Applied Technology Group

Applied Technology Group Employee Reviews

United States17 reviews
There was plenty of opportunities at this company from Two way radio, sales to IT. Decent benefits and pay, but this dosen't out wiegh the president's unprofessionalism toward her employees. She has a lost several long time employees of hers over the last few years and it's a pity, because it's a great company on forward customer facing side, but not internally.
Pros
Technology to play with everyday
Cons
President was unprofessional
Everyday is a new day and it's awesome. New products are constantly coming out and challenging you to be better and be on top of things. I really enjoy my time working at ATG and I don't see why there are negative comments. There will always be grumpy people but don't let that push you away. See for yourself!
Pros
Great Managers, Good People, Fun Work Environment
One of the best places I have ever worked at. I worked in the front office and got taught a lot! I personally loved the main boss she helped teach me how to think outside of the box and how to handle situations professionally. I unfortunately had to move so I am no longer with the company but if you have an opportunity to work here, I would take it in a heartbeat!
Pros
Learned a lot and easy to talk to management
You learn a lot at this company and management is great! If you are a hard worker and like to learn new things this is a great company for that. Once some of the negative coworkers left the work environment changed for the BETTER. The team is way more cohesive without them.
Pros
Teamwork & Management
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Absolutely nothing bad to say about this company. I loved working there, even if only for a short time. Got let go primarily due to the epidemic. I'd go back in an absolute heartbeat.
Very good company to work for...and very supportive coworkers. Have opportunities to do my best for company. Very ........................................................
...

This company is all about the family and their friends.
If you are hired as an outsider they will fire you for any simple mistake or if the president is a bad mood.

They will not correct the problem with you alone, they will put you on a spot with the rest of the group.

There are other communication companies in town that most likely will appreciate the employees.

Stay away from ATG.
My experience with ATG was very positive. The management was very welcoming and supportive. They recruited skilled developers and were very flexible. They've grown a lot recently and seem to have many interesting opportunities worth considering.
Great company to work for if you already have some experience in telecommunications. It’s a mom and pop business but they treat their employees great!
This company has no sense of itself. To start with , it is a very unprofessional organization. It might have something to do with the fact that company is headquartered out of Arkansas and the labor laws are more looose than in Arizona. They dont really have any policies or procedures in place that are benificial to employees and the Management structure is practcally non existent. I have never seen a company or its "leaders" say one thing, then do another as often as this place. Aside from a handful of people, no one is happy with their job or the company. This company is only growing because they buy other companies. "The Banana Rots from the top down" could not be more true in this case.
Epitome of toxic work place. While there are some amazing people here there are enough bad to make it uncomfortable. Training program is self guided and if you have little knowledge of the industry stay away. No existing sales procedures or knowledge of sales funnel. Good luck if hired here.
I enjoyed working for applied technology. They took me in with little experience in telecommunications. The owners themselves trained me which i felt was really nice. The owners are very nice caring people
Youre a Autodesk reseller which currently is changing the way they charge for software and are not very well liked by customers. Sales is treated as hourly workers and the comp plan only gets worse. Even when you're successful still doesn't feel like it because of low commissions.
Pros
Chill sales team
Cons
Low pay, working for Autodesk
There are "extras" we get like outings for couple hours at state fair once a year, a day at the races once a year. But not much at providing opportunities for some type of advancement. Additionally only sales & management have an opportunity for pay advances through bonuses & commission.
Pros
Can be fun is very fast paced
Cons
Little opportunity for advances in pay or job growth.
Applied Technology Group (ATG) is a leading vendor in Autodesk products. Based in Little Rock, AR they are the best choice for Autodesk products and training. Unlike other vendors who offer cookie cutter education on Autodesk products, ATG tailors its education to your specific needs.
Small business sales company that does a lot of business. Fun work atmosphere with competitive ping pong tournaments a lunch.
HQAMC was very fast pace and demanding. On occasion the job required long hours. Co-workers were great people that were always willing to pitch in and assist when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace.