Apple American Group Employee Reviews

Good Tips, Always have cash on hand
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2019
I worked as a server at Applebees for 2 years. It was a great work environment. Tips were great, especially on weekends, you always had extra cash for gas, groceries, whatever. This is a great job for someone who is in school or needs some extra cash. They hold their employees to high standards and ensure that customers always get the best service. I really liked that.

Shout out to the Mill Plain location in Vancouver WA!
Fun place to work with great management
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 29, 2019
Great peers to work with and for, awesome goals and integrity of management. Goal orientated and accountable team. Long lengthy hours and a lot of changes to drive sales.
Great Company
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 10, 2019
Great Company with excellent leadership, opportunities to grow, takes care of the people. Culture, flexible with hours, work life balance. Excellent benefits.
humble work environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  1922 53rd St, Anderson IN 46013March 7, 2019
It was an overall good experience, and the quality of work allowed for you to transition and you would definitely be able to advance in the workplace, though there would be an order for chain of command
Fast Paced upbeat Environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 22, 2019
FUn andf friendly staff fast paced clean environment safety and customer satisfaction oriented with plenty of dining and social options for friends and family.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short Hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2019
Challenging,and rewarding.culture . Hardest part of job would be Saturday nights. Self preparation with the use of an updated back of house system. Contacting your district leader and receiving a response fast is a plus.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Loss of salary when asked to handle a different store for them.
Productive workplace... But
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 11, 2019
There is muchj to improve on here. The environment from the management before I got deployed was eating away at the morale and willingness for everybody to work.
Pros
Free back of house meal
I Quit!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2018
Absolutely the worse upper management team I ever encountered in my many years of working in the restaurant industry.
These "Area Directors" are a joke, as is the "Regional Clown". Demeaning, degrading morons that like to try the intimidation method of managing. They have NO respect for Managers or hourly employees.
They are terrible people!
They expect you to to work magic to make them look good, unfortunately, nothing is good enough.
One of the most dysfunctional, unprofessional companies still in existence.
Pros
Insurance Benefits
Cons
Horrid Upper Management, rediculous expectations, long hours, very political with obvious favoritism, shown.
sprint then crawl
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAOctober 26, 2018
The applebees i worked in trained me quickly and promoted me twice within my first year with the company, however the communication from upper management on further advancement was inconsistent, dishonest, and slow. I expected the promotion speed to slow even with assurance that my work performance was exceptional. All that aside it was great launch point for management, bar tending, a serving experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
poorly managed
Freedom to make your own money
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNOctober 25, 2018
AAG is very fair overall. Standards and expectations were more than Applebee's but it was to make us better and the plus side is that they gave opportunity and availability to spend the money to make your store better. Profit share bonus structure makes managers run the stores like they own them and really did get that buy in from most managers to try to increase profitability while taking care of our guests. The kickers bonus based on guest survey scores and ect. really keep a nice balance in running a tight budget vs running a reasonable cost/income balance.
Pros
401k, Pto, insurance, profit share, GM outings, Manager outings
N/a
HOST (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 19, 2018
It was a very uncomfortable environment! Unsafe and very unprofessional . The cooks were lazy and the other severs were always arguing and starting drama
typical work day
Carside To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 23, 2018
Work wasn't all that bad, management was great, they were flexible with your schedule. The hardest part of my job was it not being busy enough, I love to work in a fast-paced setting. My favorite part was being able to satisfy the customers need and to receive compliments on how good I was at my job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New England Center, NHAugust 22, 2018
Good place to work, horrible benefits.
Good Management Team, Lower Management rocks, Upper management is so out of the box... tough industry with guest expectations
They never did me wrong
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 21, 2018
I would go back to this company in a heart beat!!! The culture was amazing, and provided a comfortable a work place. The knowledge I gained while employed far exceeded my expectations.
Horrible company.
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2018
Culture was extremely negative. AD's were not present. The politics and nepotism were beyond anything I have ever seen in my many years of experience. Lack of respect for employees and subordinates. NO work/life balance. The typical day was a 10+ hour shift, not enough resources to do the job that needed to be done.
Cons
Okay place to work for fast money
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAJuly 2, 2018
Manager was awful, I was a new mother and breastfeeding. Wouldn’t let me pump in the office that was private seeing as that location didn’t have a break room. Told me to go to the restroom and pump.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Awful management
thanks
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 25, 2018
well i would start off with all the prep for day and night shift then clean up for opening.then i learned alot about food saftey and how you have to be percised with the ingrediants to make it tast the way its suppose to taste.management was ok there was alot of different managers come and go so was alot of inconsistancy but it also was very easy to and for every one to be on the same page.the hardest part of the job was the management part always changeing managers and always different was of doing things funnest part of my job was everyone was always in a good mood and all got a long
Pros
always got hours
Cons
not enough help
Strong Company and nice work/life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 27, 2018
Clear direction and reasonable hours for a restaurant company. Good compensation including salary and bonus program. Upper management always there to help when needed.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Applebee's Hostess (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 14, 2018
Applebee's is a pretty fun place to work, if you enjoy a fast paced work environment. Every day is different and you have to expect the unexpected. I recommend Applebee's to everyone.
Solid Choice, lots of politics
Kitchen and Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 9, 2018
Nothing major to review, its pretty much the same as working for any corporate casual dining chain. Pay is middling, at best, opportunity for advancement is decent due to constant turnover. Don't upset people, one thing about this company is the politics are intense and people don't forget grudges. I have seen several star level employees passed over even with great performance and qualifications for raises or promotions due to a area manager simply not liking something they did or said during a site visit two years ago. The store management is all fine, area directors are pretty much insane.
Pros
Food, steady hours, corporate security
Cons
Politics, no promotion outside store level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple American Group. Our community is ready to answer.