Apple Rehab Employee Reviews

They do not have anything good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple RehabJanuary 9, 2019
Employers at the administration office at Apple Rehab Watertown are incompetent. They don’t know how to manage a health care facility. They don’t know how to treat employees. Employees can barely take break. They never have enough staffs to provide care to the patients. They treat CNA’s as machin. Those people at the administration office don’t know what they’re doing. They need to go.
Pros
Cons
They’re very stupid
Wouldn’t recommend anyone go there, run the other way
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 8, 2019
If I could give this place a rating it would be no stars. By far the worst place you could ever work. It’s not enough to say administration is lousy, corporate could care less either. I was there a few months and went through a administrator and dns that could care less to an even worse administrator and dns that could care even less. The only pros are the patients and the wonderful aides and other nurses who did the right think for the right. Being a DNS myself I could never see treating my staff like the animals that Apple does. They think I’m census and not acuity and this company has no understanding of what it is like to work in the people business. Truly I’m surprised the state has not closed the doors on Apple facilities. I would never let my family rehab in one of these places. Take my advice and run. Oh and what they pay there staff is disgusting.
Pros
Patients and the committed staff that cares for them
Cons
Anything higher than the front line staff including corporate
Not the best work experience
DIRECTOR OF THERAPEUTIC RECREATION (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 10, 2018
Many managers do have longevity in this community, which is good, but can also creat cliques, with new staff.
During my 4 years at apple, we had 4 administrators and 5 or 6 directors of nursing.
Good cna job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, CTNovember 19, 2018
I like my coworkers and the residents st this job. They let me pick up my 40 hours everyweek...plus people always smiling in the hallways. There was lots of turnover with management but the new people seem good and they listen. I have worked here for 3 years and the schedule used to be bad, always short staff and begging people to work last minute. Is not perfect now but seems like is getting better. They do good staff education here... Also someone said they don’t get raises but I did get raises. I know people who work other places and Apple has the best rates for cnas.
Pros
Paid lunch, $14 per hour starting rate
Cons
Not much overtime
Good Job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chester, CTNovember 6, 2018
I worked at Chesterfields for a few years before i moved away for school. The best part was spending time with the residents everyday. It's a small building so it was easy to get to know everybody well. I had fun working there and I would recommend it to anyone to apply.
Pros
small and homey
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't find elsewhere
Good place to build skills
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 6, 2018
I am a new grad nurse and work at Coccomo in Meriden. As a new grad they offered me floor orientation and classes led by department heads to help us learn more about the processes and policies in the building. The staff have all been very helpful and I'm glad I took a chance here as my first job out of school.
Pros
paid lunch, good management, good starting rates
Cons
typical healthcare challenges
Workplace culture
CNA (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 6, 2018
I worked in a few jobs as a cna but coccomo is the best. all the people are really nice and the residents too. There's tough days everywhere you go but after being at other places its better here. CNAs get paid $14 an hour starting base rate which is the best around
Pros
paid lunch, good management
Cons
benfits could be less $
Great Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 5, 2018
Healthcare is a hard industry to work in, but Apple is always working to make it worth it by recognizing and appreciating employees, and truly caring for their residents. Great benefits, 4 weeks PTO!
Pros
Management cares, great benefits, high pay
Cons
No cons
Worst Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 30, 2018
You don't get trained properly felt like I was thrown into the wolves den and told figure it out. I had to teach myself the proper procedures and had to learn the systems on my own. The co-workers are always going back and forth with each other fighting, and everyone was such rude and nasty attitudes while working. Very disrespectful environment. The patients accused nurses of stealing meds and nothing got done. really bad customer service between the nurses and family members.
Cons
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 29, 2018
I used to work there and it was a great place to be at and very polite.. wish I could be there but couldn’t transfer out of state ☹️ Recommend to apply
Pros
Friendly staff and great residents and good pay for cna
Cons
Pay can be more

Want to know more about Apple Rehab?

Ask a question
Great job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTOctober 28, 2018
Enjoyed working for apple rehab.enjoy taking care of the elderly or whomever needs help recovering from a surgery.
Go to work....
Check on all my patient (first rounds)
Take vitals
Do books(report)
Do rounds again
In between answering call lights
Make sure patients comfortable
Pass trays
Pros
Love patient care
Cons
Not meeting a patients needs
slacking staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 25, 2018
Hr never returned phone calls and mailbox is always full. Some staff was very lazy when it came to patient care and administration was seriously lacking.
Pros
the patients were awesome
Cons
little to no breaks, short staffed and very little no benefits
i enjoyed working there
Dietary Aide (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTOctober 24, 2018
Everything went fast,very productive. The most enjoyable part was serving the clients and conversing with them.the hardest part of the job is learning each client diet
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Friendly Staff
Dietary Aide/Relief Cook (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTOctober 24, 2018
Our day starts out prepping for the breakfast service rounds. Refilling stock, dishes, wrapping silverware. Then repeated for lunch. The management is somewhat friendly, easy going environment.
Pros
Ability to relocate because there are many Apple facilities
Cons
Terrible pay, and health insurance is not good
Always short staffing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIOctober 18, 2018
No comment . Liked my job in the beginning but became to overwhelming with staff to census ratio . Was not fair working short all the time . No help no time for a break!
Pros
Good friendships
Cons
No time for a break
Horrible
LPN-Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 14, 2018
Poor management, supervisors praised for lack of work and disgusting behaviors. No teamwork, lack of communication and unsafe environment for residents. Hated it hated it hated it...
Pathetic work environment
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIOctober 12, 2018
Corporate has no grasp on the needs of the facility. Staff are underpaid and asked to work ungodly hours without care from admin.... corp thinks throwing gift cards at employees will suffice, but it doesn't. Asked to complete unsafe staffing assignments without care for nurses licenses. Apple rehab is KNOWN for not paying bills, frequent calls to for collection and vendors threatening to shut of services and utilities. The residents and hard working staff deserve so much more than the pathetic attempts from corporate. Laughable, all staff are leaving, facility should be closed.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cons
Everything about apple
Good learning experience
Charge Nurse/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Apple Rehab however I was a new nurse at the time and there were situations that I felt uncomfortable with. I worked nights and the night supervisors were great and I felt pretty comfortable talking to them about any concerns I had. They were short staffed at times and the rehab unit would have over 30 residents at times which could be very stressful with one nurse and one cna.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Not as much upper management support
Staff and management were great to work with, everyone went beyond what was expected.
ICN / SD/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, CTOctober 10, 2018
I started to work in Chesterfields full time and within 5 months my job was cut to 16 hrs, I had an option to work 2 days on the floor and 2 days in infection control /Staff development which I declined since I have not worked a floor for 15 years. I also thought the 16 hrs allotted to the position was not doable in that time frame. I decided to work per diem as RN charge nurse/supervisor which was challenging since I worked 1 or 2 days a month.
Pros
Free lunches, respect among staff, everyone pitching n to help.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive.
Busy envioroment alot off activities for entertaining patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  28 broadway mystic ctSeptember 25, 2018
Nice facility and lovely patients thats what make my days there worth wild helping provide care and happiness to the people I work with. Staff strives to provide a great environment for all patornts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.