AppStar Financial

AppStar Financial Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews
The work schedule is flexible and all prospects were local. Depending on the size of your city/town, travel could be a pro or a con. 100% commission is the greatest disadvantage.
Constant outgoing phone calls to business owners who don't want to talk to a telemarketer. Don't ever lea ve your hot leads cheat sheet/ notes unattended because it will get stolen by the highest appointment setter who knows how to manipulate the phone call cue to make it look like they were his leads.
It was difficult booking at least 3 appointments per day to have 15 by the end of the week. You have to be pushy but polite and not sound like you are trying to sell them something.
You are give leads to try and sell Processing / credit card machines to local businesses. You work at your own pace, with no reimbursement for the fuel you use.
Daily, fist call your team leader review plan for the day. Constant contact. Set leads by Co. And gas reimbursed, paid for every presentation and commission for contracted services. Help in connecting equipment. Good follow threw on aspects of the process, never left without assistance from managers.
Honest, Frank and freely share information. Nice people to work with.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive, fast-paced environment with unlimited earning potential. Great senior management team on hand to provide leadership and help with professional/personal growth.
Great environment to work, excellent employee status, excellent supervisors and trainers!!! Flexible with their employees always willing to work with them!!!
It was not enough money for me and the appointments prequalified were often a waste of time. The management was very demanding and pressured representatives for high dollar contracts.
Pros
day freedom
Cons
commission only
Sales management. Interviewed and hired staff, trained team of sale consultants to offer our products and to ask for the close. Team and individual training. Managed a national account and responsible for 14 sales representatives nationally.
I liked the idea of developing my outside sales skills and adding it to my resume, however there was little coaching here and you're pretty much just winging it here. The credit card terminal industry is kinda shady. Customers will ask what's the charge and I could never give a strait answer until my handler looked over their current invoice on the terminal they already had so they could undercut it just enough to make it look like a good deal. Also, I would go to preset appointments and the clients often refused to see me telling me they set the appointment just to get the appointment setter off the phone. What a waste of gas!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
1099 - you get out of it what you put into it.
A typical day consists of driving most days to an appointment or walking thru a Mall. Assuring to the customers that they willing getting a great while maximizing productivity.
Pros
Pleasing your customers
Cons
Trying even harder to pleasing angry customers for things that don't apply to you.
Early shift positions available so you can be out early and still have some day light left. The pay is good if you work in house but from what i understand very few do well as outside sales reps. In the end this company has no loyalty to any of it's employees and will drop you in a heart beat if the owner or his bald badger think your working with or talking with or have a friend or family member who works for another credit card processing company.
Pros
the pay, and co workers
Cons
ownership and management, no loyalty, paranoia
"Living the Dream". This is the position I've been looking for! Staff goes over "the call of duty" to help with your success! Sales Support, Administration, Customer Service, Tech Support all superb!!!
Pros
Great Staff!
Cons
Haven't figured out how to better my role here! It's been well thought out!
I did not like working at Appstar, It's based on contractors in small areas, going to small, family-owned businesses, who never see their managers. You didn't know what your schedule for the day would be. They really pushed the Hard Sale tactic which was upsetting to a lot of potential clients. Most of the time I was told by potential clients that they hadn't wanted to have the consult in the first place, but the person who called wouldn't accept no for an answer. It's strictly commission based, and while the commission pay was good, it's had to sell card scanners and service to people who don't want you in their establishment. My manager was alright, the hard sale push was just to pressuring, overall I wasn't pleased working at Appstar Financial.
Pros
freedom to find your own clients
Cons
hard sale push
I was initially told I'd be consulting business owners about fraud prevention; I then learned it was a sales job. It wasn't bad; just misleading. The company doesn't give much opportunity for training or upward mobility. It's commission based.
• Implemented cold-calling, lead generation, networking, and account management to expand customer base and achieve monthly sales quotas.
• Learned consultative selling skills to identify opportunities, overcome objections, and close sales.

• Cross-sold banking products, negotiated prices, terms of sales, and service agreements, and obtained orders, wrote sales contracts, and submitted for processing.
Pros
freedom
Cons
contract
a typical day at work was very competitve. I learned to never take the objection of one call into the next. management was very encouraging when I was having a off day.the moral of the work was very good. the hardest part of the job was tring the leader of the team from month to month.The most enjoyable part of my job there was the great bonuses I received for over achievement.
Pros
spiffs paid daily
Cons
temporary
The merchant processing market is very competitive. Therefore, when Appstar Financial promised 4 to 6 leads per day I was very much interested in pursuing a role in the company. Long story short, they did not exceed over 2 leads per day. The average was 1 a day. For this reason I do not recommend Appstar Financial.
Pros
I gained a new skillset of initiating conversation with strangers.
Cons
All commissions based. They did not follow through with leads promised.
The company would set up 3 or more appointments a day to sell in visa mastercharge terminals.You would get to the appointments and 98 % of the time were told that they told the company no on the phone.I being a experienced sales person would get a foot in and explain all the features and reduced rates.I did sell in some terminals and got my commision.But it got to where I was told go back 5 to 8 times to stores to where I felt like a stalker.Then they started paying out less and less.You were required to have a cell phone but they didnt contribute any money toward it or your fuel.I actually starting selling plasma just to get gas to go on appointments to try to make money.I quit because of that and they acted like they owned you when you were a 1099 employee with no benefits of any kind.
Pros
Cons
pay, benefits, manager
The support for new business leaves you constantly looking when promised leads for new business. Third party vendors make working a nightmare of constant phone calls. The overpromised and compromised delivery makes new business difficult to even achieve. The stress was too much and no support for base pay.
Pros
Cons
You use all your resources then get paid late and no per diem
Cold Calling is the basis for this job. I learned about a new industry. It can be a difficult sale for the customer. You will not see management but they will help as needed to help close the deal.