Applebee's
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Applebee's:

Applebee's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
A Learning Experience
It is a great place to learn to bartend and get up on your feet to progress on to other places. The way my experience was with this place/company was that I could work here and learn my basics on what to do and what not to do as a server and Bartender. Overall the guest at my area where very nice and down to earth people. I hear this isn't the case in every other applebee's since there are many bad experiences but in my location they are good people. Co-workers are nice and cool, Management was terrible and still is. They don't know anything and are lost all the time. Servers end up teaching them and so on. But take away management and its not a bad place to start of with and learn your basics.
Pros
Leaning Basics, Money (Bartending), Nice/Good Guest
Cons
Management, Locations of the company
You can make the best of it or they can take advantage of yoi
There is money to be made. The regulars are great, they tip and well and of you Bartend it can be really good but servers can be really lazy and seems like you're on your own a lot. Frustrating. But they do get business. I'f some people weren't so ratchet as customers and if management wasn't so worried about sending ppl home to save.labor hours. Everyone would do awesome but. It s ehat it is
A lot of it is cuz there are a lot of kids working there. They're happy to make 45 buck thenthey wanna leave.
Host, waiter, and/or expo
A typical day would depend on if i was Hosting, Waitering, or Expoing. A typical host day was easy unless extremely busy, same with waitering, and being expo was pretty easy overall as long as you keep up the pace
My Experience
It started out as a great place to get money on weekends. Overtime business has gone down and even more so now because of a common dislike in management because of their preference and unfairness.
Fun Work Place
As a host you great customers as well as seat them. You also clean the tables and perhaps help out the best you can during your shift. As a server you provide your tables with good service and keep your section clean. This job is not hard if you like being on your feet and fast paced environment. You must be a friendly and outgoing person or willing to be outgoing.
Pros
Discount on food
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Good job to start off with
As a manager it's a pretty decent job to start off with. It all depends on who you work with. I had a lot of servers who weren't dependable, and it made the job much more difficult when we'd have to try to make a busy weekend work with 4-5 servers since half of them called out. Management is nice to work with, just get the job done and everything is alright.
Pros
Free meals, overtime pay
Cons
Lack of good coworkers
Pay was good
Pay was good, even though their food is not that good. I liked working for the company. Specially liked the intimacy and chemistry I had with my ex who was another manager.

Applebees is a good place to learn management, and quite good if you want to stick to the place for career advancement. The country director actually favored talent and worth before his personal agenda.
Pros
Free food for the family, pay, work/life balance.
Cons
Not the very best restaurant environment
Enjoyed it
I have been working in restaurants most of my life so i am used to the fast pace environment. I enjoyed working with the other employees since we were all around the same age. I have learned more to be patient with waiting on customers and being patient with the kitchen as well
Pros
Break Times were decent
Cons
Not great hours
A Typical Serving Job with Below Average Pay
The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that you work with. The cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, and occasionally managers, all work together very well and I've had comfortable and casual relationships with most everyone that I've worked with here. The hardest part of the job are the customers that come through, usually not due to the speed of the kitchen, but the (unrealistic) expectations for the delivery of their food. Overall, the customers are generally fine but the menu prices are so low that often you will find yourself at the end of the week with only a couple hundred dollars in hand- this is after working several back-to-back 'double shifts' including the weekends. Management is fairly good, and most recently has been improving tremendously. I've learned a decent amount about the realities of customer service and how to operate within a high-paced and hectic environment at this restaurant. I also believe that these skills themselves have improved as a result of my employment here, and I believe myself to be better equipped to deal with a variety of customer interactions to ensure satisfaction.
Pros
Workplace environment and culture
Cons
Pay, limited breaks, unclear scheduling, limited to no benefits
It was ok
Working there wasn't anything special. It was just a job. The customers were usually rude and the staff didn't care about their jobs either. Everyone was just there for a paycheck.
Productive and fun workplace
Applebee's is a pretty cool place to work at with cross-training and some advancement opportunities. I learned more than I expected about restaurants working for this company.
great employees/patrons
Flexible hours with great staff and management team, slow after holiday seasons but very busy for football season, mostly college students working there
Productive and fast work place
This place is a fast pace work environment. People are always helpful. Management are always there. Hardest part is during the slow season. Best part is working during the summer time.
Great first restaurant job
A good place to get your foot in the restaurant door. You make lots in tips, especially on Friday and weekend nights. Management was cool. The flexibility with hours is nice too, you can usually get a shift covered.
Pros
Cool coworkers, easy work, easy menu to memorize, fun atmosphere, tips
Cons
Low hourly, long shifts sometimes
I learned how to team build and lead.
I learned how to be a team leader and work under pressure. I was able to lead new servers as well as do my job. This job helped me start my way to the military.
nothing
working hard and teaching other there way.not a good time with this company no comment
Pros
hours
benefits
Pretty fun, good food
The food was good, but it's been a long time since I worked here. The environment with your co-workers has a lot to do with how full the place is at any given time. If it's slammed, it you and everybody else is stressing because you're under a lot of pressure. If you can't handle pressure, don't work in a restaurant.
Pros
cheap, awesome food!
Cons
Short/no breaks on long days
humble enviroment with a bunch of friendly faces.
Working here open up a new world for me. You get to me all kinds of different people not only in here but any restaurant. I gradually taught myself how to do multiple things at once, learn how to mAke change quicker, etc.
great start for a college beginner
gained confidence and customer service skills
management was fairly good but the schedule was not neat and managers could not fix it together so they do not agree on it.

co- workers are great mostly college students

nothing was hard about the job if service is done correctly

most enjoyable part is seeing the costumer enjoying their time and appreciating their service. having them leave with a smile,
pros
Cons
no benefits