy to find. Some employees don’t feel secure.
Pros
Pizza on Friday
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that the services we provide to patients can create a stressful work environment at times. We appreciate all of the hard work that you put into what you do. We encourage you to speak with your supervisor if your schedule needs adjusting to achieve a better work/life balance. We also want all of our staff members to feel valued and respected. Any staff who do not feel secure in their jobs to visit confidentially with Human Resources, or with their supervisor.

It is a bad place to work mangment is bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 27, 2017
Managment bully drivers talks down to employee. They see who they can bully and who the can not
The job is very unprofessional they stand around and gossip
Pros
Work just to make money
Cons
In long run not good place to work.
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As a growing company, we have realized that this is one area which we can improve. Since your review, we have put in place new leadership dedicated to creating a positive culture. Valuing and respecting our employees is a top priority, and we will continue working to demonstrate that.

Owner and management was very unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 11, 2017
overworked underpaid, yelling at your worker in front of others very unprofessional did not want to take ownership of a failing business people not getting medication in a timely manner pharmacist was very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
everything
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As we have grown, we've seen that the this is an area we need to improve. We have placed a new leadership team who are dedicated to creating an amazing culture here. This is a top priority for us, and we will continue striving to ensure our employees feel valued and respected.

Filled scripts in blister packs
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02302December 1, 2017
I learned how to read and fill prescriptions. Management was fair. The culture was adverse. There wasn't really a difficult part to the job. I really didn't enjoy the job that much.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not enough pay
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are glad to hear that you were able to learn and grow with us. Providing competitive compensation and benefits is important to us. Any team members with concerns about their pay or benefits are encouraged to speak with their supervisor or HR to learn what might be available.

Horrible- stay away
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2017
One interview in two weeks time then NO communivation about the status of the application. Rude, condescending and unprofessional. Stay away.

No work life balance either and the vacation amount stinks!!!
Staff RPH (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 4, 2017
Long term care pharmacy dispense, deliver medications to group homes and hospice patients. Rphs rotating different work stations daily. There's lots to learn and a place to practice pharmacy
Pros
flexible
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your review! Apothecare is proud to offer an environment where our team members can learn and develop their skills. We are so grateful to our staff that have helped us create this atmosphere. Thank you for all you do!

A complete waste of time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 18, 2015
The place is owned and run by a very young egotistical guy. Who wants to make some quick money off of the backs of young high school and college kids. Not for individuals who are trying to raise a family and build a stable future and career.
Pros
Mon-Fri. job 9-5pm
Cons
short lunch breaks, Never leave work on time, minimal pay, lots of favortism towards under dressed women
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have noticed areas such as this in which growth and improvement were needed. Since your review, we have put in place new leadership team members and managers. Valuing and respecting our employees is a top priority, and we will continue making improvements to demonstrate that.

easy laid back place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 12, 2014
if you are interested in becoming a pharmacy tech this is a good place to start.
Pros
small company which makes it easier to learn
Cons
not diverse at all
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you experienced an environment of learning and growth while you were with us. That is something that is important to us. We currently have team members from a variety of different backgrounds and walks of life and are very proud of the diverse team that we have.

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton MASeptember 16, 2014
* long-term care facility
* assisted group homes and assisted living facilities
* medication delivery
* knowledgeable management
* great customer service
* team based employees
January 31, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working alongside our team. Our great team members have created a work environment we are proud of.

productive fun place to work.
Pharmacy Technician/ Cashier/ order entry (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 25, 2014
I would get the emergency medications out first then I would gather information for the next patient. These would be daily delivery's. Then you would start on the next pack. These would be weekly packs or just monthly packs. Also it is a retail pharmacy where people would pick up daily medication or order specific items u cannot find in a store.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Short breaks and other co-workers spying on you to see if u went over your break. Which I never did!
April 2, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you had the support from your manager that we strive to have here at Apothecare.

Productive and fun place to work.
Pharmacy Technician/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 23, 2014
I learned allot at each job I was hired to work at. When someone hires me, I give my all 100% because this company hired me and trusts me to do a good job. I learned almost every medication brand/generic name and what it is used for.
Pros
Each job had there pros. Like overtime if I wanted it. Close to where I live
Cons
Some places where more strict then others, like no talking to your co-workers but I like it silent so I can get my work done faster.
November 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you experienced professional growth while you were with us. We strive to create an atmosphere of learning and development at Apothecare so that as we grow, our employees can grow with us.

I love what I do for work, I enjoy helping people
CPhT (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 15, 2013
I work 9-9 3 days a week, 9-5 Tues sometimes 9-1 on Thurs and 1-5 on Sun. I currently work in our group home dept I am in charge of cycle filling the homes, calling insurances with any issues, faxing or calling doctors. Helping my co-workers with issues of prescription processing. schedule deliveries. Right now the hardest part is the manager and owner and how they treat the employees.
May 21, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. As our organization continues to grow and develop, we have noticed areas where we need to improve. We have a new leadership team in place that is dedicated to developing a great culture of value and respect. This is a high priority for us, and we will continue striving to demonstrate that. We are glad that you are enjoying the rewarding nature of the work!

Was a great place to work until the company was bought out.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 2, 2013
Three pharmacists were let go the first week that the company changed hands.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We have grown a lot since the company changed hands. New leadership team members are making the employee experience a top priority for our organization, and we encourage employees who do not feel valued to submit their feedback confedetially through our Human Resources department.