Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,557 reviews matching the search See all 1,582 reviews
Good job overall
Lead Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2018
Working from home is the perk but otherwise, the outsourcing is always a factor in their environment. Not much more to say, good job but not what it used to be before the outsourcing.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Outsourcing
Leadership was bad
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CANovember 10, 2018
Its a huge company and to many levels of management, most of the time know of then understood what our jobs were really like to do what we did everyday.
Ridiculous work environment
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2018
By far one of the worst experiences of my life.. Management is racist.. work environment is horrible... 120 degrees in the summer no fans or AC . And no water coolers or no fountain!!! Really... And when you ask for water they say they won’t supply it!!! You don’t get paid well at all .. You have to buy your own case or water .. What a disaster that place is
Pros
Cons
Name it !!! It was bad
Cust Serv
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
The job was very face paced and easy at times, its was okay job we received faxes from doctors office and facilities to provide medical equipment, would i want to go back no
High Paced DME Company
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 5, 2018
I learned a lot while working here. My manager was strict, but a caring type. The people I worked with were great at working as a team in order to get the work out timely. We all cared about the patients we serviced.
It Was Good But No Advancement
Customer Care Representative - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 4, 2018
I took the job because at the time I needed something better. The job is easy but instead of raises you apply for promotions. If you didn't catch the promotions that are available then you could miss out.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No raises for doing a good job
By far the worst company I have ever worked for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 1, 2018
This company is horrible, the upper management, the training, the benefits, the schedules, let's say everything. On top off that we were hired for one position but put into another, they lied to us about the hours and days we would be working and to top it off, the benefits almost made my eyes bleed. The head there told us not to go to Mckesson, but yet their company is total garbage.t/here is a lot of favoring and targeting. Just not a place I would recommend, see for yourself.
Pros
you get to go home at some point
Cons
you have to step foot in the building
Secretary/File clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 31, 2018
Finding Files for Billing Clerks. Answering phones and helping staff with various tasks. reorganizing file room. finding necessary documents in rooms full of paperwork.
Pros
Staff were friendly
Cons
temporary position
My day
Sr Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 30, 2018
Helped patients with billing and equipment questions.
Learned how to deal with different people.
Management was helpful when needed.
Workplace culture could use some improvement.
The hardest part of my job was replacing money back to patients account that was wrongfully taken out without permission.
The enjoyable part of my day was making a difference in people's life.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Angry customers
Good company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 29, 2018
I worked for Apria for 5 years and never had any issues or concerns to speak of. Started out as a phone associate worked my way up to a lead, and then a supervisor. Only reason I left was because there was to room for growth.
Productive and fun work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2018
Working for apria was very fast paced, sometimes stressful. I had to make sure the patient charts and paperwork was filed correctly by name and location. The workplace was very fun and everyone I worked with was very helpful.
A busy but delightful place to work
Revenue Manager/ Internal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 26, 2018
The day started going in to various billing centers. Reviewing and correcting denied claims and identifying how to prevent them from continuing to occur. Identified protocols that did not follow corporate module. Utilized programs to ensure appropriate staffing was being met to meet goals set for each billing center. I met some very interesting people and appreciate the interaction I had with each of them. Additionally, you learn some very interesting things about yourself. The hardest part about this jobs was having to leave, due to maternity. The most enjoyable part was everything. I loved this job.
Pros
Everyone that I met.
Cons
It was a traveling job, so I wasn't home very often.
Administartive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 25, 2018
Restore files and or find them,secretary work, answers phones and send files to collections.conduct daily functions of find files and organizing the file room after a move. Worked directly with billing clerks to find the missing paperwork.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
temporary position
Income
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 24, 2018
Mostly just a job. Wasn't a lot of growing in the company and didn't feel like the employees were appreciated for the extent of their work. I did enjoy my co-workers that was one enjoyable part.
Challenging and interesting place to work
Manager of Contracts (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 23, 2018
A typical workday at Apria consisted of consently changing targets and deadlines, this was also the most difficult and challenging part of the job. Organization skills are critical to success. Completing and meeting everchanging deadlines was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job, especially when you knew it directly impacted the lives of patients.
Patient Services Technician
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 23, 2018
Fast paced operation. Management was more concerned with efficiency and driver performance than with patient care or concerns. Management found ways to skirt company policy in order to make their bonuses.
Negative enviornment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 17, 2018
Frustrating upper management decisions with little support. Constantly asking for more to be done than is realistically possible within a normal workday. Upon establishing successful sales, targets are raised to often unachievable levels.
Pros
Good people within the company support functions.
Cons
Life / Work Balance uneven
Productive and fun to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Township of Hanover, PAOctober 12, 2018
It was always a pleasure waking up and going to work. The satisfaction of fulfilling the orders for patients tracheotomy supply was wonderful. Management was fair.
Pros
had access to food for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Call center working from home.
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 11, 2018
Great company allows you to work from home. Not so great with hours as u have to work late. Have to bid for hours. Working at home doesn’t allow for to much advancement.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Hours are late
Competitive work place
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 11, 2018
Very competitive work atmosphere. Good benefits for employees. Learn a lot to wotk with Medicare insurance and requirements for payments. Company cares a lot for patient satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss