Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 10,557 reviews matching the search See all 10,979 reviews
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 20, 2018
I want to join back on my your teamI would love nothing more that yo xome back. My daily task where to set up the kitchen run the shift do all time and temp log and I made sure the food and quality control were okay and truck orders were straight
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Healthcare
Great for part time and college students
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAOctober 19, 2018
Great if you love fast paced restaurants as a waiter or as a second job. Tips are good but you have to keep up. Like most other restaurants regarding culture/experience/pay
somewhat productive
Host (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 19, 2018
if you like to greet people and seat people this is the job for you. When I was here I was trying to move up when I was there and I did what I needed to do to move up and never got moved up.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no production
Carhop/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 19, 2018
Productive work place. Good people that work there, i moved up fast but not fast enough. Management was all over the place and i decided to start lpoking for employment elsewhere. Wherw I'll be appreciated
collaborative, easy going, fun.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MIOctober 19, 2018
The management at Applebees is very good in my opinion; they are open to listen to any opinions you may have and encourage you when you're ready to move up in positions. The employees always seem to get along and work together very well, making it an enjoyable experience every day.
Not every day is the same. Some are overwhelmingly busy, some are very slow, and some are a little bit of both. The hardest part of this job is learning how to multitask on the days that become insanely busy. Although, it is the busier days that bring the most enjoyable part of the job. The days when everyone is piled up at the door waiting to be seated is when you have the most in depth conversations where you really get to know the customers. Most times, the conversations continue at the table once their seated, then once they leave you'll both have a friendly goodbye. My overall experience at Applebees has been very good and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great employee discounts
Not the best job I’ve had but it paid the bills
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 19, 2018
Management could be worked on as well as communication skills Management would give me the run around about my schedule or not just put me on at all constant calls every day asking and asking still no straight forward answer
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Eeek
Host/ To-go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN and Monticello, MNOctober 19, 2018
I was promised a serving job after 4 months. I worked there for a year and they hired people with no restaurant experience as servers. When I asked to be moved up I was told no after proving multiple times I was ready for the advancment.
Pros
Tips, working with a team, lots of interaction with customers and coworkers
Cons
Management and coworkers are unfair with no consequences, no advancement, can't get enough hours
Fun and fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 19, 2018
Really fun to be a server here, bar environment brings in lots of cool people. Great section layout allows servers to make good tips. Servers have a lot of independence when working but teamwork makes the dream work, help out your fellow servers and they'll help you.
Pros
Great sections, great atmosphere, easy place to make guests happy
Cons
short breaks, hours fluctuate
Fun workplace!
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 18, 2018
I love everyone who I work with and my customers. It’s a fast paced environment and also a great job to serve for your first time. I’ve served quite a few places, but I think Applebees is definitely one of my favorites.
Enjoyable and fast-paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAOctober 18, 2018
The workday is just like any other place, it can be very busy or slow. But what I love about being at Applebee's is their goal to do better, and really listen to the guests AND the employees to make each day smooth, no matter the business.
poor job
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2018
there would be many fights between staffs, the mangers would try to fight the staffs under them, it was a lot of playing and disrespectful people and noo team work
Fun work place
Line cook/shift leader/ Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHOctober 18, 2018
albeit some times stressful the general work place was fun and friendly. Learned different ways to cook and prepare in the kitchen and a new respect for the food service industry and servers. Always looked forward to going in to work.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
unreliable hours
Poor Management
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDOctober 18, 2018
This location is staffed with all male managers. They are disrespectful. They demand you work hours that you are not required to work. Working here is pretty much the same as working on a plantation. They are not properly staffed, nor properly equipped to run the business.
Fast paced but easy money
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAOctober 18, 2018
Welcoming staff, up beat environment, easy money. So long as you are okay with not knowing when you will be off (depends on how busy the resturaunt is) then you’d love it!
Pros
Flexible hours, easy money, 1/2 off food
Cons
Lack of advancement
Good place to learn how kitchens operate
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 18, 2018
This is a good introductory place to learn how most kitchens operate. For the most part everything is organized in a way to feed a lot of people on a daily basis.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 18, 2018
DM would tell you one thing and when you follow his direction, you would get penalize for it. If a guest ordered a side of steak, we were told that we could no longer do that no matter what. But as soon as I do as I'm told. I was reprimanded for that.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Team work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 17, 2018
Much needed team work and helping each other is definitely a must in this sort of business to maintain progress and fulfill our guests needs. Definitely a hard working pace
Learned alot from this company about guest realations
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 17, 2018
Worked at this company for 9 years wouldn't change it for the world. Met some amazing people and learned how to deal with customers in all types of situations. GM at the store I was at made the store go down hill and has a problem with allowing some employees to do things others are not.
Pros
10 percent off food and vaction pay
Cons
No rasies
Horrible management. They do not care for their employees.
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2018
Horrible place to work, management was poor. Rude customers always more important than their employees. Always low staff and hard to get a day off. Overworked constantly.
Pros
Cons
Horrible manangement
I liked being their
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 17, 2018
I loved the people that worked their, but there was the occasional person who was not enjoyable. Its customer service and the customer is who they are which can be anything.
Pros
meet people
Cons
can be to high pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight