Appirio

Appirio Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Appirio was a great place to work in terms of inclusiveness, diversity, and overall team spirit. However, their expectations of home/work balance definitely favored work, not home.
Often their projects are in the red so the expectation is that you will work as many hours as possible, including weekends, to get them out of the red. I also feel that women are treated differently, I find it very sexist.
Worked for Appirio for over 3 1/2 years. Never received even an annual cost of living increase. After acquisition by Wipro in 2016, Appirio as a company essentially ceased to exist as far as company culture, organization, employee satisfaction, and management. Appirio was a great place to work. Wipro- as a parent company- is absolutely miserable.
Appirio used to be an amazing place to work, but since acquired by Wipro there has been a steady decline. Four CEOs in less than three years, business systems constantly down, can't get support without many escalations, lack of direction, lack of respect for people's time, only care about dollars, etc.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Owned by an offshore company that does not respect or value people
Great Salesforce experience both internally and through Salesforce. I am staying within the Salesforce ecosystem as the as result of my experience and the relationships in which I built.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A great company of innovation. Having the ability to work remote is a plus. The culture was positive and always a joy to engage your colleagues. Good opportunity for growth.
You work for great companies. You'll learn new technologies. But this is not an organization dedicated to developing people regardless of what they might say. This is a Grindhouse designed to maximize billable hours to clients for Global business services and software development.
Appirio is a disrupter - a cloud-only SI services organization that fully embraced a new way of working internally, and evangelized that externally. A perfect balance of office culture in Indy with remote work for Appirians in the field.
One of the best jobs I've had. Solid workplace culture, high growth, lots of opportunities for advancement. I highly recommend working at Appirio. Great people.
Appirio talks highly of their culture and from what I heard it was fantastic. All of that seemed to go away once they were acquired and most of their time is now spent trying to figure out how to get it back. Too much change in the company and employees leave at a staggering rate.
Pros
Good Consulting Tools
Cons
Trying to regain lost time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Appirio?
The company lacks culture, is very unstable and pinching pennies at every chance. Please are quitting daily because of the changes (acquisition) and the company could care less about attrition. They also lack diversity in age and race!
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
Management and Executive Leadership
I traveled non-stop in my time with Appirio and it was a 10% travel job . . I worked 10-16 hour days - as with many tech companies, there was more business than trained folks to manager it.
Pros
People, Training, Environment
Cons
Work Life Balance
Manage teams locally and offshore in India. Manage large technical teams for delivery. Customer engagement and service. Solution architect and business development.
Culture is great, all the way to the CEO. Care for work/life balance. Appreciate and recognize hard work. Advancement opportunities are available. Strong salary and benefits.
they say it's all in the department you're in at Appirio.. the Finance Department is not in-line with the rest of the company.
Pros
free lunches for close
Cons
working around the clock, no process changes
Great company to work for. Best job I've ever had. Smart people. Innovative technologies, worked with people all around the world.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people, unique opportunity
Cons
Company has a great culture that they protect as they grow. A group of very talented people working together in the HCM division.
I learned to manage system application implementations with the Agile approach, also using Google for document storage, video and chat rooms. Managed a team of virtual project managers for several work streams.
Client relations, managing project work streams, managing people, client satisfaction, budgets, supporting sales with work effort estimates.