Apple Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 21, 2018
Working here is like any other job, it will be frustrating and stressing. But management definitely needs improvement. Management had unnecessary and unprofessional attitudes. They tell you that you should not need their help much, but then gets irritated when you don't go to them for when you need questions. You then go to them for help, and they tell you that you shouldn't need their help. I learned from here that if you want something to change, you can't just babble to somebody else about it. Make your stand yourself, and then things will change. Because nobody above you will do anything to help you. They claim their workplace culture is about everybody, the employees and members, being a part of the Apple family. But you make one mistake, and they will ruin you for it. It will ruin your complete motivation to work here, and make you realize that they don't care about you as a person. The only thing that is enjoyable about working here, is being able to meet people who share the same frustrations, and being able to connect to them as if they were family.
Needs improvement
Member Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 30, 2018
Overall culture was good but several mangers were inept. Many cases of employees commiting fraud discovered after the fact. Managers lied on performance reviews and favored certain employees over others. Management lied to state employment bureau regarding employee termination. Repeatedly asked to work through lunch to catch up on incoming call volume. Would merge with other credit unions and terminate older (age wise) employees.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Management didn't know what was going on
Excellent place to work
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMarch 14, 2018
Apple FCU is a great employer, I would recommend Apple to everyone. I worked at apple for a little over three years, the co workers become your family.
Busy
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 8, 2018
Must be ready for all types of members, solve problems and understand the products and also be able to work with a team. Overall its a great place to work.
Amazing Place to Work, awesome culture
MSR (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 20, 2018
I love working at Apple!! Its an amazing company that takes care of its employees. They have an awesome culture where they care about their employees and what they think! The only thing i regret is that at the branch you must work Saturdays. I love my members and i love my job. My manager is amazing. Great place to work.
Pros
Awesome Company, Amazing Manager, Great Culture
Cons
Saturdays
Slow paced and Boring
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 15, 2018
There isn't much to do and there's no chance of moving up unless you know someone within the company. I didn't learn much while being at appleFCU. Management isn't properly trained and they hire anyone to be a manager without the proper qualification/skills. Apple is a very diverse place and they have many benefits and events for their employees. The hardest part of the job is getting along with coworkers/leadership because there is a lot of gossip going around. What I really enjoyed while working there were the perks such as the health insurance benefits and they do a lot of training, you do have to push your manager to take the training though.
Pros
Benefits and free breakfast at meetings
Cons
Very unorganized branches and poor management.
Productive and Challenging
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working a Apple. With the initiation of the Servicing Division there was always some new to learn and problems to fixed. I thrive on a Challenge and love to take one on.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Traffic
Good work environment with great customers
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Good working experience for anyone. You will love many things about this job, not only are you working in your own space. You are available to discounts and competing against great people.
AppleFCU great place to work
VP Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Company treats well employees; benefits are excellent; collaborative working environment. Good place to work. Once concern is the large number of projects and lack of well defined project management program.
Pros
benefits and great culture
Cons
workload is too much
fun relaxed working environment
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 27, 2017
not to difficult to pick up. Managment helps guide you along the way and the customers are very nice and understanding. not too many dificulties when working here
AFCU is an "Employer of Choice"
RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 5, 2017
AFCU has made a priority of operating as an Employer of Choice in Northern Virginia. Their dedication to that priority shows in the attitudes of their employees. It's a truly wonderful work environment.
Pros
Apple FCUniversity, great benefits, great pay structure, liberal paid time off, Fair and balanaced management style
Cons
I can't think of a thing.
Exceeds your expectations
MSR I Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 12, 2017
Apple exceeded my expectations, they acknowledge my hard work, it is a family environment, full of opportunities, competitive, and is full exemplary role models.
November 1, 2017

We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations while you were employed at Apple. We value our staff and care about their professional development, well-being, and satisfaction with their work environment. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors!

