Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,588 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
Horrible company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2019
If you take a job as a service technician with Apria, you will be treated like a rented mule. Mandatory forced overtime means you can kiss getting home to have dinner with your family, or taking your kids to soccer practice, good bye. The culture is: your shift ends when we tell you it ends. If you are scheduled for eight hours, you will work anywhere from ten to twelve and you can not say no.
Further, there is no team culture fostered. One day I worked twelve hours, and the first thing my boss said to me the next morning was: why didn't you work fourteen hours? Not even a thanks for staying out late. Coupled with low pay and incredible pressure to get the work done at any cost (safety takes a back seat, they don't care how tired you get) I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Chance to help your patients
Cons
Everything else
Micromanagement
Customer Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 13, 2019
I learned many things about Durable Medical Equipment, insurance, and the many needs of the patients they serve. The most rewarding part of the job was the many compliments from patients that I helped get their correct equipment on time.
There were so many reorganizations I cannot count them on all my digits. If they had adopted and learned from LEAN/Sigma 6 recommendations, they might not have had to resort to micromanagement and outsourcing overseas.
The culture is like a high school--very immature management style, gossiping, unprofessional behavior, and back-stabbing.
DO NOT work there unless you like to be micromanaged and later have your job disappear to overseas contractors.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Too many to list
Work Review
Collection Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
working on phone, collecting outstanding charges, from medicare , hospital and provider office. Work on your own pace. The hardest part of the job when you cant collect a payment. enjoyed every thing about the job.
Pros
bring own lunch or go out to eat
Cons
long break.
Horrible since bought out
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 9, 2019
this company was bought by an investment group and doesn't care about the patients at all . They just started hiring people off the street to have a warm body in a seat.
Overworked and under-appreciated
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 4, 2019
Our manager let the sales staff control when we set up patients after hours which made us work long hours at night and on holidays taking us away from our families. This was the worst part of the job. Another downfall was not being appreciated for the work we put in. If you love to work though, this is the place for you. The one good thing are the benefits, although the health benefits are at a high cost to you which makes no sense for a healthcare company. There are just too many good RT jobs out there to settle for this company unless you are a workaholic....
Pros
Good sick time and personal time accrual plus vacation time
Cons
Too much overtime and never appreciated/poor management t
Great Place to work
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I spent 4 years with Apria, i really enjoyed the job. I worked in Van Nuys California and in Sacramento California. I hated to leave Apria, but the hours i worked were way too much Management was very good, terrible raises considering they have a coast to coast contract with Kaiser. My overall experience a 10/10 in Van Nuys and 7/10 in Sacramento. Management in both places were very good.
Pros
Cons
You work in your sleep
Lot of work and hours to do. It is a DME company.
DRIVER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Great people and great place to work.
Its DME so you will be very busy all the time. From the time that you clock in you won't know when you'll get home.
It is a Busy busy work, driving all day long.
You'll have insurance etc.
Pros
Free food sometimes payed etc.
Cons
Short breaks etc.
If you just need a check with no stability this is the place
Inbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 2, 2019
I worked here for over a year. Expectations in the interview are a lie. There is no organization and no chain of command to report issues. The HR person that tried to help is gone. So the only HR is in California. They have no idea what's going on. Management is not available at a times. And they short you on your pay. They hold you to a "qutoa" when you are supposed to be helping patients place insurance orders. They then take your commission and include your hourly pay with it on your second check of the month. You are then taxed on your hourly as a commission at a higher rate.

LOTS of racist phone calls! The patients will say horribly nasty racist things about the off shore reps, and the company expects you to take that verbal abuse all day. Be ready for lots of verbal abuse from patients.

Changes to policy or procedure, even a completely new order taking system. Is communicated by email with NO training, and you are expected to not fail any evaluations, or you aren't paid your commission. Even if they change something and it's not communicated to you by management.

They have a high turn over. If you want stability in any way, this is not the place.

