Apria Healthcare

United States303 reviews

Found 303 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,217 reviews
dmeoxygenpatientbranchequipmentdurablemedicalhealthcare

Hiring process

So far has been really smooth and straight to the point. The telephone interview was quick and easy yet thorough. The video call interview was also very informative and gave me a chance to ask any questions I had for the company.

Absolutely no training

Told customer service, was really a job for sales, accounting, and equipment. No hands on training with the computer at all. Just videos, better hope you learn it. And quick.

Pros

Cons

No training, no guidance

Apria Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Don’t Care About Patients

The company is only concerned about the bottom line. Patients are not the number one goal while providing services and care. The company is a micro-manage company that counts the seconds while we are on a call. We are not allowed to make many decisions on our own. Training is so short. We learn many things on our own by making mistakes and the patients suffer the outcome. People are hired and about 90% of people do not stay. The company has a revolving door which continues year after year.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Extremely stressful job. I would never recommend the job to anyone.

Very bad place to work and horrible supervisors

I just wish I had the proper training, asked for help and never did get a training on subjects I had trouble with. Needs better training and make sure they’re employees are understanding the material they’re giving out.

Just No

Good if you need something to hold you over until your next job but not a "build your career here" place. Too many issues to name. No raises...ever. Outdated systems. No real support from "management". It's a hard pass for real. Once you get in you see exactly what all the reviews are talking about smh.

Horrible management

Disastrous management. New managers are clueless as to how to manage and answer even simple questions. They are unfamiliar with policy and procedures. Have zero product knowledge. The results are managers act out aggressively towards staff.

Change in business structure depersonalizes for local customers

Creation of specialized departments closed down customer service in rural locations and created a mess for customers trying to contact local offices. Not the best model for a business in the healthcare industry. Turned into too many specialized departments at the cost of a cohesive understanding of how your job effects other employees.

Sweatshop Mentality

I was really looking forward to starting with this company, sadly it has been a nightmare from day one. Leadership lies, training is rushed, all resources are questionable and filled with inaccuracies. No one ever seems to have a correct answer for anything. You practically have to beg to go to the bathroom or take your PRESCHEDULED breaks because they will try to have you confined to the phones. The pay is terrible and the payroll processes are ancient, so expect to receive your first two checks as paper checks (even these will arrive 8-10 days later after payday). DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL BE VERY STRESSED AND UNDERPAID.

Semi good pay

Poor management,too much favortism, not a happy place to work, manager does not represent a team environment, if your not accepted or part of the "click" it won't work out, part of your job is working in the warehouse which is not in the job description.

Pay could be better

Overall this is a good place to work as long as you don't work in Management. Management has a high turnover and they seem to be the first to go if ever there is a problem. Pay is subpar and could be much better considering it's in the healthcare field. Benefit costs are also entirely too high.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

healthcare benefits are too high and the pay is too low

Good remote

Very helpful team mate remommended to my friends. Fast-paced environment and working from home and pandemic is good for my health. Would recommend to other people

The training and systems are extremely outdated which puts you at an immediate disadvantage then you get criticized for it.

I would not recommend for someone to work at this job because there are too many cliques among the management. I'm too old for that nonsense and it is a huge distraction from my job.

Pros

Small office that you can get to know everyone quickly.

Cons

Pay lower than my skill level and what I'm used too

It use to be a decent place

Horrible management. They favored employees and if you weren't friends with them you didnt get to move up in the company .horrible shift bids. Only get the shift you need when your friends with your boss

Pros

Vending machines

Cons

Angry patients all the time

Productive and fun place to work, Great atmosphere with always free coffee, Enjoyable management team that works to promote from within.

The workplace culture is awesome with a management team that helps their employees, Lots of room for growth if you are willing to learn and work hard, A typical workday consists of taking all incoming calls from customers needs their products or services, The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers.

Pros

Free coffee every day and free food during the holidays, Always a clean working area including the refrigerators.

Cons

No cons except for not always having oxygen tanks for customers that need it immediately, They are told to go to the nearest hospital if necessary

Excellent company to work with !!!

The hiring process was very easy . The interview process was very comfortable and relaxed. From the HR representative to the interviewer everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Run

This job is definitely not what it seems , at first it seems like a really good environment but it’s charade, training is horrible, management is horrible and the hours are abysmal. They don’t pay enough for the stress levels trust me

Cons

Open 24hrs, inadequately train, poor management

Terrible management

The management doesn't care about you, the patients are aggressive, and the training is minimum. They preach care and empathy then expect nothing but sales and sales and commission

Ridiculous

One star the great leadership! BUT….Don’t be fooled, this is the most stressful wfh job, the company as a whole SUCKS and is months behind on machine orders. The call flow is like 5 associates on the clock, plus they’re already on calls…with 30 customers waiting. Calls are literally back to back, no breathing period in between calls. People are calling for machines they ordered months ago, they’re saying they can’t breathe. You can’t do anything about it but tell them what the last person told them. The system is so old fashioned and it’s so many steps for nothing. That takes up so much time. Just unnecessary stress, save yourself the stress! If they would hire way more ppl it wouldn’t be so bad. I’m sure they won’t so take that other job offer!! If you want to hear ppl complain about how they don’t know if they’re going to make it through the night without their machine then go for it!

Pros

Cool management that helps

Cons

Short breaks, stressful, So behind on orders, extreme high call volume

Great Company

I really enjoyed my time there. It is a great company to work for. I had great benefits. Easy job, I was well trained. They were flexible with needed time off.

Look elsewhere

Unfair work environment with extreme favoritism. They will work you to death, putting you in queues you are not even trained for. I would never suggest working here to my worst enemy.

Cons

All about the business and nothing about the employee...

If you want to work in a HIGH TURNOVER call center with no decent training or help, Apria is for you. Putting the patient 1st is impossible when the business is #1.

Pros

A few work from home opertunities.

Cons

Horrible insurance, poor management, toxic work enviroment, very few holidays off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Apria Healthcare with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US