Some departments may be ok, but be careful
Do not want to say (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 30, 2017
I can't speak for other departments, but the department I was in is awful. The management is incompetent and communication is poor. The company appears to try to be a fun place to work, but there are definitely pockets where it is treacherous.
Pros
Lots of discounts and perks, defined pension plan
Cons
Lots of incompetent managers and poor communications within departments
November 1, 2017

We regret that you have not had a positive working experience at Apple. If you have not communicated your concerns to your direct supervisor, we strongly encourage you to do so. It is our hope and belief that most issues can be resolved at that level. However, if you have attempted to work out your issues and continue to not be satisfied, you should speak with your supervisor's supervisor or the Human Resources department. We are a great place to work and want you to be satisfied with your employment.

Great environment
Helpdesk Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 24, 2017
Apple FCU has a great reputation and I enjoy working here. I have been with Apple for almost 4 years and the employees and members are a couple of things that has motivated me over the years.
November 1, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your working experience at Apple. We hope that you continue to be motivated and that you grow and thrive in your career at the organization.

Productive Fun Workplace, good benefits
MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE III (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work is balancing the ATM's, taking care of member needs, process transactions, processing loans, opening accounts, answering the phone/email, processing buy/sells from vault, creating debit cards and more.

I have learned a lot of the years in finance and being able to read and interpret a credit report.

Management: Apple has the best and worst management I have seen. If you are lucky enough to be under the best, you will succeed. However, if you get the worst you will want to leave.

They culture is very inviting. For the most part people are welcome and willing to help. Like in every company, there are people who will be against you for no reason. However, Apple promotes unity and team work.

Hardest part of the job: seeing good people leave because they were under appreciated.

Most enjoyable: building everlasting relationships with members and employees.
Pros
Happy hours every month, picnics every year, benefits and discounts with certain companies
Cons
No comparable pay for branches, if in small branch hard to advance
November 1, 2017

We are pleased to know that you have grown, developed, and learned so much while being employed at Apple. Attracting and retaining top talent is a strategic priority for the organization and we continually review our programs to ensure that we are competitive. People make decisions to leave companies for a variety of reasons and we wish those who have chosen to leave the best in their future endeavors. Thank you for the feedback and we want to continue to receive it. Please encourage your co-workers and friends to share their experiences with management, so that if applicable, changes can be made to ensure that everyone has a great working environment.

Great Benefits
Loan Servicing Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAJune 14, 2017
Hard to grow unless you have a college degree. Fun and enjoyable. Staff picnics, winter gala, volunteer work, happy hours. Highly recommend if you have a college degree!
Pros
Volunteer Opportunities
Cons
Hard to move up within
November 1, 2017

Since we were founded by teachers, we value higher learning and support staff's pursuit of education at all levels throughout the organization. Our tuition reimbursement program is very generous and can help offset the cost of schooling in the NoVA area. Not all positions require degrees or special certifications. We are pleased to know that you enjoy the Happle Hours, picnics, community involvement opportunities, and Winter Gala. Thank you for the feedback.

Family Environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 24, 2017
You will feel like a family member as soon as you start working for Apple. Headquarters employees will remember your name instantly and always greet you with a smile when you go to training. Back staff are always willing to help front staff. Offer great benefits and fun activities for employees.
Great place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VAMay 2, 2017
The company is great place to work for. Benefits are great, on the job training and tuition reimbursement. There's a lot of internal hiring too. The only negative thing I came across was girls starting rumors about people they don't know. Apart from the immaturity one might encounter from some people, I feel I made life long friends here.
Pros
Benefits, life/work balance, work events, co-workers
This was a volunteer job at my high school when i attended .
Banking-Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 6, 2017
The job was very simple and straightforward. The only hard part about the job is just dealing with difficult transactions that cannot be performed since we were just students at the school operating the bank.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I loved working here. I had great direct management and received a lot of opportunity for growth. We were allowed to have fun and manage our department with freedom to make decisions in the best interest of our team.
Pros
Great department leaders
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight