Aptiv Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJuly 11, 2018
Overall Aptiv has a great work environment. It could be a little more organized but it’s slowly getting on the right path at this point .
Productive place with lots of advancement opportunities
IT Manager - BI CoE Programs and Portfolio (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 10, 2018
Comfortable environment, people are very supportive and willing to help each other from different groups.Great benefits, great hours, it is a wonderful company as they genuinely care about their employees. Also, lots of opportunities for career advancements
Great to work here
Active Safety Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 4, 2018
I have been working past 1 yr, it's so happy to working Here, APTIV encourages everyone to learn more. Management is very friendly with us, the always helps us to solve our problems.
Needs a revamping
Residential Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 19, 2018
I worked for Aptiv's residential services for six months. In that time, I received only two training's. I feel as though the company did not provided proper training. I often felt "unprepared" for the work I was doing. It seemed as though Aptiv only cared about financial aspects of running a business. For example, I was often scheduled to work with a client who BY DOCTOR'S ORDER was a two assist. However, i was always the only staff working. This caused for a long and difficult work shift. I also found myself spending most of my shift assisting this one participant, and not providing proper care to the others in the home. Management sucks to put nicely. The company could really use some revamping.
Pros
flexible hours, no education required, rewarding work environment
Cons
wages, scheduling, lack of human service background in management
Don't just dream the future, make it real!
Manager - Corporate Functions (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 13, 2018
Everyday offers a new, exciting challenge, as the automotive industry enters what many are calling "the golden age." We are transforming the future of mobility right here at Aptiv, not in some vague future, but right now. I love the focus, innovation, teamwork, and execution of this company (this last part is the most important - we don't just dream it, we are making it a reality). We are learning how to fail fast and often as we push the boundaries of what's possible - for mobility and beyond! Great products, smart people, global reach - it's a privilege to be part of it!
Pros
Working on the forefront of the mobility revolution.
Cons
Not a place for those who don't enjoy change - the pace is fast and the change is constant.
Decent pay for this area
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 11, 2017
Pay is good, advancement opportunities are minimal and current management doesn't adequately maintain the operation. The long term viability of the operation is suspect due to the lack of maintenance.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Stressful, long term viability is doubtful
Great Place
Manager of Accounting & Finance (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 9, 2016
Wonderful company. Supportive and appreciative of their staff. tremendous team effort. great people to work with. The atmosphere was engaging.
Pros
Supportive atmosphere
Cons
company was sold
Looking to grow with the right company
Clinical Data Entry Specialist/Coordinator Level (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2015
I have learned to meet deadlines going above and beyond to complete the task efficiently and accurate! I always believe that quality is the most important part in completing a task.
Very fun job with all good people
Clinical Data Entry Specialist/Coordinator Level (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 14, 2015
I was always busy and enjoyed all of my co-workers! I work and did data entry with a team from Boston and I was the only one in the Raleigh office!
Pros
Flexibility of work schedule
Cons
Health insurance
Work for a Clinical Research Organization
Data Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 10, 2014
Tracking CRFs and Queries, 1st thing in the morning. Sometimes our Data Entry (DE) department will have an impromptu meeting with our manager/supervisor regarding any updates/last minute changes. Depending on priorities, I may need to stop tracking and switch over to data entry.

What I learned: Priorities can change at a moments notice, and never 'assume'.

Management knows what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.

My co-workers can be fun to work with but everyone has their days, their moments. You need to know when to 'step back' or keep your distance but, also, know when to be firm with someone who is being a bit unreasonable.

Stress is the hardest part of the job, whether it be due to a co-worker, who's in a bad mood or due to several things due at the same time.

When everyone is working well together and getting the work done, without complaints.
Pros
Cafeteria across the parking lot for lunch, if needed. Being able to walk around the buildings, weather permitting.
Cons
Sometimes gets pretty chilly in the building, too much training which cuts into work time.
A good CRO
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 27, 2014
Good work life balance for a CRO. Good job protection for remote and isolated employees. Opportunities to work from home when needed, or to tele-commute one day a week.
Pros
Excellent PTO
Cons
Expensive benefits
Needs Improvement
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 5, 2014
Lacking management, processes, and learning opportunities. CDM managers are all based out of state, therefore it is difficult to connect with managers on a level that makes you feel that they care about your growth/happiness with the company. It feels that they see themselves more as babysitters rather than mentors.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Benefits, Management
Another CRO Mill
CRA (Current Employee) –  MASeptember 11, 2013
What the orgaznization preaches and what it really practices are two totally different animals. Home based CRA's are trained via slide decks which are reviewed on your own. There is no training "program" per se. It's SOP's and work instructions by the hundreds which you read on your own and tell you nothing. Undertand that you will be required to make 4 site visits per week. The trip report is a nightmare to complete and takes hours. There are better employers out there!
Cons
12 hour workdays
Friendly, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2013
Friendly, fast-paced and challenging environment. Global team highly integrated in daily tasks.
Good place to work to gain experience.
Clinical Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  southboro, maNovember 10, 2012
Tracking and entering CRFs into Clintrial. Organizing file room, archiving completed studies.