Apple

Found 3,051 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,599 reviews
retailproductapplecareculturetechnicaltechnologyamazingbenefit

The Best Job Ever

Featured review

Apple selected this as a representative review
Working at Apple was a great experience. Work never felt like work because I loved what I did and I loved interacting with the public. The store was always electric, although others may say crazy. I'd say electric because the experience was exhilarating. The managers were all great and they were never above doing what they asked of their employees. The benefits and pay were amazing for a part time job. Working for a company with a brand such as Apple and experience to match that brand made me want to stay forever. This is a job I truly miss and I am thankful for the opportunity that I was given!

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Parking

Wow

Good overall great company working conditions are fine I would definitely recommend it if you are a student you will definitely get an accomodation schedule

Apple insights

Based on 4,322 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Good job

Free lunch 😊 free breaks. just a good place to work .only bad part u have to go home . And u don’t get paid if u go home, so u really have 8 hrs of fun than back to ur boring broke life

Supportive; Family environment

Its a lot of information to pick up on but the team at Charleston is always there to support you and its truly a team atmosphere. Coworkers are down to earth. Good Pay and benefits.

Senior Advisor

Great company to work for excellent benefits would have preferred to have a little bit more work life balance but you the stock options and benefits were amazing

Environment

Great benefits, room to grown, flexible scheduling. Non commission based. Pretty good pay for a retail job. No drug test. Inclusion of different co workers

A Cry for Help

A new product emerged within the company and it was forced upon us, the account executives, to be the BDRs for the product with an inadequate compensation structure. It's being shoved down SMBs throats with costs that are inappropriate for businesses of that size and the reps being put on plans if the numbers are not obtained. Quotas are starting to become unattainable with zero insight on how they are created although it's been asked to expose this from the reps. There are TWO CRMs being used with duplication of the same records to be inputted taking up time. The hyper-growth of hiring QoQ is starting to reflect in reps books were worked through accounts appear more and more leading to dead-ends, but the same quotas expected.

Pros

large earning potential and food, thats literally it

Cons

Hard to become Full Time

Exciting

Working for Apple means you can work for any company in the world. Being able to say you’ve worked for a company with such high caliber is amazing. It takes a while to get in initially but once you’re there there are tons of benefits and you’re able to understand the company and it’s operations better.

Great place

I loved it! Best job I ever had and I would definitely go back in a heart beat if I could. Good pay, good people. N I

Fun and Productive place to work

I enjoyed the flexible schedule, discounted products, tuition reimbursement, free metrocard. The healthcare benefits are amazing and I rarely paid a co-pay. Leadership is easy to talk to.

Top Recommended Job

Like every job, there's going to be ups and downs. But one thing I can say that this job has a lot more ups. Management really cares about your involvement in the company and your personal well being.

Pros

Caters food sometimes, benefits, management really cares

Cons

Can be difficult to advance

Greedy company that hardly pays

You don't make really much commission and its mainly hourly pay while their company is the richest in the world. Talk about pay inequality in the field it's ridiculous . We can easily make a much more better pay but they are greedy .

not great

bad management chaos . basic pay. dont expect much of a promotion. medical insurance is bad. no time for lunch. no over time except when its crunch time.

Pros

snacks

Cons

no breaks

Retail is retail.

Retail, for everybody, is probably the worst kinda job out there. Working at Apple Retail is the best of the worst. Pros: • good pay compared to other retailers. • coworkers got your back, and the managers, for the most part, are very supportive when it comes to customer-facing conflicts.• benefits are crazy, discounts on Apple products are the best employee-discounts I've seen.cons:• if you want a promotion, or want to be noticed, you have to meet a quota, just like retail. you have to make sure you're selling iphones with applecare. that's all they care about. they WILL NOT keep you if you do not meet these standards, otherwise you're just another seasonal to them. I left because of this.• you will meet the most obnoxious, self-righteous, and snobby customers in your life when you work there. because of this, it's probably one of the most stressful retail jobs because you're working for a big company and customers' products and data are very sensitive.• absolutely no WLB. as a temporary/seasonal employee, you have to work on the weekends, plus any two weekdays. it's usually always slammed, and as a seasonal you'll be thrown the worst shifts (1-10p, 2-11p). If you have school, do not try to work here. My store manager forced my coworker to choose either school or work. • coworkers can be great, but some will not want to be your friend at all. they want the promotion as bad as everybody else, so it can result in a toxic work environment.

Never quiting

Best company I've ever worked for. Benefits are extremely generous. Career development available. Pay is great. Stock plan and 401k are generous as well.

Fair treatment

3yrs decent raise structure, sometimes bad managers just have to hope for best. The hours were flexible at times and I had decent vacation days, but not enough

Great benefits

Fun place to work. Hours are terrible and sometimes they can be flexible while you’re in school. Holiday hours can make your shift go by fast but can take away from family life

Best work experience by far.

Plenty of opportunities to explore new roles and learn new skills. Benefits are great. Interviews are tough. Interview technique was the biggest thing holding me back. But I’ve learned so much.

Controlled chaos

Great benefits, middling pay, absolutely physically and mentally grueling.The Operations team (or “Backstage”) is so behind-the-scenes that leadership tends not to notice you. This makes it difficult to move up in the company, as even extremely good metrics will prompt them to ask for more. The physical demands of the job left me in pain after nearly every shift. (And at the end of the day, it’s still retail, so don’t bother trying to develop normal sleep patterns.)

Productive and fun workplace.

I left for personal reasons.Apple was a great place to work. The paid training was very useful. The training Staff was exemplary. Disability accommodation was provided.

Pros

Candy distributed during shifts

Cons

Short breaks, long lunch.

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits are golden.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Total lack of opportunity unless you are willing to pack up and move to either Austin, TX or North Carolina. Overall direction of the support side of the company changes radically every four or five months. Most team managers have little to zero front line experience.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s great if you work at the main campus. If you are in retail or AppleCare, you are nothing more than meat. Just a butt in a seat. Mgmt has zero respect for front-line hourly employees.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I worked in support over social media channels. One any given day I might have been writing or editing Twitter responses or working with power users in the old user forums.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Apple.
Powered byComparably

Compare Apple with

• Apple
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?