Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric

ownerbenefitprovidefamilycareemployeecompanyenvironment

Great place to work !

Featured review

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric selected this as a representative review
I moved to colorado to work for this company and they have not disappointed . All the things that i was told during the interview process have happened . 6 months in and enjoy the challenge in front of me as a technician, working for a top notch company ! I appreciate my manager for his support and tireless effort . I am excited for what is to come in the future !

Pros

Work life balance, competitive pay and benefits, great management, no on call

Cons

None at this time

October 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your experience working at Applewood. We're so happy to read all of your positive comments, and look forward to watching you grow!

Great work-life balance

Applewood is a great company to work for! It’s a very friendly, fun environment where everyone is working towards the same goals. The work-life balance allows me to spend more time with my family, they offer great health insurance benefits and fun company events. The company owner and managers are supportive and truly want you to succeed.

Pros

Work-life balance, health insurance, training

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Great benefits great culture great pay Haven’t worked at a better place Can’t really think of a bad thing to say about applewood everyone is very nice

Benefits

Lies and sales

A lot of lies and empty promises from the very start. They say they want good technicians but really they want salesman to push their product. Pay is pretty run of the mill unless you wanna be a salesman that pushes their egregiously high priced product. Some of the prices in that price book are so out of this world you’d be better off walking into a customers house and spitting in their face than actually giving them the price.

December 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience has not been what you expected. Our managers are always available to talk.

Great culture!!!

Applewood has been the most supportive and transparent company I have ever worked for!! They respect your personal time by not asking you work more than your scheduled hours ( this includes no on-call ). Since starting at Applewood I’ve been able to stop working other jobs on my days off because I’m paid an actual livable wage. To top it off managers at Applewood are very supportive and understanding - this leads to a less stressful work environment and happy employees!!

Pros

Free Healthcare

Cons

Early meetings weekly

November 16, 2022
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're really grateful and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Busy and fast paced work environment

Great place to work! Team environment and fast paced so the workday passes quickly. The role is demanding and the company rewards a job well done. Applewood goes above and beyond for its customers, employees, and the community. It inspires employees to embody company values with pride in being part of longstanding high quality services all along the front range.

Pros

Benefits, compensation, company values and communitycontribution

Cons

Learn as you go, training time is limited due a demanding work environment

November 14, 2022
Applewood is thrilled to hear such great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Wonderful, Supportive Company

Option to work four ten hour shifts a week. Weekly bonus structure. Fun company activities and awesome training. Opportunities to move to other positions in the company. Paid holidays.

Pros

Weekly bonus

October 24, 2022

Work ethic motivation

We have meetings twice a week regarding performance and safety topics. We are rewarded weekly for above average performance. And we are not called out or scolded for poor performance. This is very motivating and I feel very much appreciated here at applewood. I have never experienced a work environment that legitimately gave back on a consistent weekly basis for hard work. There are countless other examples of how this company gives back to its employees.

Pros

Management support- management attitude- team member moral- communication between departments

Cons

No cons for me.

October 18, 2022
Thank you for your wonderful review. We value our employees and love hearing you feel valued.

Productive, fulfilling, high energy, rewarding place to work.

I had been an electrician at another company (government agency) for 10 years. It was hard to leave, but through word of mouth I decided to interview at Applewood. It’s the greatest career decision I have ever made. I have never felt so supported by an employer, which in return drives me to being committed to them. Management is phenomenal, and extremely transparent. Expectations are set right out of the gate, and one of those expectations is to set personal goals. You are then given direction and support in order to achieve those expectations and goals. Definitely not the work environment for all trades people, but for the right ones, it is a highly motivating, and rewarding career.

Pros

Positive work environment, Reasonable and clearly set expectations, Performance feedback without games, Full support of Applewood behind you, Supportive co-workers, Very structured system that doesn’t leave you questioning “why am I doing this?”, Excellent benefits, Generous pay, and rewards for top performers which isn’t overly difficult to achieve.

October 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We're extremely happy to hear such positive feedback from you. We appreciate it and we look forward to you continuing to grow your career with us.

Great Company

Applewood is a great company to work for. Very ethically based processes. Management does a nice job of making sure you know that they are there to help you.

October 17, 2022
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Journeyman plumber

Applewood is an awesome company to work for. Plenty of work to keep you busy through the day. Managers are awesome and helpful. If you have any questions or concerns they are there to help

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

More driving than I am used to being from a small town

Great Local Company!

A great local company that cares about their employees. A fast-paced environment with motivating managers, great benefits, and a strong work-life balance.

October 17, 2022
We are thrilled to hear about your experience working here at Applewood. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Applewood is a great place to work, all the employees are great. There is a lot of room for growth and management is great and understanding. The management team is always providing incentives and always has open ears.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Long days

October 17, 2022
We're extremely happy to hear such positive feedback from you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Choose Applewood!

Applewood is a great company to work for! They always go out of their way to take great care of their employees, and even though they are big they still make it feel like a small, family-oriented shop. Sending in my resumé was the best career decision I’ve ever made in my life.

October 17, 2022

Supportive work environment that promotes balance with home life

Applewood has had a positive impact in my life as a work environment that promotes growth, hard work, and encouragement of others. There is a desire to provide ethical business practices and do our best work. Every day is slightly different and enjoyable - I have yet to have a bad day at work! Going home to spend time 100% focused on my family and not feel pressure to do work from home has been exactly what my kids needed at this point. The capacity to learn new information has opened up my eyes to a world I didn't know much about. I sincerely feel valued and cared about at work, and in turn can appreciate my colleagues.

Amazing Company!

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric is a GREAT company to work for. I truly love coming to work each day, knowing that I have the support I need to do my job to the best of my abilities. I feels great to be appreciated and valued.

Negative work environment in particular departments

Overall not a bad company. However the department I worked for had a particularly negative manager. I was not compensated the same as the other dispatchers.

June 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that your time with us hasn’t always been positive. At Applewood the views and voices of all employees matter. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Amazing work place

Applewood is the best job I have had, itdoesn't have that typical feel that anaverage job would have. It feels like afamily here. Applewood supports bothprofessional and personal growth. I wouldrecommend Applewood over and overagain to anyone. The benefits are also an amazing plus!!

March 7, 2022
Thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Great company to work for! :)

I have been at Applewood for just a handful of months and so far my time here has been very pleasant. You start off with the best training that will set you up for success! Has a very friendly work environment with collogues who are all willing to assist with any questions or concerns when needed as well as many opportunities given for weekly bonuses and great benefits! overall a 10/10 company to work for!

Cons

N/a

March 7, 2022
Wow, thank you so much! We strive to give our employees the best training possible to be successful in their new position.

Small, independent, family-owned company that does right by its employees.

I've been able to learn, grow and develop at Applewood. I feel great about working at a small local company. I'm appreciated and well taken care of. My work/life balance is perfect, my family time is respected. I recommend this company 100%.

Pros

Amazing benefits, family first culture, focus on growth, pro-active.

February 9, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in making sure our employees feel valued and appreciated.

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric is an awesome place to work!

Since becoming an employee with Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric, I have been trained by great managers and my fellow employees have welcomed me and encouraged me as I learn my new role. When you become an employee, you become part of a productive team that wants to help people. The work environment is fast paced and you are trained to meet the daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is growing as an employee, knowing that your growth is helping people with their repairs, and providing a happy experience for the customers.

Pros

Great pay and benefits!

July 28, 2021
Wow! Thank you so much for such an incredible review of Applewood. We truly value you as a member of our team, thanks for all you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits