Aptive Environmental
59Below average

Aptive Environmental Employee Reviews

United States418 reviews
Featured review
Aptive Environmental selected this as a representative review
Family atmosphere with fun people.
I love working here at aptive environmental. They give you such a welcoming and treat you well here. You learn about different cultures and meet different people that enhances your communication skills. You also learn how to get rid of customers pest problems and see that look of satisfaction of their face. aptive is also such an awesome place to work, because everyone treats you like family here. Even management, they treat you very well, and literally a phone call away. I love the long hours they provide for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything, from getting my products in the morning, talking to the other service pros, to giving the customer the best service. I want to thank aptive environmental for giving me an opportunity to be apart of a great team, and for treating me very well.
Pros
Free breakfast once a month, long hours, and great management
A great company to begin a career in.
A great company to learn and get into the pest control industry.will teach you everything you need to know and supply you with the products anf tools you need to succeed in an essential industry.
The work isn't bad, but the company is misleading
This job wasn't bad, however, the company was expanding to my city and hired a number of people to do the initial work, then let most of us go after a month. Basically they wanted temporary employees to get them started then cut down to a smaller crew. This would have been fine if they had been upfront about it, but instead we were all led to believe that it was a permanent job. Up until the day before they let me go they were talking about making me a manager. Their reason for letting me go was "not a good fit for the company". I spoke with others hired at the same time and they were all let go with the same reason. Most of us left decent jobs for this "better opportunity" and now we are unemployed. Not a good way to do business.
Service Pro Tech
STAY FAR AWAY!!! Aptive will sell you hopes and dreams. They don't train the service pros techs. They rent the trucks through enterprise and use Your name. The pay is ok. The hours are long and management is full of b.s. they do not offer benefits and they layoff during winter. So if u miss a day during your probation period they will use it against you. The company wants you to constantly knock on doors for appointments that have been cancelled. Aptive is not the company you want to learn about pest control
Pros
Lots of Overtime because they dont keep the techs, they layoff during winter.
Cons
Poor MANAGEMENT
Horrible management
None of the people work their has manners. I felt like being around high school kids. The managers were way unprofessional. Sale reps have to meet in an apartment everyday for the morning meeting for one hour and it doesn’t count towards your pay.
Pros
Cons
Work outside in the heat all day with strict schedule and it’s commotion only.
Politics are big here you have to know some one to get some where.
The Customer service reps lie to customers you’ll get locked in a contract of death. Sales man lie to make a sale They don’t treat customers well, we just show up at their house with out them knowing. Also equipment is trash pay is not great for what you do and their idea of training is locking you up in a warehouse all day reading. Some of the managers didn’t have people skills at all. Very dry meetings with not much info.
no time
new management is horrible!!!!!!!! save your self and apply somewhere else. nobody is getting the right training make it hard for anyone to learn due to poor management.
This company is hands down the best experience you can have in the D2D industry.
Work hard, play hard!! Nothing is more rewarding than giving your all and getting the fruits of your labor! This company is a well-oiled machine and will give the training and motivation needed to have success. This will not be easy, as it will take lots of effort to improve and have success, but the compensation is undeniably good. I learned that I can do hard things and accomplish whatever I set my mind to.
Love the job, great learning experience, good leadership and great hours. Overtime is always available. I really enjoyed the take over vehicle. They alway give you good working supplies.
Pros
Take home vehicles
Extremely Dishonest Company
This company and all of the management in it(regional's, team leads, etc) are extremely dishonest. They recruit naive or desperate college students, promise them that they will receive the best training, sell 200+ accounts easily. Then the only training you get before the summer is one shadowing with your team lead. Then you are constantly pressured to work longer hours. They tell you that if there is still any amount of light outside, even if it is 10 PM, you should still be knocking doors. That means you have to deal with very angry people that have to go to work at 4 AM the next morning, who you just woke up. But it doesn't matter to the management at Aptive, as long as they get another dollar in their pocket. Also, they tell you that you are technically not supposed to knock on doors with no soliciting signs, but then they tell you over and over and over again, that if you don't knock on those doors, you will miss out on sales. If you continue to avoid knocking on no soliciting doors. The team lead will pull you aside and ask if something is wrong, and tell you that in order to maximize your potential this summer(aka maximize the dollars in his pocket) you need to start knocking on no soliciting doors.

