Aptiv Employee Reviews

Found 489 reviews matching the search See all 2,372 reviews
tough
Executive Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 9, 2019
Working at Aptiv has not been easy, not that any job should be easy but the management is confusing and doesn't offer a clear solution. I have only worked for 10 months and it's been a mess.
Pros
close to home
Cons
culture is tough, people are unrealistic, demanding, rude, HQ is in Dublin
Great company
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 19, 2019
I learned alot with this company, and I would be happy to work for them again. Whoever decide to work at Aptive you will like it and learn so much from so many helpful people.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Need longer breaks
rough
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  hkcuFebruary 8, 2019
It was not great, i had a hard time and had disagreements. This was a hard job but i enjoyed the home aspect and the idea was right. The actual follow through was not great and it made me have a really hard time to keep showing up there.
Troublrshooting machines and presses
Tool and Die Maker/Trouble Shooter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Good work environment. Started at 230pm and had to follow 1st shift on repairs or continuing repair of presses. great place to work. loved working as a team to complete assignments
Pros
pay and insurance
Cons
not any
New company replaced Delphi
Global Trade/Export Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Aptiv replaced the former Delphi and in doing so, replaced most of the Delphi employees. Aptiv is a new company under new management. Exciting concept, exciting market for new hires.
Pros
Flexible work schedule. Ability to work remotely
Cons
New company replaced larger percentage of long time employees
Aptiv gave me a great benefit package.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  1265 North River Road, Warren, OH 44483January 2, 2019
I learned how to manage union employees along with salary employees. When I was the Warehouse Manager at Delphi, I ordered all material along with making sure everything ran well.
learn to manage people and meet schedules
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 16, 2018
The work day sometimes was very stressful, had to meet gaily shipping requirements. Work in a union atmosphere. Meet with management each day to go over production and shipping schedules.
Good work environment
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2018
It's a good company to work for especially if you are a software algorithm engineer.
The work environment is well structured for hardware engineering. People are always willing to help with resources.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy cafeteria
Fun place to work
Lead staff (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 4, 2018
Working with the clients at Aptiv is incredible, some of the most appreciative people a person can ever meet are the incredible people that the staff at Aptiv are blessed with serving.
Pros
Lots of laughter and smiles
Cons
Under staffed so staff are asked to work some crazy hours.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 27, 2018
Loved my job at Aptiv the people were great to me and the managers were some of the best I have ever worked for.
Would have loved to stay there but my contract ran out and due to layoffs in my area my contract was not renewed.
Pros
Working Environment and People were awesome
Cons
Don't hire their contractors
It was fine
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 24, 2018
I worked here a long time ago and don't remember too much. I think the work environment was fine and stable. There is not much else I can note on the subject.
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 18, 2018
I worked on a rubber mill for 8 hrs everyday. I cut the rubber into either strips or slabs. Placed it into a basket marked the basket with the shipping labels and sent it to another department.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
They Closed
Productive, good pay and benefits.
Job Setter and Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHNovember 4, 2018
Large factory with options. Loved staying busy and building things! Benefits were good and family oriented. Wish there were more jobs like it today. Hoped to retire from Delphi but, unfortunately, they shut the doors.
Team Oriented and Fun
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 25, 2018
The co-workers I worked with were willing to train and help others succeed in their roles. Always trying to encourage each other to be positive and welcome to suggestions without criticism.
cool
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 25, 2018
the job was demanding and things was fast pace to get parts out and on time.. people were cool to work with and the atmosphere was cool...but now that plant is closed-don't think its much going on
Its a job.
LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 20, 2018
The pay was decent, but it lacked in many other categories. The new management that came in was very inefficient. Errors made by their scheduling put us behind on orders and led to layoffs. Whatever hope there was for this company is quickly diminishing. It was a good job for many years, and was even better before I got there. The company is on a downward trend, its not as good as it once was, and I cant imagine it ever will be again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, 3 excused days off, Incapable management, Very dirty.
Official response from Aptiv
October 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us what’s on your mind. We appreciate the feedback.

Geart
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYOctober 14, 2018
Love Working there. Nice Benefits Great pay, FUN time Hate to leave. Made great friends they were asway giving us overtime and that helped increase my pay
Delphi and GM
Global Prototype Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Established and maintained an excellent relationship working with the union skill trades. Coordinated preventive maintenance activities. Prioritized and coordinated weekend maintenance program. Worked in covering tool room, production support and planning and executing project facility support. Prioritized and coordinated the weekend maintenance program. Worked as PC&L shipping and receiving supervisor last year at Energy & Chassis
work not bad
inventory (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 23, 2018
work was not bad but management was rude a lot of favoritism, pay was terrible bonuses were good, just made a nice job feel but they make you feel like nothing because you were treated like you meant nothing
Pros
terrible management
Cons
nice job with good co workers
You can do pretty much you want as long as you do your work
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Don't work here unless it's the last resort it's ok to start but after your there for a while they treat you like family lol 😁😀😐😑😶🙄😏😣😥🤔😍☺😚
Pros
The other employees were nice to work with
Cons
Management sucks. Union? What Union?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aptiv. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight