Applebee's Employee Reviews

32.8K
Found 10,057 reviews matching the search See all 10,463 reviews
I love working at Applebee's
Server (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIAugust 16, 2018
Applebee's has been one of my favorite jobs to work at so far. The management help you out when they are able to. The staff is also very friendly. The management is willing to work around my schedule when needed
Pros
Discounts on food
Great company
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 16, 2018
I worked at many different locations so not all were the same as far as the environment. I did meet a lot of people who really enjoy working for the company. I was able to meet some wonderful managers that later help me to advance in the cooking world.
Pros
Great people worked there
Cons
Bad management
Not good
Server (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 16, 2018
Applebees is a great job for someone who just got out of high school and needs a job for extra income while in school, definitely not a job you could make a good career out of.
Always something new
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 16, 2018
Every day was always different than the last. Coworkers were always helping on another, especially on busy nights. It was a fun environment to work in.
Food
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, PAAugust 15, 2018
Food is good depending on Who cooks it but the way the food is cooked to me is not healthy and managment was ok until a old manager took over and everything went down hill
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no one seriously ever covered your breaks, got in trouble because i was helping other people, rather then worrying about myself
productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Fun place to work. It can be stressful at times as with all jobs but with teamwork you make it through the stressful times.They are international and therefore you have job security.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare could be better
Good people to work with or for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMAugust 15, 2018
It can be a fun place to work especially if you like to be on your toes. It is high paced and you must be able to think quick. Can be competitive but you can make good friends.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Very competitive for servers
Fun , Fast paced.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really loved this place , I was always busy , & I was very determined to get to work everyday , that's how much I enjoyed it .
So I say if you love fun, busy fast paced working environments work here.
Not worth the low pay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Somerdale, NJAugust 14, 2018
starting off the pay was only 5.50 and tips. I loved how much traffic was in and out. One of the worst things was the scheduling. They'd either schedule two hosts at a time or 6 at once which made the tips harder to gain. (SOME) waitress/es were very rude in not picking up the plates and cups they're required to so us hosts get the short end of the stick and clean tables slower which led to slower table assigning which led to waitress/es coming up to the host stand getting mad at us for not seating guests in their section. Pay just wasn't worth the job. We do more than convenient store workers and yet we get paid less.
Pros
food discounts, sometimes the cooks gave free food
Cons
low pay, poor management
relaxed
Server (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEAugust 14, 2018
Being a host is not too difficult, but at times during a rush. There's always a time where you get behind on things and you have to work at a fast pace in order to be ready for the next customer to come in.
Pros
Amazing food options
Cons
Lots of business during midday times
Bad area
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 14, 2018
I worked in a bad location with poor management but I worked hard and did well enough for myself at the time. The experience helped mold the person I am today and taught me patience!
It's a serving job
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 14, 2018
Depending on the time of day you get you might get a really slow shift or you might get a high pace shift. You work your buts off at night and you do mostly cleaning during the day. As far as the waiting on table part of the job location will determine what kind of guests you will have. If you have a good manager that you can communicate with it'll be just fine
good beginers job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 14, 2018
great to start your learning and training experiance in the resturant busniss i have been sucessfull at my cerent standing position dude to the open communication with my suppervisors and co workers
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no opertunity for movement
It was a nice place to work. Loved my co workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYAugust 14, 2018
Serving customers
Seating the customers
Making sure everyone was happy an food was always on time..over all it was an nice place to work. Loved the co workers.
Pros
Experience working with the public
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 14, 2018
The job was very fast paced at times, it really all depended on the load of customers and at what times. Lunch and dinner times were the busiest. Overall good part time gig.
Great place to work if ou enjoy cooking, preparing, and or serving
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2018
my typical day would start off by preparing foods to be cooked and or steamed. I would start my day off buttering and salting the potatoes, and then putting them into steamer, buttering rolls then cooked. Then after that I would prepare the desserts, and follow the proportion size recommendations and how to scoop the mix in the order of process. Then I would saran wrap them and re put them back into refrigerator for later process.
Pros
you will gain knowledge
Cons
no down time.
Productive but not necessarily long term
Waitress/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 13, 2018
The Applebee's on Tara blvd was a good job for a period of time. The money however is not substantial for a long term situation. Especially not working in the mornings.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal benfits
Productive but great environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed the job just no benefits after so long and no raise after working with them 5years. Great environment to work in and no long days. Simple menu and great guest who come in.
It’s a struggle to live most times.
Neighborhood Expert (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 13, 2018
I wasted too many years of my life here hoping to advance . I struggled so hard when I worked here. It cut throat to get hours. I was promised so many things and watched as people who didn’t deserve them get them before me.
Good times had to move
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 13, 2018
I loved this job, but gave it up to marry and move to Lansing. They paid overtime for management if we worked over our 40 hours a week, which is odd for a salaried position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Applebee's.

Powered by Comparably