Applied Materials Employee Reviews

Typical work
Customer Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Performs the construction, assembly, installation and commission of equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems and/or the built-in hardware & software control programming, which includes relay control circuits, electronic boards. Most machines are PC-controlled, some use PLC’s. Some machines are linked to Customer’s IT network.
Team dynamics
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 18, 2018
My supervisor really made the team amazing. She hired a lot of enthusiastic Staffing Ops reps and we became like a family. Had a bull-pen set up office and collaborated a lot. A lot of flexibility, support and chemistry that was positive.
Pros
Team building activities
Cons
Had to pay for our own benefits
Work and life at AMAT
Installation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Applied Materials. I earned great experience working with different products and people, suppliers and customers. Though, it's tough travelling around the world but it was fun experiencing so many culture.
Process Engineer Intern/Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 13, 2018
A lot of talented people. There are always new things to learn every day. Team working within a team and collaborate between different teams are very essensial
Cons
No work/life balance
a good stepping stone
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Applied Materials can be a great place to work if you can manage to become regular full time. As a contractor, you don't receive the best benefit packages, no bonuses, limited PTO/Sick days. With it being semiconductor Supply change, that can really effect the job security. If the company is not ramping, then the possibilities of you getting laid off greatens. Layoffs can be common.
Pros
fixed schedule
Cons
benefits, bonuses, job security
Busy busy busy
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly people. Great pay. If you like factory work, this is the perfect place. Con: contract only. Don't hire very often. Pro: Pay
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract only
Awesome
Mechanical CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 6, 2018
Applied Materials is an awesome place to work. I've enjoyed going to work and interacting with my teammates every day. I'm grateful I've gotten the opportunity to learn and work from a great company.
Company to grow
Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
management and workplace is very family and group oriented. I had lots of opportunities to learn new and had lots of support from team members and management. They also have a lot of team building activities and support hobbies you may have outside of work. Great company to work for leaving in Austin.
Stressful
Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Don't care about work life balance just work people to the ground, 13 days straight at 1 minute & then less than 40 hrs a week the next schedule crazy
Excellent company
Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2018
Really good place to work. I travel about once a month. People are very nice and are always willing to help out. Applied is a very established company which means that all infrastructure is available.
Great Company
Materials Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 27, 2018
Excellent company to work for, they offer great pay, benefits, and stock purchase plans. It is very fast paced environment offering many challenges and rewards for performance.
Leading semiconductor
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 26, 2018
Leading semiconductor company. Rotation opportunities available. Career development is possible. Cyclical industry could lead to drastic reduction in force.
Pros
Leading semiconductor
Cons
Cyclical
Very Good company overall
Lead the team in implementation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
I loved this company to provide me so many opportunities to grow and build my career here. It is pretty diverse in culture, the only challenge sometimes is working timezones on a regular basis which takes away your work life balance.
Challenging Enviornment
Customer Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. Transformation of business focus over the last decade has resulted in a more negative impact on overall ability to provide customer service than is recognized. However we are still one of the leaders in semi-conductor manufacturing and there is a vast spectrum of opportunities within the different sectors of the company, making it a very diverse and inviting environment to work in.
Pros
Camaraderie in the workplace; Benefits and Salary
Cons
Management Decisions
Very productive and a lot of friendly people to work with
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
There's a lot of different types people that work here. People from all over the world. So with it being so diverse, everyone is really friend my with each other and the job itself is easy. No guessing to it.
High Paced High Tech Environment
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
Applied Materials manufactures equipment used by other companies, the engineering positions are challenging as you are working as a vendor to the companies purchasing and using the equipment. People skills are a must. When you know how to be an effective vendor/engineer it is an enjoyable job.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, flexible hours
fast paced, productive work enviroment
New Products Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2018
got experience working in fast paced manufacturing environment, cleanrooms, working with seasoned engineers, cafeteria was good, employees are happy, free gym.
Pros
free gym, cheap lunches, flexible hours
Cons
not many cons
A great company to work for
Maydan Technology Center Group, Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 19, 2018
Semiconductor industry has always been in high pace, new technologies constantly evolving almost every six months. As technologist, there are a lot of challenges but it is fun having a new goal to reach constantly. I really enjoyed my work.
Pros
Good working environment and great coworkers.
Cons
Sometimes wasting resources.
Everything depends on the department you are in.
Materials Coordinator/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
EPG group is stressful, but they take care of you, management is great, and you will have fun, but full-time positions are rare.

GCC is also stressful, but management sucks, depending on your shift you may or may not get extra benefits, favoritism is not hidden at all, but they pay great and they offer more full-time positions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Time at Applied Materials
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
My time at Applied was a great experience for me as a person and as an employee they take the time to show you what you need to become a valued part of a team. The company always took safety concerns to the highest level and always put employee safety first. I worked in the clean room fab on the intel site in hillsboro OR. The every day job is ever changing from day to day operations to the most technical diagnosis of a problem. the work variety was very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight