Applied Textiles Employee Reviews

Great People, company continuing to improve
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 21, 2019
The people are great to work with, and there is plenty of room to excel in your department or other departments. Sometimes the pressure of the work load and the misunderstanding of management can be stressful
Great work place
Receving (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCOctober 22, 2018
I truly miss working at applied textiles I wish I can come back and start working there again I recommend this job to anybody because I enjoyed my time with them
Pros
Great people great environment
Cons
Drama
Don’t work here
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bryon centerAugust 24, 2018
It’s plan and simple your going to miserable every day you go to work. HR does not care about wherehouse employees she is more interested in fitting in and being around the office employees. By far the worst place I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Hot summers and cold winters but great people.
RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 18, 2018
Applied Textiles is on the leading edge in Nano Coating Technology. Their products are top of the line and they have facilities in 2 states.

The hardest part of my job was working in the heat. If it was 95 degrees outside it was 110 inside. It made it miserable and almost unbearable at times. On the other hand it was one of the best places I have ever worked. It was very laid back. The people were always kind. There was never a dull moment you could always hear laughter throughout the day.

I would recommend Applied Textiles to anyone that thinks they can put up with the climate in the building.
Pros
breaks often ( because of the heat, the employees
Cons
Very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.
Staffing Partner
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIApril 20, 2018
We are proud to partner with Applied Textiles to help them fulfill their staffing needs. If you are looking to work for an innovative company that values it's employees Applied Textiles is the place for you.
Please save yourself the trouble and say no to this job!!
Production (Current Employee) –  Byron centerMarch 11, 2018
Working at applied textiles was probably my worst ever job experience, management is extremely disrespectful and some of the male managers were extremely vulgar!! Female management there is very difficult to work for! And office staff is rude and stuck up! They make false promises to good employees about raises.....and take advantage of loyal employees!
Pros
A handful of good employees.
Cons
Management!!!
Not a good place to work
production (Current Employee) –  Byron CenterMarch 8, 2018
the people there are good. Everyone gets to know each other.
Great divide between management and production employees
there isn't any chance for growing and raises are not likely going to happen. Need to be able to train yourself because you will get little or no training. The pay does not compensate for the poor treatment or the stress put upon you.
Pros
kind and caring employees
Cons
overbearing uncommunicative management.
Great Compnay
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIFebruary 28, 2018
Very friendly environment. People know each other by name. Great staff at all levels that work hard and are excited about the cutting edge technology we are a part of.
Very Difficult Place To Want To Work Hard For.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIFebruary 13, 2018
Applied Textiles is a great company to learn and grow; with a lot of hard working amazing people.

However due to major under-staffing, and a very high stress and work load, your dedication felt very determined by the number of hours you were willing to work (on salary) and not the quality of your work or how efficient you were able to make your position. This was especially prevalent in the Account Management Team, where it became very resentful and 'catty' between the staff as everyone was very overworked and overwhelmed.

All and all I was very lucky to have worked here and learned as much as I did, and I wish the company lots of success.
Pros
Great People, Advancement Opportunites, Lots of Free Lunches
Cons
Very limited breaks or lunch hours. High Stress, Lots of overtime.
Great place to learn and grow
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed my daily work inspecting incoming goods. Good friendly people, Decent benefits and pay. Works hours can go way up but never under 40
Great Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Always enjoyed my time there. Great people, customers and suppliers. Fun, upbeat, fast paced, laid back. overall great environment to work in
Learning Experience
Account Management & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MINovember 10, 2015
Working at Applied Textiles was a challenging position that has taught me how to better balance my work load and life. I am grateful for the experience this office environment has given me and look forward to using many of the skills in my new journey.
Pros
Wonderful experience dealing with my customers and coworkers directly on a daily basis
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun place to work, great people, but lack of management and low potential to grow
Lead Lab Technician & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MISeptember 17, 2014
Applied Textiles was a great place for me to learn and grow for 8 years. I have learned a lot of skills that will be a great asset to bring with me to another company. The people I worked with were wonderful and are considered a part of my family. The management lacked and consistency lacked.

The most difficult part of my job was the lack of leadership
The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily laughs from my friends and coworkers along with the satisfaction of making customers happy and achieving goals.
Pros
Laid back environment, great staff, job variety
Cons
Bad management, unrealistic expectations, no room for growth
great group of people who work hard and play hard with happy hour!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Great and loyal team, many opportunities to be an educator as well as being educated on a daily basis of new processing technologies, textiles and testing.

Reviewing customer orders
Attending daily manufacturing meeting
Managed accounts where Applied is the supply chain manager which entailed working with suppliers, ensuring first quality and required on time delivery to multiple locations domestically and internationally.
Managing orders and manufacturing to ship as needed for orders which required processing technologies only.
Building customer relationships to ensure that we are exceeding customers expectations.
Working closely manufacturing and testing lab.

The most enjoyable part of my day was working with customers and ensuring that all of their requirements were met, building the relationship which would benefit all companies involved for better productivity and managing cost. Working closely with the teams in quality and manufacturing/distribution made this possible.
Pros
very tight and loyal team
Cons
job work/life balance