Aptive Environmental Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Aptive Environmental selected this as a representative review
Family atmosphere with fun people.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 7, 2017
I love working here at aptive environmental. They give you such a welcoming and treat you well here. You learn about different cultures and meet different people that enhances your communication skills. You also learn how to get rid of customers pest problems and see that look of satisfaction of their face. aptive is also such an awesome place to work, because everyone treats you like family here. Even management, they treat you very well, and literally a phone call away. I love the long hours they provide for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything, from getting my products in the morning, talking to the other service pros, to giving the customer the best service. I want to thank aptive environmental for giving me an opportunity to be apart of a great team, and for treating me very well.
Pros
Free breakfast once a month, long hours, and great management
You are just a number
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2019
Company does not care if you’re a hard worker or how loyal you are. You are a number here. They will treat you as if you are the best but really don’t care about you. I was made a lead and after a couple of weeks was I told the position doesn’t actually exist and I wouldn’t be getting a raise. A week later they fired me for something I absolutely did not do no write up or anything just let me go. I would never recommend working for this company they are the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
It was so so
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2019
I just didn't think the pay was enough especially having to work with toxic chemicals. Don't get me wrong they did have a good group of guys working for them.
Pros
Good place to get your applicators licence
Cons
Don't pay enough
Awesome Headquarters Hard Product
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 6, 2019
Its a very complex product to sell, that is almost never a necessity, most days will be OK. Be prepared to work long hours and to make sure your clients are consistent and stay. You receive a small portion up front and a larger back end check, but it doesn't feel worth it.
Pros
Energetic teams, little drama
Cons
Long days, compensation seems too small
Its A job
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 20, 2019
no benifits, low pay, this is a temp job. they hire you and tell u to wait 6 months for a review on if they wanna keep you. thats when u get canned for anything.
Pros
u get paycheck and company truck
Cons
no benifits until review, seasonal job
If you value your time do not waste it here.
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Succasunna, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Company pays below the average wage for the industry. No ability to advance, hard work goes unnoticed. If you make the company more money than an average employee all you get is a pat on the back. Management makes several promises that are always unfulfilled. Bottom line, the company only cares about the revenue they can generate. Workers on the bottom of the totem pole are compensated poorly while upper management is paid very generously including bonuses.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Poor compensation, Bad company morals/standards
Typical Summer Sales company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 16, 2019
Nothing special here. Long hours. Always have to fight the management to get fully paid. Very difficult to work your way to the top. If you aren't making them money, they don't care about you. The definition of over-promise and under-deliver.
Cons
No benefits
Bad company practices
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2018
Management does not pay a good wage for the job being done by service Professionals, being payed 25% less compared to other companies doing the same exact job.
Cons
Low pay, no time for family.
Dont work here if you want to have a life
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 10, 2018
Worked here for over a year & I can definitely say it doesn't get better with time. This company not only rips their customers off, but doesn't even compensate their employees fairly for how much this company makes every day. They're literally the Amazon of pest control. The only good I can take out of working for this company was me getting my foot in the door to a decent money making industry. The way they schedule their routes, work/pay their employees, is the core reason for my departure. The bay area is one of the most expensive places to live in the country yet they only want to pay you $14/hr? When the mcdonalds 2 miles down pays $13 an hr lol. So honestly, if you're willing to be away from home 13 hrs a day for garbage pay & then by all means this is your place.
Productive fun work place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 8, 2018
Could of used better management there other than that the company was pretty successful at helping their customers or even helping the employees with any work day problems
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and small check
Fun but pays poorly
Applicator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA and Las Vegas nevadaOctober 7, 2018
Averaged 17-19 stops a day in about 8 hours. Very fast paced work and lots of driving, they will help you get licensed to spray pesticides which was a plus but this is only good for a temp job in the summer which is cash grab time because of the initial routes which have a lot of overtime. When summers over the work slows down and you start doing quarterly routes and average less overtime. I recommend staying with the sales reps over summer, you will make a lot of money. Outside of that the pay is very poor and almost unlivable for the average joe who doesn’t know the ins and outs of the company and wants to work there permanently as opposed to just summer. If you work here make sure the sales reps are selling in the summer or you might get laid off
Pros
Great summer job
Cons
Low pay, no breaks
pest control
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 3, 2018
not a company that helps you when you are new. was bought out by a bigger corporation. they would make you drive across town all the time. not very productive. hours were great
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Not very productive
Don’t work here
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
This job is only good if you need temporary job the pay is awful you barely make 2000 a month you would think for the amount of work we do and time that we’re out here we would get paid more or at least even a raise please please I’ve worn you do not Work here ur better off at McDonald’s.
Pros
Get a truck
Cons
Everything about the company
Aptive Environmental
Pest Control Technician/Applicator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Working here was pretty good. This was seasonal employment for me so I did not have the opportunity to realize pay increases, advancements, or paid leave. Overtime was available daily if that is something you are looking for.
Pros
Met great people each day
Cons
Sometimes, if you did not choose to work overtime, you would get new accounts anyway to finish out the day
Valuable Experience
CUSTOMER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
It was a position that required a solid state of mind, but provided a sense of accomplishment knowing that you did it not anyone else. Your success depended solely on you.
Cons
No benefits, lack of leadership, poor quality of work environment
Greaat place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 20, 2018
Loved working here . The pay just needs to be alot better for the amount of work that i actually do. $10 is the starting pay and i believe should be like $14 at leas.
Fun, competitive, challenging environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
Toughest, but most rewarding job ever! There are so many competitions, rewards, prizes, incentives every day that make this the best summer sales experience you could ask for. Training is impeccable! Everyone is in this grind together, and makes it a great team culture with lots of fun and constant improvement. If you want to push yourself and achieve the best version of yourself, work with Aptive for one summer.
Pros
Prizes, free trips, competitions, free food often, great pay!
Cons
Long, hard hours in the heat of the summer. You also get eaten alive by mesquitos!
Awesome Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
Working for Aptive has truly changed my life. Not only have I made lifelong friends, but I’ve learned to work with a very diverse group of individuals, learned sales skills, learned to persevere, and truly learned who I have the capability of becoming if I do my part. Before my job here, I worked five jobs to get through school and to afford a somewhat normal lifestyle...now I don’t have to work while in school and can buy my first car. Aptive has not met any of the negative stereotypes that many would impose on it...I feel more than honored to have been allotted this opportunity.
Pros
Tax benefits, sales experience, life skills, travel, leadership skills
Cons
Long hours, mentally tiring, have to learn to not get your way.
manager was awesome
Service Professional/Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
manager was awesome! corporate... not so much. fun environment. employee benefits could be better. example( pto, health care, dental) over time is great though
Work hard, play harder
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2018
As a sales rep, working takes over the summer. The training was phenomenal and we trained the whole summer too, so everyone got better as the summer progressed. The work schedule is tough but you get used to it, plus we always had prize / incentive money as a team so the weekends were way fun. With the team you're always motivated and having fun. Good way to work hard for a few months and make enough money to chill during the school year and be debt free
Pros
Great pay, self improvement, company hooks up the team
Cons
Working a ton
Great Summer experience and good pay
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 9, 2018
Hard work, but worth the outcome. Lots of surprises with pay towards the end of the summer that could be simplified by Aptive. Work hard and practice your skills and your sales abilities will be improved and you'll make great money.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aptive Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.