Apple

Found 3,962 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,575 reviews
retailproductapplecareculturetechnicaltechnologyamazingbenefit

The Best Job Ever

Featured review

Apple selected this as a representative review
Working at Apple was a great experience. Work never felt like work because I loved what I did and I loved interacting with the public. The store was always electric, although others may say crazy. I'd say electric because the experience was exhilarating. The managers were all great and they were never above doing what they asked of their employees. The benefits and pay were amazing for a part time job. Working for a company with a brand such as Apple and experience to match that brand made me want to stay forever. This is a job I truly miss and I am thankful for the opportunity that I was given!

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Parking

Senior Advisor

Great company to work for excellent benefits would have preferred to have a little bit more work life balance but you the stock options and benefits were amazing

Apple insights

Based on 4,318 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Exactly what you expect

It was a great company to work for 20 years ago. Not sure how it’s being run today but it was a really good experience in retail except the occasional bullying between staff.

Work somewhere else

Working from home was great. They had plenty of opportunity to network virtual. Some even got the opportunity to travel onsite. Scheduling is terrible. You will never have a weekend off. You are required to work one weekend day. Scheduling bidding is never really explained. After several years of service you can still end up with the most ridiculous schedule. They are laying off work from because they want you to move to one of their call centers. So job security working from home has now become insecure. The only good thing I can say about the company is during the pandemic they took great care of their employees.

Enjoyable

Loved my teammates and meeting new people every day. You get to work on your social skills and are always learning something new which was very valuable.

Exciting

Working for Apple means you can work for any company in the world. Being able to say you’ve worked for a company with such high caliber is amazing. It takes a while to get in initially but once you’re there there are tons of benefits and you’re able to understand the company and it’s operations better.

Unsafe work environment

I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. The management team is insidious and multiple team members have transferred to begin unionizing due to things that have happened here.

It was a good entry level GIS role

It was a good entry level GIS role. There was a lot to learn however it was mostly using Apple's in house software which didn't provide much growth in the area of ArcGIS softwares.

Pros

It was a good entry level GIS role

Cons

Low pay, large company

What is the best part of working at the company?The company, people I worked with and management. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with some of the customers who were upset about an older product not working properly. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company and culture was great. Very diversified. What is a typical day like for you at the company?In my case it was working with customers In introducing them to new products or features of the products. Or I could be helping figuring out what is wrong with the product they brought in and getting the right person that can help them best.

Great Workplace, Shaky Management

Great workplace environment and customer base however, management was somewhat disorganized and unfit to lead the team most effectively. Great opportunity for growth or advancement of role outside this location.

Good job

I answer the phone for sales department at Apple Inc. work from home position. Not the best pay but one of the better companies I’ve worked for. Good at home job.

fun place to work

good balance of work and fun, great coworkers and laid back environment. very casual atmosphere and flexible days if you have an emergency pop up, great overall

not great

bad management chaos . basic pay. dont expect much of a promotion. medical insurance is bad. no time for lunch. no over time except when its crunch time.

Pros

snacks

Cons

no breaks

Retail is retail.

Retail, for everybody, is probably the worst kinda job out there. Working at Apple Retail is the best of the worst. Pros: • good pay compared to other retailers. • coworkers got your back, and the managers, for the most part, are very supportive when it comes to customer-facing conflicts.• benefits are crazy, discounts on Apple products are the best employee-discounts I've seen.cons:• if you want a promotion, or want to be noticed, you have to meet a quota, just like retail. you have to make sure you're selling iphones with applecare. that's all they care about. they WILL NOT keep you if you do not meet these standards, otherwise you're just another seasonal to them. I left because of this.• you will meet the most obnoxious, self-righteous, and snobby customers in your life when you work there. because of this, it's probably one of the most stressful retail jobs because you're working for a big company and customers' products and data are very sensitive.• absolutely no WLB. as a temporary/seasonal employee, you have to work on the weekends, plus any two weekdays. it's usually always slammed, and as a seasonal you'll be thrown the worst shifts (1-10p, 2-11p). If you have school, do not try to work here. My store manager forced my coworker to choose either school or work. • coworkers can be great, but some will not want to be your friend at all. they want the promotion as bad as everybody else, so it can result in a toxic work environment.

Great Benefits, but no support.

I have worked for them for 2 years. They are not progressive enough. Anyone that wants to WFH is pushed out and given ultimatums. Leadership was terrible.

Never quiting

Best company I've ever worked for. Benefits are extremely generous. Career development available. Pay is great. Stock plan and 401k are generous as well.

There is no flexibility of work life balance.

There is no flexibility of work life balance, stringent work from office culture. Extremely secretive even within/across teams, no career growth as a result.

Fair treatment

3yrs decent raise structure, sometimes bad managers just have to hope for best. The hours were flexible at times and I had decent vacation days, but not enough

Fine if you are a people person

I was a seasonal specialist. It was fine. Pay was the most I had had to that point. There were sales quotas, which is annoying. No one NEEDS an apple watch. Covid happened and I found a WFH position just in time.

Super fun and caring management

Literally got no complaints about Apple, a phenomenal place to work, great balance with work and real world and lots of nice incentives and company does a lot for its employees and community

Lack of accommodations

Not the most sustainable job if you have seasonal depression. I suffered a lot in combination with being neurodivergent. Depending on the management and environment specific to your store it can be fun at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Apple with

• Apple
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?