Appolo Heating, Inc Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
No Respect to Techncians
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 28, 2015
You can go from "Hero" to "Zero" in an instant.
Hard work doesn't matter
Dedication doesn't matter
Highly inexperienced Service Manager with absolutely no supervisory or people skills. Always assumes the worst of technicians.
Pros
Location, nice clientele for the most part
Cons
Ineperienced Service Manager, no respect for technicians.
survived and grew within a company buyout.
lead maintenance technition /service technition (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYMarch 13, 2014
When I first started with Appolo Heating they were a large family owned business,being bought-out by a large steel company,so employee turn over was high. Throughout the company I would see 3 new faces replacing 3 old ones every week on average for approximately 1 year. My department (service) had gone through 4 different managers until the right one was found, and now had a years worth of mismanagement too clean up. I was promoted to lead maintenance tech. and had a direct hand in the restructuring of the service department. Training and or retraining service personnel in the maintenance end of the job. I also made top 3 in company sales for the company. I was well liked and respected there. Best job I ever had.
Appolo Heating, Inc.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Appolo Heating, Inc. is a heating & cooling company that provides sales, installation, and service
Excellent work enviroment, help is always availbale if ever needed.
HVAC Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam NYDecember 16, 2012
A typical day at work starts of by recieving your first call the previous night. I like to arrive at my first call by 8am. I leave my house according to how long it takes me to get there. Once I arrive i call into the office to let them know i have arrived, After completion of the call, I call back into the office to let them know what i have completed and to receive my next call. The day continues like that until all calls are completed. I learned the company's procedure to do annual maintenance on various equipment. I also learned how to manage my time properly as well as communicate with customers so they could understand what exactly was done and what improvements could be made to help improve the systems efficiency. The management has change over time and cause a little confusion in the begining which is common. is had improved greatly since. All of my co-workers are very skilled technicians and are always available if ever needed. Even in the office everyone will do anything they can to help. The hardest part about my job is working on equipment i have never been properly trained on. But when i call a senior tech they are more than happy to walk me through it and help familiarize it with me. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer thanks me for my service and I know i have truly help them. Overall the company was a pleasure to work for and i recommend them highly, not only to work for them but to have service done by them.
Pros
taking the van home overnight.
Cons
not many hours during the slow season