APS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good experience
Member Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 1, 2018
Helped me to develop within the clinical environment of social work which will open more doors within my profession with the aim of being a tool in any scenario where I provide my services
Productive work place
Case Evaluation and Care manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 23, 2017
Is a hard work, but really nice job because we can help other people with mental deseases. We received so many calls refers emergency and sometimes its hard to do a plan for help the patient because all cases are so different and peculiar. The most enjoyable part of my work is to do my best for has a good intervention and got it.
Pros
We can help others
Cons
Sometimes it can be stressful
Remote work, great co-workers
Outpatient Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  remote positionNovember 16, 2017
Loved working remotely, loved my co-workers and the working in the program. The contract was awarded to another company, my position was eliminated. Learned a great deal which helped with my next position.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Contract ended
Work Environment was terrible
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 10, 2017
I left APS b/c I could not work in an environment where employees didn't matter, where management would walk over their staff to get ahead and no one had any integrity.
Learned a great deal and grew also
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 3, 2017
COmpoany was in a continual state of growth which was exciting but had its challenges associated with such growth. THe growth was in several states throughout the US.
Great Learning expereince
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
Support the nurses in the office administratively, assistant to
Executive Director with all travel, calendar, set up meetings, assist with projects, etc.

-Medicaid Program

-approachable and always provided what I needed to improve my overall assignments

-Fun with special events monthly the company provided for the team

-there were occasions the office was a little slow...prefer to be busy

-my co-workers
Teaches you how to be self suffient
Data Entry Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 7, 2017
At Aps health care I learned how to build contracts. I was able to over come barriers by meeting deadlines. I was able to hold myself accountable for the mailing out contracts as well as making sure that all the employees mail was delivered. The cultural was more of an independent culture were you would work on your own. The hardest part of this job was making sure that all the contracts that were propose to the healthcare providers were correct. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all worked together to make sure that deadlines were met.
Pros
Teaches you how to be self suffient
Cons
was sometimes management was not available during business hours
Ambiente laboral tensión
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRAugust 3, 2017
Hay que tener mucho cuidado, como tratar al paciente de salud Mental.
Pros
Buenas Horas Laborables
Cons
No permanencia
Excelent Oportunity
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 3, 2017
It is a company where it has allowed me to grow as a person, manager and above all to be a better leader that promotes teamwork.

I have been allowed to live and overcome great challenges and to work in several projects for which I recommend and the experience has been very grateful.
Contract job
Client Services Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 19, 2017
Although worked only as a contract position, it was very enjoyable and I really liked helping people with their Medicaid questions about benefits. It was rewarding being able to educate people on the locations for where their appointments could take place and what they qualify for.
Pros
Educating Medicaid Clients
Cons
Duration of contract
Inconsistent managerial support
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 15, 2017
Worked within the clinical review on a special project. We had one weekly staff meeting in three months. Software not available for reviews. Had to use old IQ book. IT seemed overextended, blaming host facility for IT issues. Time frames for reviews not as described during interview. Project over. Company seemed to take on more work than they could manage.
Pros
HR department seemed responsive
Cons
Management disconnected from nurses and not available to remote staff.
Excelentw
Enfermera Graduada (Current Employee) –  Enfermera graduadaJuly 8, 2017
Excelente ambiente de trabajo y oportunidad para desarrollarse como profesional.
This was a contract position
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2017
It was a good atmosphere and everyone was accommodating and eager to share knowledge. The organization was experiencing their final wave of layoffs so most essential staff was preparing to leave.
Pros
True to teamwork despite the purpose of my being there
Cons
The short amount of time given to successfully decomission
Utilization (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 1, 2017
I have learn a lot from my work at APS. How to manage patient's crisis and deal with providers and institutions as well. They are a family oriented company and they have a very friendly workplace culture.
Excellent managerial team!
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 10, 2017
I worked here from the first day of the contract till the day we lost it. I loved the people, the opportunity for growth, the willingness the company had to retain their employees and the respect that was given to everyone from janitors to VPs.
Pros
Great pay, Wonderful Managerial Team and lots of room for growth.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJanuary 19, 2017
la experiencia en APS fe muy Buena y de mucho crecimiento personal y professional. Buen trato professional y equipo de trabajo. lo que mas megusto de mi trabajo es la oportunidad de pder ayudar a otras personas a meorar su calidad de vida.
Pros
plan medico, dias vacaciones y enfermedad, bono
Cons
ninguno
My time with APS Healthcare was interesting and rewarding.
Client Service Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2017
It was unfortunate that APS had lost their bid with Maryland State government. If it wasn't for the company lay-offs, I may have still been there. The management had a open door policy which made the work environment an excellent place to work.
Respeto profesional
Manejadora de Caso (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 30, 2016
Ambiente profesional.
Localizacion de lujo.
Flexibilidad.
too bad
Manager Communication Services (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 18, 2016
APS Healthcare was a company working to improve the lives of the people they served. The staff believed in their mission. Too bad they were acquired by Universal American. Universal American seemed to not know what they wanted from APS Healthcare.
It's a job
Disease Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 14, 2016
Good pay and management was willing to work around other commitments. No room for advancement and work load was not evenly distributed between employees.