Apple Rehab Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Staffing issues
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIJuly 28, 2018
If our staffing issues were taken care of there would be better care for the resident and less burnout for the staff. the staff is very caring and patient oriented and everyone gives over 110%
Pros
teamwork
Cons
not enough staff
great experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 29, 2018
using your skills as a CNA will definitely let you learn more and become more aware on what your doing. its a good experience to start there to get at
Pros
you will learn a lot
Cons
pay rate is too low
Was once a thriving company
Information Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJune 25, 2018
Due to legal entanglements and continued cuts to staff and benefits, the company is in a downward progression. Unless things change drastically, it will likely be forced to sell within the next five to seven years.
The patients
Apple Rehab (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 6, 2018
I really cant say it was a pleasure . In the beginning it was meeting the need. Later , over turns with management. very few team players. It has always been about patient care. Which is a [plus for me. I loved my patients, they always gave me reason to return to my place of employment. Learning about the history of the patients and their family's. Has always given me more reasons to push harder and be a better person with my own family and friends.
Stress
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 15, 2018
Expectations of certain roles far exceed what person is capable of in a new setting as new employee. If your best is not given, you will most likely be terminated.
workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 15, 2018
apple rehab short staff but learn how to mange work better. I have learned so much from the nurses that I have worked with. working hands in with people who had surgery recover and return home
productive always have help management was good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 21, 2018
Good place to work Employees helpful Always had enough staffing Inservices always scheduled for related topics for the job Had various types of clinical experiences Had GTubes Wound vacs
Pros
8 hour shifts supervisor previous shift always willing to help
Great Company
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTApril 20, 2018
I have been working for Apple Rehab for 8 years now and continue to be a loyal employee. I continue to work at Apple and support when needed despite my full time job. You find a great environment of nursing care and a great team of care givers that love what they do. Great company , great support and great team.
revolving door management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTApril 3, 2018
Revolving door management, never any consistency. ALWAYS understaffed. Staff where treated poorly, and always hurried out the door after their shift to save money. We are nurses...we need to properly chart on our paitients.
Don't expect to ever get raises
CNA (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIMarch 8, 2018
Alot of calls out and stressful environment! Never got any raises and they expect you to go above and beyond and get recognition. Don't expect to excess or advance.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No raises. Always short of help.
Great Staff, but Poor Management and Compensation
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 8, 2018
This corporation does not seem to value its employees. The pay is horrendous. CNAs are making what other places were paying in 2001. The nurses pay is also an embarrassment. This company pushes its nursing staff to work to their max but doesn’t offer any support or compensation to offset the workload. The focus is bringing in admissions instead of improving working conditions for those on the front line. Adequate training is definitely lacking. To add to the backwards culture of this company, they are still using paper and doing “flip night” in some of their buildings. Talk about a way to increase medication errors. The staff is amazing though. There are some who definitely are doing their best for their residents and patients. But as a whole, Apple Rehab needs to step it up or exit healthcare.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor management, no support, Horrendous Pay
very busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIJanuary 25, 2018
Working at Apple Rehab was very tough, the residents were great, but we were always understaffed. The staff there were there were very good, but just not enough.
Good work environment
RN charge nurse and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIJanuary 25, 2018
3rd shift was quiet calm. Small nursing home with 60 patients. Enough help on 3rd shift. Regular staff is friendly. Did not see much of administration.
Pros
Nonstressful
Cons
No education programs
Payment
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2018
They are always short and do not pay you what you deserve. I came from a hospital for 5 years and not getting paid based on my experience. They are willing to work with your schedule but again they do tend to be short a lot
It was a wonderful place to work. I miss my co-workers it was like a family to me
Cook supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, CTJanuary 12, 2018
You have to be fast if u work the fist shift dietary aide and cook. Remember u are putting out for 2 meals. 2nd shift was much more relaxing. Oh their were times when u had to move. All in all it was a great memory
Pros
Kitchen workers could eat whatever they pleased for free
Cons
Breaks, i didnt have time too much for a break in the morning but i did take a lunch break
Excellent Patient Care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 10, 2018
The staff at Apple Rehab Coccomo provide excellent care for their patients. The building is bright, clean and improved regularly. The recreation department provides great daily activities such as bingo, spa days and concerts. Working as a nurse at Coccomo, I am always learning and feel like a valued team member. The team at Coccomo is my second family!
Pros
Co-workers, family-like atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare regulation changes cause increasing demands on staff
its an alright place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Shoreline, CTJanuary 2, 2018
great job for a high schooler or college student. decent pay, great benefits, fun party at the end of the year.

get to interact with the patients which is the best part. great job to have if you want to figure out if you'd like to pursue something in the healthcare field.
Cons
iffy workmates who don't always show up
Excellent Attractive Facility Caring Staff
One of the team (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 2, 2018
This facility is very clean and attractive - a very pleasant comfortable and inviting place to work, receive care and visit!
Rehab is excellent with a large beautiful rehab gym, 7 day a week therapy and great therapists.
Residents and visitors can enjoy lovely social spaces which include a Cafe, a fireplace lounge, a large inviting dining room and even a greenhouse and outdoor space in nice weather.
Nursing and other staff are pleasant, courteous and considerate of resident needs.
Excellent benefits offered by the facility and company - 401 k, Health, Dental, LIfe & Disability insurance, EXCELLENT paid time off, paid lunch time and more!
Pros
All the above plus supportive corporate staff.
Cons
The challenges of health care
Receptionist Job
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 24, 2017
The job was easy and very slow paced. Weekends were quiet and there wasn't much work to keep me busy. Perfect job for a college student though with flexible hours and time and freedom to do homework.
Very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 5, 2017
We have new administration previous administration doesn’t last more then an year . I’m organize schedule Is all over the place always short staffed
Pros
Offers benefits 401k
Cons
Short staffed poor management