Aqua Metals

Working at Aqua Metals: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

managementworkgreatteamgoodlotaquametal

Sketchy

I loved my job and what I did. I always was incorporated and had a valued opinion. The problem is they were/are a startup and would cut corners(or so it appeared) to make investors happy.

Great company and terrific place to work.

I have worked at Aqua Metals for nearly three years. It is a great company. The industry is dynamic with incredible potential for growth. Aqua Metals technology is exciting and I believe can be a game-changer in battery recycling. The management team is very solid and has demonstrated the ability to successfully adapt to challenging situations while maintaining a strategic focus.

Aqua Metals insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Would be amazing company with the right people

I left the company because of the lead Harassment even though I appreciated the mechanics that stood up for me I still felt being left with that same lead was going to Get any better but there was a lot of things going on there so I left and went to a different job,

Pros

I like the job in the mill

Cons

Not a great leader ship or guidance in this job

Official response from Aqua Metals

March 2, 2021
Thank you for your comment. As a start-up company with proven technology, we have hired temporary staff to complete challenging cleaning of our facility. We strive for safety with lead and have had zero recordables for greater than a year. This does require staff that are self-directed, professional, and able to communicate, which is why we currently pay $25 plus full benefits. We are proud of and stand behind our safety program (Lead, COVID-19, etc.), and we will always recognize and communicate if and when there is a safety issue. Thanks again for your candor. I would like to take your call and take any feedback at 775-234-5266 if you are available. Thanks

Good people, exciting future

I like working with the people at this company. The work challenging and rewarding. I have been with this company since its days as a start-up in a garage. There have been ups and downs, but the company has found its path and is charging ahead. I like working for a company that has a positive effect on the environment.

Pros

Good people, supportive management

Cons

The commute is not good when the weather is bad

Excellent place to work

Aqua Metals provides excellent benefits, has a great management team, and truly cares about their employees. Management is constantly improving the workplace and does a great job of making employees feel valued.

Pros

weekends off, great benefits, values employees

Start-Up Environment

You have to be skilled at what you know and fit your skills into work. Very team centered and will take care of you. Treat people with respect and buy lunch for us a lot.

Pros

Freedom & Professionalism

Cons

You have to know your stuff and find a way to make it work. No one will micromanage you here.

Fantastic Company

Great innovative company. Fantastic compensation. Management is very professional and respectful. Best company that I have ever worked for. Unbelievable technology.

Positive and SupportiveEnvironment

Very helpful, positive, safety focused leadership. Always time to listen, changes made quickly, very focused on safety and adapting to changes, high class equipment and constant training, senior mgmt always available. Outstanding compensation, goals and expectations clearly defined.

Pros

safety first

Cons

temp assignment

Positive and SupportiveEnvironment

Pros

safety first

Cons

temp assignment

Lousy company

Mistreated. Miss guided. Work hard and multi tasked was not apricieted. Wanted to learn on every department if they needed. Management is degrading and disrespectful..

Unfortunate & Sad

Aqua Metals is a terribly mismanaged company and I would not recommend it to anyone. Protect your career, savings, and reputation by not accepting employment with them. I wish someone would have told me this when I went to work for them three years ago. They have had major firings/layoffs around the holidays for two consecutive years. They have never met a production or commissioning milestone, and they have wasted untold millions of their shareholder’s money. Their senior management is delusional, and they value blind loyalty over performance. Take the time to research this company online and don't damage your career by associating with them.

Aqua Metals

Aqua Metals is a good place to work with an inclusive culture. The management team are interested in the development of employees and provides an annual budget for employee training. Overall, Aqua Metals is a good employer.

This is a place with many oportunities to grow professionally.It is fun to work and you have a flexible schedule.Management is very friendly and they know what they are doing.

You will learn new skills here

There is plenty to learn here at Aqua Metals, Our employees are process, operators, maintenance and engineering professionals with skills that will last a lifetime.

Good place to work was there for 7 months. Was treated great. Just the commute sucked. Some times you you felt overwhelmed. Overall great place to be.

Location with Reno is challenging

Lack of leadership with skills Need of training for engineering staff Schedule is always in motion Average of 6 meetings a day General direction of the company changes on a weekly basis. Politicts play a big role in servival of the common worker Funds spent on the wrong projects.

Pros

Worked with a great crew of engineers

Cons

Lack of directiosn from upper management

Startup that needed stronger management

Had a good idea but needed proper management to implement ideas. Had good science idea, but needed stronger scientific teams to implement them. Overall good culture and nice people.

Yuck

If you don’t mind working for a bully manager. If he didn’t think it he won’t listen. Have monthly blood test because you work with lead. Lots of cleaning.

Na

Decent pay, physically demanding. Working around lead and acid, possible batman joker issue. Good company benefits, management could be better. thank you

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hazardous Materials

Bullied by Supervisor

Worked for this company as Accounts Payable for 2 years, they have bad management. The person who manage the AP team doesn't really know how to manage and full of lies, I had expressed to transfer to the PO department a year ago and they never make it happen. They didn't offer internal opportunity, instead they hired a new entry level for the PO department last month. I had to train my new supervisor in the AP team and another new person, take care the workload of the other person who just left. Not just that, I was bullied by the new supervisor, working is very stressfull. Talked to the HR, HR didn't help, they made me to report to the same person who bullies me or they fired me. They took my batch away and watch me leave the company and not even let me say good bye to my co-workers.

A good place to work

I liked working there. Wanted to get hired on, but they didn't do any hiring. It was temporary. The supervisors treated me ok. The pay was less than I needed but it was what they pay.

Pros

they treated me okay

Cons

it was temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aqua Metals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Aqua Metals in popular locations

• Aqua Metals
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?