If you do not meet the minimum amount of sales per week, then they will terminate your contract. If you do not finish the summer, they take all of the commission that you have earned. And you still have to pay them back for rent. The contract is super dishonest, they pressure you to sign it right when you get it because if you read through it you will realize, oh, they
 - more...
Job is good you go all over the bay area and do pest control. they give you company truck and gas card but doesnt start till you are at first house huge downside.
Good summer job, but be prepared
With all the overtime you get, it is hard to beat the pay that you would get working at any other entry-level job, but just be prepared that they work the service pros super hard and there are times you have to be clocked in early in the morning and won't get home until 9-10. So if you want a life outside of work, good luck. Sometimes the routes are poorly made as well, so it makes for a really long day when you have to go back and forth from one stop to another.
Pros
Company vehicle with paid gas, good pay overall
Cons
Very little social life outside of work
The top can suck everything from you.
Dont work here unless youre good at lying through your teeth and can assimilate to all of the most popular societal norms and can live in a hierarchy.
Things I wish I had known before selling for Aptive...
This is a great job if you UNDERSTAND that everyone that talks to you about selling for them has one thing in mind: how much money they can make off of you. I got signed up at a ridiculously low commission which I was told was "the standard starting pay of an salesman". I just accepted it, then signed the contract before realizing all of the little things they had included to get as much money from me as possible.

I ended up finding out that my team lead was making more off of each of my sales than I was. This, combined with the absolutely RIDICULOUS rent charges they come up with left me feeling much more like a number than an employee.

I sold really well (Selling 151 in half of a Summer), but I still only ended up making about half what I would make after selling that amount when I signed on. ALSO, don't forget that you are signing on as an "independent contractor", so you will have to pay self-employment taxes (for me, amounting to well over one thousand dollars) on all of your earnings.

In short, if you are reading this and are considering working as a salesman/woman for Aptive Environmental, the best advice I can give you is...NEGOTIATE!!! While they aren't technically "lying" to you when they are trying to sign you up, they won't tell you the full truth. Ever. Fight for a better commission (the first offer is never the best. Or the second. Or the third. Or the fourth. etc :) ). Fight for perks. Fight for lowered rent costs. Go to other companies and get offers from them, then go back to Aptive and let them try to match or exceed those offers. Be willing to walk
 - more...
They value results more than they do their employees
Be very careful before you sign on to work with them. Have a lawyer review your contract before you sign. Understand that they will take almost anybody out for the summer as long as you are not socially awkward. The structure of the company resembles a pyramid scheme in some ways. Some people succeed at Aptive, but just as many do not. The statistics that are shown to you while you are being recruited are not always honest. BE CAREFUL.
Sales
Get ready to grind. Whether you have zero sales experience or are already an expert, this company will help you reach your peak. They want you to succeed and will do everything they can to put you in a position to.
management is terrible
no time off in summer. work schedule is sometimes impossible. doesnt care about family concerns. company vehicle that you take home is great. got a new general manager who changed the whole way that we worked for the bad.
Kool Company and Kool Managers
A great place to work. You'll get along with all of your Coworkers. The managers are there to assist and help you along the way. It is a very relaxing and laid back environment. The managers doesn't micro manage you they allow you to learn even if its learning the hard way.
Love it
I truly enjoy my job. It's something different everyday. My manager is amazingly supportive when it comes to allowing time off for my health and family.
Summer temporary
Let you work for 6 months then let you go, pretty sure it's because I asked for insurance. Manager it amazing. Dispatch is awesome. One pro is being able to drive company truck home. They provide a gas card.
Decent Job
I went out for a summer and it was an amazing learning experience, having said that I was not the best door to door salesman. I finished the season with close to 70 sales, but was living paycheck to paycheck each week.

PSA: IT IS A GRIND. You get as much out of it as you put it in.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aptive Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight