AppStar Financial

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Great job for sales-oriented individuals

The work schedule is flexible and all prospects were local. Depending on the size of your city/town, travel could be a pro or a con. 100% commission is the greatest disadvantage.

Commission only. You are on your own here.

You are sent out on appointments that are not of good quality. Owners are sometimes surprised when you show up. Good luck closing while business is in session.

Pros

You are free.

Cons

Commission only

Great company and environment

I was promoted in my 10 month at AppStar. I was a top producer and I was recognized and rewarded for it. Friendly environment, Great management and ownership. 5 star recommendation!

Pros

Frequent lunches, Everyone is friendly, Great management

Cons

Limited P.O.S system

Customer service and sales manager are top notch

If you present their product like they train you to you will succeed. My sales manager was the best I've ever worked with. I would still be there if it weren't for a health issues.

Pros

Leads were above average, Sales manager was super helpful and the best closer I've ever worked with, Customer service and back office was very responsive

Cons

No health insurance

Scam!! Do not trust!

DO NOT trust these people. It may seem like a good legit job at first and the hiring manager seemed real nice. But it is complete BS. They don't tell you anything about what your selling and just expect you to sell with no actual information. After doing research online i found out they are literally taking advantage of people to sell their bad quality equipment. they want you to lie to the businesses and do some shady digging around to find out what they can afford. The manager i had was also incredibly rude and unhelpful. I have no idea how they have a good rating on the BBB, DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!!!!

Pros

Cons

It is a scam

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Money is One of the Best in the Industry

Gotta Keep your Manager Happy... No sales if he don't like you, and make sure your rates are up to date, or you will have alot of bad customer care. Good Luck lots of money to be made...

cold calling sweat shop

Constant outgoing phone calls to business owners who don't want to talk to a telemarketer. Don't ever lea ve your hot leads cheat sheet/ notes unattended because it will get stolen by the highest appointment setter who knows how to manipulate the phone call cue to make it look like they were his leads.

N/a

It was difficult booking at least 3 appointments per day to have 15 by the end of the week. You have to be pushy but polite and not sound like you are trying to sell them something.

Long days

You are give leads to try and sell Processing / credit card machines to local businesses. You work at your own pace, with no reimbursement for the fuel you use.

Daily contact i

Daily, fist call your team leader review plan for the day. Constant contact. Set leads by Co. And gas reimbursed, paid for every presentation and commission for contracted services. Help in connecting equipment. Good follow threw on aspects of the process, never left without assistance from managers. Honest, Frank and freely share information. Nice people to work with.

Awesome place to work

Productive, fast-paced environment with unlimited earning potential. Great senior management team on hand to provide leadership and help with professional/personal growth.

Productive company with daily spiff money

Great environment to work, excellent employee status, excellent supervisors and trainers!!! Flexible with their employees always willing to work with them!!!

Account Manager Position

It was not enough money for me and the appointments prequalified were often a waste of time. The management was very demanding and pressured representatives for high dollar contracts.

Pros

day freedom

Cons

commission only

Fun, fast paced place to work

Sales management. Interviewed and hired staff, trained team of sale consultants to offer our products and to ask for the close. Team and individual training. Managed a national account and responsible for 14 sales representatives nationally.

1099 position. You're pretty much on your own here

I liked the idea of developing my outside sales skills and adding it to my resume, however there was little coaching here and you're pretty much just winging it here. The credit card terminal industry is kinda shady. Customers will ask what's the charge and I could never give a strait answer until my handler looked over their current invoice on the terminal they already had so they could undercut it just enough to make it look like a good deal. Also, I would go to preset appointments and the clients often refused to see me telling me they set the appointment just to get the appointment setter off the phone. What a waste of gas!

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

1099 - you get out of it what you put into it.

Customer satisfaction

A typical day consists of driving most days to an appointment or walking thru a Mall. Assuring to the customers that they willing getting a great while maximizing productivity.

Pros

Pleasing your customers

Cons

Trying even harder to pleasing angry customers for things that don't apply to you.

goal oriented and rewarding environment

Early shift positions available so you can be out early and still have some day light left. The pay is good if you work in house but from what i understand very few do well as outside sales reps. In the end this company has no loyalty to any of it's employees and will drop you in a heart beat if the owner or his bald badger think your working with or talking with or have a friend or family member who works for another credit card processing company.

Pros

the pay, and co workers

Cons

ownership and management, no loyalty, paranoia

Productive and fun work atmosphere!!!

"Living the Dream". This is the position I've been looking for! Staff goes over "the call of duty" to help with your success! Sales Support, Administration, Customer Service, Tech Support all superb!!!

Pros

Great Staff!

Cons

Haven't figured out how to better my role here! It's been well thought out!

Hard Sale

I did not like working at Appstar, It's based on contractors in small areas, going to small, family-owned businesses, who never see their managers. You didn't know what your schedule for the day would be. They really pushed the Hard Sale tactic which was upsetting to a lot of potential clients. Most of the time I was told by potential clients that they hadn't wanted to have the consult in the first place, but the person who called wouldn't accept no for an answer. It's strictly commission based, and while the commission pay was good, it's had to sell card scanners and service to people who don't want you in their establishment. My manager was alright, the hard sale push was just to pressuring, overall I wasn't pleased working at Appstar Financial.

Pros

freedom to find your own clients

Cons

hard sale push

Sales Job

I was initially told I'd be consulting business owners about fraud prevention; I then learned it was a sales job. It wasn't bad; just misleading. The company doesn't give much opportunity for training or upward mobility. It's commission based.

Gave you freedom to work

• Implemented cold-calling, lead generation, networking, and account management to expand customer base and achieve monthly sales quotas. • Learned consultative selling skills to identify opportunities, overcome objections, and close sales. • Cross-sold banking products, negotiated prices, terms of sales, and service agreements, and obtained orders, wrote sales contracts, and submitted for processing.

Pros

freedom

Cons

contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AppStar Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question