It took them almost a month to pay me, past the pay date when I started. They also say you can work from home, that is also a lie. They will keep making excuses Everytime you hit the matrix to go home.
Pros
None they took away open over time
Cons
Everything, bad pay, bad healthcare benefits, no support from management, and abusive racist patient's
Gained an array of skills. I have developed thick skin by my day to day work environment. I have become extremely patient and emotionally intelligent.
Clinical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 1, 2019
The demand of this job has been very challenging but awarding as well. I have developed better progressional communication amongst healthcare professionals. I have been educated and have confidently educated others.
Pros
Managing, making decisions that effect your business
Cons
Territory, a territory not established, travel, professionally noticed by numbers
quick paced
Qualification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 26, 2018
Warm called to clients to update and refill clients order for supplies they needed.
Took new orders from clients for supplies needed.
Worked in two departments Durable Medical Equipment and Interal feed supplies.
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
missed breaks
It is a good start to get into the medical field
Payer Change Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2018
I went to school to become a medical biller/coder. Apria taught my many CPT codes and medical terminology. I learned how to request authorizations and get needed info from patients to get them medical equipment. Among many things. Apria is a a good company to learn and advance in the medical field.
Pros
hours and free food many days.
Cons
mandatory hours during healthcare insurance peek months. Jan-March.
just a place to pay bills
Clinical Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2018
company does not feel like a team. management will not look to promote employees. depending on what department you are in company doesnt put emphasis pt care.
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 23, 2018
Received and sorted incoming payments with attention to credibility. Managed the status of accounts and balances and identifying inconsistencies. Gathered Medicaid billing information by reviewing patient hospital records; checking for completeness. Ensured payments by verifying the accuracy of Medicaid coding. Resolved disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; following-up on claims.
Job is less stressfull and has great staff to work with
Senior RT (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 21, 2018
My job was to assess patients and provide medical equipment. teaching patient how to use a medical device and how to maintain their medical device. Since patients are vulnerable of getting infected from dirty equipment so we had to educate them how to keep the equipment germ free and safe.
Pros
Staff was free to make their day schedule
Cons
some time unable to make appointment with patients due to their needs.
Home infusion education
Lead Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2018
hours changed at any given time, infusion was a lot different in the earlier years, mainly PIV starts, not a lot of PICC lines Patients were discharged from the hospital, I became PICC line and Midline certified and was educated on Chemo, and organ transplants. I gave blood transfusions in the home. I trained ne nurse coming into Apria. Took call , I would have to travel long distance, sometime to Brandson to teach nurses how to hook up TPN for long term/ lifers going home on Total parental nutrition. the hardest part was taking call, because if the PIV stop working I had to make a visit no matter what time of day or night it was and I was a single mom with grad school children. Most enjoyable was learning how to place PICC lines and Midlines.
Pros
Going to Brandson to teach nurses TPN
Cons
on call at 3 am
Micromanagement supervisor
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2018
While the pay for part time was great my supervisor was overly critical. I was treated like a child and not allowed to explain my position on issues. Even when it was another colleague's fault I got the blame.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisor
Sales Perspective
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2018
I spent several years with Apria as a sales representative. The only reason I separated from the company, the continued to raise my sales goals to the point they were unobtainable. Overall, amazing employer.
Exceed customers expectations daily
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2018
Provide technical support to corporate, branch and customer service users. During the 3 years I was providing technical support to Apria Healthcare employees both local and remote with desktop and laptop computers in the health care industry and environment and troubleshooting issues with corporate software, connectivity, Internet, email, printing and viruses as well as repairing and replacing hardware components including network and infrastructure equipment.
Daily goals were to resolved 8-10 service tickets with the Service Now application.
Inventory assessments on a monthly basis were required.
I always strive to exceed the clients expectations is my mission statement in the support industry.
Pros
Relationships with fellow employees
Cons
Lack of reward and instability.
To many big wigs with high salaries
Transfill Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80127December 7, 2018
Good place to work, RDC just got shut down. But I had a great boss. New management coming in and did not care about long time employees. I was there 15 years and the people that were also laid off were there 10 to 15 years longer than me. New mgmt. wanting to make a name for themselves. (Big Bonus)
Pros
Good people Big
Cons
sometimes long hours
Fun place
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 6, 2018
Great helping and teachings patients in their home. Have the opportunity to get to know the patient and see how other people live. Improving the quality of life to patients.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Problems of traveling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss