Aquatic Development Group Employee Reviews

"Old-School" Employee Friendly, Family Owned Business
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Overall great place to work. ADG values their employees, and treats them well. Many employees have been there for over 10 years which speaks to how well employees are treated.
Every day is a new adventure!
Manager of Engineering & Architecture (Current Employee) –  WaterparkJanuary 17, 2017
New and exciting projects. Staff are challenged to expand their skill sets into each facet of our business and develop new venue and entertainment concepts.
Pros
Fun, Fast, Busy, Innovative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYNovember 20, 2014
Updating old archive files to excel format by creating a database. I created this myself using excel.
Helped other departments with spreadsheet, invoices, and filing.
• Coordinated all meeting and lunches for guests.
• Worked independently and prioritize multi-task duties
- Worked with shipping companies to get project/documents out on line.
Pros
Fun and amazing people to work with
Not great
Marketing Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYOctober 28, 2014
This business is run by a father and son partnership. I was a one person marketing department from soup to nuts with unrealistic expectations.
Pros
product line was wave pools, surfing simulators
Cons
no support
Very organized yet fun place to work
Clerical/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. My everyday tasks kept me busy yet I also enjoyed it all. I learned new things each day with the help of the person above me. She taught me many things about Microsoft. The company was very nice to work for as well and of course those I worked with were great people. I can't say that there was really anything about the job that I did not like. I truly enjoyed it all. My favorite part of it was greeting everyone who came through the doors and also helping to set up the conference room for clients. I also enjoyed typing and filing. I love to organize, so when they had me on a project that required me to completely reorganize a whole room of filing cabinets I was in heaven so to speak.
I did love my job here but obviously knowing they are going to have to lay me off makes it seem a whole lot less fabulous
Assistant to the Vice Presidents (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJune 25, 2012
I have enjoyed working for Aquatic Development Group for the past 7 years, I thought I would retire from this firm. I am still shocked by the news about the staff reorganization, I did think that my job would be safe even though I knew we were having financial difficulties. I truly adore the man that I work for here, he is brilliant and compassionate and I am terribly sad to be leaving him and the company. I know they would hire me back when the situation improves, but I hope to be extremely happy in a new and better position with a more stable company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am always busy, I thrive in a busy atmosphere and I love to help people, which is why working as an assistant to executives is the career path that I have chosen. Clearly the hardest part of the job has been the uncertainty of the work environment, we have undergone several rounds of layoffs and haven't been offered raises in many years due to our financial struggles.