Applebee's

United States16,606 reviews

Found 16,606 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,240 reviews
applebee'sapplebeesguserveramazecustomhourapplebee’s

A Learning Experience

It is a great place to learn to bartend and get up on your feet to progress on to other places. The way my experience was with this place/company was that I could work here and learn my basics on what to do and what not to do as a server and Bartender. Overall the guest at my area where very nice and down to earth people. I hear this isn't the case in every other applebee's since there are many bad experiences but in my location they are good people. Co-workers are nice and cool, Management was terrible and still is. They don't know anything and are lost all the time. Servers end up teaching them and so on. But take away management and its not a bad place to start of with and learn your basics.

Pros

Leaning Basics, Money (Bartending), Nice/Good Guest

Cons

Management, Locations of the company

Great place to learn

Flexible scheduling and great people to work with that will become lifelong friends. It’s fun meeting new guests and getting to know them. Hours are the worst part.

Applebee's insights

Based on 7,955 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Productive fun fast

It was pretty fun kept me busy all day super packed very clean I preferred to work mornings less stressful but pretty fun place to work at if you’re asking me

It was a fun place to work

I had plenty of regulars I closed every single night I knew what my customers wanted we had a good time the whole restaurant sing me happy birthday one year gave me guess I missed my people

Pros

Cons

No breaks

Fun place to work and you can make decent money.

Fun place to work with cool coworkers and you can make decent money. They are flexible with your schedule. I just wouldn’t recommend it long term because you can get burned out mentally with this job sometimes (serving).

Corporate does not care!

Since corporate doesn't care about its employees neither does the management.If your looking to make great tips! I can say after working at several locations that's just not going to happen. The average tip from Applebee's clientele is 7 to 10%, and you have to tip out 3% of your sales from your tips to the host, bar, and cooks.

Pros

Depending on the manager, you might get 50% off your meal.

Cons

No respect from management, about 2 years ago instead of corporate paying cooks more on their experience, They decided they all get the same rate of pay and the servers are required to tip them

Decent

It was a pretty decent place to work. The costumers were rude but it’s food service for you so no surprises. I personally don’t like the food service industry.

Fun workplace

Manager and coworkers are incredibly helpful and outgoing. It feels more like a home away from home then a job at time even on bad and busy nights it’s a fun place to be.

fast paced, over worked, low pay

it was okay working here. the pay was extremely low for the amount of work. we were short staffed all the time, people would just quit and walk out mid shift. i had to do multiple jobs at a time because of this—basically running back and forth between dishwasher and fry cook. also, there’s no end time for the night shift. it all depends on how busy it is and how fast you can clean up. they’re strict about lateness and attendance.

Pros

lots of hours

Cons

stressful, under paid, overworked

Problem solving managers & family like bond

I genuinely have enjoyed this job much more than any other so far in my 21 years of life! I came here with low energy from autistic burnout and other life situations, and they hired me right away! The managers listen to you and actually fix any problem you come to them with. I know my standards are low but man does it feel good not to have to argue with your manager about how many hours you can take! Not to mention, whenever other male coworkers have made me uncomfortable, I felt it was easy to tell my managers. Every time, they have it solved by the next time I come into work. I’m happy with each resolution my managers have been able to provide for me. Just be straightforward with your coworkers/managers and it will be an all around joyful and bonding experience back in the kitchen OR up front! I’ve recently started doing both! :) I haven’t had a raise in the 8 months I’ve been here but I’m sure once I ask, they will have a nice solution. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Pros

A free meal, support program for workers whom are struggling financially, good pay, fun place to be neurodivergent!

Cons

Sometimes hefty work, overwhelming in busy locations, a tad understaffed.

applebee’s

management was really poor, often would have schedule out late and would contradict workers. i was a host and the managers would always end up throwing you under the bus. if i started a wait list cause it got busy and i wanted to pace getting people sat, the manager would come to the front and sit everyone at once then blame me for overwhelming the kitchen. there was no consistency or back up from management. on my first few days of training, i shadowed my trainer and she was crying from stress in the back, that should’ve been a warning sign. the servers, hosts, bartenders, and cooks were all usually great, but management was a mess

Pros

discounted food, pretty lax about most things

Cons

short to no breaks, long hours, bad management

Typical serving job

This is your typical serving job, not the worst place to work in the world. When I worked there it was understaffed so I probably hated it for that reason.

Pros

Half off lunches

Cons

Short breaks, long hours

Productive and very organized clean place to work in

I enjoy working here. I call this place my second home!! My managers are great to work with and have extreme understanding towards any circumstances and prioritize any issue. It's extremely fun and I've learned alot of new things along the way. I love coming here whether it's to dine in or work!!

Pros

Free lunches and overtime

Cons

Short breaks

Good skills acquired

It was ok for restaurant experience i leavers lots of core values and skills. Guests could be a pain! Depending on management etc how well your store is ran, cuts made etc,

Expect different results at differing locations, even in same franchise, based off mgmt

Hit or miss. Some managers are great and understanding of how to run their location well while having employees backs. Others are snake like and already trying to not end up out the door them selfs and that trickles down to everyone else

It wasn't the best

Don't get me wrong I loved working there even though the pay was absolute garbage like honestly this job is one you take if you want a little pocket change not one you rely on to pay ur bills with. The staff treat each other like family but the big bosses there fire all the wrong people for the stupidest stuff. But keep on all the people who everyone staff & customers alike complain about constantly, he should have been fired 20x over with the amount of complaints they have against him. Not going to lie even I was fired because of this person's incompetence, if any other manager was on things wouldn't have gone up in flames the way they did, he over works us, disrespects us, and is just plain rude. If not for this one individual I would recommend this job to a lot of people, when he wasn't around this place was the greatest it was fun, understanding, and engaging.

is a great place to start growing

My cook position it was great the only thing in the job that was bad about it some employees don't have the temper to work under pressure so that's all about it.

It's a Restaurant

Standard restaurant job with no benefits, incompetent managers and a mix of useless and decent employees. You will not likely eat here once you realize how manufactured everything is.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Incompetence surrounds you

No growth bad management

No growth bad management, managers go on power trips,can’t call off without being yelled at, been there 10 plus years was still a line cook, Only good thing is the 401k and the food.

fun people to work with, easy money to make

I enjoy the people I work with at Applebee’s and I enjoy the job I do. It is fairly easy if you are good with people and can handle fast paced work. I would recommend working here.

Pros

discounted food, cash at the end of every day

Cons

very busy, short breaks

Easy to rack up hours

Management is very understanding, it's easy to make friends working here as long as you are personable. Hosting I did not make much money but if you move to serving, bartending, or kitchen staff you are likely to make more.

Pros

Employee of the month bonus

Cons

Same cons as any restaurant business

Common questions about Applebee's

Answered by current and former employees at Applebee's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Applebee's.
Powered byComparably