Apple Employee Reviews

Found 5,545 reviews matching the search See all 6,761 reviews
Technical Specialist
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 19, 2018
PROS
Apple INC provides EXCELLENT benefits for both full and tine employees.
Pay is decent for a high school graduate or a college student.
You learn so much about different products and services.
Opportunities to transfer with many locations.
Met some amazing colleagues.
Meeting customers (both happy and frustrated) provided growth in my professional career.
Shifts ranged from 5-9 hours.

CONS
Apple calls their managers "leaders" but there's nothing leadership about any of them.
Management at my location was a disgrace. Leaders had favorites, lied, and was not transparent.
It's retail so terrible hours and no work life balance. As a part time employee I worked EVERY Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Was provided with a lot of push back if hours were reduced under 30 per week.

Do better Apple KOP. Do the right thing.
Good Benefits but very slow career advancement
ALAC Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2018
Apple iso only a good place to work if you love the products and company culture. You have to overwork yourself and suck up to management if you want any possibility of advancing your career. You have to put a lot of time in your role before you can transfer to another department. If you're in a technical role you might be given more professional opportunities than others in the company. But regardless you're expected to always be positive and talk highly of Apple--even at the "kickbacks"which are big parties wit food and alcohol. It's a strange culture and I left after a year.
Pros
Good for resume, good benefits
Cons
very slow upward career trajectory, inconsistent management
Great company, poor management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 18, 2018
Apple is an incredible company to work for. Unfortunately, retail is retail. Working in the retail stores attracts a certain demographic, and due to the gung-ho bubbly nature of Apple corporate, the culture of "the customer is always right" overpowers care for the employees. Some managers will stick up for their employees when customers are being abusive, but more often than not, they're cowards who will do anything to make the customer happy, even if it means letting their employees be abused. And, unfortunately, due to the half sales/half service and IT support you find in an Apple store, the abuse is abundant.
Pros
Great break schedule, great benefits, free stocks, great discounts
Cons
Long hours, abusive customers, poor management
Depends on your goals
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
If what you are looking for is a good job with a minimum 25 hours to simply help you out while you finish school or look for a more full time job then Apple is a great job. But it has been a tough road to get promotion opportunities and the schedule is set a month ahead so often times work/life balance takes a hit. Management leaves a lot to be desired as at any given time I have 8 mangers to answer to and there is very little communication between management or from management.
Pros
Good Hours, Great Benefits, Meet interesting people
Cons
work/life balnce is tough, limited opportunites for advancement, poor leadership
Upbeat customer focused
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  At HomeOctober 28, 2018
A typical day at work is an 8-10 hour day, shifts based on quarterly bids; taking phone calls from customers world-wide. You will provide technical support for iOS/Mac devices and troubleshoot iCloud accounts. I learned how to isolate issues and gain agreement on the resolution. The culture is very Apple oriented, Apple think, Apple speak. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disagreeable customers and inability to control survey results. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with valued customers who have respect for what you do and your ability to help them resolve their issues.
Pros
Great benefits! Growth encouraged, pathways for upward mobility are abundant.
Cons
Micro-management.
Very Productive Work Environment, Fun, And Friendly Coworkers
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 18, 2018
Superior customer service and education on products. Apple is well known for high-end customer service and every one I worked with displayed enthusiasm in their roles, management was great and flexible with schedules, the workplace culture was diverse and interesting to learn about everyone of my colleagues. A typical day of work varied from sales, teaching workshops on Apple products for customers, inventory, and making sure appointments for device repairs, setups, and diagnostics were on time and accounted for. The most enjoyable part of my job at Apple was the people I worked with, the extensive technical knowledge I learned, and meeting customers from all over the world! The hardest part was sudden shift trades or changes, even though I was still able to manage this with my schedule.
Pros
Excellent Training and Extensive Knowledge Growth, Easily to Advance if This is your Career Choice, Friendly management and coworkers, and the diversity.
Cons
No Benefits if Part-Time.
stressful
Latin America & Caribbean C Relations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
A typical day at my job is stressful management is very micromanaging always checking on you. It makes you feel like you were at a prison. The bad thing about Apple is you have a bad manager you won't be able to transfer Dept nor move up to take another position even if you were selected for another position if your manager doesn't approve you won't be able to transfer. You always have to ask permission from your manager. My manager at my Dept won't let me move to another department to grow my career path what im passionate off and good at. Every time I try to move up she blocks my path to move forward. I was offered and selected for another position I had applied within Apple and she didn't gave me the permission to move.
My department takes all the highest executive escalation calls and help other departments and we are the only Dept that gets less paid and not treated equally as other departments compensation and holidays.

