Aqua America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Never work for this company !!!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 17, 2019
This company is awful. You take about 16 calls an hour no room to take a minute and think. Floor support is lazy and gossips about everybody. Managers and supervisors sleeping with employees. I wouldn’t let my dog work here . You have to be dismissed at the end of the day like you’re in elementary school
Pros
Leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Poor Management, Awful pay, Lack of communication
financially benefical
emergency maint (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PADecember 20, 2018
over all aqua is a good place to work they do have room for improvement. they do have a good focus on safety, but do need better responses from people in position getting back to employees
Good people, lots of growth
Project Office Manager, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PADecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, and believe there is opportunity for employee growth. Based on recent acquisitions, there should be a more room for employee advancement. Senior leadership is moving with the company growth and is on the right track. As a consultant I can only say that I have heard the benefits are below standard.
Pros
Room to grow for the right people
Benefits
Very organized and structured work environment
Senior Financial Accountant/Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2018
This company is all business and does not have much team building or a fun place to work but it is very organized and a great learning environment. They have continuous training and offer free online classes for most anything that has to do with your field and also offers tuition reimbusement for degreed programs. Culture is very structured and top down management, but freedom to work unsupervised. They are open to change and improvement and they have many meetings to keep everyone including the parent company on the same page of what is going on in the company at all times. Very organized team environment at a state level as well as at a company level. Everybody helps everybody, even in other states. Has a tendency to over analyze everything and overload employees as a result. I did learn most of my most difficult and tecnical skills here. Very little outside the office interaction. Raises and bonuses were small. Raises were around 4% and bonuses were around $500 to $1k for everyone accross the board. Work at home was normal on top of your 40 hour work week. Very high paced, time deadline environment.
Pros
Open to change and improvement, great learning environment, very organized
Cons
Salaried position overtime expected, little raises and bonuses, high stress environment
Helpdesk Analyst
HELP DESK ANALYST/CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHNovember 16, 2018
Help Desk functioned to serve system and network problems for a company that represented 1300-plus diverse group of end users. Learned a vast knowledge of water related services, from meter reading to water treatment plants. Management was flexible in style with set of all-round management skills which included an open-door policy. The difficulty of not having enough time to do what you need to do to emergency situations. Systems going down, failed server, etc.
Pros
Free lunches, casual dress Friday's.
Cons
Contractor work, no opportunity to advance within the company
good place to work except for the time off.
Lead Wastewater Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
A fair company but never hired enough people to do the job. This caused most people to be oncall and not be paid for it unless you were actually called out.

This limited you on what you could do with your days off.

The pay was fair.
It was really fun to work there
UTILITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Hated to have to leave the job but relocated and couldn’t transfer to an office near me. Liked all the guys I worked with and boss was good. Would be worth looking into
Quick paced, heavy workload
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 11, 2018
Aqua is a good place to work if you're looking to work long, stressful days and have your sleep schedule all messed up. Winter is tough and hard, summer is slower. You love your paycheck after working long hours, but it takes a toll on your body without a doubt.
Pros
Plenty of hours available
Cons
Difficulty seeing family during the cold winters
no comment
Administrator for the Tokay (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 19, 2018
no comment, they have no idea how to run a company they don't care about the little guys who are the front line of the company, they are the most greedy company I have ever truly worked for~
Run away as fast as you can.
Grunt (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 10, 2018
If you’re already licensed, find a job with a different company. They do not provide you with the tools you need to complete the job safely and effectively. If you value your time with your family- this company is not for you. Company men don’t give a dang about you, or your quality of life. You are replaceable. Union will take your money and “fight” for you while breaking bread with company men. Company men will tell you all the right things to just barely keep you hanging in there, then will let you down time and time again. Reimbursements take forever. Training is sub par. Turnover rate is incredibly high. Bare bones skeleton crews, not enough man power nor experience. Managers hire their buddies rather than hiring real workers Benefits are next to nothing. The ratio for manager to worker is about 300:1. In short, if you don’t know anyone in the company don’t bother applying- the jobs already taken.
Pros
Pa
Cons
Too many to list.
Work Place Culture Needs Attention
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46814June 3, 2018
Great benefits!
The pay should reflect the workload meaning employees are underpaid.
The company employees are overworked because of the lack of employees management is allowed to hire.
The particular site location is in need of some redundancy - too lean
There is a lot of office gossip which destroy's morale which breeds hostility.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Low pay, overworked
Great Seasonal Laborer Opportunities
Seasonal Laborer (SUMMER) (Former Employee) –  Southeastern, PAMarch 13, 2018
This Seasonal Laborer position was perfect for a short term summer season. Perfect for current college students or anyone looking for summer part-time work.
its a ok place to work
Utilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAMarch 9, 2018
my day starts of with 50 jobs a day 5 days a week.half of those jobs can be shut off for the water service for non payment..you can work up to 40 plus hrs a week depending on the work. also you get turn ons which or the services you shut off the day before .. its a lot of driving and you go to different parts of the county like , Delaware , montgomery ,berks,chester counties
Pros
work by your self . take your break anytime, work out side, lot of ot
Cons
alot off driving, no sick days
not enough people to run a water company
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Management acts like they care about you.But dont! Company has taken all the benefits away. No respect for the operators. Every other employee gets proper safety training operators dont because it is ot and they dont pay ot for training.
Pros
pay
Cons
never see family
Availiable at the time
Customer Service Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJanuary 21, 2018
I worked in customer service so answering calls and general paperwork. The environment was not the friendliest and some people lacked consideration. I did not enjoy working in customer service at aqua.
Pros
large enviornment
Cons
not a lot of job opportunities
No management direction
HRIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJanuary 19, 2018
No direction of upper management, too many secrets. I was promised to be taught several things before my employment and it never happened. Too busy to teach me but not too busy to chit chat for hours every day.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No guidance
Great place to get started
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 16, 2018
I love the job, and enjoy working for the company. The management in the office that I work is great. Not really familiar with many of the others out side of North Carolina. I do not wish to say anything bad about the company nor will I.
Pros
Truck
Cons
Rather not answer
your saved earned vacation time is taken without away without pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  njDecember 6, 2017
learned not to trust aqua. how can you just take away employees vacation time which they have earned so many hours each month and say we wont give you what you have big joke we care and one big happy family.
Cons
aqua lies to employees
good company
Mechanic Operator (Current Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 17, 2017
I love the schedule I work. I only work 7 days every 2 weeks, but get paid full time and have good benefits. Management is reasonable and easy to work with. I have received a certification in water treatment/operation of a water plant. The hardest part of the job is working shifts, but its still not bad compared to other places I've heard of.
Aqua Texas work there employees hard
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Kerville, TXMay 31, 2017
Management at Aqua Texas/Aqua America tries to get the most work out of each employee as possible with the belief that there is no morality in business but just to make more profits. .

Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Working through lunch & not being paid, not having right tools or PPE

Comment – June 13, 2017

Must not be just at that location but at others. Had just about the same experience here in Fort Worth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aqua America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.