Apple Employee Reviews

Great place to learn about yourself
Lead Sales Expert/ Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
8 years flew by. I was getting too comfortable and had to grow. I miss the Steve Jobs days and they hired many people very fast that don't fully know the culture. Still awesome. Once you leave you will miss how much Apple spoiled you. Politics definitely gets in the way of every workplace and you will have those managers that will drive you crazy. Overall...life changing for the better and very inclusive and your voice matters.
not the best but not the worst
TECH SUPPORT REP TIER 1 (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 18, 2018
the job is not for you if you have children its not flexible if you would like knowledge on technology or are good with technology you would be a good fit
AppleCare - Great for the Unmarried/No Family
Tier 2 Mac & iOS Advisor (Remote Position) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
Apple pays above average for call-center work and generally requires no prior experience. However, Apple is such a large company that advancement opportunities are scarce, and unless you are doing the work of 3 jobs, you are not considered for promotions.

Apple's attendance and PTO policies are refreshing and beneficial, and there are routine bonuses and rewards for longevity and good work.

There are limited overtime opportunities—"the needs of the business" is the common saying—which means when it is offered, it is on a "mandatory-not-mandatory" basis and is technically not allowed to impact annual performance/merit increases and yet it definitely factors in.

For those with families or outside commitments, the work-life balance is difficult to maintain, and the changing policies internally about how to resolve situations is becoming more and more about the bottom line and less about stellar customer service, leaving to a very sour taste in one's mouth at the end of the day.

Change is the rule, not the exception—in my first two years, I had 6 different team managers, and this is not uncommon, as one is often shifted in to different queues or skill groups based on "the needs of the business" and without regard for one's interests or skills. Get stuck with a bad manager and it practically ends your career, get grouped with a good one and you will shoot to the moon if they don't promote them first for being so great.
Cool for retail
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 18, 2018
As far as retail it’s foesnt get much better. The starting rate is good, there’s growth opportunities from within, it’s a culture that’s close knit but professional and there are plenty of work perks!
Pros
Free food during meetings, discounts
Cons
Pay rate
Great environment and amazing core values
Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The training are available for each person to take their development in their own hands. This company is full of resources for professional development and growth.
Fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 18, 2018
Fun working there People where friendly good environment. No drama workplace. Work was easy. I just wish the would pay more money then I would of stayed
Enjoyed the company and the people
Worldwide Business Intelligence Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at apple started as a contractor and enjoyed my 10 years. I was given the oppertunity to grow and be pushed to develop news skills and knowledge.

I would certainly return if an oppertunity arose.
Great place to work!
iOS Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
As an iOS Technician, a lot of work is put on your shoulders and it feels like it'll never let up during the workday. While I was there, there were a lot of changes going on and a lot of stress was added on top of advisors. Many people lost their jobs on their own volition simply due to the stress added.

However, that said, this was years ago. Today? I don't know. But while I was there before those changes, it was a great place to work remotely. Fun atmosphere, great pay, great people. Lot of innovative minds.

Hope they backtracked on the workload they put on them.
Pros
Everything other than below!
Cons
None really. Other than workload never lets up for the most part (when I worked there)
Great employees, no work/life balance
Apple Certified Mac Technician (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 18, 2018
You will meet amazing people while working at Apple. The compensation and hours however do not in any way match the high stress and demands of the role. If you have prior technical expertise, lower your expectations for this job drastically. Take measures to avoid burnout. Your education, skills, time and sanity are much more valuable elsewhere.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
No set schedule, high stress, unreasonable metrics
Middle management didn't handle personal life issues well
Senior Localization Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 18, 2018
I had a tough time during my tenure at Apple for a lot of reasons. Management didn't support me when I went through a difficult life transition. My work quality stayed the same, despite a lot going wrong in my personal life, but I was attacked by coworkers, and management allowed it, while I was out on an approved leave.
I had fun working with Apple since it was a home-job
Transcriptionist, Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 18, 2018
I worked as a transcriptionist from home, so I could work whenever I wanted and wherever I wanted. I could balance between my life and job. The fun part was I could work freely, like I didn't need to dress up in order to work.
Great company
Customer Service, Technician, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
The culture at the store was very uplifiting. Everyone supported each other. Communication was daily given from all the to the top of the company down to the retail employees. Voices felt heard and everyone got along for the most part.
Great Company to work
Bilingual Maps Division Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
Nice environment to work, not overwhelming job, relax, opportunity to exercise, learning experience superb.
My experience was short since it was a one year deal to improve the the specific tool.
Apple is good if you’re a people person
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
Apple offers outstanding benefits and works with great products. However if you are going into a technical support role and are not a people person, keep in mind that a apple is a very large company. There are a lot of customers. This translates into a lot of social interaction with so many different types of people that for someone severely introverted his could become a problem.
Apple <3
Apple Advisor/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 17, 2018
Loved working for an Apple Vendor site. Will be very happy when I get a chance to work at an actual Apple building. Moved back to California to be around family and to work with Apple. Currently trying to get in one of the only two Apple official call centers in the US. (Sacramento Ca,) I love the products and their ideals. The environment was super friendly and relaxed. No judgement what so ever. Work was fun to do and I also loved talking to the customers all around the world as well....
Apple
Creative/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2018
Apple is an amazing place to work. Its fun, fast paced and has great benefits. Management could be better. There is a lot of micro managing. They have fair breaks, hour lunch, and fair pay. If you don't like crowds this isn't the place for you.
great job
Tier 1 Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 17, 2018
i loved working for apple
learned a lot about ipads, ipods, iphones and macs
it was fast paced so unlimited calls in queue
it was a great job but hard work
For the single and unaware
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
Apple is NOT the best place if you have a family. Also, ALL who work in the Family Room are under paid. Especially, for the New York City market.

The product speaks for itself and the team are far more qualified then the title is given to them. Bumping up the pay and better scheduling would knock it out the park.
Pros
Benefits, the staff, and the interesting customers (never boring).
Cons
Scheduling time off
Great Company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
I'm sure I am echoing plenty of others when I mention how great it was to work at Apple. The benefits, the culture, what the company believes, etc. is all the best of the best.
Pros
Always busy, Discounts, Benefits, Service
Cons
Always busy
Fun work place
Supervisor, IBEX Global (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 17, 2018
IBEX provided a very fun, relaxed environment based on Apple's policies. The guidelines were made clear to us and we had plenty of training. We were able to ask questions whenever needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.8K
41.7K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Apple.