Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 10,850 reviews matching the search See all 11,279 reviews
Cool place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2018
Just like most restaurants it can get crazy but working here was like working with family. If they stayed busier I would’ve worked there longer but other than that I loved it
Very interesting workplace.
Host (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VADecember 10, 2018
It has its days at Applebee's. It can get pretty busy from time to time, very fun place to work at with certain people. It has its drama days and whatnot, but making money is the only thing that matters.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama filled people.
Working
Applebee's cook (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INDecember 10, 2018
I had some good times and not so good times. Staff really helped make it fun and tolerable for the money we earned. It was difficult but most of the time enjoyable.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 9, 2018
Was not a good work environment and poor management. This job is not one I could see as a life long dream. No advancement and poor hours to work. Good for young people starting out.
Pros
Payed daily
Cons
not payed much
Fun place but moody employees
GU Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLDecember 9, 2018
It was fun doing everything except for the moodiness of everyone. I just put my head down and worked most of the time. I was Low man on the totem pol
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
moody employees. very clicky
Store closed
Kitchen Captain (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 9, 2018
Thought had a good job and growing career, until store closed and all of us left without a job. They did a terrible job of transferring us to other stores
productive and great fun-friendly envirerment to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 8, 2018
over all, Applebee's is an amazing place to work, the envirement is a fun-friendly place, the company is great, they help train you, give you great tips on things you could do to get moved up quickly to a higher role. I really loved it
Pros
great company to work for, good money because you keep your tips, good hours
Cons
no 401-k and alot of times you have to work doubles
Productive and fun workplace. With Amazing people
Host (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 8, 2018
I loved working there, it was just too much stress for the pay. I loved the people, I loved the atmosphere. Overall I would say it was fun, but I wouldn’t recommend it necessarily because of the pay.
Pros
Discounts, great people
Cons
Low pay
Super Fast Paced and Fast Money Making Job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working at a fast paced job where I am multitasking and keeping myself busy. It made time go by quicker, and the short hours were accommodating to being a new mother and going to school at the same time.
Pros
Half off on food and the people skills you gain
Cons
The inconsistent pay rate
Ok place to work
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMDecember 7, 2018
When I worked at Applebees I loved it. The environment was great and so were the customers. Everyone that I worked with worked as a team and no one was in it for themselves. I would totally recommend anyone who is considering working here definitely look into it if you are wondering if a server job is for you.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Server wages
Fun environment with a great team that works well together.
SERVER/BARTENDER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSDecember 7, 2018
Constant flow of cool people working there, management team was great, kitchen was even better, overall great place. Fun environment, one of the few busy places to serve in Leavenworth.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Gets extremely busy.
Not a good place to work!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYDecember 7, 2018
I was tipped out poorly. Most of the servers were very rude, disrespectful, and hateful to other coworkers. They don't properly train new employees. They give new employees a crash course in What ever position the were hired for. And some of the managers were just as rude and disrespectful to the employees as well.
Pros
You can pick the tips that some of Servers give you the next day.
Cons
Rude, hateful, and disrecpectful. Insufficent training
Fun place
HOST (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHDecember 6, 2018
My memories are very fond of Applebee's. I only had to leave cause it was a temporary job in high school, but overall it was a great place to work and I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Laid back
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 6, 2018
Working at Applebee’s was an okay experience. Sometimes the days were long and hard because of my co-workers and the customers that were there. It did not always make me feel the best after my shift was over.
Working there was fun I can say that
Applebee's Hostess (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 6, 2018
When I was there they taught me some basic things that I didnt know but it also wasn’t a stressful job either. Everybody had a good chemistry with each other everybody work as a team and everybody got the job done. Simple as that it can’t be put no other way .
Enjoyable enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 6, 2018
Enjoy working with customers, however the location I work at is not what it once was. Facility repairs and management turnover has made it harder to keep customers. Must have ability to work in a team.
Not a good choice
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2018
I feel like Applebees took advantage of their employees. They overworked us on many occasions. They dont care about quality only quantity. They would cut everyone and i would be there doing 5 jobs while the manager was in the office. They base their hours on last years sales. So if you were slow last year but busy this year you will be understaffed. This was the occasion more than not.
Corporate feels like we are a dime a dozen. They dont care how long they work with no break how hard or if your sick. My store was investigated for e-coli because our guests were all sick. They kept everything very hush hush but they did a swab on the entire kitchen staff!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks
Fast-paced, friendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 5, 2018
Serving was a great way to learn how to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. It was necessary to learn to juggle many things at once and remember a lot. Quick writing skills are necessary and being able to count money is important :)
The team was very helpful and welcoming. It was a fun, crazy place to work.
Pros
Tips, help from team
Cons
Stressful at times
Fun place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Malden, MADecember 5, 2018
Working long hours and lots of day was a good job for a single person,with a family not so easy ,would love to go back to t h at life style. .good food
Pros
Food
Cons
Hours of work
Hostess/Carside To Go (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORDecember 5, 2018
It sucked because the managers have drinking problems and anger problems and one of them gossips more than a teenage girl and feeds the girls more drama.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K
43.3K
33K
21K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Applebee's.

Powered by Comparably