Applied Materials Employee Reviews

Productive position as management
Order management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2018
Applied Materials is the one of the big supplier companies for semiconductor. Everything is so organized and professional. I am still on the position and still happy with working at the AMAT.
good place to work if you can deal with the stress
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 18, 2018
Applied materials is a good place to work if you can deal with the stress. Certain job roles do not have much of a work/life balance. If you can cope with those issues, its not a bad place for a career.
Pros
good place for a career
Cons
stressful ... work/life balance issues
Traditional Semi Company will never die
PROCESS ENGINEER III SENIOR (Current Employee) –  SCLAApril 17, 2018
I have been working at Applied Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineering driving company. There is always 20%-30% great engineering team and cross-functional team to work together. Yes, I say only 20-30%

Cons

Too much politics and management team changes too much each year. Management not value great employee. It is hard to be promoted. Perhaps you need to work here over five years or longer... Employee likes to play games like leaving this company and jump back years later and will get much better salary and higher level career title. However, it is hard to be promoted and valued if you just work here loyally.

Advice to Management

1. Senior is not equal to old. Hiring more passionate and excellent younger employee especially business or supply chain function.
2. What would you make the company better if you hear that employee picks this company as it is good to wait for retire...It is not good, correct?
3. Very inefficient work process. You will always see that too many people work on one project and it becomes really inefficient.
Advanced Semiconductor Equipment
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 16, 2018
A challenging job with opportunities in the U.S and Abroad.
I've had the privileged to travel to Taiwan, China, Singapore, Korea, Japan and Europe during my time as Product Support Engineer.
Pros
Job Security and good benefits
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Amazing place to work!
Operations Program Manager, Synexis (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2018
Wow! What a fantastic place to work. They take great care of their employees. Great working environment, teamwork, people. The industry can be fickle and uncertain at times and leads to layoffs, but you can't blame that on AMAT. They ALWAYS took great care of me as an employee. Great supporter of military service members/reservists/guardsmen!! Thank you AMAT. I was recalled to active duty which is the only reason I left.
Pros
People/environment/facilities/benefits/management/free cookies & ice cream
They invented the cyclical layoff
Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
Off shore any operation at the drop of the hat. Petty empire building. Hidden agendas. A company too large and complex for most of it's employees to know what was going on.
Good Place to work
SAP Contractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 9, 2018
I enjoy working there, being a contractor though...is not always fun.
It's difficult for me to say really something about the entire company. I work in just one department. I have no idea what goes on in other departments.
Great company
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 4, 2018
Flexible work hours. Work and life is equally balanced. Great work hours and training program. Company really focus on training and developing their employees. Great benefits such as employee stock purchase plan available to all employees . Stock options etc
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches /great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Experience
data entry and Forklift (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2018
I worked for Applied Materials for about six months. Great place to work. I met many great people. Very poor management in shipping. Not too stressful.
Good benefits
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 27, 2018
The customer base is challenging yet interesting.
The employees are knowledgeable and helpful when you have questions.
The management is supportive when you have escalations.
Relaxing and fun because I like what I was doing
Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 24, 2018
I like that jobs. Unfortunately, the company closed.
If the company is not closed, I would stay there for ever! Because it is close to my house, in the same city. I could save lot of time travel to work. Working time we’re flexible. Boss was nice and friendly.
Pros
Flexible working times, close to my house, save lot of travel time to work.
Cons
Works Not consistent
Busy and tight timelines
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 20, 2018
The group is nice to work with and they keep the atmosphere upbeat, but it is demanding work at times and requires some overtime to complete the task. Management tries very hard to help everyone achieve their goals and sticks up for the department to try and keep expectations realistic. There is a lot to learn and they provide training, but the time constraints make it a challenge to find the time to train. They provide recognition when the group is successful and have opportunities to gather outside of work for recreation (golf league, fishing outings, bowling).
Pros
Donut thursdays, chili cookoffs, friendly coworkers
Cons
Demanding work and tight timelines
Great Technology Company
Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 18, 2018
Incredible People and Products.
Enjoyed the friends and great accomplishments we did together.
Great core products and new direction to support IOT (Internet of Things).
semi conductor company
Engineering Technician-RF Matches (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2018
Manage a production assembly line and conducting weekly meetings for current and upcoming quota needs of RF Matches. This also includes troubleshooting and reworking matches.
Pros
very high pace enviorment
Cons
contract assignment
very limited on advancement
Hillsboro, Oregon - Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 12, 2018
The management and training policies need updating. No structure within the company for their new hires. I recommend that they get a training supervisor.
Great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 10, 2018
Great company to work for. They provide benefits and opportunity to advance. They people are friendly and always willing to help. They have different locations and are global.
Fast pace workforce
Manager IV | Technology Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasMarch 8, 2018
18 plus years of traveling at 80% overseas
. Its a great company with excellent benefits. The company is either making lots of money or laying off. Its a great company when times are good
Leading edge
Director, Process Technology Development (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 5, 2018
State of the art technology and products. Opportunity to work on leading edge semiconductor equipment and process development. Company tries to do the right things. One of the top Ethical companies.
Pros
Cool technology, strong management, good benefits.
Cons
Customer base primarily based in asia and therefore requires lots of travel
Workplace Review
logistics/clean room technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
They worked with a flexible schedule and family oriented. If there is a family emergency they worked with you so you could take care of it. Casual wear was acceptable and workplace friendly.
Pros
Casual Clothes
Cons
No benefits
in the forfrount of technology
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Very exciding place to work, Applied Materials moved me all over the world working with customers developing the newest integrated chip designs, using the latest technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight