Aqua-Aston Hospitality Employee Reviews

Worst Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 10, 2019
Only incompetent leaders are hired who are totally clueless about their job and higher even dumber staff. Loosing properties left and right which results in layoffs often, with is usually the best people getting let go and the useless butt kissers het to stay. Promotions from within are rare unless you love kissing butt and rather higher from outside, especially from the mainland. Very high turn over. Even the CEO got let go. What a joke.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, favoritism, clueless leadership
Work Environment
Fast learner, Multitask, people person, reliable (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAMarch 4, 2019
I only wish the company did not go out of business I would still be an employee. Healthy work environment, family oriented and employees very easy to get along with. I love meeting people from all over the world. There are days that are challenging but that is just part of the job.
Pros
Lunch was paid for
Cons
Short breaks beside half hour break there were 10 - 15mins break
Wonderful
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 16, 2018
Honestly, great company to work for. If only I didn't get tired of the commute from Kapolei to Waikiki everyday. But if commute is no problem, this is a great organization to work for.
Bad Management
Desktop Support Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 28, 2018
This company solely exists to repeatedly sell to make money for the shareholders. The company has been bought and sold multiple times within the last 5 years. Management is terrible, and would much rather hire from outside than within - so good luck moving up the ladder. The current parent company, ILG has little to no hotel experience and runs the place like its their personal side project. The company is not on the priority list. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone unless its a temp job. The company is losing management contracts every month it seems and sooner or later they will have gone from being the fastest growing hotel management company in Hawaii to defunct - all because of poor management.
Pros
Discount hotel rates
Cons
Too much to list
Bad management
Director (Current Employee) –  WaikikiJune 26, 2018
Bad management who can’t lead and make sound logical decisions.
Incompetent employees milking over time / bad for the hotel owners.
Lazy , inefficient leaders hire incompetent staff yet turn over rate still sky rocketed.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Bad top management
See below
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 2, 2018
The computer system is too slow and the accounting system is complicated...too many steps before you can make a journal entry. This is not good for an accountant who always need to hurry up to meet deadlines.
It was alright
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 3, 2018
I felt as if there would be no room for advancement, They were losing hotels and they didn't want to invest in a better system. They wanted you to work miracles without any assistance. They promised raises and schedule changes and they never kept their end of the bargain. Always awarded people with food. They gave some gift cards for awards for making highest sales. It was totally unfair because of the hours you were made to work. The turnover is very high for that company. It was a means to no end.
Pros
Benefits were decent, company luncheons and sometimes they would work with your schedule
Cons
Promises not kept, system totally out dated, computers ran slow, building always had problems with AC and stench. The morale was low. Gossiping, not willing to change shifts with you.
Everyday full of excitement and adventure
General Manager/Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Waikīkī Beach, HIDecember 7, 2017
Our company offers an impressive collection of hotels, condos accross a selection of top vacations destinations. We provide excellant services and plenty personality to our valued guests, They will appreciate the many added amenities. Everyday, I make sure my two hotel's rates are competitive in the market and do not leave the owner's money on the table because my job is to maximize the revenue and minimize the costs so that owner can enjoy the great profit.Teammates and guests are our internal and external customers. We have the responsibility to treat them equally and stay in a harmony and safe environment. I enjoy my job and I lead my teammates to achieve the company goals. My hardest part of the job is to fill the rooms with the expected ADR that the owner wants. But, sometimes, the market does not agree with it. That's why I have to work closely with the sales and marketing and the revenue team to achieve a higher ADR. I learned to be more flexible, multitasking, adapt to environment, willing to take risk and detail oriented. I love my job, but I love to have more excitement and adventure in my career and life.
Pros
great advancement, plenty opportunities
Cons
no 24 hours security
Like a roller coaster
Sales/Reservations Coord. (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 13, 2017
The last two years of my employment were very enjoyable. Excellent management team & front line employees. Hardest part of total employment was the constant change in management team. During my time there, I had 5 different General Managers. Learned A LOT from my last GM. He took me under his wing and really helped me develop into the professional I am today.
Pros
Final management team, flexibility in schedule
Cons
High transition of management team
No comment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 3, 2016
I've learned a great deal about the hospitality business, Never a dull moment, working with property owners was a fantastic experience.
Pros
People are great