Applied Memetics LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
COO (Current Employee) –  DC metro areaJanuary 26, 2018
- Innovative and stimulating
- Focused on staff
- Good opportunities for career advancement
- Several locations to work
- Offers training programs to support professional growth and new position openings
Last Company You'll Want To Work For
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2018
I transitioned from the Department of Homeland Security USCIS to work for Applied Memetics LLC. AM have not only proved to be a competition with the federal government, but has also shown to provide better lifestyle. The culture and work ethic of AM has not only gave me confidence as my last company to work for, but also the assurance of upward mobility and career progression.
Pros
Workload is forecast ahead and provide ample time to prepare and execute, Management is supportive and provides guidance and assistance when needed, Communication is beyond reproach as from the top down is an open door policy, Benefits are phenomenal and competitive, Moral is very high as each individual motivates one another daily, Cross training in other departments is feasible upon interest, Work/ Life Balance is essential as management encourage time off and family time
Cons
Honestly cannot provide any
Leadership really cares
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 17, 2018
Most people would say that a company is only as good as the people it hires. Well, that is true but it has to start with leadership. AM has what every company needs; excellent leadership who really care about their employees. It's almost as if leadership sends down a blessing by their care and in turn they receive praises such as this from their employees. It's less about the money and more about the needs of the people; the way every company should be run.
Pros
Leadership that really cares about their employees.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Great and supportive environment to work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2017
The culture is one of open collaboration where team members are encouraged to think and act innovatively and independently to achieve the objective. The management provide the necessary support and tools to get the job done and are open to suggestions on how to improve processes. Even though some of the team are remotely located, communication between teams works well and it has been easy to build rapport with them even without having met them! The company is supportive of training and personal development goals and opportunities.
Pros
great benefits and atmosphere to work in
Cons
None that I can think of
Excellent Company with a great future
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 22, 2017
Applied Memetics is an excellent company with a great future. Many companies do government IT consulting and contracting. Very few companies actually see its consultants as the core part of the company. Most of the team members at A.M. work remote, so the company goes the extra mile to get you involved with the team. When you join A.M. in a non-manager capacity, you will discover that your non-manager status doesn't matter. You'll show up in the newsletter, you'll get opportunities for free baseball game tickets, you'll be invited to join management meetings off the bat. The workplace culture fosters innovation and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Excellent experience so far!
Pros
Remote work and Many opportunities to make a difference.
Great Place to work
Junior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
The job placement was perfect for my skill sets, the employees are very quick to respond to any questions. They knew exactly how to prepare me for the onboarding process for the company I was going to work for. The job description was on point and very detailed.
Pros
benefits, compensation, skill advancement
Cons
Great team work, and management.
IT Analyst Security management division (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 3, 2017
During the one year I have been working with Applied Memetics I have really enjoyed the team work, and not being micromanaged while I work. I have been able to learn the job role and now helping new hires learn the job role also. Training the new team mates has also pushed me to learn more about the role myself so that I can pass this knowledge off to them.
Pros
Being able to work from home when needed makes family life a lot easier.
Cons
The healthcare for my family was a little high.
Remote
Junior system engineer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 28, 2017
Love this va contact. Serving again. ..what I do matters. Quiets to never have gave to face meetings. Boss on the ready coast while I'm on the west coast.
Pros
No micro management. I matter. Flexible hours and work location.
Cons
No family package health care.
Great company! Love my job!
Systems Engineer, Junior (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2017
There aren't too many companies these days that truly care about their employees. Applied Memetics is a small company with a big heart. They are fiscally responsible so you know you have a job tomorrow and they are concerned about the welfare of their employees and that you truly love your job. Never had an issue contacting the home office and getting answers. They are responsive and truly care you are taken care of the best they can. One thing I appreciate is they have good integrity. They say what they mean and mean what they say. Very good place to work even if you are remote. They make you feel you are in the same office.
