Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Large corporation in every changing health care
BRANCH LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Crescent City, CAMay 24, 2018
Very fast paced and changes occurring rapidly with the health care industry. Work started at 6:00 am for me and normally ended at 4:00pm. Working with the patients was very humbling and gratifying at the same time. It was great to be able to make a difference in someone's life and enjoy a better life with the freedom to do what they enjoy to do that many of us take for granted.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
continuously changing policies and procedures.
Not a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 22, 2018
there is no motivations, hardly any advancement and a lot of lateral moves so if you do advance you are not paid more. lower management tries their best but upper management does not care. lunches stolen from break rooms and phones from people desks just not a classy or professional place to work.
Pros
Cons
too many to count
Fairly nice place to work would do it again
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  tampa, flMay 22, 2018
Nice place to work but no op for advancement and raises were withheld for all employees for 2 years in a row. Had to keep working during storms and bathroom closed due to plumbing
Pros
fast paced, easy environment
Cons
multiple plumbing issues, no nearby places to get a quick lunch
Average Company Nothing notiable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 22, 2018
Dealing with Customer service overseas makes the job much harder. You have to make up all that they lack in knowledge and care. Very frustrating when you are trying to do your job and theirs.
Customers always coming in and complaining. Nothing changes. Apria does nothing to improve services even after customers complain and write letters.
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Cons
Dealing with internal Customer service agents overseas.
Very fast pace but only threr to complete my hor
Medical Billing and Coding Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2018
I worked at Apria Healthcare to complete my internship through Brooklyn College. Was a nice place to for for, fast pace early hours. I wasn't there more than 4 weeks to complete internship
Pros
Not permanent
Cons
Great co workers
Some days Better than others
Warehouse Supervisor/Senior Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOMay 19, 2018
Very challenging place of employment due to demands, by doctors, bosses, patients and yourself by trying to be the best you can without failing or falling short by not completing tasks for the day.
Pros
Meeting new people and taking care of customers
Cons
Being unsure of whe you will be laid off.
I loved working at Apria
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 17, 2018
If my wife wasn't in the military I would still be working at Apria I was one of the best Managers they ever had and one of the ones promoted the quickies', I was recruited to apria from Lincare
Pros
Developing people to suceed
Cons
Rvp
A fast pace job
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMay 16, 2018
I learned about the healthcare industry. Management is okay but, it seem as if everyone defends for their self at Apria Healthcare.Hard part about this job is the hours you are forced to work and being on call.
Not comfortable working here.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 15, 2018
Learned how to repair medical equipment.
Management is great to theor staff, but not very efficient at running the business.
Work place culture is nobody care about thier job.
Keeping up my morale here, and handling disrespectful coworkers .
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Bad Management and Coworkers
Really bad benefits! Think carefully before applying.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2018
Apria only offers a high deductible health plan! Imagine making $15.00 per hour and having to pay a $4000-$8000 deductible!!! Your ineligible for an plan on the exchanges due to Apria offering insurance. Executive management are out of touch and show no concern for the needs of their employees. The job takes a long time to learn and the expectations of you are high.
Pros
Working from home and paid time off.
Cons
Healthcare benefits are the worst. $4000 individual deductible and $8000 family deductible.
not managed
Customer Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 14, 2018
You cannot grow at this company unless you are friends or family of the leads, supervisors or managers. they are more worried about money than custoer service
great employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 12, 2018
High call volume was very stressful and short staff increased the problem. I enjoyed talking on the phone with patients and referrals alike. The employees stuck together and did assist each other.
Pros
emploees
Cons
sressful
Customer Service and Data Entry
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2018
Have assisted numerous Patients with concerns and providing medical equipment and supplies. |Answered calls when available. Enter Medical data and order requests online and send to be processed for patients to assist with a better living environment when needing medical assistance.
Stressful and overly competitive work environment
PATIENT CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 10, 2018
This company became publicly owned shortly after I was hired and the whole company mission and strategy changed, and not for the good. By the time I left I was a nervous wreck who was glad to be gone, and that has never been the case for me before, or since I worked here. I did not thrive here, although a few did.
The think I liked best while working here was helping the clients. I believed in what I was doing as I was also a patient, and for quite a while, the company made that a focus too.
I enjoyed working with several people there and would work hard to help them as much as they helped me, and would still do the same today should I ever meet them again.
Pros
Excellent benefits and wages.
Cons
cutthroat atmosphere with extremely high stress.
Terrible place to work
Customer Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 10, 2018
The management was very poor. I trained my last manager in how to supervise her team. They block or make it very tough to advance within the company. there are many more things I could mention, but it's just too much.
now this is coming from an employee that believed if you are early, you are on time and only called out not only when I had time to cover it and only when absolutely necessary.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything else
Work place Review
Customer Service & Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 8, 2018
Large company, very corporate world, I worked in billing area billing for MediCal patients. It was an intense job but a good job. Our billing office moved to Sacramento and that was too far of a drive.
fun place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 7, 2018
Very busy atmosphere.Was just really starting my homecare career when we became apria.I learned quite a bit from my former supervisors and managers while working there.It was not only a time of growing as a person but also a growing experience for me as a therapist..I truly learned a great deal from my former employees
Not my favorite.
Customer Qualification (Former Employee) –  Ken Caryl, COMay 6, 2018
Apria was very competitive. If you had questions you would get a different answer from different people. Lots of confusion when processing orders and some of the management were not so friendly.
Pros
Pay, Benefits.
Cons
Competition, Chaos, Confusion.
If you want to work yourself to death work here.
Delivery technician (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 6, 2018
If you want a job where you never come home, or you work insane hours then look no further. Your shift is supposed to be 9am to 5:30pm but honestly, getting off before 6:30 or 7pm is more realistic, some days you get home at 9pm or even 10pm. Worst shift I ever had was 9am to 1:30am. No room to move up locally, at all ever. The only enjoyable part of the job was being on the road, not in an office surrounded by your bosses. But don't worry your phone will be blowing up all day from the millions of texts you get about orders. Meetings are wastes of time. Each meeting they claim things will get better for drivers but the reality is that each meeting the drivers end up getting chewed out, complained to, and extra responsibilities added which obviously increases the amount of time you'll be working. They are understaffed, and absolutely refuse to hire anyone else on to help with the insane shifts, and overtime.
Enjoyed helping our Costumers
Supervisor from CST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109May 3, 2018
I scheduled and routed delivery driver to deliver product to our costumers in a timely manner. I was also in charge of keeping customers happy and we a great job at that.
Pros
Benifits and salary
Cons
worked to many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.