AppleOne Employee Reviews

Found 2,214 reviews matching the search See all 2,354 reviews
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2018
I loved my temporary placement but the management at the temp service was unprofessional and hard to reach. My assignment wanted to extend my contract and they didn’t respond in time even after my site manager sent the email weeks in advance. They did not tell me that I started work. I had to call the company. They didn’t even send me my payroll information until it was almost payday, then I had to rush to submit the information to get a check. I would never work for the company again. Had it not been for the fact that I was pregnant, I would’ve quit immediately.
Pros
Management is hands off, flexible.
Cons
Management sucks, no benefits
Behind the times
Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 7, 2019
Worked internally for many years. Management of employees seems progressive on paper, but in reality they are way behind the times in many areas. Turnover is very high; I feel they need to reengineer their employee culture.
Pros
Great benefits
An Assignment with a Major Discount Retailer
Risk Management Consultant at 99 Cent Only Stores (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 14, 2018
9-6 Monday through Friday.Gained additional information and training for career goals. Culture was dictated by the assignment. The environment provided by the Client for my assignment was great. The hardest part of the assignment is that it can end at any time. The Client was interesting, fast paced, and, on the whole, had great employees.
Very upbeat enviroment and fast paced.
STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work consist of lots of outbound calls to recruit POTENTIAL CANDIDATES for job postings. Interviewing appointments, a morning meeting and an 4pm meeting to discuss your beginning goals and your ending result of your production for the day. Management is always there to assist and guide. The workplace culture was very upbeat and fun, everyone was always so helpful. The hardest part of the job was placing the candidates at a job posting because there were so many candidates elected for one position through many of our recruiters that the percentage was very slim on getting your one candidate a spot on the decision list. I learned how the staffing agency works and loved that I had the control of placing people in there dream jobs or just to be that go to person for support. Overall I loved the staffing Agency Industry.
Pros
support and training paid
Cons
health care a little high
Great!
Junior Administration (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
My location in particular had fabulous management! This company really cares about there employees and has lots of opportunities for pay raise. They were also great at meeting scheduling needs for me. I am a very busy person and sometimes can't work a lot. But they are amazing at accommodating hours for my crazy schedule. This is a great first job!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Breaks
Not a good assignment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230June 19, 2018
The assignment was with state government and was very bland in environment. The job culture was non-existent at the place. The job itself was fast paced call-center work with little to no time to yourself. The job itself is basically talking to actually upset people with their livelihoods being flipped upside or actually telling them good news. The hardest part is the toll this takes on you after awhile, and honestly the environment does not help at all. There really isn't any enjoyable bits about the job as the pay is low, you had to wait 6 months before actually being hired with the company (with benefits being offered), and the very bland environment is a toxic mixture.
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, little pay, and horrible environment.
Dynamic, and productive.
Inventory Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2019
It is an excellent company. Their workplace culture and management are to date. I have learned lots through working for them. They are dynamic/fun.
It's a temp
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Contra Costa County, CAJanuary 15, 2019
A temp agency does what it does to the simplest degree. Agencies are a great way of getting a quick job easily, however it is no means long-term solution with little-to-no benefits and lower pay.
Pros
Quick hiring
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, first one fired
Great workplace
Account Executive/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 6, 2018
Work at your own pace, great work environment, awesome work life balance, bonus & compensation is lacking. Manager was very understanding and helpful.
Senior Cost Analyst
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 27, 2018
Madrona Specialty Food is a manufacturing company of various “Artisanal Crackers and cookies” in their plant in Tukwila, WA and Charlotte, NC.

• Responsible to check product batches on daily basis to compare the yield, actual cost allocation with standard cost and notify the variances to concern plant authority.
• Responsible to close the month end by allocating cost to each batch and preparing various reports to the management on production yield, labor allocation and comparison of profit & loss with last year.
• Responsible to reconcile inventory from system to actual on monthly basis.
• Responsible to check periodically the product weight and package weight per standard.
Organized workplace.
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 11, 2018
General place to work. Proper rest breaks. Proper meal break. No raises in salary unfortunately. Sick days are provided. No holiday lunches. Nothing special.
Professional an
Administrative Assistant, Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2018
Apple One met my needs and was able to place me promptly in a job that best suited my abilities and salary range. The staff is professional and well educated on the job demand within the community and finding suitable candidates for placement. Work Days were typical of any professional setting, I was able to acquire new skills in my placements that will better aid my Profession and job seeking. Management is always eager to assist..
Good Service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I worked only on temporary assignments. Salary varies .
But, I was happy with my Recruiter...she is a very nice person. However, there is no future for me there....I need a permanent job and better salary. I have over 15 years experience as an Administrative Assistant and I would like to relocate too.
a place where you temp to hire
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 6, 2018
good management, good working conditions, not much of a job selection at the time, your manager was (most of the time) aware of other job opportunities and would ask if you would prefer to have the better job (but only if you have been with the company for a while)
Pros
some benefits, not much
Cons
not many job titles to select from (take what is offered)
AppleOne has a very structured environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
For someone who is new to recruiting, AppleOne does provide a strong training program to get your career started. The people there are competitive and friendly. Always willing to help a co-worker out.
Pros
Fast paced, fun environment
Cons
Some of the contest are a bit much.
Led to believe I'd get work regularly upon registration. That didn't happen.
TEMPORARY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 5, 2019
The first assignment I received was a 2 day assignment. The other temps and I re-packaged bracelets in cello bags for shipment to the merchant. Very simple work, it would be difficult to mess up. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't been placed anywhere that would require any brains or skills at all. It's been a few years since my last paid employment, but the skills I learned then are still with me now. I'd like to use them. The next assignment I received was stuffing envelopes for 4 hours 1 day and 4 hours the next. My staffing manager gave me less than an hour to get ready and get there, but I made it!! I haven't received any other assignments to date.
Pros
Goody bags from client upon assignment completion
Cons
Never permanent positions
Temporary agency
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2018
Competitive salary and flexible hours for an employment agency. Never had any problems and the staff is very helpful. Needs to have more jobs available though.
Fun place to work, however sometimes there is not stability
EXHIBITOR SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2019
I personally liked working thru AppleOne because it is one of the best staffing agencies around. The one in Cali pays way more and jobs are plentiful. Las Vegas has a drought on jobs and they don't pay as much as Cali and they are not as stable as Cali.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Not always stable
Staffing Agency
Customer Service/Admin/Gate Backup (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98134November 22, 2018
Does contract to hire positions. Culture and everything depends on where you are placed. The recruiters are salespeople at heart, and you have to be proactive.
Pros
Great for new experiences
Cons
Can be difficult to get a permanent position.
Satisfied
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262July 6, 2018
I enjoyed my assignment, but with any contracted position. I was very unhappy once my assignment had been completed. The environment was fast paced. I was able to learn the logistics of working at a trucking company. The workplace culture was very diverse. The truck drivers were very patient and kind. The hardest but challenging part of the job was keeping up with the fast paced demands of the job. The most enjoyable part appreciated by my employer was my hard work and dedication, I was able to provide within the company.
Pros
Given the opportunity to learn the logistics of working in a trucking environment.
Cons
The assigned position ended due to company merge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AppleOne. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AppleOne.

Powered by Comparably