The hardest part of my job is having a bad manager.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
low salary
Busy company that needs to improve work life balance
Developer Support Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2018
Apple is a high profile fortune 500 company. There are alot of high qualified people that work here. This can make career advancement tough. I feel that management for the most part is poor and disconnected from their employees and the department they manage. Apple didn't seem to be interested in training but instead more interested in what you already know (this may be because of the high amount of well qualified people that already work there) . I have only worked in Applecare. I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
hard to advance outside of Applecare, Poor management
Fun, fast paced work environment
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 26, 2018
I literally get along with everyone at work and actually enjoy my job. First job that I woke up to and did not complain about going in. Part timers get benefits which is great! and the benefits are the cheapest I have ever seen to be totally honest. There is always room for advancement. A typical day is talking with customers and troubleshooting there needs and getting them ready for a repair. Usually It is so fast paced it is already time for break.
Pros
Benefits, work culture, team members, pay, flexibility, time off request
Cons
transitioning from part time to full time for me but it really is not a con just a personal con
Productive, challenging, and fun work environment.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CADecember 31, 2018
Great company culture with opportunities to develop and grow in a sales, business, operations, education, or technical driven environment. The benefits are unmatched for the retail level, and the work environment gives off more than just being a retail store. It's a hub of smart and like minded individuals that cooperate and collaborate to give a much smoother customer and peer to peer interaction.
Pros
Benefits, great work environment, training provided for all fields
Cons
Potential lack of management support
Fast paced and loud, but great team relationships
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2018
The culture of Apple is what makes it special. Your teams are the backbone of everything you do. Be prepared to be surrounded by people in a noisy chaotic environment because it's rarely slow. Technology is a part of our everyday lives, so when things go wrong people get really nasty. Customers will yell, threaten, steal and overall treat you like garbage a lot of the time. The benefits are nice even for part time, but the pay doesn't make up for the stress of the working environment or the people you have to deal with. There is next to no room for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay and no room for advancement
Its a good job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
Pros: Good pay, good benefits, good culture and atmosphere. Great place to work if you're passionate about technology or the arts. Great place to work if you're not passionate about those things and just want to pay your bills. My store was the busiest ones in the world(no exaggeration), as a result, management tried to create an atmosphere that makes you feel appreciated.
Cons: I don't know if this applies to every apple store, but the volume of people who come in for help can be overwhelming. Because of how society is, so many people's lives are built into these devices and if things go wrong they might scream, curse, or cry and honestly, some of their situations might make you cry . You'll definitely have widows, widowers etc coming in asking you to recover entire family photo albums or voicemails from deceased husbands and wives that they accidentally erased, and there will be times when you can't help them. It can be heartbreaking and things like that can wear on you.
Pros
terrific benefits, great culture, good pay, managers that care
Cons
emotional investment required can take toll
The culture at Apple has changed
Senior Support Specialist/Backfill Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Apple used to pride itself as the best company to work for because they were "different". However in the last 4-5 years it has become very typically corporate. When I began it was different as it had all the best aspects of a small company feel with the job security of a large corporation.

I will say that the benefits are very good. Time off is about average for lower management and lower. Pay is the low side of normal, which in my opinion, is unfortunate. Apple prides themselves on the best customer support for their devices and services, however, they do not compensate their low end employees as such.
Pros
Hour lunches, decent time off, can be fun at times
Cons
Lower end of normal pay, big corporation feel, promotions are more based on who you know instead of achievement
The best that retail can get
Product Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 26, 2018
Apple is a trillion dollar company, and a good one to work for. It is an easy job if you are an extroverted individual that uses Apple products. It is also a great place to work if you are currently in school or have another occupation. The benefits and pay surpass general retail stores (especially if you are a full time employee). However, there is a lack of development when transitioning to different roles as well as the corporate world. I definitely recommend that this company be used as a stepping stone towards bigger and better things.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance (Dental, Vision and Health), Paid Time Off, Stocks, Discounts, Paid transportation to and from work, Gym membership reimbursement
Cons
Stressful environment, micromanagement from managers, lack of development, favoritism of employees, no work life balance
Unique Customer Experience
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2018
At Apple, their main concern is with the customer and making sure they get the greatest experience buying the product. No one day is alike. Management cares about you and the work life balance and the hardest part about the job is the stressful high paced environment. There's lots of competition for full time positions and for the most part, everyone gets along with each other. I found the best parts of working there are the benefits you get as well as how much Apple contributes to local communities and charities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, job culture
Cons
High paced environment, stressful, competitive
Great Company, Okay to work for
Technical Advisor Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 11, 2018
Apple used to be a great company to work for, but the culture has changed a lot. The one REALLY, REALLY good thing about Apple is the benefits. I don't think there are very many companies that can match the benefits. The pay is relatively good, but unless you know how to work the system, there is no opportunity for advancement. I would only consider working for Apple again if it was in a Retail Store or at a campus in a development or team capacity, and not in technical support. Technical support relies to heavily on metrics, and metrics rely too heavily on 1/10th of your actual work. It simply doesn't account for the "real" work that you put in.
Fast paced, high stress, collaborative, repetitive
Senior Manager of Retail (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 7, 2018
Career growth in Retail is limited after entry level management. Internal promotions have decreased drastically over the past three years. Experience is variable based on your regional (market leader) manager.

Overall Apple Retail offers a great first or last career but not recommended for anyone that is not in college or looking for a job after retirement.

Pay is strong for the job scope but benefits (stock) has reduced drastically over the years.

I've had a good experience, but cultural changes have impacted the employee experience negatively over the past three years.
Great place to work while you're young
Creative Pro (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 18, 2018
Fantastic benefits, competitive pay, exhilarating place to work... At first. Burn out is inevitable. They either over leverage their top performers, or slow-cook their lowest performers until they leave. Either way, it's painful. If hired, enjoy the first 18 months, that's the honeymoon phase... It's all downhill after that.
Pros
Good pay, insane benefits, tons of co-workers to network with
Cons
Conflicting management team that is huge, inevitable burnout
Woking at apple
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2018
Great place to work. Great people,perks and benefits.
Work/life balance is horrible, but they do try to accommodate your schedule as must as possible. There is a lot of politics around getting promoted. So you have to play the politics game.
Pros
People, Perks, Benefits, Environment, Stocks
Cons
Work/life Balance, Promotions, Yearly Compensation
Incredible culture
Genius (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
The experience alone is worth working at Apple
The pay starts off low, but if you put in the hard work you'll move up the ladder quickly and get paid better as time goes on.
The benefits alone make the pay a whole lot more valuable
Be ready to work hard, learn everyday and work with some incredible people
Had the best management team
Pros
Culture, Experience
Cons
Pay, hard to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
53.3K
42K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight