Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 11,270 reviews matching the search See all 11,717 reviews
Enjoyable workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHFebruary 22, 2019
This was a pretty decent job with coworkers and managers who cared about each other and would help each other in a heartbeat. I learned that if you have a few minutes to waste it’s better to help a co worker even if it’s just refilling drinks or running food out to a table.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Constantly on feet
Horrible job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 22, 2019
I learned a lot about the restaurant business but it was a horrible job. You are expected to do everything but cook and are not paid accordingly. I had to greet guest, sit them, clean the bathrooms, clean tables, take all dirty dishes to the back, run food to tables all while making sure guest were properly taken care of and no one was unhappy. It is extremely stressful, when you are backed up. servers will hate you if you sit their section too much and it’s just very dysfunctional. You will rarely get a break maybe only an hour break if you work 12 hours. I went home everyday with sore, swollen, throbbing feet from standing and walking around for so long without ever sitting.
Pros
Free food during training week only
Cons
Everything else
Good first serving job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Everyone acts like high school playing on the cell. Not running food or drinks. No pre bussing. Cooks playing with severs so not cooking which means foos is really late or wrong and you make no money
Pros
Cheap food n drinks
Cons
Not enough pay for the hours
Extremely fun place to work
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 22, 2019
I learned the key of being patient working there . I also leaned How to very flexible and social with my customers . It also teaches you the value of money
Great place!
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2019
AppleAmerican group was a great division of Applebees. One of the best upper management I have worked for. Great people and very flexible company. Learned so much working here!
Great first job
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 21, 2019
Great first job
Not a lot of healthcare benefits
Room for advancement all the way to management
Flexible scheduling
Easy to learn menu options
Great deals
Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 21, 2019
This restaurant helped me learn culinary skills. As well as people skills. Ive learned food safety and also the proper way to hold a knife. I recommend this job to any upcoming culinary geniuses.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough pay
It sucks
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAFebruary 20, 2019
Managers suck they all talk about the employees make fun of them. Whenever someone is sick they would still have to come in or they get super petty with you. You can clearly see who’s the manager’s favorite. Besides the managers some of the workers are really nice and make it 10x easier to work there
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
Giving me less and less hours due to someone else
Fast pace place to work
Key Hourly Manager/ server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2019
I worked there for 17yrs and i work my way from host to a hourly manager. I did love working there came across alot of people and worked with alot of different types of people. It is very fast pace and stressful sometimes. But loved staying on my toes makes time go by so much faster.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Dont get enough of a break
Fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 20, 2019
Fast paced environment! Great management and great food. My co-workers were awesome. The drinks were even better. Great place to work while putting yourself through school
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 20, 2019
Applebees is the worst place to work! Management is horrible. You work long hours for almost no pay sometimes. There are nights you might leave with 20$ people tip very low if your very attentive and do everything they ask they might only tip 3$ if your lucky. Customers can be rude. Don’t have 2 jobs working here. They won’t care they’ll keep you there all night. I had to wake up at 3am to work my second job they kept me there till 1am I would get no sleep some days. I finally gave up and quit because it got so strenuous. Don’t work here!!! Unless your trying to build experience to become a good server then if I were you go somewhere else!
Pros
No pros really
Cons
Long hours horrible management
Fun, friendly environment for a somewhat stressful job
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 19, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at Applebee's mostly because of the people working there. It's a pretty lax environment and the employees were all friendly for the most part. A typical day can get pretty stressful, but only when the restaurant gets super packed, which is to be expected. But once you learn the menu and the computer system, it becomes a much more fluid and straightforward experience. I think working in food service in general has been an awesome opportunity to learn about customer service, time management and how to get along with many different types of people. Overall, a positive experience.
Pros
Discounted meals, decent money (without needing a degree/certificate, etc.), flexible scheduling
Cons
Guests can be pretty rude and if nobody is coming in you don't make much money
One of the Worst Places I've Ever Worked For
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Punished for being sick (with a doctor's note) by loss of hours. Corporate doesn't care about it's employees. No benefits unless you're in management. Pay isn't worth the poor treatment. No breaks, even when you're doing a 12-14 hour shift. I can go on and on.
Okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNFebruary 19, 2019
Applebee’s it’s self was not a bad place to work out. The management though was very unprofessional and would choose favorites. Not based on work ethic
Fun but underapperciated
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDFebruary 19, 2019
I love my job but continuously feel overworked and underappreciated, You get told one thing, but managment does the exact oppisite. When you want more hours in a certain area you get yelled at, or told you are exactly where you need to be.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Managment
Enjoyable
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Many things i have learend was from wokring here. the place was a very postive work area, alot of people that have worked there constantly kept worked there for years after
Not good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day at work usually consisted of me almost in tears
I learned nothing
The management was horrendous
The hardest part of the job was getting the scheduler to give me hours that worked with school
The only enjoyable part was making new friends
Pros
There were not really any pros to this job
Cons
No breaks
Tough place to work, I opened the restaurant I worked at and there were many kinks we had to work through.
Hospitality Server (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Applebee’s was a fun, yet stressful work environment. The hours were long and many times I worked until 2am. Having been on the team to open the restaurant, there were quite a few difficult situations to work through.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Late hours.
good place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Township of White Bear, MNFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Applebee's as a second job for a few years. It provided me with the extra money I was looking for. The people worked very had and unless you smoke breaks are almost never allowed.
Fun atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Fun atomsphere, but associates feel under payed and over worked. Which leads to unhappy employees, which leads to carelessness of customer service, which leads to bad restaurant reviews.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, over worked, under payed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight