Appalachian Regional Healthcare Employee Review

View all Appalachian Regional Healthcare reviews

A great place to work and serve.
Executive Director, HR and Labor Relations (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYJuly 31, 2013
ARH is a great place to work and serve. It was my privilege to serve in five of ARH's communities for more than 30 years. I have seen the organization grow and prosper and was blessed to help transform its Human Resources and Labor Relations and culture. ARH serves in some of the poorest counties in Central Appalachia and does so with distinction. I am proud to have been blessed with an opportunity to make a difference in this distinguished organization.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
Third party attempts to interfere with healthcare operatons.

Other Appalachian Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews

Low pay, understaffing, weak union
Cook and Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVApril 10, 2019
8 years for a raise causes high turnover rates which is unfair when the CEO makes in a week what I would in a year. Union negotiated a contract that benefited older employees and didn't get a cap on insurance rates.
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, overworked
Overall great place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 10, 2019
If you can find the right combination of co-workers and manager it is a great company to work at. They try to accommodate your needs within your specific job description.
Pros
Most of my coworkers were great!
Cons
Didn't appreciate the office manager and a couple of co-workers setting me up to fail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appalachian Regional Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.