Appleby Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ridiculous expectations
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2018
Their marketing style and actual company procedures and missions conflict with one another. Customers dislike the lead generator and the company because of the repeated calling
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconvenience to customers
Unprofessional Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 13, 2018
Management is shockingly unprofessional. They say they have a “bullpen” mentality, but that’s really code word for being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

One week of classroom training is hardly enough to be proficient in giving a demonstration. Almost no time is spent on teaching trainees how to do the final paperwork required to make a sale.
Pros
Nothing to mention
Cons
Unprofessional management, bare bones training.
A lot of lies and empty promises
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 4, 2018
The commission is pretty unrealistic and the pay is not great at all! And there is a sense of pressure they put on you, and after a while that mixed with the low pay, you will want to leave!
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  EVerywhereJune 8, 2018
DO NOT believe the pay rate as described.That is only if you get a bunch of names and ALL of them not only let you into their homes, but also buy stuff. I got paid $10 an hour. And most of the customers i spoke to hated our company. They dont honor warranties, they do shotty work, and if you dont set up a showing the first time they call they wont stop calling you. I left the company because their policies were something i wanted nothing to be a part of.
Fantastic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 1, 2018
This is a great and awesome place to work. I will highly recommend anyone who's motivated and willing to work hard to apply here. Not only are we a team but a family.
Make Great Money & Work With Amazing People
Region Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 1, 2018
I started working for Appleby Systems 5 months ago and I already got promoted within the company. Joining the company was one of the best decisions I’ve made. Here are few reasons why you should be a part of Appleby Systems too.

First, you will be guided with detailed training and support from our very friendly marketing team. The transition from training to being on your own is relatively smooth. Any issues or questions you may come across, members of the team will be sure to help out. Practice makes perfect in this case. I still work on my communication skills to this day.

Lastly and for some the most important part of working for any company are the financial benefits. The pay is broken down by an hourly wage, a commission bonus, and reimbursement for any traveling over long distances. The commission is a large part of the job and is based off of your individual performance. The more effort you put in, the more bonuses you will get in return.

The only negative is you might deal with a few rude customers throughout the work day but that is typical in most jobs. Once you work past the rejections, you will be quickly on your way to making a great paycheck !
Pros
Hourly Based Pay + Commission, Working At Your Own Pace, Friendly Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Rude Customers (typical for most jobs)
Hard work is rewarded
Corporate Field Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 26, 2018
I’ve been with Appleby Systems for 10 years. In the past ten years I have been given ample training which has led to several promotions. It’s a job that if you work hard you will make the kind of money you want and your hard work does not go unnoticed by management. I’ve heard a lot of managers and the owner of the company himself tell employees when they are doing a great job. It’s more then just a job for me it’s also like a family and is something I am very passionate about. Great benefits package as well.
Pros
Benefits, flexible scheduling, family & fun environment
Great Place To Work
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2018
Awesome place to work! Family oriented company where we are all a family together. If you love people you will love this job. I talk to potential customers from all walks of life in different settings as stores and shows about the awesome products we have to offer. Base pay plus commissions are average to above average. You can easily make $13-19 an hr. The management is awesomeness and very understanding of the needs of us as employees. Training is great you learn a lot, but when u get into the position you learn a lot more. It’s something new everyday as customers are different everyday and just like any position u take in life it’s learninf something new everyday makes you more diversified. I would recommend this company as a whole.
Pros
Work to life
Cons
I really don’t have any cons
Awful place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 25, 2018
Awful job you literally work for yourself. Their training is literally you sitting in a store with someone who has worked there over ten years hey are helpful but after that day you are on your own. You don’t make good money at all. Your at stores like Kmart and Walmart at a little booth and they expect you to get leads and most people think it’s a scam and then when you do get a lead they blame you if the person doesn’t answer there phone. Like it’s not our fault they don’t answer or they give you a faulty number.
Never get a job here
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 28, 2018
They make it seem so lucrative in terms of basically everything. But when you are a Demo person on the floor working your rump off getting leads thoose leads only pay you if they turn into sales or a actual demo. They tell you “Hey you will easily make $19 an hour” With one of my most busy weeks I was still looking at $11 and hour lol.

