Appleby Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

full of fake promises
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 12, 2018
they sell you on the hype of big commissions but will have someone come in behind you and undercut your quote if it is not sold on first appointment. If you have a cancellation on a deal, they will send someone else in to save the deal for the company and you are out of the loop. Management does not tell you if someone is selling to your leads behind you. You go in and set up the deal and if you don't close it on the spot, they will call and keep calling until they get someone else in to undersell your quote. Total cut throat.
Pros
Cons
company does not care about you as an employee
Great working atmosphere, like family.
Senior Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  1520 Trolley Rd. York, PaOctober 4, 2018
I've worked for Appleby for nearly 20 years, and they truly do strive to give us every tool and opportunity to succeed in the marketing business.

They also have fun activities outside of work, such as, summer picnics, or even the owner takes us out to the Ravens games to see the ravens or your team play the ravens.

But I feel most importantly that, you definately have an opportunity to excell in this business through their training, on floor coaching and competitive atmosphere. It might not be for everyone, but if you are aggressive and hungry you'll financially be fed here.
Pros
paid vacation time- insurance- 401k program- great pay incentives.
Cons
for some its 6 days a week, but sat. is when the money is made.
Productive, family oriented, fun, outgoing, easy learning skills, friendly, long term
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2018
Appleby is a GREAT place to work. The people who work here treat you like your family, they make the work environment an easy, fun place to work. The supervisors are great when it comes to scheduling, and any personal issues you have, very understandable. The sales force is the STRONGEST GROUP I've ever worked with. Overall the company is a hands on company who will help you in any way to acheive, they will reconise you for your achievements, and will work one on one when you need it also. The owner is a GREAT business owner who will create new ways of helping the company grow. We have a great line of products from windows to metal roofs, and we go above and beyond to make sure every day is better then the one before it.
Pros
great staff, fun work environment, friendly co-workers and top pf the line products
Cons
working the hoildays
Decent company
Real call center manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2018
I've been with the systems about 3 months now and I don't have many complaints. Like any business worth its reputation, you actually have to work to be successful. In the sales business, it takes a certain amount of gall to cut it here. Its not for the weak willed; its not for the lazy. Management gives you all the tools necessary to be successful, you simply have to use them. Appleby has been in business for 41 years. The average home remodeling business doesn't last a decade so there is longevity. Employees who are willing to put in work bring home paychecks that anyone would be proud of. It has a positive culture that gives you freedom to be yourself, autonomy with your schedule and a relaxed environment. I have on jeans right now!!!! The only requirement is that your have a goal oriented mindset. Not everyone can cut it. But if you can then this where you need to be!!! Occasionally there be a sinkhole in the parking lot; that's actually kind of cool. Dangerous but cool!! Either way there's a method to out madness here. And some people just don't have what it takes to be great here. Those who can do. Those who cant give negative reviews.
Pros
Money, product, management, culture
Cons
long hours, customers can be rude on the phone
not terrible.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 24, 2018
Company has potential but is hindered by an impulsive indecisive owner. An owner who precahes growth and advancement but would rather do things the way they've always been done without regard to its success or lack thereof.
Pros
quality product
Cons
sales rep are pampered babies, no departmental alignment, far too overpriced
Ridiculous expectations
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2018
Their marketing style and actual company procedures and missions conflict with one another. Customers dislike the lead generator and the company because of the repeated calling
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconvenience to customers
Unprofessional Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 13, 2018
Management is shockingly unprofessional. They say they have a “bullpen” mentality, but that’s really code word for being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

One week of classroom training is hardly enough to be proficient in giving a demonstration. Almost no time is spent on teaching trainees how to do the final paperwork required to make a sale.
Pros
Nothing to mention
Cons
Unprofessional management, bare bones training.
A lot of lies and empty promises
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 4, 2018
The commission is pretty unrealistic and the pay is not great at all! And there is a sense of pressure they put on you, and after a while that mixed with the low pay, you will want to leave!
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  EVerywhereJune 8, 2018
DO NOT believe the pay rate as described.That is only if you get a bunch of names and ALL of them not only let you into their homes, but also buy stuff. I got paid $10 an hour. And most of the customers i spoke to hated our company. They dont honor warranties, they do shotty work, and if you dont set up a showing the first time they call they wont stop calling you. I left the company because their policies were something i wanted nothing to be a part of.
Fantastic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 1, 2018
This is a great and awesome place to work. I will highly recommend anyone who's motivated and willing to work hard to apply here. Not only are we a team but a family.
Make Great Money & Work With Amazing People
Region Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 1, 2018
I started working for Appleby Systems 5 months ago and I already got promoted within the company. Joining the company was one of the best decisions I’ve made. Here are few reasons why you should be a part of Appleby Systems too.

