Apple Employee Reviews

Found 4,703 reviews matching the search See all 5,710 reviews
Excellent
PRODUCT ZONE SPECIALIST, OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 21, 2018
Apple, Inc. Is one the greatest jobs you can ever work for. Down to the pay, management, employees, benefits, etc. It’s a great environment with growth opportunities.
Apple is not for everyone
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2018
The environment at Apple does not suit everyone. It is fast paced and fun and you learn valuable skills that are translatable to any industry, however, there are a lot of negatives that people do not see from the outside. The culture is great at times but it is fickle and does not provide much support when things aren't going well.
Busy workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 20, 2018
I worked at the apple warehouse using a variety of tools ie forklift pallet jack. Data entry update stock status.
Pull orders pack orders transfer to shipping dept.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
End of month rush late hours
Great for entry level career
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 20, 2018
Working for Apple is challenging, exciting and rewarding. The AHA positions however only allow a limited ability to grow within the company. Apple is a wonderful company to work for but if looking for a professional career with lots of career options with a career path and growth; you must be willing to relocate to work within the main office locations.
Pros
great benefits, great people to work with, challenging, discounts on products, great internal rewards programs
Cons
limited career growth, wages are competitive to similar positions but with far more difficult and diversified support
Best Job
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2018
Words do not describe how much of an amazing company this is. From the people around you to the pay to the quality of life. Everything about Apple was amazing. Everyone starts usually as a part-time employee but always has the opportunity to work up to full time. Also another great thing is that you can expand your role to go from sales floor to support and help fix problems. I would recommend Apple to everyone
Its retail
Apple Certified Mac Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
Honestly, just dont work at Apple retail. You know there are better things you can do to advance yourself and working there will just derail your career. If you want to be extremely stressed constantly,and have the feeling of "I hate my job but I'm afraid to leave because of the benefits" than go for it but there's nothing "special" you learn. Its just a retail job, but pays a little better than other mall jobs but is much, much more demanding. If you want to sacrifice your own sanity for money, do it.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely high stress, political company, brainwashed culture.
It was a nice place to work
Scanner (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2018
It was a great place to work. The warehouse was very hot, they had no fans. I came to work with great attitude everyday, n was very happy to work there.
Cons
Heat
I think Apple is a good company.
Assist engineers (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 19, 2018
I was doing prototype work for Apple products. I feel that I learning more seen I get this job, I'm glad to support engineering, like rework , repair, building test systems and testing CPU and other Apple new products.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 19, 2018
I loved working for apple. if I had not of gotten sick I would still be working for them. imtrying ti get back to them currently. the training course was easy to follow and the reps that train you are always here to help.
Family like job atmosphere
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at apple is very welcoming and promising. I learned how to handle the smallest to biggest customer complaints and was able to use my resources there to figure out a resolution as fast as i can. The management was very supportive of your needs and will stretch miles in order to secure your happiness at the store.
Collaborative and Inspiring
Market Business Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
Apple creates a highly collaborative environment that promotes creativity and innovation. The culture at Apple allows for input and impact in a client-centric environment. Apple is filled with passionate, smart and dedicated employees that make you want to do your life's best work.
Great place to learn about yourself
Lead Sales Expert/ Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
8 years flew by. I was getting too comfortable and had to grow. I miss the Steve Jobs days and they hired many people very fast that don't fully know the culture. Still awesome. Once you leave you will miss how much Apple spoiled you. Politics definitely gets in the way of every workplace and you will have those managers that will drive you crazy. Overall...life changing for the better and very inclusive and your voice matters.
not the best but not the worst
TECH SUPPORT REP TIER 1 (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 18, 2018
the job is not for you if you have children its not flexible if you would like knowledge on technology or are good with technology you would be a good fit
AppleCare - Great for the Unmarried/No Family
Tier 2 Mac & iOS Advisor (Remote Position) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
Apple pays above average for call-center work and generally requires no prior experience. However, Apple is such a large company that advancement opportunities are scarce, and unless you are doing the work of 3 jobs, you are not considered for promotions.

Apple's attendance and PTO policies are refreshing and beneficial, and there are routine bonuses and rewards for longevity and good work.

There are limited overtime opportunities—"the needs of the business" is the common saying—which means when it is offered, it is on a "mandatory-not-mandatory" basis and is technically not allowed to impact annual performance/merit increases and yet it definitely factors in.

For those with families or outside commitments, the work-life balance is difficult to maintain, and the changing policies internally about how to resolve situations is becoming more and more about the bottom line and less about stellar customer service, leaving to a very sour taste in one's mouth at the end of the day.

Change is the rule, not the exception—in my first two years, I had 6 different team managers, and this is not uncommon, as one is often shifted in to different queues or skill groups based on "the needs of the business" and without regard for one's interests or skills. Get stuck with a bad manager and it practically ends your career, get grouped with a good one and you will shoot to the moon if they don't promote them first for being so great.
Cool for retail
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 18, 2018
As far as retail it’s foesnt get much better. The starting rate is good, there’s growth opportunities from within, it’s a culture that’s close knit but professional and there are plenty of work perks!
Pros
Free food during meetings, discounts
Cons
Pay rate
Great environment and amazing core values
Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The training are available for each person to take their development in their own hands. This company is full of resources for professional development and growth.
Fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 18, 2018
Fun working there People where friendly good environment. No drama workplace. Work was easy. I just wish the would pay more money then I would of stayed
Enjoyed the company and the people
Worldwide Business Intelligence Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at apple started as a contractor and enjoyed my 10 years. I was given the oppertunity to grow and be pushed to develop news skills and knowledge.

I would certainly return if an oppertunity arose.
Great place to work!
iOS Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
As an iOS Technician, a lot of work is put on your shoulders and it feels like it'll never let up during the workday. While I was there, there were a lot of changes going on and a lot of stress was added on top of advisors. Many people lost their jobs on their own volition simply due to the stress added.

However, that said, this was years ago. Today? I don't know. But while I was there before those changes, it was a great place to work remotely. Fun atmosphere, great pay, great people. Lot of innovative minds.

Hope they backtracked on the workload they put on them.
Pros
Everything other than below!
Cons
None really. Other than workload never lets up for the most part (when I worked there)
Great employees, no work/life balance
Apple Certified Mac Technician (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 18, 2018
You will meet amazing people while working at Apple. The compensation and hours however do not in any way match the high stress and demands of the role. If you have prior technical expertise, lower your expectations for this job drastically. Take measures to avoid burnout. Your education, skills, time and sanity are much more valuable elsewhere.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
No set schedule, high stress, unreasonable metrics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.8K
41.7K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight