Apple Leisure Group Employee Reviews

"Presentation Specialist" BE AWARE!
Presentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PADecember 12, 2018
The job posting for "Presentation Specialist" that you see posted on job sites for an abnormally long period of time and then again 6 months later is NOT a legit Presentation Specialist position. It is really a graphic design position, yet you will sit isolated and outside of the actual design department. You will be sent all of the work that the design department won't do. Meaning, AMResort's design department uses software to help assist the work that comes in and create a pipeline of the work with hierarchy. However, the Sales department (which is the actual department that this position is for, and where you will be sitting) does not want to use the design team. They feel they take too much time and instead feel their work should be done ahead of everyone else. Sales does not want to "play fair" and won't place their projects into the pipeline. They instead bypass the design department completely. The positing for Presentation Specialist is so they can hire someone that they give all of their design and presentation (and other) work to directly without any supervisor or pipeline control. There's a huge rift between Sales and the rest of the company. The SVP of Sales is the meanest person I have ever met and has unrealistic and impossible deadlines. She bosses her team around with an iron fist and I've literally seen her run several employees to tears. This posting has continued to be put up on Indeed, Monster, etc, every 6 months or so, because any time someone is hired for the job, they ultimately are pushed to the brink of insanity and quit. This job is a Graphic Design  more... position, but without any direct manager, creative director, team, or pipeline. Jan and Claudio will "dump and run" all of their work on you too. They give you an unbelievable amount of presentations and design projects to design, with full expectations of you completing all of the work within a day or two, while the actual design team has a solid month or two for one project at a time. This position is treated as it's not part of the company. While the rest of the company does minimum amount of work and leaves at 5PM everyday, you will be made to stay as late as 10PM on a regular basis! They will tell you this job is part of the Marketing team, yet you will sit with the Sales team, and ____ is your boss, then a few months in ____ will "change positions" when in reality it is only so that you no longer have a boss and now have to act as your own manager too. I am writing to not only warn Indeed about this, but to hopefully protect any prospective fellow designers or presentation specialists that may apply. You absolutely deserve to know the risks and actual expectations. You will be isolated and treated horribly if you do not meet their demands, which are impossible to begin with.

Lastly, the first thing the recruiter will tell you is about their amazing travel benefits and how you get 60% off travel anywhere.

After starting, they won't mention anything about benefits, and even when asked, they will avoid you. You will soon find out there aren't any travel benefits AT ALL! It is a complete lie to offset their pay and get employees to join for a lower salary.
Pros
Salary is average for this position
Cons
Everything that is written in my description and more
ALG Review
L2 DSS Analyst/Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 6, 2018
Our group was nice to work with and we collaborated efficiently. We were given tools and access to admin rights to perform our job. I loved my job while I was there. Company down-sized leaving me laid-off.
Job can be stress otherwise not a bad place to work
Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
We were told to be as customer service oriented as possible but then be as harsh as possible. I like the clients but was accused of being too nice which I would think is the best customer service. Everyone speaks and for the most part friendly atmosphere
Pros
Free lunch from other vendors
Cons
Micro managment
It was very fun and happy environment to be.
Travel Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2018
The benefit package was great, Employees also earn bonuses monthly. It was a very fas paced environment to worked at. It was very difficult to balance job/work and your life because of the way the shift was given to employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift was not stable.
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2018
Great healthcare. The people who work there are incredible. The owner is one of the best people I've ever met. He truly cares about the well being of the employees.
Great place to start your career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2018
Great place to start your career. The company has a good workplace culture; travel benefits and overall fun environment. Challenging to grow and move in your career
Call Centers Can Be Cut-Throat
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
Metrics set the pace at any call-center job. I was told all the time I was perhaps the best at customer service at the call center, but the metrics, especially when having to collect change fees, etc, always tripped me up. You are always being pushed to meet all the goals.
Skip this one
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 8, 2018
People that have been with the company pre-ALG are afraid of change. There is entitled senior management and arrogant coworkers. Long working hours. If you work here, be prepared to be stressed and unhappy.
Pros
Vacation benefits
Cons
Rude people; no direction
Overall very positive
Manager - Product & Development (Brand Operations) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work is interesting, the culture at Mark Travel allows for anyone's opinions to be heard, you don't have to be an executive to share your thoughts on a subject.
The company is currently merging with it's previously biggest competitor so future roles within the organization are being reviewed.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Look Elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayside, WIOctober 1, 2018
I worked full time for this company for 5 years.
It was extremely stressful and the upper management does not know or seem to care about what their employees are going through.
People who have devoted their life to the company - making a profit off of them is all that matters. The call center is a revolving door with mandatory overtime because of the high turnover rate. The reason why has not been assessed because the same people are still running The show. The company attorney spends her time defending the bad reviews on social media for a living since not making it in LA.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no support
No job security!!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 29, 2018
New venture capitalists owners are making the work place very corporate centered at the detriment to the employees. Breaking up the multiple companies purchased and merging some but very high downsize rate in Lehigh Valley.
Do not look at this as a long term career choice.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low chance of job retention
Love it!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2018
The hiring process is incredibly quick and organized. You are kept informed and in a timely manner.

Everyone is great, a very relaxed atmosphere but kept busy.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Stressful
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Very good training program. Sales floor is cut throat. There is very little room for advancement. The pay is horrible for the amount of work expected of you. Management promises work from home at hire but retracts the offer after training.
Benefits
Cons
Pay

Comment – October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the training program, it is something we work very hard to make successful. Your statement about the sales floor being “cut throat” was confusing, as we are an inbound center who’s focus is customer service. We are a very busy company and do have high expectations of our team members, but that is why we always hire those people who we are confident can handle the work. We do take several measures to ensure that our compensation is fair. The majority of our new team members transition to a work-at-home position approximately 90 days after successfully completing training. If you have any questions or further concerns, we would encourage you to ASK your leader or HR manager.

Was a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2018
With the current merge, some teams were displaced, cut, restructured. The culture used to be wonderful, family feeling, but no longer.

The new company is nothing like the old company, unfortunately.
small work place
Customer Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The place was great to work at, however the management is horrible, they wait until you have did several things wrong to write you up instead of coaching you on proper tools and then you get fired without a second opinion. You are very over worked and mandatory overtime, that is not talked about during the hiring process. The also do not have consideration for working parents, this place is really for people with no children
Wonderful work place
Supervisor of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2018
I love working for TMTC. What a great work place and very fun to book travel.

Managers are always there for you and try their best to help you in every way.
Pros
Great VIP, Fam trips, room to grown, work form home program
Cons
overtime alots
great place to work
Travel Assurance Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Every day was a vacation via your Customer's experience.

Management was encouraging and helpful towards career path.

Excellent work life balance (worked from home)

Great pay, lots of travel benefits
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
outside agents and their power
Not now
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 9, 2018
While a private equity firm owns ALG, there is little hope of things getting better. They are in the process of flipping the company. Buying new companies to make it look better to sell. People and culture come far behind that process. Until it is sold to someone who will care about it or it goes public, I would avoid working at ALG.
Nice Company
During Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2018
Fast paced as a During Travel Specialist and had to think fast. I learned a lot about international travel and working with the airlines. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with significant weather issues when you have to evacuate travelers or deal with a death.
Pros
Great travel benefits
Cons
Low pay
I love my job.
Group Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 6, 2018
Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Hiring process was quick, yet informative. Benefits are great as well. I am happy to come into work every morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Leisure Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight