Apple Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

N/a
Senior System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 4, 2019
Company is not fair to employees, Terminating without any warning is not fair to anyone. I will not recommend anyone to work in this type of place or company.
Loved Apple
Member Service Center Specialist ll (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working for Apple. The problem was being on the phones. If I did something else within the company I probably would have never left. Great people, Great family. All round good company to work for.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Phones
Great place to work with some normal cons
Loan Officer and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Work life balance was great. and my manger was honestly one of the best managers I ever had. She was extremely supportive and I respected her so much. She showed me what it took to be a great manager and I would not be where I am now without her help and support. With that said, upper management and many other middle management personnel need to support their employees more and allow their employees to develop and help in their advancement.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hard to advance
loved my job
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Enjoyed working with the members very much. also the freedom to work independently. mentoring staff was was also a rewarding part of my position. Direct supervisor had a very negative attitude and was often difficult to work with. Reviews were often unfair and required filing disputes with management.
Pros
excellent staff and memb
Cons
difficult manager
This is a great place to start your career
Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 11, 2018
Apple does a very good job of training and mentoring employees. Their benefits are excellent. If you come in at a higher level you are on your own. They expect you to just conform to the culture without any explanation. The upper management have all been with the institution and each other for 25 years.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
Corporate culture revolves around the tight circle of upper management.
Complete opposite treatment - Before and after employment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 7, 2018
When I worked at the organization they kept emphasizing "family". "We are an Apple family." But when I resigned, I felt as if I was disowned and kicked out like a foster child. It was the complete opposite. I was very shocked at the treatment, especially when I left on good terms.
Benefits
Cons
Treatment received after resigning
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAOctober 8, 2018
Had a great time working there. Coworkers were amazing, and so were the members that would walk in to my particular branch. The training department really strives to teach us everything we need to know so that we are fully prepared once we are out on the front lines.
Pros
Nice bonus
Cons
short breaks, not much room for moving up
Great Opportunities
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 3, 2018
A typical day at work requires that you check your emails for any new policies, procedures, alerts, or personal responses so that you are able to keep up with some of the quick changes that occur at the branches. Every branch works as a team to achieve the ultimate goal of helping members improve their financial well being by analyzing each members needs and offering long-term solutions. The best part of the job is being able to see each member smile when they have been offered a great solution that reduces stress and removes a problem for them.
Inexperienced management in commercial lending causing big turnover
Commercial Lending (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 7, 2018
Some of the biggest challenges in commercial lending are very poor communication, poor employee development, harassment, inequality. Inexperience management is causing unnecessary stress on employees causing turnover. Commercial servicing manager's poor communication and absolute lack of people skills make it extra difficult working environment and causing serious damages to employee morale.
As whole, the company has transformed into a big corporate with like culture. Executives favor the management and it encourages management to bully/harass the employees. The company can do better by not pretending to be good but actually be good. The salaries are below market level. FAVORITISM.
Cons
poor and inexperienced management. no employee development. favoritism.
September 12, 2018

We regret your experience and wish that we had an opportunity to speak directly with you to gain additional insight and perspective. Apple has a no-tolerance stance as it relates to harassment and bullying. In fact, our staff and management receive annual training on it and ways to prevent it. We also do not tolerate retaliation towards anyone whom may bring concerns to management's attention. Staff loyalty and retention are important elements to our success and we regularly obtain input, in a variety of ways (town hall meetings, staff surveys, listening tours and roadshows), in an effort to continuously improve our workplace. As with any organization, we have growing opportunities and strive to do what's in our members and employee's best interest. Thank you for the feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fun to work at a very successful company.
Vice President, Business Planning (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed free-reign to manage a very high-level and business-defining project, that examined our current business model as well as alternative business models.
Pros
Autonomy, very successful company
Cons
Senior management was a very tight-knit clique, difficult to gain their trust and acceptance
September 12, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We do pride ourselves with being a fun, dynamic, growing, and engaging workplace. We have been fortunate to be able to build new branches, develop new positions and departments, and offer targeted products and services to our members throughout the years. There has not been much turnover at the senior management level, but that speaks to our continuity and stability. We are pleased that you were able to be part of our organization and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great Work Place
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2018
Great way to learn customer service skills and gain knowledge about the banking world. Management is also great, they really try to work with your schedule.
September 12, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had a positive working experience! As a learning organization, we support and embrace staff growth and development.

