Applebee's Employee Reviews

Not organized
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 16, 2018
The employees act like they are the managers. The managers does not take actions on other employees when they are doing it wrong. We do three job descriptions but only get paid for one.
JOB was ok
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2018
It was a nice environment, with a good quality of food and beverages. I enjoyed serving customer's and memorizing specials and menu's.It was a job i would recommend to friends.
Good Job, Bad Co-Workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working at Applebee's, but a lot of harassment happened, and that made it very hard to continue working there. Most of the time, this behavior went unnoticed, and I did not feel safe.
work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 16, 2018
if you like the restaurant business then it is for you but very hard on family life and building a life outside of work as it is very demanding and long hours good money and good benefits.
Pros
discounts, paid time off, awards dinner
Cons
Fun place with some challenges
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Applebees is fun and a great entry level manager position. Applebees has its pros and cons you will get from this company what you give to your career. Promotions from within are a main focus at Applebees. Great learning and a great experience.
Pros
Benefits, meal discounts, fun environment
Cons
Long days, changing staff
Waited Tables
Waitor/cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 16, 2018
Applebee's was a good restaurant to work at. Made a lot of friends had new experiences from never waiting tables before that and the management took care of their staff.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Hours
Server for two years
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 16, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. Very relaxed, and an enjoyable place to be. I work in a college town. Applebees will let you take time off if needed. They’re bad about giving breaks though.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No breaks
Agreat place to enjoy food and drinks with family and friends
Bartender /key manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 15, 2018
I have been with Applebees for 6 years now , I started from the bottom and worked my way to the top . As assisting manager I have learn to manage staff and create relations with people that make the effort to come and enjoy our company.
Pros
tips and fun to work
Cons
benifits
Awesome Work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Management was amazing at Applebees. They really cared for their employees. We did fun activities to make the workplace more fun to work in. It was very fast paced but never too stressful because everyone helped each other out.
no teamwork
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 15, 2018
No teamwork was showed couldnt handle with no team work,noone of mangers was on bored to help correct prob with staff and product not a good place to work
Portage Applebees
Sever (Current Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 15, 2018
If you are looking for a part time tip job this is a okay choice, if you are local to portage area. Compared to other serving job the computer system they use is out of date and a little confusing. The management is okay.
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 15, 2018
They worked well with my schedule. People were fun to work with! made good money. food was great! always able to pick up shifts if low on money. management always listen to your ideas.
Pros
adapts to your schedule
Fast paced and exciting
Server (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Applebee's is an extremely fast paced work environment with plenty of opportunity of advancement and increased hours if you show your dedication to the position!
Oh what a night
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 15, 2018
The location I work at is very much “ Oh what a night “ .
We are a late night store with many different types of people, some are sweet, kind and generous. While others are rude, inappropriate and extremely cheap.
In this business you don’t have to be a rocket scientist, you just need to want to make money and be fully aware of what’s happening.
Customers are tired, hungry, thirsty and just want to someone to recognize this. When you do it’s on to the next one.
At my location we ha e had a HUGE revolving doors of managers, even bigger turn around on employees yet somehow we all make money. There are many things out of my control, long ticket times, weather and hungry guests but the core people in our store make things happen. It sometimes can be cut throat but then when isn’t life cut throat ? If you want to survive at Colonial you better have thick skin.
Pros
The high volume of guests
Cons
The lack of a steady management
Like At The Bee's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 15, 2018
Very understaffed and stressful, most days you had no idea what you were going to be walking into. Management was always very kind and took it upon themselves to be more than just management. All together a good job, but nothing you'd want to stay at for too long.
Pros
Friendly environment, fast paced
Cons
Unorganized, understaffed
Productive and fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 14, 2018
I’m currently working here and I absolutely love it. You get to meet new people and learn and grow with the people you’re with. Very flexible schedule perfect for students.
Needs Improvement
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I worked for this company for over 5 years and it just seemed to go downhill within those years. It is great for starting out to get experience for later offers but I wouldn't suggest it as a long term. The management don't give the proper guidance needed for staff to excel and become great!
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Poor Management
job workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2018
i was a line cook i also help out dishwasher some time once i completed my job. i also took a expert class up so when i train someone i get paid a dollar more. management was great they took care there responsibility until a new management came and did a hold turnabout the hardest part of the job when you working with someone who don't want to work meaning you are working the station alone but you manage, the most enjoyable when you have a team behind you willing to work and that what i love about a job team work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great benefits, short breaks
N/a
Crubside Takeout Server (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 14, 2018
It was not a great company to work for. I didn't learn much due to management. There were mean things said about employees behind their backs and mainly it was managers who spread this gossip.
Wonderful place
Server, carside, GU, expo, cleaning (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Working for Applebees has been a great experience I'm just trying to expand my future. Of you are looking to work here just be ready for work and enjoy the experience as it goes by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9