Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,484 reviews matching the search See all 1,509 reviews
unappreciated and severely underpaid
CUSTOMER QUALITY (LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 18, 2018
This company can't be trusted. Huge lay off rate and they promise you it wont affect you or your job.There was a generally an average level of employee morale. Medical and dental benefits were adequate.
Laid off 7 month pregnant person
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 17, 2018
This company can't be trusted. Huge lay off rate and they promise you it wont affect you or your job. They laid off a pregnant person that was 7 months due and didn't even think twice.
big company style
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2018
nice place at first, but it changed over time,, had a big company government like atmosphere which made it rather difficult to accomplish sokme things, but easier for some things like contracts
Keep up the good work
Driver / Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 11, 2018
I appreciate the special consideration that is extended by a professional like Apria Healthcare. Thank you for your time and consideration in letting me: reach a logical conclusion; coordinate activities with others; follow moderately complex instructions and procedures; read and comprehend codes and requirements; read dials and gauges; lift and carry equipment for periods of short duration but repeatedly over the course of a day (occasionally requires heavy lifting); complete standard forms; perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately; read and interpret engineering plans and specifications; prepare oral and written reports and maintain accurate records; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and officials and the general public; adhere to company policies.
T
Pros
free up the paper
Cons
Free up the paper
Fast pace great place to work if you enjoy the fast life.
Patient Services Technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
Enjoyed taking care of patients and getting to learn who these people were. Routes were different every day so boredom never came into play. Some routes were a challenge, but the job was extremely satisfying.
Pros
busy, the patients, and the pay.
Cons
the hours and working late.
not fun
Patience Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
An organization is formed to achieve certain goals and objectives by bringing individuals together on a common platform and motivating them to deliver their level best. It is essential for the employees to enjoy at the workplace for them to develop a sense of loyalty towards it.

Work culture plays an important role in extracting the best out of employees and making them stick to the organization for a longer duration. The organization must offer a positive ambience to the employees for them to concentrate on their work rather than interfering in each other’s work.
Apria is what you make of it.
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 8, 2018
Apria is a good place to learn the ins and outs of the Healthcare industry. There are numerous opportunities within Apria and they do allow you to work from home. Things change quite often so be prepared. There are some great people and great managers that care for their staff but, there are some that only look out for themselves. Like any company or job your career is what you make of it and there are those who, regardless of where they go, are full of negativity. Overall its a good place to be!
Pros
Work from home is awesone
Cons
No real career path so you need to make your own
Dynamic work environment for those who like variety
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 6, 2018
I've been with Apria for over five years, and my role and my department has grown a lot during that time. There is always something new to learn, and it's never the same thing from one day to the next.

The people who work here make it special. Everybody works hard, tries to do the right thing, and wants to make a difference in the lives of our patients. I have been afforded many opportunities to grow within the company, and the company does promote from within when possible.

We aren't perfect, and healthcare is VERY complex and complicated, so yes, there are frustrations when something doesn't go right. It's not easy, so if you're looking for easy, don't work here. If you're looking for something rewarding, look no further.
Pros
Lots of opportunity, lots to learn, always interesting
Cons
Medical benefits mediocre
A Good Company
Customer Service/ Warehouse management (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 5, 2018
This company was a good company to work for. They pay was competitive, benefits were great and the management listened to suggestions. The only thing that I would say was a down fall was turn over rate and the on-call schedule.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime and on-call was constant
Fast paced enviornment
Branch Coordinator/Dispatcher Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 4, 2018
Apria is a fast paced enviornment. It at times can even become stressful, but granted it is also a very rewarding job when doing our job to help the technicians better serve our patients. Everyone is friendly and willing to help no matter what, but yet there are times when the responsibilities can just be too much when adding on more and more tasks with no over time granted.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, Job opportunities
Cons
Short lunches, No employee incentives
Cst
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
CST training was adequate. Overtime was mandatory. There was a generally an average level of employee morale. Medical and dental benefits were adequate.
Great company
Branch Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 2, 2018
Follows P&Ps, has established a strong business, operates in every state of the Union. Management is helpful, so is HR department. Always an opportunity to transfer or move up the corporate ladder
Great Place to Work
Customer Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 2, 2018
Apria was a great place to work the first 8 of the 9 years that I was there. Even after offshoring jobs, the company still found a way to make it work. 2013/14 were difficult years. The change in top management and ideology made it very difficult, even for long term employees.
job rating
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2018
my typical day was making sure we had our routes together for deliver. I learned a lot from the company.Organize stocks and maintain inventories and Inspect equipment for defects and damages.
Pros
hours, people
Cons
Na
Loved what I did. The office I was working just didn’t last long.
Customer Service Specialist/ Kaiser Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 30, 2018
Wish it stayed open longer. Wish I still had the job. They gave the few people the opportunity to work from home of course only to the 3 people that been working the longest.
Pros
So many benefits
Cons
They closed the office
Will make you feel unappreciated and severely underpaid
Customer Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 27, 2018
The extremely high turnover rate speaks for itself. If you value family and want to like going to work everyday, do not work here. It may have changed over the past several years since I left.
Pros
Cons
Poor Moral
Apria is a good place to work and I would highly recommend them.
CRT / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chiefland, FLJune 27, 2018
At the time that I was with Apria I traveled daily to see patients in their homes to do home edquipment set-ups and compliance checks on oxygen patients, both private and VA patients.
I enjoyed the company
Intake/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2018
the company as a whole was nice to work for our department was phased out but if it wasn't I would have stayed there. You forge great relationships with customers
Worst Manager I've ever had
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 23, 2018
Unorganized company, no formal training, manager is offsite. There was no reason given for why I was let go. It was a very disjointed atmosphere. No clear direction, or expectations were given. Very disheartening experience.
No Longer Located In Safford AZ
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Safford, AZJune 21, 2018
The medical supply branch is not longer located in Safford, Arizona. Tucson now handles all the deliveries for the area. Sometimes it takes a while to receive items.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss