APPS Paramedical
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

APPS Paramedical Employee Reviews for Examiner

APPS Paramedical insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Not getting paid fast enough

Sometimes you don't get paid for a case until 2-3 weeks after case was done.So you have to make sure you keep track of all your cases to make sure you get paid.

Pros

Making your own schedule

Cons

Not getting paid for cases done right away

Great job

Great company to work for. You get to make your own schedule. My schedule always stayed fully booked. It was my full time job, did 4 days a week averaging 30 hrs and received a pay check as if it were the standard 5 days, 40 hours. You do supply your own ink and paper. The pros outweigh the cons. I loved being mobile and having the flexibility to go on vacation anytime I wanted. It's independent contractor work completing insurance physicals.

Pros

Schedule felxibility

You make your own schedule

You say when and where you want to work. Unfortunately, the type and amount of work is out of your control. You may very well drive an hour away from your house, do said app which can take 15 to 30 minutes, and then drive an hour back, and spend about an hour uploading documents, calling customers, and printing paperwork. You go through paper and ink like a mad man. You use your own car which you can expect to put over 100 miles a day with. You are not reimbursed gas or ink or paper costs. No benefits. This is more of a side job like Uber or lyft. Lastly, you can have 4 appointments a day or 12. It's too much of a risk to make this a full time job.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

No benefits, paychecks are based on clients, and wear and tear in car/printer

A good side gig.

I’ve done exams since about 1990 and worked for small independent companies as well as the bigger ones like ExamOne, PortaMedics and APPS. All in all the experience has been a good one. The job is flexible. The salary is okay and I did it on my days off to make some extra money while I was a paramedic in NYC. The reason I gave it only two stars is because of several experiences I had with APPS at the Hartsdale NY office. When I worked for them 15 or more years ago it was a disaster. Reimbursement was incorrect they’d always forget to pay for no-shows, staff would contact me not knowing the appointment had already been cancelled and scheduling was a mess. When I went back years later the new manager assured me that things were much different. They were not. It was more of the same including “emergency” calls in the middle of the day to drive 20 miles when another paramed couldn’t make it. The office staff worked really hard and were visibly stressed by the atmosphere and chaos. APPS needs to be more diligent in the choices they make when hiring management.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Bad management

Office staff

The office is exceptional and ready to help with any personal obstacles that may get in the way completely open to allowing the family to come first. Willing to help if there is disagreement with other staff or clients or agents. Over all a very caring and compassionate company to work for.

Pros

Flexible hours. Caring staff. Independent work environment

Cons

Low in pay.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Not a good place to work. Not a hourly job.

No mileage pay. Wear and tear on your vehicles. No insurance benefits. Supplies are bought by examiners no reimbursements.. No acknowledgements of the work you do on a daily basis.

the low pay rate

This is a good starter job but is not the type of company to work for if you are trying to advance in your life such as buying a home or a car there is no stability and you're not paid for travel or the time it takes to make the calls to schedule your clients.

Flexibility

APPS is a pretty great company to work for. You can make your own hours and your own available days. Supervisors are very helpful and set you up to succeed.

Positive

Love this job just wish it was more stable Would love to have more cases a day Everyone is helpful Love everyone they are so will to help and they get back to you fast

Always buying supplies no reimbursement. Negative feedback no positive and make no $ after buying required items.

Always buying ink, paper, fax machine, copy machine, gas and you do lots of work on your own time. Negative co-workers and you make no money after buying required items but manager makes plenty.

Do not recommend

They will draw you in with visions of high pay checks and flexible schedules then only schedule you one or two cases a WEEK because they hired someone else for the area

Not consistent

Bad place to work no training you are double booked sometimes and not paid for gas. You run out of supplies and have to wait to receive them after appointments are already set.

Pros

Cons

Low pay

Good

Apps has been a good place to work. I like the flexible schedule and the ability to work on my own time. I started part-time to supplement my full-time job and worked into pretty much full-time

great place to work

great place to work, not much room for growth or ability to move up in the company. No health benefits, and the fact that they do not take taxes out is a downer.

24/7 job. Difficulty contacting clients. You don’t get paid for no-shows.

Take care of your own taxes. Same salary for 15 years. You can make your own schedule but spiteful declining work. 50% of the clients are ignorant. Wear and tear on your car.

Nice place to work if you like to travel

Nice place to work if you like to travel. I work as an independent contractor. No benefits and no guarantee to have work in place. This would be a great fill in job for extra money.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Travel, no benefits, no guarantee work

Fun/easy job but not worth the time

The people I worked with at APPS (both within the company and the clients) were some of the best people I have ever been around. The day to day work duties are very easy. However, between the personal time and monetary investment required for this job, I would have to say it is not worth it. I was very lucky to have a lot of equipment lent to me, but most examiners would have to purchase it all on their own. They are supposed to keep you in a 45 mile radius of your home, unless you want to go further ("for more money"...not). I found myself going outside of my radius on a regular basis; a few times a week, and sometimes daily. There will be very slow days/weeks, where you could make no money. You could drive all the way to a clients home (because you still have to show up even if they dont answer your phone call) and only get paid $5 for a no show. Dont get me wrong, some days I made a really big profit (like $200 for one day), but those days are far and few between. There is too much work outside of the exam (processing specimens for shipment, uploading paperwork, printing and pre-filling paperwork, calling clients, etc) that you dont get paid for. There have been many days where I had a client at 8:00, a client at 2:00, and nothing in between; so you can basically hang out in that town for 5 hours and not get paid anything for that time. Between that and the driving of your own personal vehicle (wear and tear, and gas on your car), the little bit you get isn't really worth it. If you are coming from a minimum wage job, with a car that is paid for and you dont care about, -

Pros

Flexibility, Great People, easy work

Cons

Pay, no benefits, 1099

Horario flexible

Algo bueno que siempre tenia la compañía es que el horario siempre fue según la disponibilidad.

Pros

Flexibilidad

Cons

No hay beneficios

schedule your own

I like scheduling my own clients. I love the traveling and meeting different folks. A downfall is folks thinking I am a telemarketer. I like being able to let my personality out, being myself.

Every office not the same

When I worked for APPS in Arkansas pay was much higher and deductions taken from your check was 0 but working for APPS in Atlanta pay is low even though the work load is higher and you are charged for everything. I love working my own hours. I love the flexibility but its not worth the money you get in return.

Pros

Flexibility in work hours and days

Cons

Low Pay

Work from home

You would work from home . Calling Clients and scheduling appointments. Than , you would go out to the client complete the exam as needed . Return home and process the blood and urine for testing and shipping.

Pros

You can make your own schedule

Cons

If you don't see the client, you don't get paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APPS Paramedical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare APPS Paramedical with

Career recommendations for Examiner

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • APPS Paramedical
  • Examiner
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?