Pros
Excellent communication. They care about their employees
Cons
None. This is a good company.
Great company to work for as remote employee
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2017
Committed group of co-workers, and managers. I've been employed as Software Engineer for more than a year now serving VA CRISP project. I love the challenge, and am honored to serve our veterans wherever possible. Living in Minneapolis, MN., I work both remotely, and onsite Minneapolis VAMC, which provides me a very flexible working environment. I've already been promoted to senior level engineer, and demonstrates room for professional growth and promotions. Employees are provided great benefits, and I highly recommend Applied Memetics to motivated, self-starting individuals.
Pros
I save time, gas, and money not having to commute each/every working day to onsite facility.
Cons
None.
Great Company with Unlimited Upside
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 24, 2017
I've been with Applied Memetics going on 2 years and I have been enjoying my excursion so far. My colleagues here are talented and professional and the staff here are extremely knowledgeable and supportive of our future endeavors to enhance our careers!
Pros
Full benefits, outings, career focused and trustworthy
Room to grow in sophisticated telework environment
Producer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2017
Well-developed virtual office/telework environment enables you to set your own own goals and figure out how to meet them, without micro-management or bureaucratic obstacles. Access to the most current technology and tools, as well as the training required to get to the next level. Interesting work assignments that deal with significant contemporary issues.
Pros
Work with other people who know how to telework effectively and manage time well
Cons
If you prefer social setting of a traditional office desk or cubicle, telework/virtual office environment of AM may not be for you.
Nice company with a small company feel
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2016
I've only worked at this company for a few months, but i've been so impressed with the professionalism of my coworkers. It has a flat-management style which is great for collaboration. They use the latest in open source, which is another big plus.
Great Place To Work
System Administrator, Expert Level I (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2016
Great small company to work for, that provides as great work and life balance. Management has an open door policy. Room for growth in both career and life.
Pros
Cares about employees
Cons
With this being a small company, benefits are a little slim compared to larger companies.
Great company!
Junior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 30, 2016
The staff is very helpful from the hiring process all the way through until now. Their response time is fantastic to all of my questions.
Pros
Excellent staff, pay is great, great benefits, I don't have anybody standing over me.
Cons
Pay is monthly.
Security Engineer III
Security Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILOctober 28, 2016
This is a great company to work for! They show concern for their employee's needs and development. Easy to talk to and to work with. Always available when I need help or support.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation.
Cons
Newer company that is still growing and forming solid patterns.
Good People-Small Company
Sr Business Analyst-Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 11, 2016
First time contractor for government can be a little overwhelming, AM was very helpful. All of the employees from CEO down are very approachable and ready to help.
Unique Company With A Strategic Vision
Digital Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.C.July 15, 2015
Applied Memetics is a challenging but rewarding place to work; the company is constantly growing and looking for new ways to expand. Creative thinking towards developing the business is rewarded. The experience gained from working with major government clients is a huge plus.

There is a lot of camaraderie between employees, even across different client accounts. The entire team stays busy - no one has only one job. The work-life balance, however, is great, and the advantage is that everyone has multiple opportunities to engage in diverse, interesting projects to which they may not have been exposed at a more traditional "sit-in-front-of-a-computer-and-only-do-one-thing" job.

Self-starters will quickly advance; hard work and measurable results are rewarded.
Pros
Supportive management, good benefits, exposure to interesting projects
Cons
Difficult to "move up" in the traditional sense, as titles are not as important as project results
Great work/life balance and excellent compensation.
Director Of Operations (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2015
Applied Memetics provides an incredible work culture along with a great work/life balance. The future is bright at AM!
Dynamic start-up with great opportunities for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2015
AM boasts a small business culture, flat management, and a focus on employee engagement and advancement. Team members are expected to contribute and expand their horizons, and most of all deliver superior services and capabilities to a diverse customer base across the government and commercial space.
Pros
Family-friendly, flexible hours. Great benefits.