Applied Industrial Technologies Employee Reviews

Not the same company it was years ago.
CSSR (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 8, 2018
Short staff always. Unreasonable expectations while manager off golfing/home polishing his personal club. Company has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Good old boy network politically, it works unless you want to be yourself otherwise they will set your exit up. It's a big company and only as good as local management in spite of all the claims. Some nice co workers but smarter co workers walked away when Company changed. 1 Back Stabbing co worker 1 Erudite know it all co worker trying to climb ladder to be with the good old boy network Management not able to work outside of corporate box mentality coupled with local management mentality really kills moral. Company rather proud of itself.
Pros
Free Lunches when learning about new products during your lunch hour.
Cons
read review
very high paced, can be stressful as a manager and I am SCM
Service Center Manager over two Service Centers (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 6, 2018
A typical work day for me is usually anywhere between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. - I'm on salary so our corporate doesn't care how many hours it takes as long as the work is done. I've got a good understanding of the SAP System. This is a very high paced job. The hardest part of my job is have to negotiate pricing for customers and get approvals from those in management above me. Most enjoyable has been that through this Job I've had the opportunity to travel to different locations to help them as the SAP System was set up in their region. Also, I've had a incredible General Manager, he keeps me calm in times of crisis/emergencies.
Pros
Some flexibility, because of the hours I work I'm able to leave early without taking vacation time. Also, sick time is not a set number of days until I go over 30 - 40 days.
Cons
Stressful working for large corporation
Poor Compensation and poor bonus structure
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 27, 2018
The account manager (salesman) gets the biggest piece of the bonus money pie, so you can't really earn a bonus check for doing your job. Upper management doesn't do anything to the saleman even though everyone complained the salesman is the primary cause of our sales growth not growing.
Applied Industrial Technologies - Excellent Place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 21, 2018
Great working environment and conditions. I would have remained in my position, but layoffs occurred due to down turn in economy. The management was excellent
Poor upper management, extemely poor customer interface software.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2018
In my time I observed several upper management issues and more than one ethics violation. Pay is not inline with positions at similar companies. Healthcare benefits are good. Their software is far less efficient than their competitors.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Upper management politics, company software.
Mixed Review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Williston, ND 58801August 1, 2018
Mixed Review about the company culture. I am not sure which direction they are headed. Training is poor. Lack of commitment to business. I am not sure how I feel.
Changing ,but not for the Good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2018
Dixie Bearing was a great company but it went public , all the management is there to keep the stock holder's happy, the service centers are under staffed ,
A lot is asked of those that are not hourly payed
Something new each day!
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2018
I came to AIT from a competitor. It was a great change in environment. People were mostly friendly and helpful, easy to get to know. Work was manageable and you are provided with the necessary tools to do your job well.
Pros
Some perks from visiting vendors
Good place to work, room to advance
Customer Service Reprosentative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 18, 2018
A lot of phone sales. Computer generated sales orders. Counter sales, cash sales. Working with the public was sometime trying. Too many office managers for the amount of employees.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Learning computer programs
Nice, somewhat laid-back environment except when workload is heavy, then fast-paced.
CSSR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2018
I would have liked to retire from Applied. I thought I was going to but was suddenly laid off with no warning at all. They moved my position and weren't willing to move me. I received a fair severence package and was deemed re-hireable, but I felt like a criminal on the day I was laid off, again WITH NO WARNING. They watched while I gathered a few personal belongings and escorted me out of the building. Humiliating to say the least. Their actions at the end clouded my view of them.
Knowledge of products and selling techniques.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 30, 2018
I gained a lot of knowledge with Applied in the rock and aggregate along with food accounts. The hardest part of the job was Applied didn't treat the inside and outside personnel like they should.
Stressful and not appreciated. Not a fun place to work at.
Office Manager, Account Manager, Customer sales (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PA 17201May 27, 2018
Liked the people I worked with but no support from upper management. A typical day is answering the phones, waiting on customers at the counter. Quoting customers pricing and delivery.
The hardest part is working with SAP.
Pros
Lunch and learns which vendors put on at the service centers.
Cons
Have to work through lunch.
Good place to learn and grow.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 20, 2018
Good place to learn, benefits good, my managers were good people and the inside sales staff was knowledgeable and supportive... growing pains with SAP, but they got past it. I'd work for them again if the opportunity was a right.
Pros
Co-workers, quality of products they sell
Great Place to Work if fully staffed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 29, 2018
I worked at a Service Center that was shorthanded with no help from corporate to fill the positions.
Very Stressful as an Account Manager with expectations set too high to acheive
Pros
Great to be out helping customers, Health Insurance was great
Cons
Too much to do in a 8 hour day, stressful environment, very hostile at times
Poor Upper Management
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 26, 2018
Location I worked at had great people. Upper management made terrible decisions. Instead of taking care of your major customers they focused way to much on brining in way to many small fish. Major customers became agitated and bought less. Not a very good business model set in place. Compensation for the work you do it no where near what it should be.
Overall good company
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 19, 2018
Overall good company to work for but the compensation is a hit or miss depending where you work. Good benefits and good culture. A little bit old school and not technology friendly.
Inside Sales (CSSR) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 11, 2018
A good place to work. Good pay for the job requirements as well as good insurance and benefits. Some times fast paced and multi-tasking is required but overall more of a regular routine. Even though I say routine, the job is not the same ole' same ole' every day. Some days are more challenging than others and makes it interesting.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short handed
Great place to work!
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
It's been just over a year and half since I have joined Applied Industrial and the company and the culture have been exactly what I had hoped for.
There is a lot of work to be done and I am enjoying being part of a collaborative culture where we can get a lot accomplished.
Not bad. It could be better could be worse.
A do a bit here and there (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 29, 2018
The guy below me is a crybaby snitch. His job is easy. He is just lazy. I'm sure his next employer will be thrilled to have him aboard. His pedo stache kinda freaks us out.
Pros
Hour lunches
Very stressful for the amount of compensation offered.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
Nationally Applied is in a position to dominate in its space. In Chicago and the surrounding area they have a struggle on their hands as competitive forces tend to have a deleterious affect on the quality of the decision making process.

Organic growth is constrained company wide and the reasons become apparent to anyone either in the stream or wake of the decision making process.
Over reliance on technological fixes to overcome deficiencies in high quality decision making leaves a gaping maw between the business plan and the subsequent results of that plan. Execution of the plan is what suffers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Industrial Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight