Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Employee Reviews

unpaid training
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 12, 2018
your all know when looking for a job its because your trying to make some money. At Aqua-tots the training days are unpaid for, is take 18 days to complete the online and in water training. Meanwhile you are working extremely hard to memorize are there rules and procedures you are not getting paid. Truly I believe that it was unfair, I had spent two weeks working there not getting paid while rejecting other job opportunities. Though this place was fo me, I was wrong :(
fun work place
Swim Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 5, 2018
Working with kids is awesome and very rewarding! I wish I could of kept working there, but I kept getting sick from the kids and from being in the pool constantly.
Terrible work environment
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 2, 2018
Management is rude and unprofessional. Employee's are severely underpaid and benefits aren't great. Was given less hours than promised when hired. Not worth the stress.
If you want drama and snobby management
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2018
Management is not really there to oversee issues, so they leave it in no one's hands. This makes for an unprofessional look to our parents. However, when they are around, they sure know how to pretend to be helpful. That's until they basically abuse your kindness and make you do ridiculous tasks that are their** job, all the while you're still getting paid minimum wage.
Pros
free food
Cons
snobby management, no breaks, false sense of self-progress
Very good environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 15, 2018
I throughly enjoyed Aqua-Tots. The staff was great, as well as the managers. Everyone was willing to help out if needed. The clientele were also very kind and generally interacted with the staff.
Not Bad
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 11, 2018
The people were nice, but the training is long and you are constantly being watched. The starting pay is really good for teens and they are great at working with your schedule, however there is no bathroom breaks.
Pros
Starting pay for teens
Cons
No bathroom breaks
Swim Instructor
Swim Instructor/ Front Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 3, 2018
I would not recommend working at this place. The management is very rude and does not know how to work together. Everyone is always on a different page and this makes the work enviroment very stressful.
Aqua-Tots
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 31, 2018
Working for the swim school was a great when it came to meeting families and bonding with kids! Other than that working at the front desk was sometimes rough because of the owner, most aqua-tots are operated by different owners so depending on location it could be a great place to work or a horrible one! I do recommend working front desk if you're a college student looking for a stable job with a flexible schedule
It's a really fun place to work
Aquatics Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 23, 2018
Everybody at Aqua-Tots was very positive and helpful. If you were serious about teaching great swim lessons and having a good time, then you were in the right place.
Pros
Very positive culture, helpful staff
Cons
Pool can be finicky
I left because of new management
Pool Instructor (Former Employee) –  ConroeAugust 17, 2018
I worked at Aqua tots swim schools for about a year I really liked it everyone was friendly I loved working with the kids but after a while they started to make a new location and that owener went to the other location and left the location I was at under the hands of two people that were in their 20s and to me I believe that they were not good people and they didn’t treat everyone fairly, I did not like working for them so I decided to leave.
I loved working for Aqua-tots
SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
A typical day I had 4 children in the water every 30 min, we would work the basics if they were new and continue the skills if they were advanced. Aqua-tots taught me to have a ton of patience, I loved working here.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
Snobby staff.
Productive workplace with great culture
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work, especially for students! Flexible hours around class schedules. Very passionate about the industry and always seeking to excel. Core Values are a huge part of their success.
fun workplace
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working here very much.Everyone is so fun and friendly, along with the parents. I love my students and kids that i work with. overall a true fun experience.
Pros
Good timing
Cons
Fun to work at, joy in working with kids
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 9, 2018
Don’t be afraid to push the kid to help them learn the skill, show them that they can achieve it. Even if something so small in Approvment on the skill of would encourage them more to try to master the skill.
Don’t be afraid of the parents attitude, they want to make sure that you know what your doing.
Pros
Good pay, help children learn how to swim
Cons
Small pool, temperature change, can be more organized
Happy Swimming instructor
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2018
I taught a swimming class that had children of ages 6 to 8 years of age with about 6 children. My class had at least 3 kids because it was a try out. I enjoyed my time there because I loved to work with the kids and I loved to swim. You have to be extremely patient.
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
Such a fun place to work
Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCJune 22, 2018
Aqua-Tots was truly the best place I've ever worked. I formed such great friendships with my co-workers and managers, and I am beyond grateful for the love and support they always showed everyone around them.
Pros
Great culture, no drama
Cons
The water can be exhausting
7/10 Rating
worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 20, 2018
typical day is pretty fast paced, easy job requirements, pretty easy & self explanatory job.

Cons: The GM is a little rough around the edges. management shows favoritism openly. There is a bit of gossip between the younger workers & management. Low raises & very small holiday bonus's, not much growth available especially for the front desk workers. New workers will pass you in pay eventually and you get no compensation.

Pros: great work bond between front desk workers & swim teachers. The front desk manager is great as well. If you love kids this is the job for you. You develop relationships with the families/kids. Easy work above minimum wage pay.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Wonderful
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 19, 2018
Aqua-Tots Swim Schools have everything you could want form a job. They pay fair wages, have reasonable hours, and the management takes a genuine interest in your well-being. Monthly staff meetings help keep consistency among both the front desk and water instructor staff. The only reason I am leaving is because I am moving.
Pros
Flexible work hours, fantastic management.
Cons
No benefits, only part time postilions available.
Fun Job
Master Aquatic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 17, 2018
If you like working with kids and have a knowledge of swimming, then this is a great job. Salary is a great advantage to this job and has opportunities of moving higher up.
Fun workplace, love teaching children
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 11, 2018
a fun workplace if you love working with children. Great learning environment with a clear pool. Great staff to help push you in the right direction..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about