AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great company with lot of management issues.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 6, 2018
Management system does not work verry well. Apart from that Aquasafe is a Great comapny with a lot of potential unfortunatelly focusing mainly on quantity of selled contract forgetting about quality of provided services.
Pros
Inertantianol staff.
Cons
service department and not enough staffing
Very fun work place with real opportunities.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 14, 2018
The work environment at Aquasafe Pool Management Inc is very conducive to growth both socially and professionally.

The job itself (lifeguard) teaches real life skills such as time management, vigilance, courtesy, people management and self management.

I would recommend this job to anyone because the management is really accepting of its employees and provides the same potential for growth for everyone.

There is also alot of opportunities to social, relax and travel not just the US but internationally!

Great Employer! Great work environment!
Pros
Networking, Open door policy, certification
Cons
None to mention
very nice place to work!!
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 13, 2018
its really nice company, there's great team work, its a family enviroment really! they care for their employees and their costumers and you never feel left out!
just a seasonal option
Pool Manager/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAApril 11, 2018
long days, not much guidance given, no options for substitutions if needed, poor management, very difficult to communicate with management, left to your own devices if something goes wrong
April 13, 2018

Thank you for your review.
We take feedback such as yours very seriously and use it as a means to improve our processes and training. We are sorry that you felt that you had a difficult time communicating with management. We have multiple layers of management available if you are ever unable to get in touch with your direct supervisor, including Safety Managers, Division Managers, Regional Managers, as well as our teams in our regional offices who are always just a phone call away. We will ensure that this chain of command is properly communicated in the future. We never want our team to feel unsupported. We hope you are considering us as a seasonal option again for the upcoming summer, so we can have the opportunity to further discuss this matter and any other areas of concern with you personally.
-Staffing Team, AquaSafe Pool Management.

A Second Home
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 15, 2018
It's a small company so everyone know's each other. At least once a week we would all go outside and eat lunch together. When it was someone's birthday we would all get together in the Conference Room to celebrate them. You definitely feel valued as an employee.
Pros
Free Lunch on Friday, Casual Attire, 9 AM arrival
Summer job - lifeguarding
Head Lifeguard/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 14, 2018
I have been working with AquaSafe every summer since 2015 and it is the best company in its business (I tried some others previously). The management is responsible and responds to all the issues and deals with them accordingly. They also organize some events for lifeguards during the summer and you get a chance to work in international team.
Pros
flexibility, available hours, international team
Real professionals!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 11, 2018
I work at AquaSafe Pool Management since 2014. I gained a lot of experience and learned how to take responsibility and how to work in a team. I will definitely recommend them to my friends!
Pros
We had free lunch very often
Cons
There were no cons
Improving to the best every day!
International Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 10, 2017
I have been working at Aquasafe Pool Management part-time more than 3 years.
The company develops every day! The whole team is working on a common goal. Every year I can see a big step forward, company implement new technics and try to make the work better.
There may be people who joined the company for the first year, do not see this HUGE improvement difference from last years..but employees who come back again and again from different parts of the world every year, choose AquaSafe, because they know that team are waiting for them, that they are happy to see them and their work is appreciated! I respect my employer that they care about people. Thank you.
Pros
Keep improving and appreciate your best employees. You on a good way!
Cons
We need to see positive in everything, so I'll skip all details which are not important!
No permitan que ellos le consiga alojamiento
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 26, 2017
La empresa es muy exigente con el trabajo pero no valora a sus empleados, el alojamiento que ellos le brindan no es el esperado al menos en mi experiencia y es demasiado caro
Pretty lax for a summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 21, 2017
Monitoring Ph levels, enforcing pool rules, preventing swimmers from being unsafe, and maintaining state & county safety protocols for swimmers.
Overall an okay summer job
Pros
Good money, Bi weekly, and good hours
Cons
Long days, applied for part time but got full time
Just A Bad company
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 19, 2017
a typical day at work would be mainly looking over people from a high chair and make sure that no one is doing anything wrong

i learned nothing new but just hone my nature skills

management was bad because there would be times that no one would go to the pool because they got sent somewhere else instead of preferred pool

