Aptar Employee Reviews

What I learned
Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 24, 2018
I learned a lot about machine mechanics, operation, and production at Aptar Group. I learned to operate different machines and tools including fast production machines. I learned how to be more productive in the work I was doing. Less time, more results.
Pros
Good atmosphere, Good management, Safe and clean place of work, Up to date on technology, Good benefits
Cons
Too much expected from such a small team, More employees needed for work required and expected
Great place to work, safety is first and foremost,
PE Tech, Lead Process tech (Former Employee) –  Cary, IL 60013November 25, 2018
Global company, modern plants, very customer oriented, fast paced, lean staff, very good benefit package, high focus on safety.

Management is very involved with safety and the day to day operations.

Management is always looking to bring in new technology.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, quarterly awards, yearly awards
Cons
Very fast paced
Aptar
Product Development Engineer/Global Expert Center (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WINovember 19, 2018
Aptar was a great organization to work for. The workplace culture was exceptional. Management was fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Benefits
Systemic Sinfulness
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WISeptember 26, 2018
Management allows " who you know" type of supervision style.
There seems to be a form of "Quid pro Quo " among management.
Maintenance supervisor does not adhere to the basics of industrial maintenance.
Pros
Excellent Benifits
Cons
stressful
Great Company
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILApril 4, 2018
They're a really good company sadly just felt like I would be stuck where I was. They are a big company and do a good job of doing what they do. However their retention rate will probably make it hard to keep new employees as it's not the highest compensation on the market. If you're willing to stick with it for the long haul though they do have amazing benefits like a pension.
Pros
Pension, benefits, culture
Change is good.
Assistant in Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 3, 2018
New management, new opportunities. Plant is facing challenges, but team is working hard to overcome. Give it a chance, good place to work with good benefits.
Stopped caring about the employees now only focus on making money
Toolroom (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 24, 2017
When I first started used to be a great place to work good raises good benefits Etc. Now their only focus is on how do we pinch more pennies. Everyone now has a bad attitude probably due to not getting raises and getting written up for micromanagement. Do yourself a favor go find a nice family owned company that cares about employees instead of just making money. Aptar has become the Walmart of plastic injection.
Pros
Great hours lots of time off
Cons
Poor management no raises cutthroat working environment
Don't apply there. You will be sorry you wasted your time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WISeptember 25, 2018
Management is clueless to employees needs. Horrible place to work. They expect way too much for way too little. They keep taking everything away and giving nothing back. It was a great place to work twenty years ago when it was Seaquist Closures. It has went nothing but downhill ever since becoming Aptar. I was terminated after twenty seven years of dedicated service to them without so much as a write up. I was nearing retirement and dismissed for little to no reason at all. I feel as though this occured so they could save themselves money. They don't care about their employees well being. Working for them will make you old before your time. They work you hard because they are severely understaffed. They run full productivity even though they don't have enough people to do so. Their training system is poor too. They throw you on machines with no training what so ever and expect you to run it anyway. You are responsible for running up to twenty one different machines at the same time all by yourself on a daily basis. They have a revolving door of employment. They can't even get people to apply there because they have a horrible reputation for mistreating their employees.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare plan doesn't pay out much
Enjoyed working there
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I Enjoyed the work that I did and the people employed there. The benefits are really good as well. I never would be leaving if my job wasn’t eliminated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of changes coming
Maintenance Mechanic/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work and many chances of advancing in the company. Family friendly, it has many locations throughout the world. Great co-workers and management. I enjoyed the problem solving of the job the most.
People are unresponsive, lack motivation and collaboration
Not listing (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 13, 2018
Some managers do not care for their employees well being. Company is managed by others outside of the location.
Management is clueless to what their employees are capable of.
Initially Great then a strategic mistake cost the company millions.
Global Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 18, 2017
I had worked there 2 years ago. From 2011-2015. The first few years it was a solid place to work with good leadership and sound benefits. There was a solid work life balance. However, transitioning from one SAP to another was poorly implemented. Leadership changed and the culture became poisonous to company moral. What was a solid company became bogged in bureaucratic bickering and operational inefficiency. I dont know about now but I hope its improved. There were a lot of great employees there.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Micromanagement, changing leadership and shifting strategic objectives
Intresting work and variety of different duties
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. My manager was amazing and eager for his people to continue to learn new things and explore further education. I learned a great deal about different aspects in the manufacturing process.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 19, 2018
Stressfull job requires longer hours of work. My first job experience working as a machine operator. Fun and enjoyong working here exept that the supervisor was sometimes annoying. Ralationship between employees are rampant and obvious and does affect pur work.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful and in trouble
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILJuly 6, 2018
Days are some what unpredictable because of poor staffing levels and continued increase in demand. Management is scrambling to get more employees but it seems that people today just do not care about a 40 hour work week.
Nonstop working
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIOctober 5, 2018
Aptar was another great experience but the hours where a challenge for me. Aptar was the first assembly and 12 hr shift job I had. I lasted longer than I expected.
Pros
Great energy and teamwork
Cons
12 hour shifts
productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILAugust 17, 2018
my supervisor always giving me the right amount for my review, i was an Machine operator before then Material Handler and i was train as a Forklift opeeator and certify me, i am doing all this job because now they lock of operator and material handler
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short break
Aptar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 15, 2017
Aptar is a very nice place to work. The people that work there are very friendly. Benefits are great. Very clean and safe working environment. There is always something to do, not a dull moment.
Terrible Work Enviornment, Bad Management
Worker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 14, 2012
Definitely one of the worst places I've worked. You weren't allowed to be sick, even though things like that just happen in life! Vacation time is 'accrued', and you get no sick days, so if you need to take time off, you are unable to. They don't realize you have a life outside of the job. Management could care less about you as an employee, but only about how much work you were producing. Salary was decent and there was overtime, but the environment was stifling and there were too many negative things to make it a positive place to work. If a company doesn't care about your welfare, it's not a good place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
environment, management, lack of sick time, no concern for employee's wellbeing
Management Issues
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 24, 2018
Where to start. Management believes workers are literally disposable. They don't seek top talent and don't believe in employee retention. They don't invest into the facility or there employee's.