Aptar Employee Reviews

Management Issues
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 24, 2018
Where to start. Management believes workers are literally disposable. They don't seek top talent and don't believe in employee retention. They don't invest into the facility or there employee's.
Change is good.
Assistant in Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 3, 2018
New management, new opportunities. Plant is facing challenges, but team is working hard to overcome. Give it a chance, good place to work with good benefits.
OK place to work as long as you don't offend HR
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCApril 24, 2018
My supervisor was excellent. They were only hiring temos, but then started hiring people straight thru the door, I guess to get people to stay longer than 2 days. Some lines are more boring than others but the job itself is OK.
Pros
Days off, great supervisors
Cons
Hr retaliates, don't make them mad. point system
Money is the whole theme
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 11, 2018
Human Resources at NextBreath an Aptar subsidiary. The old lady there is very condensing when talking to employees of color. The team lead is always looking for someone to sacrifice for their short comings or at the daily meetings.
Pros
lunch and learn once a month
Cons
They do not like people from other cultures working with them (Trophy employees)
Overall a nice place to work
Tool & Die Maker / Mold Maker (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIApril 5, 2018
Aptar is a nice place to work, I mainly work on multi cavity injection molds.
Repairing and preventive maintenance. Some prototype work and gage making.
Pros
Lots of overtime and company outings
Cons
working 12 hour days and weekends
Great Company
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILApril 4, 2018
They're a really good company sadly just felt like I would be stuck where I was. They are a big company and do a good job of doing what they do. However their retention rate will probably make it hard to keep new employees as it's not the highest compensation on the market. If you're willing to stick with it for the long haul though they do have amazing benefits like a pension.
Pros
Pension, benefits, culture
ok
Packer (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 29, 2018
This was by far the worst job I've had to endure. The job itself is not bad its just the management. they should have additional staff but rather cram work on individuals.
bottom dollar management with no thought of employees
Injection Molding Technician (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIMarch 15, 2018
having been there for 9 years I've seen a few management changes but their current leadership is abysmal. Between switching employees shifts on a days notice and not filling vacancies and over working the current employees this place is an unbearable environment.
Great Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIMarch 15, 2018
Typical day of work includes troubleshooting machines, moving boxes to conveyors, and inspecting and recording findings of product. Overall the culture is laid back and friendly.
Conditions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Aptar has the potential to be a great company but they need to focus on how they treat their employees and the management within. Bad management can ruin a company and I feel that is what is going on here.
Enjoyed working there
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I Enjoyed the work that I did and the people employed there. The benefits are really good as well. I never would be leaving if my job wasn’t eliminated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of changes coming
Relaxed environment with friendly people
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day at work for me was working from 8-5 with an hour lunch break, taking product pictures, making mock-ups and presentations, taking inventory, and delivering products to clients. The management in the marketing department is great, and the workplace is very relaxed and flexible.
Positive work environment!
Intern (Former Employee) –  ParisFebruary 7, 2018
Every one was very helpful and supportive. We spent a little time together everyday which enabled all departments to know what was happening around with the company.
Product Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIJanuary 24, 2018
I had only positive experiences as a mechanical engineering student Co-op working with Aptar. The employees I worked with were all very respectful and treated you as though you were any other employee. I really appreciate that the engineering team I worked on made sure to always try and give me work to do that were in my areas of interest rather than assign me busy work that the other engineers were simply too busy to do. As a Co-op student, I gained valuable engineering experience as I learned the fundamental processes that go into product development as well as an exposure to manufacturing setting. Not only this, but my team treated me as another engineer and I regularly got to assist in leading projects and traveling to meet with customers and outside vendors. I greatly appreciate all the effort from the team I worked on that helped me build valuable skills as an engineer. My team was very respectful, helpful, and knowledgeable, which resulted in me both learning a lot and enjoying the work I was doing. I am very thankful for my experience at Aptar; I would definitely recommend for other students to work here as co-ops given the opportunity.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Marketing and sales departments can be demanding on timelines.
Aptar
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Pretty good job if you don't mind being on your feet. Decent pay, good hours, plenty of opportunity for overtime, paid holidays off, uniform clothes provided for free, great cafeteria cooks and food and overall an easy (repetitive) job. Would def recommend a friend.
Pros
good food, good hours, easy work
Cons
always on your feet, short breaks, couple cranky people
nope
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  linncolnton ncDecember 4, 2017
nope really liked my job but dad needed me. nothing more to say very good company would love to have kept employment with them nothing to say nothing to say dont want to say saying nothing all redy
Aptar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 15, 2017
Aptar is a very nice place to work. The people that work there are very friendly. Benefits are great. Very clean and safe working environment. There is always something to do, not a dull moment.
Aptar is not a good company
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 15, 2017
Aptar is a judgemental place, they do not care how you feel, and make up their rules as they see fit. There is no room to grow. The management plays favoritism.
Cons
Short breaks, management, favoritasim
Great for experience and improving work skills
Intern (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 6, 2017
Includes attending planning and problem solving meetings, designing product to then be tested and reviewed by management, lab technicians and machine shop technicians.
Create customer orders, from blueprints to shipping and feedback. Designed testing equipment and created organized programs for efficient project documentation.
Pros
International upward job mobility
Cons
None in my experience
productive
Machine Operator- Continuously (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 6, 2017
The work is not hard, its just sometimes they want to add more on you with everything you have going on. Most of the people are friendly but if you can work by yourself then you are better off staying to yourself.
Pros
working 12 hours and having days off
Cons
the atmosphere can be cold at times