Apple

United States9,217 reviews

Clear

Found 2,797 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,569 reviews
retailproductapplecareculturetechnicaltechnologyamazingbenefit

Can be great but also overwhelming

The job security is really nice to have, especially during covid. The benefits apple offers are also some of the best you can get. Great people as well and management actually listens and helps.

Pros

Benefits, feeling like a valued team member, managers who care

Cons

Work can get overwhelming sometimes, pay could be better

Unsafe work environment

I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. The management team is insidious and multiple team members have transferred to begin unionizing due to things that have happened here.

Apple insights

Based on 4,315 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Top Recommended Job

Like every job, there's going to be ups and downs. But one thing I can say that this job has a lot more ups. Management really cares about your involvement in the company and your personal well being.

Pros

Caters food sometimes, benefits, management really cares

Cons

Can be difficult to advance

Good people, poor management

No day is the same and if you like a fast paced environment this is the place for you. If corporate would listen to employee feedback and actively try to make the culture better I do believe the retention would be better.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company, people I worked with and management. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with some of the customers who were upset about an older product not working properly. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company and culture was great. Very diversified. What is a typical day like for you at the company?In my case it was working with customers In introducing them to new products or features of the products. Or I could be helping figuring out what is wrong with the product they brought in and getting the right person that can help them best.

Fast Paced

Great Workplace, Shaky Management

Great workplace environment and customer base however, management was somewhat disorganized and unfit to lead the team most effectively. Great opportunity for growth or advancement of role outside this location.

Phenomenal culture and job security

Honestly the best company I’ve ever worked for. They truly care about they’re employees. It’s more than just words with them. They genuinely take care of their people.

Pros

Cons

Non

not great

bad management chaos . basic pay. dont expect much of a promotion. medical insurance is bad. no time for lunch. no over time except when its crunch time.

Pros

snacks

Cons

no breaks

Retail is retail.

Retail, for everybody, is probably the worst kinda job out there. Working at Apple Retail is the best of the worst. Pros: • good pay compared to other retailers. • coworkers got your back, and the managers, for the most part, are very supportive when it comes to customer-facing conflicts.• benefits are crazy, discounts on Apple products are the best employee-discounts I've seen.cons:• if you want a promotion, or want to be noticed, you have to meet a quota, just like retail. you have to make sure you're selling iphones with applecare. that's all they care about. they WILL NOT keep you if you do not meet these standards, otherwise you're just another seasonal to them. I left because of this.• you will meet the most obnoxious, self-righteous, and snobby customers in your life when you work there. because of this, it's probably one of the most stressful retail jobs because you're working for a big company and customers' products and data are very sensitive.• absolutely no WLB. as a temporary/seasonal employee, you have to work on the weekends, plus any two weekdays. it's usually always slammed, and as a seasonal you'll be thrown the worst shifts (1-10p, 2-11p). If you have school, do not try to work here. My store manager forced my coworker to choose either school or work. • coworkers can be great, but some will not want to be your friend at all. they want the promotion as bad as everybody else, so it can result in a toxic work environment.

Great Benefits, but no support.

I have worked for them for 2 years. They are not progressive enough. Anyone that wants to WFH is pushed out and given ultimatums. Leadership was terrible.

There is no flexibility of work life balance.

There is no flexibility of work life balance, stringent work from office culture. Extremely secretive even within/across teams, no career growth as a result.

Fun and hectic at times

Can be fun due to the outgoing personalities of co workers, but also stressful about meeting numbers and staff to customer ratio sometimes.

Not the best

Sucks management is awful. Lots of drama in the workplace. Group calls are a waste of time. Constantly getting drilled by the leads at the store for not selling a product

Lack of accommodations

Not the most sustainable job if you have seasonal depression. I suffered a lot in combination with being neurodivergent. Depending on the management and environment specific to your store it can be fun at times.

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits are golden.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Total lack of opportunity unless you are willing to pack up and move to either Austin, TX or North Carolina. Overall direction of the support side of the company changes radically every four or five months. Most team managers have little to zero front line experience.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s great if you work at the main campus. If you are in retail or AppleCare, you are nothing more than meat. Just a butt in a seat. Mgmt has zero respect for front-line hourly employees.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I worked in support over social media channels. One any given day I might have been writing or editing Twitter responses or working with power users in the old user forums.

Good

Apple's benefits are unmatched. No matter the appointment, I never had to pay a copay and rarely ever got bills in the mail. I now work at a Fortune 500 publicly traded company, and the insurance is mid compared to Apple's. The call-off and leave time policies and procedures are quick and easy.Managers rarely reached out when I called in, and that made me feel like it was okay to have a life outside of my desk.With AAPL being such a large international company, the room for growth is there, but don't expect to immediately get an executive level promotion.As with any large company, some bad Apples slip through. My first manager was an angel. My last one - not at all.Pay could be better.. I started at $15 as an advisor and 2 years later I was at about $18-20.

Interesting but tiring

Better than most retail jobs. Great workplace culture and management got the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.

easy

chill environment to work at. was very stressful when it is high capacity like after work. Holidays are the worst place to work out, I would avoid retail if you can't handle stress

It was a productive work place but it was still bad, I believe that Apple needs to care more for their employees also and not only focus on the customer

A typical large company

Pros

Benefits, Passport, Company discounts, Espp, stock gifts

Cons

entitled customers, but that's everywhere. Pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Apple with

• Apple
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?