First, you will be guided with detailed training and support from our very friendly marketing team. The transition from training to being on your own is relatively smooth. Any issues or questions you may come across, members of the team will be sure to help out. Practice makes perfect in this case. I still work on my communication skills to this day.

Lastly and for some the most important part of working for any company are the financial benefits. The pay is broken down by an hourly wage, a commission bonus, and reimbursement for any traveling over long distances. The commission is a large part of the job and is based off of your individual performance. The more effort you put in, the more bonuses you will get in return.

The only negative is you might deal with a few rude customers throughout the work day but that is typical in most jobs. Once you work past the rejections, you will be quickly on your way to making a great paycheck !
Pros
Hourly Based Pay + Commission, Working At Your Own Pace, Friendly Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Rude Customers (typical for most jobs)
Hard work is rewarded
Corporate Field Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 26, 2018
I’ve been with Appleby Systems for 10 years. In the past ten years I have been given ample training which has led to several promotions. It’s a job that if you work hard you will make the kind of money you want and your hard work does not go unnoticed by management. I’ve heard a lot of managers and the owner of the company himself tell employees when they are doing a great job. It’s more then just a job for me it’s also like a family and is something I am very passionate about. Great benefits package as well.
Pros
Benefits, flexible scheduling, family & fun environment
Great Place To Work
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2018
Awesome place to work! Family oriented company where we are all a family together. If you love people you will love this job. I talk to potential customers from all walks of life in different settings as stores and shows about the awesome products we have to offer. Base pay plus commissions are average to above average. You can easily make $13-19 an hr. The management is awesomeness and very understanding of the needs of us as employees. Training is great you learn a lot, but when u get into the position you learn a lot more. It’s something new everyday as customers are different everyday and just like any position u take in life it’s learninf something new everyday makes you more diversified. I would recommend this company as a whole.
Pros
Work to life
Cons
I really don’t have any cons
Great Place To Work
Confirmer (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 13, 2018
Employed for two years... Stable, profitable company with good leadership and a talented, down-to-earth staff. Management goes above and beyond to accommodate your schedule. And Co-workers quickly become part of your family...
Awful place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 25, 2018
Awful job you literally work for yourself. Their training is literally you sitting in a store with someone who has worked there over ten years hey are helpful but after that day you are on your own. You don’t make good money at all. Your at stores like Kmart and Walmart at a little booth and they expect you to get leads and most people think it’s a scam and then when you do get a lead they blame you if the person doesn’t answer there phone. Like it’s not our fault they don’t answer or they give you a faulty number.
Never get a job here
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 28, 2018
They make it seem so lucrative in terms of basically everything. But when you are a Demo person on the floor working your rump off getting leads thoose leads only pay you if they turn into sales or a actual demo. They tell you “Hey you will easily make $19 an hour” With one of my most busy weeks I was still looking at $11 and hour lol.

Upper management is terrible. You work for yourself basically if there is an issue you have to text the manager. Drive a ton of hours.
A family owned company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at work was dispatching sales representatives to their appointments and setting demos for them. I learned a lot about dispatching and about home improvement products and procedures. Management for the most part is competent and friendly. I worked with a lot of great people and the company was like my second home. The hardest part about my job was making a decent paycheck aside from my base pay since most of our pay was based off commission. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such wonderful people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to make commission
Awful place to work
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 13, 2018
They gave me one day of training and just pushed me out onto the field. Management in York, PA is awful. The expectations to get so many leads an hour are ridiculous. The worst job I have ever had. Would definitely not recommend.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, awful management, too many expectations, no communication with employees at all
Never a dull moment; exciting; profitable
Sales Representative & Sales Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 2, 2017
Appleby is the industry definition of a "Value Added" in-home, home improvement sales organization. It's sales training is second-to-none and it frequently brings in professional sales trainers to help sharpen it sales force's skills.
Pros
High commissions; excellent trips; seasoned, grassroots management
Cons
Difficuly balancing personal life with professional responsibilities.
great hours
Sales (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PANovember 20, 2017
great hours but if no sale no pay compensation was not enough for gas prices at the time. If you could afford to work for only a few hundread dollars a week for a while its a good opertunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appleby Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Appleby Systems, Inc. Reviews by Location