Poor management
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 21, 2018
Working here is like any other job, it will be frustrating and stressing. But management definitely needs improvement. Management had unnecessary and unprofessional attitudes. They tell you that you should not need their help much, but then gets irritated when you don't go to them for when you need questions. You then go to them for help, and they tell you that you shouldn't need their help. I learned from here that if you want something to change, you can't just babble to somebody else about it. Make your stand yourself, and then things will change. Because nobody above you will do anything to help you. They claim their workplace culture is about everybody, the employees and members, being a part of the Apple family. But you make one mistake, and they will ruin you for it. It will ruin your complete motivation to work here, and make you realize that they don't care about you as a person. The only thing that is enjoyable about working here, is being able to meet people who share the same frustrations, and being able to connect to them as if they were family.
September 12, 2018

We regret that you felt frustrated and stressed while employed at Apple. Additionally, we regret that you felt management was not available to support or help you when needed. That's not The Apple Way and goes against our core values. We hope that you were able take part in some of the fun and enjoyable elements of our workplace while employed. Apple is an inclusive workplace and we care about our employees and their well-being. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Needs improvement
Member Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 30, 2018
Overall culture was good but several mangers were inept. Many cases of employees commiting fraud discovered after the fact. Managers lied on performance reviews and favored certain employees over others. Management lied to state employment bureau regarding employee termination. Repeatedly asked to work through lunch to catch up on incoming call volume. Would merge with other credit unions and terminate older (age wise) employees.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Management didn't know what was going on
September 12, 2018

We regret your experience and wished we had an opportunity to discuss your perspective while you were employed. Apple has been fortunate to merge with several credit unions during its 60+ years of existence. We have never terminated nor reduced the workforce during those transitions. All performance appraisals are reviewed and scrutinized by HR to ensure fairness and accuracy. Staff are encouraged to take a break from their workday as a benefit. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best in your future.

Excellent place to work
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMarch 14, 2018
Apple FCU is a great employer, I would recommend Apple to everyone. I worked at apple for a little over three years, the co workers become your family.
Busy
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 8, 2018
Must be ready for all types of members, solve problems and understand the products and also be able to work with a team. Overall its a great place to work.
Amazing Place to Work, awesome culture
MSR (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 20, 2018
I love working at Apple!! Its an amazing company that takes care of its employees. They have an awesome culture where they care about their employees and what they think! The only thing i regret is that at the branch you must work Saturdays. I love my members and i love my job. My manager is amazing. Great place to work.
Pros
Awesome Company, Amazing Manager, Great Culture
Cons
Saturdays
Slow paced and Boring
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 15, 2018
There isn't much to do and there's no chance of moving up unless you know someone within the company. I didn't learn much while being at appleFCU. Management isn't properly trained and they hire anyone to be a manager without the proper qualification/skills. Apple is a very diverse place and they have many benefits and events for their employees. The hardest part of the job is getting along with coworkers/leadership because there is a lot of gossip going around. What I really enjoyed while working there were the perks such as the health insurance benefits and they do a lot of training, you do have to push your manager to take the training though.
Pros
Benefits and free breakfast at meetings
Cons
Very unorganized branches and poor management.
Productive and Challenging
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working a Apple. With the initiation of the Servicing Division there was always some new to learn and problems to fixed. I thrive on a Challenge and love to take one on.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Traffic
Good work environment with great customers
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Good working experience for anyone. You will love many things about this job, not only are you working in your own space. You are available to discounts and competing against great people.
AppleFCU great place to work
VP Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Company treats well employees; benefits are excellent; collaborative working environment. Good place to work. Once concern is the large number of projects and lack of well defined project management program.
Pros
benefits and great culture
Cons
workload is too much
September 12, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to offer a competitive benefits package and opportunities to engage in cross-departmental projects and initiatives. 2018 was a monumental year for Apple as we created a project management office and selected and developed a project management software. Staff are being trained on best practices related to project management and more accountability and resource management will be a huge focus for us as we move into the new year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss