Applebee's

Applebee's Employee Reviews

United States16,596 reviews

Found 16,596 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,230 reviews

A Learning Experience

It is a great place to learn to bartend and get up on your feet to progress on to other places. The way my experience was with this place/company was that I could work here and learn my basics on what to do and what not to do as a server and Bartender. Overall the guest at my area where very nice and down to earth people. I hear this isn't the case in every other applebee's since there are many bad experiences but in my location they are good people. Co-workers are nice and cool, Management was terrible and still is. They don't know anything and are lost all the time. Servers end up teaching them and so on. But take away management and its not a bad place to start of with and learn your basics.

Pros

Leaning Basics, Money (Bartending), Nice/Good Guest

Cons

Management, Locations of the company

Productive and very organized clean place to work in

I enjoy working here. I call this place my second home!! My managers are great to work with and have extreme understanding towards any circumstances and prioritize any issue. It's extremely fun and I've learned alot of new things along the way. I love coming here whether it's to dine in or work!!

Pros

Free lunches and overtime

Cons

Short breaks

Good skills acquired

It was ok for restaurant experience i leavers lots of core values and skills. Guests could be a pain! Depending on management etc how well your store is ran, cuts made etc,

Expect different results at differing locations, even in same franchise, based off mgmt

Hit or miss. Some managers are great and understanding of how to run their location well while having employees backs. Others are snake like and already trying to not end up out the door them selfs and that trickles down to everyone else

is a great place to start growing

My cook position it was great the only thing in the job that was bad about it some employees don't have the temper to work under pressure so that's all about it.

It's a Restaurant

Standard restaurant job with no benefits, incompetent managers and a mix of useless and decent employees. You will not likely eat here once you realize how manufactured everything is.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Incompetence surrounds you

No growth bad management

No growth bad management, managers go on power trips,can’t call off without being yelled at, been there 10 plus years was still a line cook, Only good thing is the 401k and the food.

fun people to work with, easy money to make

I enjoy the people I work with at Applebee’s and I enjoy the job I do. It is fairly easy if you are good with people and can handle fast paced work. I would recommend working here.

Pros

discounted food, cash at the end of every day

Cons

very busy, short breaks

Easy to rack up hours

Management is very understanding, it's easy to make friends working here as long as you are personable. Hosting I did not make much money but if you move to serving, bartending, or kitchen staff you are likely to make more.

Pros

Employee of the month bonus

Cons

Same cons as any restaurant business

Poorly ran

Poor management leads to all the good employees leaving and the worst kind of coworkers always stick around. Fraternization between management and employees is like a plague at this company. Good employees always suffer when bad one are fraternizing with management

It was okay

Fun coworkers stressful jobs pays well some days doesn’t pay at all others unreliable pay, but it was a fun place to work, brings a family vibe for better or for worse

Liked the coworkers, hated the scheduling

I enjoyed having some structure, and I loved bussing the tables. My coworkers were good company, but I only liked one manager that seemed to treat me like a person and not just a pair of hands. I asked to not work on Tuesdays, scheduled on Tuesdays. I asked for some morning shifts, got none. For a teenager's first job, I was stressed beyond belief with the inconsistent staff and overwhelming customer flow. I did learn to be more independent though.

Pros

Employee discount, fun coworkers, daily tips

Cons

High turnover, understaffed, managers don't listen

as fast paced and stressful as any restaurant job

It's been several years since I worked for Applebee's but I remember it as being an Alright experience. Coworkers were fine, the work itself was fine, but it was always stressful when it got busy, and I also did not make very much money. I had prior experience as a server at a different restaurant, but was given no opportunity to move up from working as a host, which was I quit.

Ok

Just ok a good place to start and learn bartending or management. Not the best place to stay at unless you get too comfortable like many people do. Apple American group pays managers hourly which sucks but they do get overtime. It’s not the worst job but it’s just ok. I would tell you to go for it and learn from the experience.

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

No breaks

Was good until the tablets took over

I liked my job until they made all servers use hand-held tablets to place orders. The tablets are overly large and barely fit in aprons. They also malfunction often, and it is difficult to press the buttons with your fingers. And your interaction with guests deteriorates, because you are constantly looking down at a screen, instead of interacting with guests. All in all, the tablets slowed me down considerably. Even though the original POSes still worked and were available, management tracked the amount you used the new tablets, and punished you if you did not hit designated statistics. This is why I left.

Awesome resturaunt

I went from part time night line cook to assistant kitchen manager in a year and a half to Kitchen Manager in another year and a half. Just shows if you put in the effort you can go far in this company!

Pros

Laid back management, free food for cooks

Cons

Sometime short staffed resulting in other working harder for production

Fun place to work

The job is easy to do and the people working there are nice. I enjoy my job and enjoy making and eat the food I make. Would recommend if you're in a job crunch.

Stress full

it was okay but you wouldn't always get the help you would ask for. they would usually be understaffed bc management would try and save money by overworking everybody else

Good company to work for.

Management worked well. Employees are treated fairly. You need to do your part and life is good. Company and restaurants always rewards employees for doing a great job. There are a lot of recognition and appreciation given to employees on all levels.

Awful management

Terrible people. Awful company. The managers were awful, dedicate your entire life to the company to be treated like garbage, talked down on, mocked,And disrespected. All while expecting you to wait hand and foot for them 24/7. Ready to drop you at any moment.

Pros

Regulars.

Cons

Management and lack of care for anyone besides themselves

good place to learn

i started as an server now iam a bartender so it’s easy to move up currently working on becoming an neighborhood expert & learning the back of the house

Pros

half off meals easy to advance

Cons

no breaks

Common questions about Applebee's

Answered by current and former employees at Applebee's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Applebee's.
Powered byComparably