the hardest part of the job is setting up the pool because all equipment is nearly broken and do not treat us lifeguards well
Pros
hourly breaks to clean the pool
Cons
facility is not clean, short on staff, dont pay fairly
Best Pool Company to work for
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 6, 2017
Spring and summers are very busy, but this is the nature of the pool business in this part of US where pool season is only 3 months. Slower fall and winter makes up for the rush.
Wonderful
Staff (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 3, 2017
Awesome people working for the company! Everyone is very positive and enthusiastic. As the organization is growing, many team members are growing to higher positions. You will get the necessary training and resources to help you reach the goals. Great benefits and very good team feel.
Pros
Diverse team members, career growth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 29, 2017
The culture at AquaSafe is great, and the employees are even greater. Working here is enjoyable and everyone is always eager to help each other. Everybody is passionate about their work and works hard 24/7. I would highly recommend working with AquaSafe!
Pros
Weekly lunches, good pay, friendly staff
Diverse and dynamic
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 28, 2017
People often ask what a pool management company does in the winter but the answer is a lot! Part of what makes this company great is that you will never get bored because there is always something different to work on depending on the time of year. There is also excellent opportunities for advancement as upper management encourages everyone to constantly challenge themselves and will support your growth whether you want to take on a new project or attend a training. The diverse team makes every day interesting as well!
Pros
Culture, diversity, advancement opportunities
Cons
Busy season is Memorial Day to Labor Day
Lifeguarding job
Lifeguard for two summers (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PAMarch 13, 2017
I worked with Aquasafe Pool Management for two summers and the first summer was better than the second one. The second one was unorganized and something I would not go back too.They also told me I would get paid a certain amount then changed my salary rate without letting me know.
March 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. As an employee who worked with us for multiple years, you should know that we encourage open communication regarding any concerns and we will always do our best to make sure any issues are resolved. We are constantly working to improve so we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding this past season, and to see if we can come up with a solution to change your mind about coming back to work with us.
In regards to your salary, all employees sign an official job offer with their offered payrate clearly stated prior to starting their employment. There is no situation in which a payrate would be reduced from the officially offered payrate without reason or without the employee signing another official job offer. If you feel that this is not how your particular situation was handled, please contact our corporate office so that we may conduct a more thorough investigation.

Very welcoming
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 4, 2017
All employees are very welcoming, management is very welcoming and respectful as well as being very professional. Very straight forward job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Some locations were a bit far for me personally
March 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your honest review! We appreciate your hard work and hope we will have the opportunity to work with you again in the future! In regards to the locations, as we grow we can only hope that we will add more locations that will be more convenient for you!

Great company with plenty of options to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 20, 2017
I have been with the company for more than 5 years and can see the overall operation improving each year. The Management always works toward improvement and innovations.
March 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for your years of service! Dedication and hard work from employees like yourself are the reasons we are able to constantly improve!

Overall not a good place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
I worked for AquaSafe for one summer, and I will not be returning. The managers expect too much with very little assistance. First day to the pool, no one contacted me on what to do or what the rules were. Managers always seemed too busy to answer simple questions, (pool chemical issues, patron complaints etc...). I wasn't given the hours I was offered over the phone interview.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Managers, free time, workplace assistance
February 20, 2017

We are very sorry that your experience with us this summer was not excellent. We appreciate feedback such as yours so we can identify the areas in need of improvement, and develop our training techniques appropriately. Employees are always encouraged to contact our HR Department with any concerns during the season so we can address the issue right away. Unfortunately, now we can only try to improve in the future. Again, we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your season with us and we would like the opportunity to speak to you about your concerns. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience.

Fun job but not so fun
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work was easy. I learned how to get along with a group of people and work with a team. My co-workers were okay. Some were good some were bad. The job isn't hard at all. What I enjoyed the most was that I got along with patrons and I could be myself while I was at work. I met a lot of great people.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad you were able to make friends and learn some valuable skills during your summer with us! We hope to work with you again in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc. Reviews by Location