Apple

United States8,830 reviews

Found 8,830 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,055 reviews

The Best Job Ever

Featured review

Apple selected this as a representative review
Working at Apple was a great experience. Work never felt like work because I loved what I did and I loved interacting with the public. The store was always electric, although others may say crazy. I'd say electric because the experience was exhilarating. The managers were all great and they were never above doing what they asked of their employees. The benefits and pay were amazing for a part time job. Working for a company with a brand such as Apple and experience to match that brand made me want to stay forever. This is a job I truly miss and I am thankful for the opportunity that I was given!

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Parking

Great company to work for

Very supportive and the training is very very good and in great detail.They train you to succeed.Can stress how great and detailed the training is. You know more than you need to be successful.The hours are retail which at best suck but the work hours fly by.

Apple insights

Based on 3,906 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Smart teams but a very millennial, entitled culture that struggles with basic rules.

Excellent benefits. Good compensation. My job was putting out fires all day from either very unhappy customers or a team who struggled with basic rules such as getting to work on time, reporting to work, feeling disrespected by their teammates or customers, or generally upset with their personal lives. Incredibly intelligent teams but too young in many cases to be professional. Upper management continued the theme of being unprofessional and extremely quirky.

Great overall experience.

The company looks after their employees very well where pay is fair for work and weekly team meetings and training ensures you have everything you need to complete your daily tasks. Great working environment and management from my experience.

Pros

Weekly giveaways, bonuses and product discounts.

Cons

Short breaks, limited chances for advancement.

Good

Its been an awesome experience to grow tech and sales wise. Resources are amazing and every day is different. Days fly by because you are busy and nothing is a drag

good money

not too bad, can be very busy, started having micromanaging which wasnt a fan of. dealt with alot of angry customers, you stay busy. overall you will enjoy it

Productive and Fun workplace

Relaxed environment with a cohesive mind set of the workplace culture. Everyone is willing to help each other. Company believes in self -care and keeps their internal customers as well as external customers in mind. Would recommend this employer to anyone.

Great opportunities but a lack of leadership support

The management structure is broken. Managers rely heavily on their associates to handle all situations with constant ambiguity without ever finding sustainable solutions that work. Employees are overworked and the performance management structure is broken. Apple has many benefits and can help you build a lot of skills from the ground up, but the work culture is not suitable for someone looking to have a long term career with the organization.

Pros

Great benefits, Good opportunities to upskill

Cons

No work life balance, Toxic leadership, Very little autonomy or decision-making power

Fun and stable

Quiet work environment. Good management. Stable workflow. Management appreciate good work and dedication. Workflow is easy once you get the hang of it

Great place

Great environment, thorough training, always felt supported. Great benefits, loved all the on site amenities such as the cafeteria. Managers were always supportive.

Enjoyed the atmosphere

Everyone is welcoming and inviting, opportunity to growth and management helps get you where you want to go. Good incentive programs to purchase Apple products.

Good company if you're woke enough

If you fit the new age social justice, virtue signaling, mold that Apple follows then you'll be a shoe-in. For a company that supposedly promotes freethinking and creativity they will shun you at work if you don't fit into the previously mentioned type.

Great experience

Great company, great experience. Definitely a great company to work for. Keep applying, even if you don’t get in the first time. A lot of apple employees story

Easy job and decent pay

Easy job decent pay but lacks long term residuals. Have to be skilled in a fast past environment. pay is weekly and you are almost required to train up for promotion

Favoritism is the key to promotion

Very little advancement opportunities. I wanted to work my way from the ground up so that when I got promoted, I could be a better leader. However, Apple does not promote from within. More about metrics than true customer service. Pay is low,expectations are high, and work life balance is horrible.

Apple is a good company but race is still an issue

I can honestly say this is a great company. I left because after four years I was sitting beneath a whole new set of managers that were white and beside the same brown faces. We had all tried to move around or up however we continued to stay put when others would promote quickly. Call centers have this issue everywhere and I can say apples ears where empathetic but change was too slow. Mental wellness is a high priority and apple has amazing benefits. I took several months off after my mom and sister passed in rapid succession and apple was ✨ chefs kiss✨ During that time. Full pay more than five months out of work. So if you need a good job apple is definitely it. If you want a great organization regarding diversity and inclusion - Apple has a lot of room to grow.

WFH Apple is a pretty good place to work

However, don’t expect raises, we were given stock that we had to wait for instead. Apple was part of the great stock by back when the government gave them money- we didn’t see any of it in bonuses. Actually we never saw bonuses. Even if you were the top of the review, which was difficult to get- raises were meager, but stock was given. Again, you had to wait for it. My manager was great.If you don’t accept a position, don’t expect another one. The hours are the hours in different departments, so not a lot of flexibility.If you leave, no matter how good you are & no matter what they tell you, you CANNOT go back. Hopefully, some things have changed.

Pros

Wfh, lots of interesting people, good breaks

Cons

Pay was ok, no bonuses. Meager raises no matter how well one scored.

Communication and inclusivity is top notch!

I just went through the hiring process with Apple for the Specialist position and I'm so excited to start soon. I am currently on my OPT (work authorization granted to international students) and had restrictions regarding my start date. Management has been so understanding, accommodating and inclusive throughout this process. They never made me feel less-than and quickly rescheduled my training to accommodate my situation. I have been in the job search for almost 2 months, submitted over 100 applications and went through multiple interviews. You'd be surprised at how many companies praise diversity and inclusivity in workforce, but fail to practice it during the hiring process. Unlike others, I can confidently say that Apple's culture shines through in every aspect of their business operations. I am truly excited to join such an incredible team and I am confident that this experience will bring me valuable connections and opportunities for further growth!

Micromanagement

management monitors and watch you literally every second and time your work. You breathe when they tell you breathe. Training is great and managers are supportive, all great people however the company’s micromanagement is worse than high security prison .

Pros

Good benefit

Cons

Low salary and micromanagement

Communicate with HR & Management (BOTH)

Store position. Wonderful product and culture. Good benefits. Most colleagues were smart, friendly, and helpful. You are assigned a mentor/manager and your success depends on that person’s ability to communicate, but you might not realize that until it’s too late. Went with the flow, moved around as asked and covered stations as needed. Got some kudos and shout outs during morning meetings several times, so presumed I was doing well. A few weeks in, happened to discover that other mentor/mgrs had established weekly check in meetings, assigned tasks to learn and perform to gain specific experiences, provided information and career guidance to their agents, set goals and recommendations based on sales targets etc. Manager that was my “mentor” had barely said hello to me twice, and had never had a full conversation. Mind blown, but with a less reputable company, I probably would have been more proactive. They had things so well organized and structured that I simply expected that to continue. Very disappointing. Also, while majority of store team was amazing, there was definitely a small clique that had developed and management did not seem to have any awareness of it. Hopefully, they realized and have corrected course. Overall, I have no complaints. It was still a good experience. I left with some new knowledge and met some great people.

Apple has the best culture in which I've ever worked!

After working for several other Fortune 500 companies, I found Apple to actually "walk the talk" or in other words truly care about their team members. It was refreshing to be empowered to support the team and utilize situational adaptability. Product knowledge and ability to keep up with the pace is likely the most challenging for sales and support teams. Leading the team was fun and we were fortunate to hire the best of the best. Often people leave Apple and want to come back as they see the amazing place it is, after they try to adapt to another company's culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Apple.
Powered byComparably