Applied Perceptions LLC Employee Reviews

Was very fast paced but they had a great training program that helped every step of the way.
Exact Staff (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 2, 2019
This company was helpful to the team members on resolving customers conflicts. The training program was amazing and taught all details of the job. Very professional.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Not impressed
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2019
Poor management, stressful work environment with poor instructions and directions. I don't recommend gaining employment from their company. No room for growth. The company doesn't celebrate accomplishments of the employees, nor do they provide employee reviews for proper job coaching.
Pros
A lot of overtime hours
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2019
I loved working for them, the managers and CEO are the best people. Employees are fun to be around, it was always great to show up to work. I was able to be flexible with my schedule.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
I had to leave
Not a fan of the facilities
Dyson Dedicated Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 30, 2018
Worked here for a year and a half despite the fact that the moment they had taken us new hires on a tour of the building I knew that the job was not going to work out for me. I'm not sure if this is commonplace at all, but this is the only place that I've been asked to provide customer service from a folding table. They'd cram as many us into a room as possible with no partitions to thoroughly ensure that whomever you were on the phone with had to fight to pick your voice out from 5+ others in the immediate area, I'd have customers answering my coworkers' questions frequently. This made it very awkward as a Dyson Rep, having my customers asking me about male vitality and how its related to their $500 vaccuum. None of my coworkers could afford the 'competitive benefits' that they provided. The building itself is falling apart, just before I had left, the air conditioning system in the room I worked in broke and once it was 'fixed' the temp stayed around 80° until I left. It does not appear that the carpeting or ceiling tiles had ever been replaced since the building had been put up and I had plenty of coworkers, myself included, who would have allergy-like symptoms whenever we were in the office. I was paid minimum wage the entire time that I worked here. The 'incentives' to be a hard worker and show up on time were a joke, raffle tickets so that you and your coworkers could fight over blankets and cookware, and casual Mondays if you showed up on time throughout the week. Managment constantly nitpicking, I have never worked for a place where common practice for calling out was  more... to try and shame the person into coming in. Which especially sucked considering that I had agreed one week to help out and work 6 days and then found myself scheduled 6 days a week for the rest of my time there and Sundays in Simi Valley do not lend themselves as good days to run errands as most businesses are closed. Decent place to work if you consider yourself less than human.  less
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Literally everything else
wow
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 11, 2018
i did not enjoy working here I had to work 12 hour days sometimes we would go without a single phone call in a day. The hours were brutal but when it was fast paced it was stressful
Seasonal position loved working here
Strong Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
Like i stated I Loved working here, yes long hours but that's more money for you, I love the people I work with, they loved me but those Dyson customers were something else, I mean rude and entitled and lied alot, other than that AP was the best place to work. If you like to work.
Pros
Money and Over Time!!!
Cons
none really
Caring Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 21, 2018
I've been with AP on and off since November 2015. I'll be the first to admit that yes, being a customer service rep was stressful to say the least, but I'd like to see a customer service place that isn't stressful. At the end of the day, the pay was good and especially the commission. Plus they offer benefits for all full time employees. AP and its management helped me grow and taught me a lot. I always got along with my co workers, supervisors, and managers. As long as you do your job, there won't be any issues. I don't know why people are saying it was hard to get time off. As long as you put in a request 2 weeks in advance there shouldn't be any issues. I left the company 2 times but I always end up coming back because I experience how other companies treat their employees and no other job has been so good to me like AP has. They welcomed me back with open arms and cared about me not only as an employee but as a person, which is a lot more than I can say about other employers I've had.
Great experience to build valuable skills!!!!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 21, 2018
I learned to lose the fear of talking to people and treating them with respect and as a future client although they might of been upset. One of the keys was to turn around the negative to the positive and I learned that well here.
I also learned how to persuade people and build value in the products we sold. One of the most important skills I learned was to work ambitiously for a bigger pay check getting as much commission as I could and to have a high self esteem regardless of what people said. I will never regret the experience Applied Percetions allowed me to gain.
