Aptive Environmental Employee Reviews

Featured review
Aptive Environmental selected this as a representative review
Family atmosphere with fun people.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 7, 2017
I love working here at aptive environmental. They give you such a welcoming and treat you well here. You learn about different cultures and meet different people that enhances your communication skills. You also learn how to get rid of customers pest problems and see that look of satisfaction of their face. aptive is also such an awesome place to work, because everyone treats you like family here. Even management, they treat you very well, and literally a phone call away. I love the long hours they provide for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything, from getting my products in the morning, talking to the other service pros, to giving the customer the best service. I want to thank aptive environmental for giving me an opportunity to be apart of a great team, and for treating me very well.
Pros
Free breakfast once a month, long hours, and great management
You are just a number
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2019
Company does not care if you’re a hard worker or how loyal you are. You are a number here. They will treat you as if you are the best but really don’t care about you. I was made a lead and after a couple of weeks was I told the position doesn’t actually exist and I wouldn’t be getting a raise. A week later they fired me for something I absolutely did not do no write up or anything just let me go. I would never recommend working for this company they are the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
It's hard. If you can do it though, it will be worth it.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2019
I couldn't finish the sales season because of family issues. I had just recently been married, and was only 20 years old. It's like I was asking for a punch to the face. Aptive's leadership is the best I have ever seen. I don't think you can get any better without simply handing out free money to your employees (which they often would do). The most taxing part about it is the balance. Sure you get a break for the majority of the year, but that's when I was going to school...You don't get a break. You work day after day for as much as 14 hours each day. You lose your mind if you don't love your sales team.
They expect you to work hard simply because of your personality. They seek people who are self-propelled.
Pros
Team is Family
Cons
No sense of work/life balance. Detrimental to Health
Great culture with great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2019
Aptive environmental provided a lot of opportunities for me to gain sales experience and develop professional connections. The training is comprehensive and valuable, and the culture is dynamic and driven.
Pros
flexibility, training
Cons
short breaks
Your success is determined by your own work ethic
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2019
Any former sales rep spouting complaints about long work hours or limited pay simply was unsuccessful at their job as a sales representative at Aptive. We work 4-5 months out of the year, and the job experience is strictly contingent on your attitude and your willingness to work hard. During those 4-5 months of the summer there is very little work/ life balance. Unfortunately those who see that as an issue fail to maximize their success by working diligently during that time period and may have to pick up another job during the other portion of the year to cover living expenses/ school costs. But for those who are willing to immerse themselves in the sales manual and refine their skills as a salesman, while also putting forth a consistent work ethic, they can surely earn well above 6 figures in less than half the year leaving 7-8 months for them to attend school or participate in other activities. There is not a single sales rep who’s actually accomplished this that would rate the job experience less than 5 stars. For those that do, it is very apparent that they suffer from a destructive victim mentality.
Pros
Cons
Nothing unless you have garbage work ethic
Wonderful company that teaches the value of hard work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2019
A company who’s goal is to bring itself as well as each employee to another level, they want shared success as in everyone wins and it’s very focused on winning together as a team
It was so so
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2019
I just didn't think the pay was enough especially having to work with toxic chemicals. Don't get me wrong they did have a good group of guys working for them.
Pros
Good place to get your applicators licence
Cons
Don't pay enough
everything went well
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 15, 2019
The company is average. I liked the family oriented atmosphere. Although it could sometimes very unorganized, I still appreciated my job. I appreciate my job opportunity with the company.
Managers are out of touch
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2019
Manager are out of touch..in the summer I had 22 houses...at half an hour a piece... horrible routing systems..didn’t have enough time to go to the bathroom...pay was decent..but no home life...
Thanks but no thanks
Billing, scheduling, dispatching, collections (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 3, 2019
It felt like working in a highschool environment. Management displays favoritism. Basic rights are not respected. Hours were good. Sales tactics are deplorable, which, reflects on management NOT billing staff. Work environment laid back which was nice, but work environment was less then desirable. Favoritism is CLEAR.
Pros
Solid 9 to 5 hours, pay is decent for work done, SERVICE MANAGERS are pretty cool, hour break
Cons
"Billing manager", which was a made up position at my time there, is less then qualified. Team work exists on a "if I like you" basis, billing managament shows favoritism with no shame about, service management are a bit better, sales tactics are bait and switch.
Scam
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2019
While the skills, experience and tools you will learn from aptive are fundamental to being a great sales rep. It is 100% a pyramid scheme and they will take as much money from you as possible.
Pros
great sales tools
Cons
stole most of my money
Awesome Headquarters Hard Product
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 6, 2019
Its a very complex product to sell, that is almost never a necessity, most days will be OK. Be prepared to work long hours and to make sure your clients are consistent and stay. You receive a small portion up front and a larger back end check, but it doesn't feel worth it.
Pros
Energetic teams, little drama
Cons
Long days, compensation seems too small
Fun incentives grueling hours.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 1, 2019
Work is sun up to sun down and it is very thankless because most often you are rejected when selling door to door. The training done is concise and excellent quality and I believe that led me to the success I had with the work. The working culture is optimistic and everyone I worked with was supportive and encouraging. The pay is great but make sure you know how you will be compensated because there can be mix ups that you may not know about. However, my manager was very open and willing to work with whatever I needed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Long hours, only commission
Its A job
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 20, 2019
no benifits, low pay, this is a temp job. they hire you and tell u to wait 6 months for a review on if they wanna keep you. thats when u get canned for anything.
Pros
u get paycheck and company truck
Cons
no benifits until review, seasonal job
This is a bad place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2019
These guys are the worst at retaining customers and so you are constantly dealing with complaints. They do not have a fluid system in place whatsoever. They are disrespectful and are the type of company that is planning on selling all of their customers to a giant in the industry. There is little to no integrity in this space.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Disorganized and greedy people
Decent
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Drive to 18-20 houses a day, management is great although this job makes it difficult to get stuff done outside of work that is a necessity. This a great job to obtain new skills.
Pros
New skills
Cons
Poor work/life balance
good place to work
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 28, 2019
Good place to work as long as you know how to follow rules and do your job. Plenty of room to grow yourself and always room to grab more licenses to expand your pest control career.
Dead place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Do not waste your time.The management looks confused, zero professionalism, they do not appear, like they are running a business.very sluggish.Everyday is a rescheduling day.
Great place to work for a “yes sir” kind of employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to work as long as they need you. If they don’t need you then they will find a way to get rid of you. Lower level and mid level management is the best in the business.
Bad company
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
In training they would rush you to finish studying a course and not give u all 8 hours they say they would
Also if they don't like you they fire for a srupid reason.
Cons
If you value your time do not waste it here.
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Succasunna, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Company pays below the average wage for the industry. No ability to advance, hard work goes unnoticed. If you make the company more money than an average employee all you get is a pat on the back. Management makes several promises that are always unfulfilled. Bottom line, the company only cares about the revenue they can generate. Workers on the bottom of the totem pole are compensated poorly while upper management is paid very generously including bonuses.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Poor compensation, Bad company morals/standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aptive Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.