aptim Employee Reviews

It was good while it lasted
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Just do what the forman asks of you and you'll be fine. Good place to work, with optimistic shouldn't have any problems. Supervision is fair. Experience staff.
Pros
Good insurance. Good super vision, well pay
Cons
Short term job
Work at Aptim
Industrial Paint Foreman (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 10, 2018
They will help with craft development, overtime required, good pay without schooling,working outside, wear long sleeved FRC's and other PPE required to wear when working.
Great Company
Journeyman Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 10, 2018
Great Company with a balanced work load. Overtime is available at times, but not often.

Great pay with Per Diem.

Company takes care of employees.

Great work environment.

Great Schedule.

Good Benefits.
Marginal work group
Electrical Supervisor - D. C. Cook Nuclear Plant (Former Employee) –  Bridgman, MIJune 19, 2018
There was a lot of back-stabbing and clearly certain members of the group talked down to others in the group. The manager was a quality individual, but there were others that made it a less than quality place.
Great people to work with.
Facility/Tools/Equipment/Supplies Manger (Former Employee) –  LaPorte TexasJune 13, 2018
I was the equipment,tools and facilities manager.
I also qualified equipment operators.
Management allowed me to set schedules and order all tools and equipment for the facility.
Aptim
Drive an Articulated truck/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 6, 2018
Worked there for a year and when winter was over found out they brought other workers in and I didnt have a job. No one told me I went to the job site and asked. Never was offered insurance etc. Really bad place to work
Good place for some people.
Welfare Recipient (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 16, 2018
Good Old Boys Club ! Management has their friends+ siblings Etc. work for the company. You figure out who receives special treatment. Don't speak up about the favoritism they will force you out. Human Resources lie, lie, tell Corp. a different story.
You will get paid every week, sometimes to do nothing.
Pros
Lots of Safety
Cons
Negative mangement
Work is challenging.
Project Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2018
A company that is striving to make a difference. Employees are hard working, dependable and produce quality documents. Employees are courteous and respectful.
the new ceo did not have an honest vision
Senior Client Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2018
the new ceo di not have have an honest vision. he brought a bunch of high salary people on board that were a burden on the profitibility and to reduce the loss he ended up letting go people that were in the trenches with 10-25 years of experiences, no respect to longevitity.
Low pay and poor management
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 8, 2018
If they offer per diem for any job make sure they get the paperwork done. I got screwed out of a weeks per diem because my paperwork wasnt turned in on time. Keep track of your hrs also.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Revolving door, low pay and low hrs
great learning experience!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMMarch 20, 2018
as a laborer ive learned how to pace my self ive leared job skills and safety, i have learned that working in the construction industry can be trying but qith the support of coworkers working alongside me can be pretty easier to work.
Aptim provided all necessary tools required for the job.
Project/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2018
Job provided advancement and educational opportunities. Management expressed concerns on HR matters and contacted me on a regular basis to assure everything was ok on the jobsite.
I enjoyed working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 8, 2018
I learned more office skills, people skills, better data entry experiences. I interacted with up to 24 employees, payroll and attendance, plus I keep track of the construction equipment.
Uncertain future
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 23, 2018
There is no clear path forward for the company as a whole and for my position in particular. Communication with employees is poor and the message is unclear.
New Company
Human Resources Administrator and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 22, 2018
New company positioning itself to grow. APTIM has the potential to expand after this initial contraction. Exciting opportunity to position yourself in a new company that can make an aggressive push in the market.
Enjoyed my time there.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAFebruary 15, 2018
Learned how to troubleshoot instrumentation devices, components, and loops working as a maintenance contractor for Cheniere LNG. Far away from everywhere but they paid you for it.
Good place to work.
Stock Clerk, Clothing Initial Issue Point (CIIP) (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 14, 2018
It was my first experience working in a contracting environment. I learned a lot as a production/line employee. I enjoyed the opportunity. Positive++.
Pros
Rewarding to be a friendly face for young soldiers
Cons
Hostile work environment at times. 30 minute lunch period.
Leadership is not aligned with stated goals
Communications and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Leadership keeps delaying releasing organizational charts because they have not been able to agree upon how they want the company structured. Hopefully, they will figure things out before they lose any more large clients.
Professional place to work
Site HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2018
Each day, I review the previous day’s work papers such as JSA’s. Each day I try to go multiple times into the field to observe employees working. Looking for tasks being performs safely and communicating with employees about the job.
Pros
Good people to work for and with
Cons
Losing your job because of a contract
Laid back
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2018
Wasn't a push push get the job done fast type of company. Real laid back and easy to work for. But you are still expected to complete to job on time and safely.
Pros
Good people. Close to home
Cons
Real dusty and dirty place to work