Pros
They give free pizza, have a pingpong table in the break room, as well as game systems to play video games.
Cons
They didnt my favorite creamer for morning coffee.
Want money? Life long Experience? Job security?
Multiple (Former Employee) –  Simi ValleySeptember 21, 2018
I joined the AP team for almost 4 years and I have nothing bad to say about the company. Working at AP taught me skills that allowed me to grow within the company and now in my career. I was able to learn, train others, and advance. Yes this job isn’t for everyone, but you only make what you put into a job. AP allows you to grow financially, skillfully, and you meet some great lifelong friends!
Pros
Knowledge, Skills, Culture
Cons
Can’t think of any
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi ValleyAugust 23, 2018
I worked for this company for 4 months. They say it’s jusy an inbound call center but in reality they want you to sell sell sell. They are desperate for money, management is horrible. They treat you like a slave and complain when you take too long to go to the bathroom. To sum it all up this company is a joke and shouldn’t be operating but that’s what you get when you work for people that barely finished high school.
Real modern day sweatshop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 2, 2018
I wouldn’t work for them again for all the tea in China. Real sleazy management, blatantly lied to, accused of, & released for a trumped up reason to free the position for somebody’s buddy who spoke Spanish. Reverse discrimination at it’s finest. Yesterday’s wages. Total waste of my time.
Pros
My immediate co-workers were nice kids
Cons
Culture was great, hours and compensation lacked
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 21, 2018
This is a call center that is so great to start at. Typical day consisted of logging in, answering calls, answering CS emails from support and troubleshooting with customers. Pay was above minimum but the only money maker here is the overtime. Work a 12-hour shift for 5 days a week and you're making OK money. However, business slows down or maybe a clients contract is up and there goes the overtime. I really loved the people here though so it makes it worth it.
Pros
Discounts on products, coworkers
Cons
10 min breaks, 30 min lunch, stressful
stressful, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 18, 2018
stressful, favoritism, supervisors getting mad at hold times while also not allowing you time after calls to finish up notes and they do the bare minimum, you can have empathy and great customer service skills but pushing sales is all they care about, don’t recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
management, being timed for everything
sweatshop environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 16, 2018
working 60 hrs a week against my will, zero bathroom breaks, forced to sell-sell-sell, no water allowed to drink, one 30 min break in 12 hr shift, got some money in a class action suit though!
if you’re looking for a sign not to work here, this is it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 14, 2018
this place sucks. horrible management, they’re all lazy and don’t do anything, they’re so scammy and don’t care about anything but the sales. they also don’t schedule anyone on the weekends so count on having back to back calls. they definitely do not pay enough for the job or give sufficient timed breaks. they’re always on your butt about sales and there’s literally no way you can move up working here. they also watch your personal time so if you go to the bathroom they’re on your butt if you take a certain amount of time. even the desks are literally party tables - poor work environment. $11 is NOT worth this.
Pros
Cons
all around bad
not enough down time , stressful
Over the Phone Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2018
AP was a very stressful place to work , only 30 min lunches when we take a lot of calls ,also they get on you when you go red for 1 min. also you have to ask permission to use restroom , its like grade school .
Cons
Great place for a steady job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 21, 2017
its a secure job if you do everything right, not a place you should stay forever, no room for growth. just smile and dial, it was a great place for me to start my life, great stepping stone.
Long Days
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 18, 2017
Worked long hours from morning to almost night time, was hard to take a break with how many incoming calls would come. hard to request time off with how many employees there were.
Building rapport and understanding for customers
Over 1000 customer service calls per day (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CA 93063September 22, 2017
this was a challenge for me , i wasnt used to upselling but this job taught me how to be confident in saying something and selling it to someone . by far my best customer service job i learned so much
Pros
great team
Not a pleasant company
Agent (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 5, 2017
Long 12 hour shifts, late 30 min lunch never before the 5th hour, always workjng weekends the 8 hour shift .. managers were not professional. I wasnt happy here it was stressful ALOT of negative no pros here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Perceptions LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Applied Perceptions LLC Reviews by Location