Upper management is terrible. You work for yourself basically if there is an issue you have to text the manager. Drive a ton of hours.
Cons

Want to know more about Appleby Systems, Inc.?

Ask a question
A family owned company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at work was dispatching sales representatives to their appointments and setting demos for them. I learned a lot about dispatching and about home improvement products and procedures. Management for the most part is competent and friendly. I worked with a lot of great people and the company was like my second home. The hardest part about my job was making a decent paycheck aside from my base pay since most of our pay was based off commission. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such wonderful people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to make commission
Awful place to work
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 13, 2018
They gave me one day of training and just pushed me out onto the field. Management in York, PA is awful. The expectations to get so many leads an hour are ridiculous. The worst job I have ever had. Would definitely not recommend.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, awful management, too many expectations, no communication with employees at all
Never a dull moment; exciting; profitable
Sales Representative & Sales Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 2, 2017
Appleby is the industry definition of a "Value Added" in-home, home improvement sales organization. It's sales training is second-to-none and it frequently brings in professional sales trainers to help sharpen it sales force's skills.
Pros
High commissions; excellent trips; seasoned, grassroots management
Cons
Difficuly balancing personal life with professional responsibilities.
great hours
Sales (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PANovember 20, 2017
great hours but if no sale no pay compensation was not enough for gas prices at the time. If you could afford to work for only a few hundread dollars a week for a while its a good opertunity.
Corporate Administrator/Finance Deptartment (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for Appleby Systems, Inc for 26 years now. This job has allowed me to use all of the many skills I acquired before starting, as part of the Corporate Administration Team. I enjoy working with every department within the company. Many of the employees have longevity of 10+ years some even 30+ years. As a company we are a family and together help one another outside of the work place. We have a company picnic in the summer and company Christmas party every year to get together as a work place family.
Pros
Monthly Bonus, Medical, Dental, Eye and Life Insurance. Vacation & PTO Days
Cons
None that I can think of
You will get out what you put in
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
Appleby is an established company with well defined policies and procedures. Management is very supportive and will work incredibly hard to help employees succeed as long as the employee is willing to make the effort and follow direction. There is also a dedicated commitment to satisfying customers from the owner of the company down. The home improvement industry can be challenging at times. Meeting every customer's expectation is hard. I've seen management go way out of their way to satisfy customers who were not completely satisfied at first. Working for a company that stands behind its products and rewards hard work and initiative is a good thing in this day and age.
Pros
Great earnings potiential, good management support, fun work environment
Cons
Hard work at times but that is to be expected
Best Job I Ever Had
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for Appleby Systems now for about 3 years and it is the best job that I have ever had.
I know everyday that I come in that I have something to do and my job matters.
The culture is great! Not like big corporations where your work is never appreciated. Appleby lets you know when you have done a good job!
Current Employee
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have been working at Appleby Systems now for about 6 months and i can honestly say that they have gone above and beyond for me. Also it has provided a work environment that allows me to provide and great home life for me and my family. This company cares about their employees more than enough to make you a successful salesman and better person very close knit group of people at Appleby Systems!
Misleading, high turnover, rigged for salesman who have been with company longest
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 8, 2017
Subpar training, arrogant Trainer... work hard but don't get paid full pay checks. Most sales leads are bogus. One call close if you do not close first appointment they will send out The same two guys to cut your price and you see no commission... Company is rigged for the gentleman that I've been there the longest. Grotesque language from upper management and trainer during training .
Pros
Cons
Very misleading company
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 15, 2017
This is a very demanding n particular job
Required setting leads n making the daily quota.
Very stressful n crazy job. Not for me but I made the best of it